Hidden OU (Final reveal pg. 17)

So a few of these new ones are OP:
Dark Aura Mega Houndoom: Dark pulse is gonna hurt really bad
Huge Power Ludicolo: ....
Regenrator Tentacreul: Welp now this guy has recovery... gg
Mold Breaker Landorus-T: EQ EVERYTHING
Swift Swim Garchomp: Could be interesting. Lack of water moves tho
Magnet Pull Metagross: Better Magnezone pretty much
Skill Link Mamonswine: Losing Thick Fat sucks, but Icicle Spear could be really powerful

And unfortunate stuff:
Blaziken/Mega: No moar speed boost... oh well
MGengar: Shadow Tag was the OP thing about it
MMeatgross: Tough Claws is way better

Probabaly a few i missed but theres some intresting stuff i found

(also after reading the latest pages thanks for giving Hydreigon a useless HA... Wonder Guard would have been way better just saying)

Last edited:
Reactions: EV
sucker drain punch is a legit set, it got use in UU for a bit, so check that code, that could also be causing the issue with drizzledos with defog and whatnot

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
It's probably because it's a hidden ability, if so then leave that there, as that's how the gen incompatibilities would work in game.

No defog drizzledos? no event mew moves? That seriously shits on viability of a lot of these. Also since these are "released" for a lot of these (dos and mew included) they could theoretically be released with a set of 4 moves as an "event" mon, if you wanted to preserve viability (or balance protean mew)

So a few of these new ones are OP:
Dark Aura Mega Houndoom: Dark pulse is gonna hurt really bad
Huge Power Ludicolo: ....
Regenrator Tentacreul: Welp now this guy has recovery... gg
Mold Breaker Landorus-T: EQ EVERYTHING
Swift Swim Garchomp: Could be interesting. Lack of water moves tho
Magnet Pull Metagross: Better Magnezone pretty much
Skill Link Mamonswine: Losing Thick Fat sucks, but Icicle Spear could be really powerful

And unfortunate stuff:
Blaziken/Mega: No moar speed boost... oh well
MGengar: Shadow Tag was the OP thing about it
MMeatgross: Tough Claws is way better

Probabaly a few i missed but theres some intresting stuff i found
Gets Aqua Tail and i guess HP Water but why would you use hidden power

Sucker Punch is a Gen IV Tutor move, and Drain Punch is a ORAS Tutor move, so assuming the Protean event Mew doesn't have Sucker Punch and is an ORAS event, Sucker Punch + Protean is illegal. Shame.

Sucker Punch is a Gen IV Tutor move, and Drain Punch is a ORAS Tutor move, so assuming the Protean event Mew doesn't have Sucker Punch and is an ORAS event, Sucker Punch + Protean is illegal. Shame.
Worse than that even, it doesn't matter what Gen Protean Mew is from, Hidden Abilities were introduced in Gen 5 and Sucker Punch tutor is from Gen 4.

EV

Banned deucer.
It's probably because it's a hidden ability, if so then leave that there, as that's how the gen incompatibilities would work in game.
Worse than that even, it doesn't matter what Gen Protean Mew is from, Hidden Abilities were introduced in Gen 5 and Sucker Punch tutor is from Gen 4.
I'm actually ok with the incompatibility with tutors and HAs. I think adding the restrictions makes it more realistic and also curbs a few OP Pokemon (Mew.)

Mew can learn these moves only when obtained from:
  • any generation before 5

Mew got drain+sucker before, it just won't have them with HA apparently, though drain punch is okay though still via tutor.

at first i was upset with mega sceptile then i realized it hidden power got buffed and so did it's dragon stab(dragons breath 30 percent chance to paralyze and base 90 power)
the metagross nerf was a little harsh though you could of given it something of competitive value it has no niche over it's non mega evolved form now why would you use it over normal metagross?

Mega-pidgeot getting gale wings. It's not a bad ability but in my opinion it was better spamming hurricanes.
Mega-Sableye analytic. That guy is slow anyway should help him a bit.
ferrothorn heatproof. Well he is going to be a major problem.
mega-slowbro simple. R.I.P Uber tier
Typhlosion poison point. Eh?

