SPOILERS! Mysteries and Conspiracies of Pokemon

I have an idea of this timeline but it assumes that the chronology is left unchanged from the dimensional hop.

Right now we know that the Original RSE games were concurrent with the Gen 1 games, and that ORAS took place a decade before XY. I shall be usoing that as a baseline and refer to Gen III+ORAS as Year 1 (and XY as Year 10)

XY is be concurrent with B2W2 right? if so, than both took place 3 years after BW. At the other end of the timeline, GSEHGSS and DPPt are both concurrent with each other with confirmation that the former takes place after Gen 1 and Gen 3 (and by extension, ORAS).

So the Chronology would go:
  1. Kanto (RBGY and FRLG) and Hoenn's (RSE and ORAS) events are at the beginning
  2. Johto (GSC and HGSS) and Sinnoh's (DPPt) events happen 3 years later
  3. The first half of Unova's (BW) events occur 5 years later.
  4. And then the 2nd half of Unova's (B2W2) event as well as Kalos' (XY) events happen 2 years later
Is this right or am I missing something (besides the possibility that Gens I-V's timeline are no longer canon)? Interestingly this means that the entire generation plays into the Alpha-Omega symbolism, one pair taking place that the beginning, the other taking place at the end.

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I have an idea of this timeline but it assumes that the chronology is left unchanged from the dimensional hop.

Right now we know that the Original RSE games were concurrent with the Gen 1 games, and that ORAS took place a decade before XY. I shall be usoing that as a baseline and refer to Gen III+ORAS as Year 1 (and XY as Year 10)

XY is be concurrent with B2W2 right? if so, than both took place 3 years after BW. At the other end of the timeline, GSEHGSS and DPPt are both concurrent with each other with confirmation that the former takes place after Gen 1 and Gen 3 (and by extension, ORAS).

So the Chronology would go:
  1. Kanto (RBGY and FRLG) and Hoenn's (RSE and ORAS) events are at the beginning
  2. Johto (GSC and HGSS) and Sinnoh's (DPPt) events happen 3 years later
  3. The first half of Unova's (BW) events occur 4 years later.
  4. And then the 2nd half of Unova's (B2W2) event as well as Kalos' (XY) events happen 3 years later
Is this right or am I missing something (besides the possibility that Gens I-V's timeline are no longer canon)? Interestingly this meaning that the entire generation plays into the Alpha-Omega symbolism, one pair taking place that the beginning, the other taking place at the end.
Yup, that's the timeline except:

1. We don't know how long is was between Gen IV and Gen V.
2. It was two years between BW and B2W2XY.

Yup, that's the timeline except:

1. We don't know how long is was between Gen IV and Gen V.
2. It was two years between BW and B2W2XY.
I fixed the 2 year part. I answered that question with the available info:
  • XY took place a decade after the original games and is concurrent with B2W2
  • DPPt is concurrence with Gen 2 and Gen 2 was confirmed to took place 3 years after the beginning, meaning that Gen IV also took place in that time-frame
  • ORAS is a remake of RS and therefore should be concurrent with Gen 1.
I took the placement of XY (10 years) and the relative timefreame inbetween XY and Gen 5 (2-3 years) and compared to the other games relative to each other (Gens 1 and 3 are 3 years before gens 2 and 4) ergo there are 5 years between Gen 4 and gen 5 (or 4 years if you account for the Kanto trip in Gen 2 and HGSS taking another year)

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
  • DPPt is concurrence with Gen 2 and Gen 2 was confirmed to took place 3 years after the beginning, meaning that Gen IV also took place in that time-frame
I took the placement of XY (10 years) and the relative timefreame inbetween XY and Gen 5 (2-3 years) and compared to the other games relative to each other (Gens 1 and 3 are 3 years before gens 2 and 4) ergo there are 5 years between Gen 4 and gen 5 (or 4 years if you account for the Kanto trip in Gen 2 and HGSS taking another year)
Where was it said XY took place a decade after Gen I/III?

