Other OU CCAT - Team Complete (Revisions and Edits Stage)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Wish
- Protect

With the selection of Choice Specs Dragalge as our second pokemon, it looks as if we're shooting for a balanced team, the sort of team that Clefable fits very well onto. I am nominating Physically Defensive Unaware Clefable with Thunder Wave for our third team member, as I think it has the best synergy with SD Mega Absol and Specs Dragalge. Thunder Wave gives us a soft check to most setup sweepers in OU, and it also slows down common Clefable checks, such as Gengar and Heatran down for Dragalge to nuke. I went with the standard physically defensive spread, as it shuts down the greatest number of pokemon, and at present, our team does not seem like it will be overly Thundurus or Keldeo weak, and at the end, if it's excessively weak to Landorus, there's always the option of running Ice Beam on Mega Absol. While using Thunder Wave over Aromatherapy make Clefable less effective against stall, Mega Absol's Knock Off + Magic Bounce and Specs Dragalge's nuking capabilities ensure that we'll have a decent matchup. Clefable could run Magic Guard instead, but as Mega Absol is extremely frail, and Dragalge is very slow, Unaware seems like the stronger ability, as it reduces the number of pokemon and sets that can threaten to sweep us.

Last edited:

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall/Superpower
- Play Rough

Patches up dragalges and absols weaknessess pretty good and gives extra bulk to the team. Priority user and knock off never hurt and its weaknessess are resisted by Galge. Not much to say, simple mon, simple principle and works fine. Also can handle every mega altaria set since absol hates altaria. Dragalge can handle her too but hates EQ and being locked forces it to switch more.

In full support of defensive Lando-T nom by scotti. I don't see a better mon to fill that third spot.

Anyways, I nominate Physically Defensive Hippowdon.

Hippo is one of the most reliable rockers no matter what tier its in, and unlike some other rock setters, it can stay in a match longer thanks to Slack Off. I figured Phys Def would be optimal for the team, letting it take on powerful physical attacks from stuff like Terrakion, Scarf Landorus-T, and birds, which all make quick work of DragAbsol. Hippo can run even a mixed bulk spread to take on electrics like Mega Man and Thundurus while still walling physical attackers nicely. Yeah, so that's my nom. Still think Lando-T is the best but gots to leave a nom amirite

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
-Slack Off
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Stealth Rock

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Voting time!

Make sure to bold your vote, and voting will be up for 48 hours.

SpDef Heatran
Defensive Landorus-T
Unaware Clefable
AV Azumarill
Defensive Hippowdon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)