Let's Play! Deino Plays! np: Omega Ruby Gauntlet FINALE

deinosaur

now available in lowercase
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Let’s Play Pokemon Omega Ruby!

Chapter Seven: DexNav is Not Difficult to Use and I Refuse to Admit That I Had Difficulty with Said Device

After beating Winona (and taking part in some really fun events for Orange Islands Plays), I finally begin my journey to Lilycove. I start searching in the tall grass for an Absol that I want to use on my travels.

After a long and disappointing while, I catch and Absol which I nickname Lucky, but he won’t stay on the team for long. I am hopefully going to use the DexNav to find a better one out there.

After 45 or so minutes, I caught the luckiest Absol of my entire life. Adamant with Super Luck and a moveset of Sucker Punch, Night Slash, Psycho Cut, and Detect. I couldn’t ask for anything better.

Props to you for being a great user! n_n

I head south and I wander into the Scorched Slab, only to find nothing. I thought there was Bagon in there. Shows what I know.

Turns out there's only a Heatran in there!

I move south and for some reason the reflection of the water looks incredible. I’m a fan.

Being a nature photographer, I'm a sucker for things like this.

I accidentally skip a few trainers on a bike, and I’m unsure whether or not they’re supposed to turn around. I need some more levels for my Latios and Skarmory, who are sitting way below my others. It’s a relatively boring run to Lilycove.

I finally meet up with May, so it’s time for the first major battle of the segment!

Swellow falls to Latios when it tries to Double Team twice. Luster Purge saves me by not missing!

ft. part of cody's bed

Wailord comes in, but he uses Amnesia. This will take a while. And then Rest. Thanks. I toss out a Potion and switch to Marill. Rollout starts to do massive damage after a few turns and the Wailord faints.

I tried to take a picture of Blaziken, but my game kept going and killed Blaziken with Rollout before I could do anything.

Breloom falls to a single Luster Purge, and I emerge victorious!

Latios < Treecko tbh

It’s finally time to shop. I am certain more girls would play Pokemon if they knew that three quarters of the way through the game, they could go on a shopping spree.

SHOPPING MONTAGE

When did these get SO EXPENSIVE WTF

deino is a child y/y

Okay that wasn’t all that long. Oh well.

Now I’m off to the Safari Zone to find myself an Absolite. :)

Now my Absol can be nicknamed "MVP"

After finding the Absolite, it’s time to climb Mt. Pyre. The exit to the actual mountain is near the top, so I’ll have to actually face a good amount of ghosts before I can leave.

This is kinda what girls say when I walk up

After making it outside (and catching a Vulpix for the collection), I finally make it up to Team Magma. I get to fight against Courtney again!

Camerupt gets rocked by a single Surf from Latios. That was easy.

Standing majestically upon Mt. Pyre

Briyella - Level 35
Hulavuta - Level 34
Kadew - Level 39
Jimera0 - Level 37

That’s probably where I’m going to end off the episode to stifle any further delay. Hope you enjoyed, even if this one was a little short! Trust me, it took longer than most of the other episodes!

I'll definitely keep working on this, but I've got school stuff (as is everyone else's excuse) that may get in the way. Thank you for all of the support!

~Deino

Last edited:

deinosaur

Let's Play Pokemon Omega Ruby!

Chapter 8: Deino What the Fuck Are You Drawing

As you may or may not have seen, recently I've gotten into drawing stuff in MS Paint. Welp. Yeah. This is the thing. Luckily its a short update.

I find myself on the top of Mt. Pyre, and I immediately fly to Slateport. I then pick up my Contrary Serperior (YAYYYY) which I won’t be using.

I go to visit Capt. Stern as he gets interviewed by a young lady about his submarine. He seems to be uncomfortable in front of the camera. If only he was like Jimera0…

Maxie leaves in the submarine, but he leaves a pretty blatant clue about where I can find him. The grunts try and take me down, but they aren't even close.