We can extend this to basically every non-native postgame legendary ever (birds in Sinnoh and Kalos, Lati@s in Johto, etc.). I think BW2 takes this to the most ridiculous extreme, though: you have all of Registeel, Regirock, Regice, Regigigas, Lati@s, Mesprit, Azelf, Uxie, Cresselia, and Heatran congregated in Unova at the same time. Did they all just sneak onboard the private jet holding the gym leaders and champions attending the PWT? (At least legendaries can't breed, or else Unova would have a much more serious invasive species problem.)
But Mewtwo is a genetically created Pokemon, which by all means should probably be sterile (unless Team Rocket's scientists were told that Mewtwo was NOT to be sterile).
The Regis being able to breed is questionable, since there are Pokedex entries that I believe hint at them being artificial in nature (and hence being called the Legendary Golems), and even Mesprit, Azelf, and Uxie might very well be questionable, but there is nothing to suggest that the Legendary Birds, Latias, Cresselia, and Heatran can't breed, and unless we are to assume they are immortal (which I'm not going to discount the possibility of), without a breeding population, extinction would be inevitable.
Hell, the latter even has both genders-they just won't bred in captivity!

Not sure if this fits the topic, but I got a feeling the spirit of Pokemon got shifted a bit(for better, for worse?)...I noticed a lot of the focus on the Pokemon shifted a bit more towards the human sides. This is even reflected in the anime...I remember watching the anime long, long ago not because of the humans but rather how the pokemon interacted (that's why for example most people have shown a lot of sympathy towards Brendan's Treecko in the Special Anime trailer because of its movement and how adorable it was)

Now the story gets spiced up a lot with human activity, and that's turns the game into something more relatable somehow...maybe as an adult, it also makes it more interesting?

A prime example would be Looker, which, due to his common appearance and role in the games made him quite popular among the fans, especially providing some sort of weird connection theory for the first games (SS Anne theory, the police man in the cabinet is Looker, SS Anne sinking, Memory loss in ORAS)

What I am trying to say is, if Z happens, I will expect even more human relationsship to unfold, combined with obvious storytelling. It seems that a lot, including me, enjoy the little dialog from the people around there world...another example would be the awesome girl biker near Mauville City, or Mr. Bonding ...

tl; dr: I am pretty sure concentrating on the human dialogue will give us a lot of theory to talk about, especially in even newer gens or versions

I don't think the XY being a decade after RGBY is confirmed, but it is the most likely thing, since a TR grunt in Johto says he's moving back to his region of origin (Unova), and in Black and White, he's living in Icirrus City. He's living there with his wife and son, and then tells us that he left Team Rocket to start up a branch in Unova, but soon after arriving, he met his wife and fell in love. Since his son seems to have a preschooler sprite, that puts his age around 3 or 4, which would seemingly confirm the timeline being ten years long. But yeah RBY/LGFR = RSE/ORAS --- 3 years ---> DPPt = GSC/HGSS ------> BW --- 2 years ---> B2W2 = XY

The only thing I can think of is that incense must be radioactive or have some other properties that disturb organic molecular structures. Maybe most pokemon are immune to these forces, but a select few get affected by them and this causes mutations in their offspring. Each incense must give off different forms of radiation that only reacts to certain pokemon, and those certain pokemon produce baby pokemon. I have exactly 0 in game back up for this, so it's just speculation from a scientific view that could be plausible.
I find it highly unlikely that it is radiation, because aren't usually mutations caused by radiation more harmful than good?

I'm almost tempted to think that maybe we are seeing some sort of living fossils of the ancestors of these modern Pokemon. Perhaps the fragrances or herbs somehow trigger archaic genetic material leftover from these earlier forms when inhaled by the female while breeding, resulting in these "baby Pokemon".
Obviously, these baby forms are no longer as common, because from a survival standpoint, the babies that hatch straight into their second forms were more likely to survive and breed than those that didn't.
Some of these "baby Pokemon" still apparently thrive in some regions for some reason, while they are all but extinct in others.

Siggu also suggests that they might have been genetically engineered over time like we've done with different breeds in real life, somehow using these incenses, though with these baby forms in the wild, we are forced to come to the conclusion that this means these wild baby Pokemon are "mutts" that have survived in the wild. Either that, or they originated in the wild, and humans eventually bothered to find out the different conditions that make them, thus making it possible to breed them in captivity.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
But Mewtwo is a genetically created Pokemon, which by all means should probably be sterile (unless Team Rocket's scientists were told that Mewtwo was NOT to be sterile).
The Regis being able to breed is questionable, since there are Pokedex entries that I believe hint at them being artificial in nature (and hence being called the Legendary Golems), and even Mesprit, Azelf, and Uxie might very well be questionable, but there is nothing to suggest that the Legendary Birds, Latias, Cresselia, and Heatran can't breed, and unless we are to assume they are immortal (which I'm not going to discount the possibility of), without a breeding population, extinction would be inevitable.
Hell, the latter even has both genders-they just won't bred in captivity!
First to answer how so many Legendary Pokemon appear all over the place: they're Legendary Pokemon, they can do whatever they want. Okay, okay, if you want I could probably muster up some explanation for the Legendaries in BW2:

