ORAS OU Mega Manectric OU

Edit: I am new to the forums and I acidentally posted this in xy. I am reposting it as oras.

mega_manectric_by_tomycase-d6s5qh6.png

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Intimidate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature

- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch

A pretty standard set here. I love to use him because having such a powerful volt-switcher can really help to set up plays and trick my opponent into wasting a turn. I choose to use overheat over flamethrower because the extra bit of damage helps on many random pokes. I don't mind the sp attack drop because I am constantly volt switching anyway to abuse the intimidate. Hidden power ice takes care of garchomp and 2HKOs mega altaria.

photo.JPG

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Atk / 128 SpD
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed

After starting with manectric I wanted to have a poke to volt switch into predicting earthquake. I wanted a specially bulky d-nite that can wall a few hits. The evs allow decent damage after a dragon dance or two. Rest heals to full once I acquire damage from my dragon dance turn. I found I don't use e speed as much as I thought I would, but don't know what to switch it for. Ice beam maybe?

imgres3.jpg

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Atk / 72 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

T-tar is my main lead and physically defensive poke. I wasn't really sure with the evs. Previously I used 252 hp/ 252 def/ 4 atk but it would just get killed without doing much. Stone edge and crunch for stab. Earthquake is fine but I have been debating using ice punch instead.

images.jpg

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Focus Blast
- Taunt
- Shadow Ball

I chose gengar because I have a total of three ground weaknesses on the team and wanted to make sure I have a few ground immunities. The moveset here was tricky because I also wanted to add dazzling gleam, but couldn't fit it in. Energy ball because I have no other grass moves on the team, and quagsire/swampert become problems. Not sure if a choice spec would be better than a life orb. Dark pulse and sludge bomb for stab.
4.jpg

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide

Excadrill is my rapid spinner for the team. After t-tar sets up the sand, excadrill CAN tear through teams. Although I get lucky sometimes and knock out three pokes in a row with this guy, excadrill is often is OHKOed or sacrificed to allow a safe switch. This slot is the one I need most help with. Earthquake and poison jab are covered by other pokes too.

imgres.jpg

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough

Azumarill is often the MVP of the game for me. Once I set up belly drum, some teams can not stop it. The set itself is standard. I chose aqua jet over superpower because the priority at +4 often kills threats that would outspeed azumarill otherwise. Waterfall and play rough are strong stabs that can do solid damage to most everything. Waterfall hits ferrothorn hard to, if I lose manectric's overheat

Thank you for rating! :)
Also I don't know how to add those cool animated sprites, can someone let me know how?

Attachments

Last edited:
Gengar, it gets Giga Drain over E-Ball, and recovery is always good with LO.
Excadrill, Poison Jab should be Rock Slide for coverage.

Dragonite with T-tar is a waste of Multiscale.
Dragonite @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Atk / 128 SpD
Careful Nature
- Roost / Heal Bell / Refresh
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw / Outrage
- Extreme Speed / Iron Head / Earthquake.

Thanks for the rate and help with the sets. Also since multiscale is ruined by the sandstorm, should I take out d-nite altoghether? Or could it still work? Do you have any pokes to suggest?

Thanks for the rate and help with the sets. Also since multiscale is ruined by the sandstorm, should I take out d-nite altoghether? Or could it still work? Do you have any pokes to suggest?
No need to scrap dnite all together, run Leftovers instead of lum berry and it should be fine. Espeed is one brilliant move and excellent for revenge killing mons. However I would recommend roost over rest and Outrage over Dragon claw.

Use any other move instead of Dark Pulse on Gengar. It's coverage is completeley redundant with Shadow Ball, which gets STAB too. There's no reason to run dark pulse.

Since you say Tyranitar dies without doing too much why not give it the item Smooth Rock? It increases turns of sand which can be useful for your Excadrill. Also Excadrill doesnt need Poison Jab it has Iron Head. I recommend Swords Dance as you can pick off more pokemon with a Swords Dance off or you could go with Rock Slide for more coverage.

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Poison Jab Swords Dance / Rock Slide

And yeah Dark Pulse on Gengar really has no use, I believe Ghost/Poison > Dark coverage? So go with something like Substitute or Focus Blast

The set standard:

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Taunt / Giga Drain

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)