Captain Stern asks for my help (obviously, everyone has seen how helpful I am). Luckily for him, I was just on my way to Lilycove. What a coincidence.

I love the wind on my mane (selfie)

I visit my favorite man in Lilycove—the guy with Rest. He’s my hero. I model my work ethic after his.

Hanging out with my best friend <3

I’m now on my way to the well-hidden hideout of Team Magma.

Where the fuck

I get lost for a while, but eventually find where I’m going by following the trail of grunts. My Pokemon are still pretty well underlevelled, but that’s the least of my worries at this point. I make it all the way to the four Pokeballs in the office.

Getting to fight the team of Poochyenas is a pretty dumb addition to the game in my opinion. They all fall to Surf from Latios. I get to see the cool Camerupt submarine and get to wipe the floor with Courtney.

I go on towards Mossdeep, and catch a Tentacruel on the way. I need a water type that can hit a little bit harder than Kadew. Sorry :(

Hydrattler <3

Luckily, it’s time to take on Tate and Liza. Absol is gonna have a field day with these two.

The gym takes some time to get through, but overall isn’t too challenging. The real battle comes against the Gym Leaders. My Pokemon are heavily underlevelled.

I mega evolve with Absol and Briyella uses Surf. It takes out a good chunk from Solrock and Lunatone. Night Slash then flat out KOes Solrock. Another Night Slash finishes the match. (Thank goodness they only have two mons this gen)

So that’s it for this update! Very short, again, but took me a bit of time (I bet you can guess why). Thank you so much for reading, it was a lot of fun updating this way. Let me know what you think, because I can certainly go back to just taking photos.

Leave a like if you enjoyed!

~Deino

Deino, your updates never cease to amaze. I seriously laughed out loud at this one. However, although I definitely think the MS Paint drawings are good once in awhile, I would prefer photos for the majority of them.

Keep up the awesome story!

also there's someone you haven't named a mon after yet and it isn't Karxrida cough cough

Last edited:

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't care who you name your mons after but I think it should go without saying that if you get picked you should be updating your avatar to the MS Paint art of your Pokemon ASAP

Anyway, I've gotta agree with lucariomaster2. The drawings are funny as hell ("NOT THE MAGMA HIDEOUT" omg) but it was nice seeing actual screen shots / photos from the game, like one of the Tate & Liza battle would have been better than the drawing imo. I am absolutely loving your work (now I regret not doing a Let's Play for my new playthrough) so keep it up! :)

deinosaur

Don't everyone worry. This MS Paint is a lot of fun, but I'll definitely be moving back to screenshots with the next updates (although I do like drawing the mons in paint). You might still get to see one drawing per update, but I'm definitely headed back into the usual intelligible pictures.

This just felt like a little comedic relief on a short update. :)

deinosaur

Chapter 9: GROUDON

Forgive me for being so late about this. My week has been incredibly busy (and I started an art thread!), and I even have more stuff later tonight.

I wake up in Mossdeep and pay a visit to Steven.

After he gives me Dive, I visit the space center and prepare to leave the city.

This place is huge!

I begin my travels south into the vast expanse of ocean. I’ll be looking for the Underwater Cavern somewhere on Route 128.

Well hello Brenda...!

Instead, I find a very suspicious giant underwater mountain. I think I’ll go explore. :)

Boy god damn am I tired

Sootopolis is absolutely beautiful, but I won’t have to be back here until later. Time to continue towards the Underwater Cavern!

The reflections are a really nice touch

Is this it?

We land ashore inside to begin our trek towards the heart where Maxie lies. Let us begin our journey.

Fighting countless Golbats and solving “puzzles” gets on my nerves pretty quickly, but the center of the cavern isn’t far away.

The only TM that matters

We find the TM Earthquake (ugh finally) and move down into the gaping hole in the ground. In the center, there’s enough smoke to rival Colorado, so Maxie and Archie are having a HELLA good time down here.