And that's my random list of opinions

Mega-pidgeot getting gale wings. It's not a bad ability but in my opinion it was better spamming hurricanes.
Well, remember it does get Defog, Fetaher dance, roost, as well as brave bird, air slash and has 121 base speed after mega-evolving, so it outspeeds base 120 mons with its priority flying types.

I think this will be kinda cool to see. Play mind games with someone and have them guess either IB or HP as its ability.

I actually think Heatproof Ferrothorn won't be particularly great. Remember that Heatproof only cuts damage in half, so Fire moves will still be super effective (2x). I guess halved burn damage is nice, but that doesn't seem very significant for Ferro.

Iron Barbs might still be preferred in a lot of cases due to the irritating passive damage.

At least slobro doesn't get stored power
but yeah if game freak had wanted to break a mon simple megabro might of been one of thier best options
but they could break other things too say arilate Dragonite or something else crazy like a contrary dragon
i'm intested to see what becomes of Salemence maybe galewings or Strong Jaw(it comes with a Dragon fang)
why would you run iron barbs on a ferothorn when you can reduce a nasty four times weakness?

wonder what GF is gonna give hydreigon ;)

and also, sure simple mega bro is pretty darn good, but we're forgetting something. without shell armour, it can be critted. i get relying on crits is bad and all, but it certainly hinders it for crits to be a weakness, not just a nuisance.

EV

Banned deucer.
I think this will be kinda cool to see. Play mind games with someone and have them guess either IB or HP as its ability.
I actually think Heatproof Ferrothorn won't be particularly great. Remember that Heatproof only cuts damage in half, so Fire moves will still be super effective (2x). I guess halved burn damage is nice, but that doesn't seem very significant for Ferro.

Iron Barbs might still be preferred in a lot of cases due to the irritating passive damage.
why would you run iron barbs on a ferothorn when you can reduce a nasty four times weakness?
*Forretress

Ferrothorn hasn't been released yet.

You're a little late to the game there, pal.

My question is, if hidden abilities are supposed to change with every generation, why didn't they change from generation 5 to generation 6? Even if they are coded in the game as of now, I don't think they would be used for ORAS because many of the megas were just recently released. Also, if they planned on changing HAs for gen 7, why would they code them in the game for gen 6? A lot of this just doesn't add up to me, along with unfitting abilities such as iron barbs Jolteon which is clearly not made of metal, fur coat Dewgong which does not have fur, and mega launcher Lucario which clearly does not have a launcher anywhere on its body.

My question is, if hidden abilities are supposed to change with every generation, why didn't they change from generation 5 to generation 6? Even if they are coded in the game as of now, I don't think they would be used for ORAS because many of the megas were just recently released. Also, if they planned on changing HAs for gen 7, why would they code them in the game for gen 6? A lot of this just doesn't add up to me, along with unfitting abilities such as iron barbs Jolteon which is clearly not made of metal, fur coat Dewgong which does not have fur, and mega launcher Lucario which clearly does not have a launcher anywhere on its body.
Again, you're a little late to the game there. there's a bit of a hint in the OP that should be enough to explain things.

EV

Banned deucer.
Seals have fur bro.

This is a pet mod, hence its placement in the pet mod subforum of other metagames. It's filled with customized changes based on the premise, "What if GF changed the HAs each generation?"

Seals have fur bro.

This is a pet mod, hence its placement in the pet mod subforum of other metagames. It's filled with customized changes based on the premise, "What if GF changed the HAs each generation?"

Okay now I'm really confused... Is this just a 'What if' thread, or is it supposed to be legitimate?

EV

Banned deucer.
Okay now I'm really confused... Is this just a 'What if' thread, or is it supposed to be legitimate?
The current changes are coded and playable on Joim's server. It is a real metagame and will eventually have new abilities for every Pokemon. (Except Arceus and the primals.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)