Regigigias & Golem Trio: If the legends about Regigigas moving around continents has some credibility, then I don't think that's a job for just one Regigigas. If you'll let me theorize, being its a golem, maybe it was created by ancient people to help them mold the landscape. The Golem Trio are merely keys to control Regigigas (and possibly help it in landscaping as they do represent structural elements: rock, ice, and steel). When there's a case of multiple Golem Trio for one Regigigas, well, I'm sure you have a few spare of keys, right?
Eon Duo/Lati@s: I can imagine these particular pair (or possibly more?) visit/cross through Unova as part of their natural migration route.
Lake Guardians: A bit tougher, but much like its possible ancient people kept extra Golem Trio around I wouldn't say it wouldn't be that farfetched if Arceus placed extra Lake Guardians. Why? Well originally they were made to give people willpower, emotions, and knowledge and that's a huge job for one group of Lake Guardians to do. So it created multiples and placed them around the world for them to do their thing. As for why they stayed once they did? Well that comes up with a whole batch of theories itself. Maybe they're maintaining people and Pokemon having willpower, emotions, and knowledge? Maybe they're observing what we're doing with these gifts? Whatever the reason, I think that explains why they're in Unova despite originating in Sinnoh.
Cresselia: Cresselia was actually summoned via the Lunar Wing. The ghost girl's father got the Lunar Wing to try and wake her up from Darkrai's nightmare but sadly it was too late. So Unova probably isn't Cresselia's homeland, it just traveled there because it got the call from the Lunar Wing.
Heatran: Heatran seem to appear in places that's deep underground or deep inside a mountain, a place where a lot of pressure would be needed to create. I always imagined Heatran represented a planetary core or from the time when the planet was being formed and everything was superheated rock, magma, and supplementary elements such as iron (pushed together by pressure). So Heatran is probably just a native to the Unova region. That or one could say that the Heatran live deeper down, near to the Pokemon planet's core, and that they have easy access to the places they appear and go there because receive a "call" from the Magma Stone.

Over to JES's discussion about Legendary fertility:

Mewtwo & Golem Trio + Regigigas: Artificially created so probably can't breed. For Mewtwo it seems like multiples do exist (it was actually never stated in the games that Team Rocket created it, so it's possible it was a well kept secret project that multiple labs did and each Mewtwo escaped because man tried to played Arceus and that never turns out good). Actually, there are some instances of ANCIENT Mewtwo so it could very well be possible some Mewtwos are maybe naturally mutated Mews (remember its believed every Pokemon had evolved from a Mew ancestor, so maybe it's possible that in modern times some Mews that didn't evolve into a different species had this evolution gene activate for some reason but since the environment does not need a new species it causes a mutation that instead enhances the Mew's capabilities and turn it into a Mewtwo). As for the Golem Trio and Regigigas, I already told you my theory on them. No need to have them be able to breed since they're essentially immortal. I'd imagine Mew and Mewtwos having long lives but not immortal, or maybe Mews are immortal (incase a new species of Pokemon is needed there's a Mew that can evolve to fit what is needed) but when they mutate into Mewtwo they gain a lifespan (and the Mewtwos who are created naturally have a life span).
Lake Guardians: Immortal as they were created from Arceus with a certain major purpose and job.
Winged Mirages, Eon Duo, Cresselia, & Heatran: Long lived, but I wouldn't say immortal. We've actually seen eggs for the Winged Mirages so we know they can breed (though it doesn't seem they're able to do so in captivity). Eon Duo we know there's a population of them, though we don't know their breeding habits. Heatran have genders and probably breed in places deep inside the planet that no man can go and witness. Finally Cresselia I see sort of having a mystical origin, like maybe they just come into existence from the collective energy generated from dreams (maybe even at the same time as a Darkrai). And before you say that's farfetched I point you to Munna and Musharna, in the Pokemon World apparently dreams are indeed a sort of energy.