Duuuuuuuuude

Anyways, time for the Maxie battle.

He sends out Mightyena against my Absol.

Night Slash isn’t very effective, but that doesn’t stop it from being a 3HKO. One down.

Weezing comes out next. He explodes immediately. Absol is down (no worries, that’s only the first death for him) and I send out Latios to face Crobat.

That thing tanks a Luster Purge (what the fuck) but only Mean Looks in return. It falls to another LP.

Out comes Camerupt (MEGA CAMERUPT AHHHHH) to fall to a single Surf.

Cody wins!

Fucking calm down Groudon

Mega Groudon awakens and kinda makes a mess of things. I just mash through a LOT of text and then begin my journey back to Sootopolis. Deeper in Sootopolis, we meet Wallace and wander after him towards the Cave of Origin.

Fucking cool looking cave tho

I keep running deeper and deeeeeeeper into the Cave of Origin. FUCKING GOLBATS

I reach the magma pit at the very center of the cave and dawn my Magma Suit.

Space y/n

I climb onto Groudon’s back (is this safe for kids??) and ride him to the REAL center of the cave. There appears to be some sort of giant crystal and then Groudon Primal Reverses. We jump into battle.

Since the damn thing has Rest, I’m not gonna mess around. I just catch it in the Master Ball.

There ya go Karxrida <3

I mash through an unbelievable amount of text. It’s time to take on Wallace (finally)

I love these puzzles!

LETS GO

Luvdisc comes out first against my Absol. Attract being its best move by far. One Night Slash takes it down.

For Milotic, I stay in with Absol. Hydro Pump does way too much and I switch to Latios. Milotic still hits hard as shit with Ice Beam. When I bring out Tentacruel, it reminds me that it has Hyper Potions and Recover. Fuck you. I poison it with Poison Jab and it looks like I’ll be able to stall it out. UGH

Whiscash comes out and I hit it with a Precipice Blades. Takes it down easily.

Sealeo falls fairly easily to Poison Jabs from Tentacruel (surprisingly).

Seaking is the last Pokemon and makes itself annoying with Aqua Ring. It still falls to Poison Jabs, and that’s the battle.

8/8

Sorry that this took so long to get out, but I hope you enjoyed it! This was a super long update for me. Time for bed. :)

~Deino

deinosaur

Chapter 10: The Really Short Victory Road Update

The really short update.

Here I’ll be going from Sootopolis through Victory Road, so it won’t last very long. We’re saving the Pokemon League to be its own update.

I Dive up to Route 126 and begin my journey east to Victory Road.

Playing around :)

I start playing in some Dive pools, uncertain of what I’ll find.

I accidentally find some trainers down here (WHAT) and the battles look way cooler underwater.

Tons of random discoveries I guess

Now I actually head east and hit some trainers on the way to pick up some levels. I’ll need some mons in the mid 50s to take on the Elite Four, and currently I only have mons in the low 40s.

Sploosh Sploosh

Wish me luck :'(

I finally make it to Victory Road and it is a lot prettier than I remember it being in Gen 3. :)

Wow that's...wow

Oh yes, it’s time to get lost!

Fuck it's dark down here

I first am facing a Sigilyph (what the hell) that is already higher level than all of my Pokemon. This is gonna be a long ride. Night Slash takes it out and he sends out Rhyperior. I bought a lot of Potions that I can easily throw away if need be to switch. Tentacruel takes him out with a Surf.

The next trainer guards the ladder but only carries a Froslass. Sucker Punch. Goodbye.

I throw down a couple Repels to save time. I face a trainer with a Hitmontop which gets KOed by a Psycho Cut. Throh goes down after two as well.

WHERE AM I

Mawile from the next trainer tanks any attacks from Absol so I’m forced to switch to Groudon. (I have to remember to give him the orb ugh). Precipice Blades does its job by missing twice and then KOing.

A really cute duo comes after me but I have the perfect leads to take them. Primeape eats a Luster Purge and Musharna gets wrecked by a Night Slash.

