Media Metalheads Thread III

http://www.sputnikmusic.com/news/33320/Grohl-Taylor-supergroup-signed-/

"Teenage Time Killer, a supergroup spearheaded by Corrosion Of Conformity members Reed Mullin and Mike Dean, has signed with Rise Records. The band has finished recording their debut album, tracked at Dave Grohl's Studio 606, with an expected release in 2015. The band includes Grohl (Nirvana, Foo Fighters), Corey Taylor (Slipknot, Stone Sour), Keith Morris (Black Flag, Circle Jerks), Nick Oliveri (Queens Of The Stone Age, Kyuss), Jello Biafra (Dead Kennedys), Randy Blythe (Lamb Of God), Max Cavalera (Sepultura, Soulfly), Neil Fallon (Clutch), as well as members of Sunn O))), The Misfits, Red Fang, Prong, My Ruin, Goatsnake, Brujeria, Articles Of Faith, Sacred Reich, and Municipal Waste."

I have literally no idea what to make of this massive list of members.

Priest CDs.jpg

Despite having every studio release on original 1st pressed CDs. (U.S. ), I'm probably gonna order that box set next week just so I can have those versions of Rocka Rolla and Sad Wings of Destiny. Apparently for Sad Wings of Destiny, the issue of The Ripper being louder than every other song and the rest being kinda low was fixed, plus, Rocka Rolla and Sad Wings of Destiny were remastered by a different person than the guy who did the 2001 Remasters of Priest's catalog.

I mean I know I commented on this before, but I need to reiterate how fucking amazing this band is. HOLY FUCKING SHIT, YESSSSSSSSS!
I just couldn't get past the vocals man. Generally if a band has some folky melodic riffs I'm totally in, but sometimes the vocals just push them into unlistenable categories.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
>Not enjoying classic Mongolian throat-singing

MAAAAAAAAN... LISTEN TO THIS SHIT THO:

THAT UPPER RANGE THROAT WHISTLE AT 0:35... FUUUUUUUUUUCCCCKKKKKKK

>Not enjoying classic Mongolian throat-singing

MAAAAAAAAN... LISTEN TO THIS SHIT THO:

THAT UPPER RANGE THROAT WHISTLE AT 0:35... FUUUUUUUUUUCCCCKKKKKKK
Haha. Glad you like it man. Have you heard of them before I posted it? They should be WAY more known than they are.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Nah I had never heard of them before, but I have listened to them non-stop since. They're fucking fantastic.

reviews to follow in the next couple weeks hopefully:

01 Woman is the Earth: Depths
02 Arcana Coelestia: Nomas
03 The Great Old Ones: Tekeli-Li
04 Relic Point: XIVI
05 Earth and Pillars: Earth I
06 Blut Aus Nord: Memoria Vetusta III: Saturnian Poetry
07 Ego Depths: Oligoria Blodd
08 Saor: Aura
09 Darkspace: Darkspace III.I
10 Sguaguarahchristis: Der Nacht

10. at the gates - at war with reality
9. gridlink - longhena
8. dead congregation - promulgation of the fall
7. autopsy - tourniquets, hacksaws and graves
6. mastodon - once more 'round the sun
5. overkill - white devil armory
4. darkspace - dark space III I
3. bloodbath - grand morbid funeral
2. insomnium - shadows of the dying sun
1. goatwhore - constricting rage of the merciless

listening to bloodshot dawn's demons right now, just love finding new stuff (new to me at least) like this. give it a listen, it's fucking powerful

Last edited:
musically the new Periphery album is solid as ever, but the whiny baby vocals have reached their critical mass for me.

they ruin everything and i am mad about it.

lol damn that bad? and no plans for an instrumental version like the debut?

in other news, vio-lence's eternal nightmare fucking rules

edit: so does the new napalm death, holy shit

Last edited:
musically the new Periphery album is solid as ever, but the whiny baby vocals have reached their critical mass for me.

they ruin everything and i am mad about it.
i have to agree with you sometimes but overall i really like what they've done, it's just great to listen to something different every now and then. i especially like vocals on the track "heavy heart", it just fits so well with the mood created by the instruments..

also really liking within the ruin's phenomena right now

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Vocals on Periphery have always been the weak point, it was tolerable on the first album, but after that I just end up with a headache. I think in general "djent" bands usually end up with vocals being the weak link, that, and trying to be as technical as possible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)