Not sure if this fits the topic, but I got a feeling the spirit of Pokemon got shifted a bit(for better, for worse?)...I noticed a lot of the focus on the Pokemon shifted a bit more towards the human sides. This is even reflected in the anime...I remember watching the anime long, long ago not because of the humans but rather how the pokemon interacted (that's why for example most people have shown a lot of sympathy towards Brendan's Treecko in the Special Anime trailer because of its movement and how adorable it was)

Now the story gets spiced up a lot with human activity, and that's turns the game into something more relatable somehow...maybe as an adult, it also makes it more interesting?

A prime example would be Looker, which, due to his common appearance and role in the games made him quite popular among the fans, especially providing some sort of weird connection theory for the first games (SS Anne theory, the police man in the cabinet is Looker, SS Anne sinking, Memory loss in ORAS)

What I am trying to say is, if Z happens, I will expect even more human relationsship to unfold, combined with obvious storytelling. It seems that a lot, including me, enjoy the little dialog from the people around there world...another example would be the awesome girl biker near Mauville City, or Mr. Bonding ...

tl; dr: I am pretty sure concentrating on the human dialogue will give us a lot of theory to talk about, especially in even newer gens or versions
There's only so much you can do with creatures who basic nature are animalistic. Pokemon seem to be "in tuned with nature" thus anything they do is natural and isn't setting anything off balance. So the story needs people to stir things up and add in layers of depth. Humans have needs, wants, desires and they act in ways to accomplish them. This leads to interesting stories.

As for the Pokemon acting more human, indeed that's a shift but I always saw Pokemon are being as intelligent as people but, while humans chose to rely on their intellect, Pokemon chose to stick with their instinctual routes thus act more like animals. However prolonged exposure to humans do have effect on Pokemon's behavior, especially those owned by trainers who may adapt some habits from their master. Of course all this depends on the adaption, Brendan's Treecko in the ORAS trailer does act more like an animal then say Ash's Pikachu, though at the same time I can see some "human" traits to it.

Who knows what they have planned for Z/XY2. If I would be allowed to guess, I'd say I wouldn't be surprised that Lysandre's messing around with the Yveltal/Xerneas caused some disturbance in the natural order and Zygarde now needs to fix it. But in what way would it be presented? A remake like typical third versions before Gen V? A sequel game like BW2? And that's even if that's what the story is going to be about. We'll just have to wait and see on that one. As for what human element can be involved, well, aside from Xerosic the other Flare scientists were never caught (and Malva got off scot-free and she sounds like she stil perfectly believes in Team Flare's plans). Another speculation, maybe instead of Zygarde being used to restore balance what if the remnants of Team Flare maybe will try to use it to create a NEW world order? Who knows, though one final thought on this subject: what happened to Lysandre? Sure, we presumed he got buried under rubble, but did we ever find a body? And being he was directly exposed to the light of the Ultimate Weapon wouldn't that mean he's immortal? Hmm...

I don't think the XY being a decade after RGBY is confirmed, but it is the most likely thing, since a TR grunt in Johto says he's moving back to his region of origin (Unova), and in Black and White, he's living in Icirrus City. He's living there with his wife and son, and then tells us that he left Team Rocket to start up a branch in Unova, but soon after arriving, he met his wife and fell in love. Since his son seems to have a preschooler sprite, that puts his age around 3 or 4, which would seemingly confirm the timeline being ten years long. But yeah RBY/LGFR = RSE/ORAS --- 3 years ---> DPPt = GSC/HGSS ------> BW --- 2 years ---> B2W2 = XY
And let's not forget about Caitlin who had visibly aged between when we saw her as head of the Battle Palace in Gen IV and member of the Unova Elite Four in Gen V:

(Yes, this is not an official piece of artwork, but I think it's fairly accurate of what artwork and sprite we've seen of her)

I'm not saying the prediction of 4/5 years inbetween in wrong, it sounds about right, I'm just saying we have no confirmation. And let's not even get started with the Pokemon World Tournament's age inaccuracies...

I find it highly unlikely that it is radiation, because aren't usually mutations caused by radiation more harmful than good?