I am the brains and Hulavuta is the brawn

I go outside and explore a little, but mostly I run into Wally. My old friend.

Daaaaaaang.

My long lost friend! (cough cough Stellar )

Time for Wally and his overleveled Pokemon to kick the shit out of me.

First comes Altaria.

Two Night Slashes spell death for her. Out comes Roselia and I think that I’ll stay in.

Critical hit Psycho Cut brings home the KO for me. My luck is great with Super Luck! Against Delcatty, I just go out to Tenta.

Poison Jab 3HKOes (seriously am I adamant Tenta??), so next up is Magneton. This is a classic Groudon play.

(Look I remembered the orb this time! )

Sturdy lets it take the hit from EQ but Tri Attack does nothing. Bye bye Magneton! For safety, I keep it in against Gallade.

I miss Precipice Blades (obviously) and he Swords Dances. Psycho Cut almost KOes me but a successful Precipice Blades ends the battle.

9/8

And we’re on to the Pokemon League.

That’s all for this update, hope you enjoyed. The exciting finale to the story will come next week! Will Deino be able to conquer the Pokemon League when his best Pokemon is level 47? Find out next Thursday! Thank you for reading and PLEASE leave some feedback. I love hearing from you guys.

Shameless plug, please feel free to check out the art thread I made to hold all of my MS paint drawings that you witnessed in an earlier update.

Love you guys and thanks for all the support,

~Deino

Nice update! I simply can't wait to see how well your underleveled squad will do against the E4! (let's hope Karxrida doesn't beat them too hard)

On another note, it would be nice to have an update on how many remaining "lives" each Pokemon has.

deinosaur

Let’s Play Pokemon Omega Ruby!

FINALE

Here we go to the Elite Four! I teach my Pokemon the TMs and grab a couple X Items. I am fully out of money.

Here we go.

Sidney is up first.

what the

He sends out Mightyena against my Absol.

I hit him hard with an X-Scissor, but he hits me with a Swagger. I push through the luck and try again. I connect again! Now my Absol is at +1 attack, which I certainly plan to take advantage of. Shifty comes out next.

He hits me with a Fake Out. He outspeeds and almost KOes me with a Leaf Blade. I then kill myself in confusion. I go to Skarmory. Fly takes a big chunk out of his HP, but a Full Restore brings it right back. He KOes me with another Faint Attack and I bring in Groudon. Probably should have done this sooner. Lava Plume ends him. In comes Sharpedo.

I take 50% with a Poison Jab but he KOes me with Crunch. Back into Groudon I guess. EQ finishes the job. Absol comes out next.

I KO it with Precipice Blades. I think we know who the MVP is. Here comes Cacturne.

Lava Plume ends him. Yikes.

Luckily, Phoebe has Ghost types. I should be okay with Absol.

Dusclops comes out. I should be okay.

I mega evolve and go right for Night Slash. He uses Curse and KOes himself. Wow. Here comes Sableye. I switch to Groudon.

I go for a Bulk Up and I’m hoping to sweep. He hits me with a Foul Play to remind me that it won’t happen. +1 Precipice Blades KOes though, so I’ll stay in.

I Bulk Up as he uses Grudge. I’m not a fan of losing PP, so I can wait. +3 Earthquake is a KO.

Same story for the second Banette. Dusknoir comes out, which could probably tank one of these.

Or not. That’s a KO. And a victory.

Against Glacia, my best chance is to go with Groudon. I hate it, but there’s not much else I can do.

She leads with Glalie.

Lava Plume does its job. This shouldn’t be too challenging.

Wow Walrein is fat. Lava Plume is a 4HKO as I get lucky dodging its Sheer Cold. Whew.

Froslass goes for Confuse Ray, but I get the hax and Lava Plume is an easy OHKO.

The next one falls just as easily. The last Glalie comes in.

