Most nerdy things you have done?

Said 'bump' in a conversation to get someone to answer my question.
I was able to name more pokemon than a counselor at a video game level design summer camp.

I remember writing extremely labored and detailed character sheets for a discontinued fanfic I was writing based on the Naruto-verse.

I rummaged through Japanese dictionaries online for piecing together the perfect names for my characters. And you'd think my すごい naming skills only extended to humans...no, puddin' pie. I also went through the same painful process for the original jutsus and fictional settings I made. As you can see, I really went to town with these stuff. I mean...I visited astrology sites and examined analyses of star signs to designate a symbolic birth date for my OC's; I made it sure that it is complimentary to their personalities and relevant to their story lines!

With this degree of research and my keenness for perfection, most of my OC's ended up to be a bunch Gary Stu's and Mary Sue's lol.

It was a cringeworthy (...but precious!) phase in my life.

Once I learned that the original Eon Ticket was a physical thing that you scanned, I spent over $60 on the card and an e-Reader just to use it once.

I'm a marathon runner. I'm also a tall and solid boned guy, so when I'm at m peak physical conditioning I'm roughly 165-175 pounds. When I first got into the gaming series "Dark Souls" I played both games for 3 months straight, 17 hours a day and basically never left the house. I got all xbox achievments on both games though. Did I mention I put on 50 pounds and I'm training my hardest to get back to a point of being able to re-train for running events?

Hahaha. I don't really regret it, it was fun and I'll lose the weight again, but c'mon.... 50 pounds for Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2 has some nerd credit I hope.

Well, I used to be obsessed with online RPing and dedicated about 4 years to it. Even had my own guild for an elaborate RP. I also play DnD with a group of friends, since I'm playing a Druid, I went out and bought an authentic leather notebook to write my spells in. I also used to go around pretending I was Pokemon, Digimon and Yu-Gi-Oh! characters, but I think a lot of kids played some sort of pretend. I'm also incredibly into the Elder Scrolls series and actually study the lore of it and read all the books in the game. Every new character I make (in any RPG) has to have a very well thought out back story. I also play Heroclix and a bunch of other table top games, only a matter of time before I get into Warhammer Fantasy as well.

That's a few of the nerdiest things I've done.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'm also incredibly into the Elder Scrolls series and actually study the lore of it and read all the books in the game. Every new character I make (in any RPG) has to have a very well thought out back story. I also play Heroclix and a bunch of other table top games, only a matter of time before I get into Warhammer Fantasy as well.
'even though I don't do it, I like to think that that's the way those kind of games are supposed to be played. they're not called "role playing games" for nothing.

Last edited:

BenTheDemon

Banned deucer.
I used to be able to recite the entire Gen 2 Pokedex in order. Bulbasaur through Celebi. Not the regional order.

Carry around a small Squirtle backpack as a dipper bag.

And my son loves to walk around with it on his back when were out at the stores shopping.

The Complete Albums Collection.jpg

Buy this....just so I can have Rocka Rolla and Sad Wings of Destiny (the first two Judas Priest albums), since, this box set is the first time those specific albums have seen authorized CD reissues approved by the band themselves.

Memorized the Haru Haru Yukai,

Created 5 fictional League of Legends Champions with stats, abilities, lore which are as in depth if not more so then the actual champions, working on a sixth one,

Not sure if this counts as nerdy but in my Primary School we had a chicken pen and for a while the only popular kids were the ones which knew how to interact and raise chickens and the indepth facts about all of them so 9 year old me went home and memorized over 490 different breeds of chickens, their different qualities, their history and how to raise them in one night. Needless to say I got chicken pen maintenance rights after that.

Memorized the whole Queen Mab speech from Romeo and Juliet in 1 and a half hours (double period of English and I wanted to challenge myself)

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Oh, we're doing nerdy collections?

Worst thing is - this is my Donald Duck comic collection some seven or eight years back. It has grown by at least 50 % since then, though it's not all in one place. I'll see if I can get a better picture once I move all of it to my own place one day.

Besides playing Pokemon? Guess it would be that I still build Lego sets, got that Simpsons one just waiting for me to have some free time to build it...

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
Well, I used to have an entire bookshelf filled with dinosaur books when I was a kid, then car books, then bug books, then other animal books, and now back to cars. :/

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I remember writing extremely labored and detailed character sheets for a discontinued fanfic I was writing based on the Naruto-verse.

I rummaged through Japanese dictionaries online for piecing together the perfect names for my characters. And you'd think my すごい naming skills only extended to humans...no, puddin' pie. I also went through the same painful process for the original jutsus and fictional settings I made. As you can see, I really went to town with these stuff. I mean...I visited astrology sites and examined analyses of star signs to designate a symbolic birth date for my OC's; I made it sure that it is complimentary to their personalities and relevant to their story lines!

With this degree of research and my keenness for perfection, most of my OC's ended up to be a bunch Gary Stu's and Mary Sue's lol.

It was a cringeworthy (...but precious!) phase in my life.
Having never read/viewed/interacted with anime/magna/Japanese media culture in general, is this a common thing, because I've never heard of it used specifically for a media production?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)