I'm almost tempted to think that maybe we are seeing some sort of living fossils of the ancestors of these modern Pokemon. Perhaps the fragrances or herbs somehow trigger archaic genetic material leftover from these earlier forms when inhaled by the female while breeding, resulting in these "baby Pokemon".
Obviously, these baby forms are no longer as common, because from a survival standpoint, the babies that hatch straight into their second forms were more likely to survive and breed than those that didn't.
Some of these "baby Pokemon" still apparently thrive in some regions for some reason, while they are all but extinct in others.

Siggu also suggests that they might have been genetically engineered over time like we've done with different breeds in real life, somehow using these incenses, though with these baby forms in the wild, we are forced to come to the conclusion that this means these wild baby Pokemon are "mutts" that have survived in the wild. Either that, or they originated in the wild, and humans eventually bothered to find out the different conditions that make them, thus making it possible to breed them in captivity.
I would say these Baby Pokemon needed from incenses are mutations, but of a chemically induced kind instead of radiation. The herbs and the fragrance they released caused some genetic triggers to go off that had caused the offspring to stop maturing within the Egg at some point thus allowing us access to a "per-evovled" stage of that Pokemon species.

As for how they can be found in the wild, that could be triggered from other things. It's stressful in the wild and in some situations it could be better for survival if the Pokemon hatched early so that it could start defending itself rather then waiting to fully mature in the Egg thus be vulnerable for that entire time. As JES said, trainers from foreign region see these per-evolved forms of Pokemon and wonder how come they can't hatch that Pokemon normally, so people found a way to trigger it artificially with incenses.

Actually, there are some instances of ANCIENT Mewtwo
Wait, what? Where did this come from?

On Legendaries and breeding, I think it is just that they don't breed in captivity (with a few being far beyond normal Pokémon and simply immortal, like Arceus, Dialga, Palkia, etc.). Even the genderless ones might breed with Ditto in the wild or are hermaphrodites as far as we know.

This leads me to another mystery: how do other unbreedable Pokémon reproduce?
When it comes to Legendary Pokémon, it is likely a refusal to breed in captivity, but what about Ditto and Unown, neither of which can hatch from eggs. Ditto likely reproduces asexually, similar to single-cell organisms. Unown is the real mystery. I do have a theory, though. What if Unown are created by the written word? What if every time someone writes a letter (or the two punctuation marks), that particular Unown is created? That would be interesting.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!

On Legendaries and breeding, I think it is just that they don't breed in captivity (with a few being far beyond normal Pokémon and simply immortal, like Arceus, Dialga, Palkia, etc.). Even the genderless ones might breed with Ditto in the wild or are hermaphrodites as far as we know.

When it comes to Legendary Pokémon, it is likely a refusal to breed in captivity, but what about Ditto and Unown, neither of which can hatch from eggs. Ditto likely reproduces asexually, similar to single-cell organisms. Unown is the real mystery. I do have a theory, though. What if Unown are created by the written word? What if every time someone writes a letter (or the two punctuation marks), that particular Unown is created? That would be interesting.
Two instances of ancient Mewtwos:

1. Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs. Inside the Sky Fortress there was a Mewtwo in a deep sleep tank which was implied having been there before the villains of the game got to it.
2. In Pokemon Conquest there's a Mewtwo.

As for how do Unown breed, I too believe they are born in a mystical way related to written words, however they aren't born here but rather in their dimension and then they cross over to the dimension the Pokemon games take place in.

Given how many written letters there are, we must inevitably be talking about a population numbering into at least the billions, and this is probably taking into consideration Unowns that get old and die. And if we were to include typed letters, we're talking about trillions.
Of course, they are in their own dimension, so we probably only ever see a fraction of their total population.

Two instances of ancient Mewtwos:

1. Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs. Inside the Sky Fortress there was a Mewtwo in a deep sleep tank which was implied having been there before the villains of the game got to it.
2. In Pokemon Conquest there's a Mewtwo.

As for how do Unown breed, I too believe they are born in a mystical way related to written words, however they aren't born here but rather in their dimension and then they cross over to the dimension the Pokemon games take place in.
Ranger and conquest plots are not entirely written by the GF staff. Conquest is a mash-up it doesn't count at all, as of Ranger I should search for who did the storyboarding and the revising before claiming it Cannon to the main franchise. As I remember people thinking the dungeon series foresaw certain new elements without realizing the freedom SC had on the creative department.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Ranger and conquest plots are not entirely written by the GF staff. Conquest is a mash-up it doesn't count at all, as of Ranger I should search for who did the storyboarding and the revising before claiming it Cannon to the main franchise. As I remember people thinking the dungeon series foresaw certain new elements without realizing the freedom SC had on the creative department.
True, being these are side games they are up to debate whether they count. Pokemon Conquest most likely doesn't, though I would say Ranger has some leeway since you can connect to the main series games with it.