It Protects, which sucks because it wastes PP. After the KO I only have 4 Lava Plumes left. But that is indeed a victory again. Time for Drake!

I think Drake uses Altaria first, so I’ll lead with Tentacruel.

He does in fact lead Altaria.

I land a Blizzard which almost KOes and he uses Aerial Ace. Poison Jab should pick up the KO. Flygon is up next. I don’t want to take an EQ, so I switch to Latios.

Dragon Breath is a 2HKO. (Thank goodness)

In come Salamence. I think I’ll try Blizzard from Tenta again just to see if I can land it.

He has Zen Headbutt. Bye Tenta. Time for Level 40 Skarm vs Level 55 Salamence. Nope. Thunder Fang is an easy 2HKO. I’ll try to burn it with Groudon. I think that’s my only chance. Neither Lava Plume burns and I have to heal again. Finally it dies to a third Lava Plume.

I stay in against Kingdra because it can’t hit me with water moves, so I feel safe. Precipice Blades does a butt ton and then he switches to Flygon (wtf)

Dragon Breath is an easy 2HKO. Kingdra falls to one as well. VICTORY.

It’s finally time. It’s time for the champion. The end of Omega Ruby.

I lead off Latios against his Skarmory.

I land a Thunder and it’s nearly a KO. He heals up but I land another. A Surf seals it. I stay in against Aggron.

Surf does about 60%, but he KOes me with Dragon Claw. I decide I want some Absol action. I Mega Evolve and finish the job with Night Slash. Armaldo comes out and I go to Tentacruel.

Surprisingly, Surf 2HKOes. I’m always pleasantly surprised with Tentacruel. I go out to Absol as Claydol comes in.

Night Slash does a huge chunk, but he puts up a Reflect. Even under Reflect it 3HKOes and I survive. I’m putting Tenta against Claydol this time.

Poison Jab does nothing, so Groudon will come in. Lava Plume + Precipice Blades KOes. Metagross is last.

It Mega Evolves. I could be in trouble. Luckily, Precipice Blades and Earthquake wins me the game. I win.

Finally.

A long and hard-earned dialogue ensues after the game and I feel a wave of relief. The credits roll.

That's the end of this Let's Play! Thank you for all the support and making this worth doing. Please let me know what game I should play next! I'd love to hear from you.

<3 u guys. Thanks for letting me do this. :)

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Nice to see one of these threads actually get to the conclusion and beat the Champion! So many of them fall by the wayside and never get completed.

Congrats on your win, even though I do frown upon you for abusing Groudon the way you did :P

Awesome update as always; I like how you won despite being underleveled. A great finale- wait what?

Whoa whoa whoa there! You used Absol's Night Slash and Groudon's Lava Plume and Precipice Blades in the battle vs. Steven! If I recall correctly from the rules...
lucariomaster2 - You may not use STAB moves against Steven.
So... yeah. But I'll forgive you if you continue through to the Delta Episode and name Rayquaza after me. :P

deinosaur

Yo just calm down I'm a terrible Pokemon trainer and this challenge kinda burnt me out having no money and throwing out items all the time. (I threw out some 30-40 items in the E4 alone)

I'll do better next time man

Awesome as always! As for next, delta episodes would be cool lucariomaster2 deserves rayquaza as you forgot his challenge c:

But whatever challenge/run/something that involves the community is cool! Something allong the lines of an egglocke would be cool, or you could rely on the community to trade you the Pokemon you can use ^^ I'm sure you'll come up with something cool!

deinosaur

Hey guys, just posting to say I've been really busy lately. I don't intend to stop playing Omega Ruby, so I'd love to hear ideas about what I should do next.

Should I keep playing Omega Ruby and play some postgame stuff? Or should I move on to another challenge? Let me know.

Thanks guys. I'm cutting my workload so I can get back to this! Your support means a lot.

Your run was awesome, and I'd love to see you continue through the Delta Episode! I can imagine how you would handle Zinnia's, um, 'philosophy'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)