True, being these are side games they are up to debate whether they count. Pokemon Conquest most likely doesn't, though I would say Ranger has some leeway since you can connect to the main series games with it.
Pokemon Ranger could work within the main storyline. Happens in a far off place where catching Pokemon is a less common thing. MD probably less so

Pokemon Ranger could work within the main storyline. Happens in a far off place where catching Pokemon is a less common thing. MD probably less so
Yep, the Ranger games tied in multiple times with the main games, but again the creative department could have tried to feel special and straight contradicted stuff from the main games, lets not forget that the Ranger saga is set on non mega universe and that they will rewrite the gen it was influencing eventually, so we shouldn't bank on them blindly.

Yep, the Ranger games tied in multiple times with the main games, but again the creative department could have tried to feel special and straight contradicted stuff from the main games, lets not forget that the Ranger saga is set on non mega universe and that they will rewrite the gen it was influencing eventually, so we shouldn't bank on them blindly.
I know its my own little head cannon but personally if I remade gens 1-2 and 4-5 I wouldn't make Mega Evolution the be all and end all of the game. I know they're the current big thing and all but I'd like next gen and anymore remakes to treat Mega Evolution special but not like it is in XY and ORAS

I just want them to only give Pokemon that have already evolved three times Mega Evolutions. They completely ruined the potential for a fire-breathing Ceberus when they gave Houndoom his Mega Evolution. And I don't even like the idea of a built in Life Orb that activates in the sun.
If done wrong, giving a Pokemon a Mega Evolution can be less imaginative then giving it a new standard evolution.

I just want them to only give Pokemon that have already evolved three times Mega Evolutions. They completely ruined the potential for a fire-breathing Ceberus when they gave Houndoom his Mega Evolution. And I don't even like the idea of a built in Life Orb that activates in the sun.
If done wrong, giving a Pokemon a Mega Evolution can be less imaginative then giving it a new standard evolution.
Houndoom is not only vases on cerberus, there are other myths to take into account, an Irish myth had dogs wich bite never healed and where described as burning, in Mexico there is other one that never gives on chasing it's prey and rots everything on touch(Other versions say they are guardians of the drunk folk, or straight protectors despite being pretty much made of rotting flesh and exposed bones with eerie flames where the eye should be), there is no need to go on a single route from an evolutionary stand point and GF has shown some amazing multicultural mashups.

Speaking of Mewtwo, Mew has the DNA of every Pokémon in existence, this means any created in the future or by people, as Mew also has the DNA of Porygon, Golett, etc.

Mewtwo, while cloned from Mew, has its own innate DNA structure (which is just a rearrangement of Mew's DNA). This means that all Mew in the history of the Pokéworld have had Mewtwo's DNA inside them, meaning they can transform into Mewtwo at any point in time if they wish. Most likely, only a select few turned into Mewtwo (PMD, Conquest, Ranger, etc.) due to Mewtwo's frightening disposition compared to Mew's playful nature, and somehow got stuck in that form (maybe ancient Mew's forms were permanent and that's how the original members of each Pokémon species came about?), then in the modern day, Team Rocket and Team Plasma created the Kanto and Unova Mewtwo using Mew's DNA. So it could be entirely possible that while Mewtwo is a unique species, it has been around forever.

It's a Pokémon version of "What came first? The chicken (Mew that can turn into Mewtwo through their Transform ability and having Mewtwo's DNA) or the Egg (Mewtwo's birth from Mew's DNA)?"

Speaking of Mewtwo, Mew has the DNA of every Pokémon in existence, this means any created in the future or by people, as Mew also has the DNA of Porygon, Golett, etc.

Mewtwo, while cloned from Mew, has its own innate DNA structure (which is just a rearrangement of Mew's DNA). This means that all Mew in the history of the Pokéworld have had Mewtwo's DNA inside them, meaning they can transform into Mewtwo at any point in time if they wish. Most likely, only a select few turned into Mewtwo (PMD, Conquest, Ranger, etc.) due to Mewtwo's frightening disposition compared to Mew's playful nature, and somehow got stuck in that form (maybe ancient Mew's forms were permanent and that's how the original members of each Pokémon species came about?), then in the modern day, Team Rocket and Team Plasma created the Kanto and Unova Mewtwo using Mew's DNA. So it could be entirely possible that while Mewtwo is a unique species, it has been around forever.

It's a Pokémon version of "What came first? The chicken (Mew that can turn into Mewtwo through their Transform ability and having Mewtwo's DNA) or the Egg (Mewtwo's birth from Mew's DNA)?"
Pretty sure there's no scientific proof that Mew has the DNA of ALL Pokemon in it. Scientists could try to put it to the test, but the only ones to get a hold of some just recombine it over and over into Mewtwo. The only reason Mew is even thought to be an ancestor to any other Pokemon aside from Mewtwo is that it can learn a stupidly massive amount of moves. Every TM. HM, (though Attract is a waste, being genderless) and Tutor move that you'd spend BP/shards on. These days though, it can't learn the Pledges, the elemental shit ultimate moves, and Draco Meteor. (can't learn Relic Song/Secret Sword/Dragon Ascent either) So Mew is looking less and less like a true ancestor, not to mention most of the Sinnoh legendary Pokemon seem to shit on the theory. And Pokemon created from non-living things, like shit sludge, trash, Silph Co.'s duck shaped 0's and 1's, likely the legendary golems, (seriously. Regirock is literally an animated rock pile. "When it is damaged, it seeks out suitable rocks to repair itself.") etc.

Probably an easier explanation for why Aerodactyl gets a Mega Stone when it's a fossil is that it may have conveniently come in contact with either an extremely rare living specimen or some Old Amber. For Mewtwo, it's one of the most powerful Pokemon created, especially among the Psychic type. It might be totally in it's nature to harness a couple of these stones and bend them to react to its own repeatedly recombined genetics, in the 'unlikely' event it finds itself in a corner. Who knows what that Mewtwo was doing in that cave, and very conveniently its version exclusive Mega Stone is left behind to pick up upon capture...

Probably an easier explanation for why Aerodactyl gets a Mega Stone when it's a fossil is that it may have conveniently come in contact with either an extremely rare living specimen or some Old Amber. For Mewtwo, it's one of the most powerful Pokemon created, especially among the Psychic type. It might be totally in it's nature to harness a couple of these stones and bend them to react to its own repeatedly recombined genetics, in the 'unlikely' event it finds itself in a corner. Who knows what that Mewtwo was doing in that cave, and very conveniently its version exclusive Mega Stone is left behind to pick up upon capture...
I just think that it is just like the thing about if you take a Twitch channel, hook it up to a typewritter, and have everyone type in one letter at a time, eventually, you will get the complete works of Shakespeare (I think that is right). Who knows how many Mega Stones were created and if they all even correspond to a Pokémon or not. It's not like some person 3,000 years ago personally created each Mega Stone, including the Mewtwoites and Aerodactylite, despite not having any knowledge of those species.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
I just think that it is just like the thing about if you take a Twitch channel, hook it up to a typewritter, and have everyone type in one letter at a time, eventually, you will get the complete works of Shakespeare (I think that is right). Who knows how many Mega Stones were created and if they all even correspond to a Pokémon or not. It's not like some person 3,000 years ago personally created each Mega Stone, including the Mewtwoites and Aerodactylite, despite not having any knowledge of those species.
... What? I think the phrase you're looking for is, and I paraphrase:

Don't know where you got Twitter from.

Because this is what happens when you ask the internet to try and write anything intellectual.

Anyway, I think its implied that the energy released from the Ultimate Weapon allowed for the creation of Mega Stones. I think its just that, upon the energy returning to the planet, the energy had a reaction to certain Pokemon in the area and the energy builds up and becomes a Mega Stone for those Pokemon.

... What? I think the phrase you're looking for is, and I paraphrase:

Don't know where you got Twitter from.

Because this is what happens when you ask the internet to try and write anything intellectual.

Anyway, I think its implied that the energy released from the Ultimate Weapon allowed for the creation of Mega Stones. I think its just that, upon the energy returning to the planet, the energy had a reaction to certain Pokemon in the area and the energy builds up and becomes a Mega Stone for those Pokemon.
I didn't say Twitter, I said Twitch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)