ORAS OU Slowcro

Okay so I am not the guy for fancy introductions so let skip that and dive right into the team building process.

As soon as I saw this little guy I thought of what I called Slowcro, which - while admittedly not the most creative set- is simply the good old fashioned and once so deadly CroCune set on Mega Slowbro... Now everyone who played CroCune in Gen 3 knows what basically stopped every sweep from happening. The one crit... Sure, when you set up over 10 turns you are basically inviting the almighty hax god to wreck havoc upon you, but that didn't stop me from raging anywhays. Anywhays I am getting off topic, what I wanted to say with this is: Not with this guy. Since I am realizing right now that I gotta write something to him later on in this thread when I post the set, I better stop talking now, so I got something left to say

Okay so I am aware it is outdated as [insert comparison for I simply can't think of one right now], but I am still a fan of the classic FWG core and since I was already getting nostalgic from my Slowcro I thought I might as well include this. I did get creative with Looms set here tho, to fulfill my needs and include at least some creativity in this team, but more on that later

Warning: From here on things get less thought through and rather intuitive

I guess this guy I can probably justify the most out of my other 3 mons so lets start with Latios... He gives tons of useful resistances to this team, like Fire, Water, Fighting, Ground and Electric and helps me with Hazards, since otherwise Spikes would be really annoying for this team as it switches alot.

Well... My thought process behind this was basically "Damn it... Ghost is op this gen... Gengar is really strong... There is this one Gengar set I wanted to try anywhay and its a awesome at cleaning up (see Latios as a Wallbreaker and Gengar as a cleaner)... I would kill for this guy to be 2 points faster but oh well, what can you do... At least I outspeed these hp fire noobs

"I like Bisharp... Bisharp got Swag." So much for my thoughts behind that guy but let me try to justify why I picked him. He gives me priority, which is awesome and saved my ass alot. He got pursuit which gets rid of the latis and some other things and iirc he countered some things that troubled my slowcro, so yeah I think actually did put a little thought into this guy :s
Also I like having another answer for Clefable as cm sets can be tough to handle at times. Knock off is also really helpful in longer battles

So without furder ado, lets look at the sets:

Slowbro (F) @ Slowbronite
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Time to mention the little details I left away in the teambuilding process... Most important: Do not Mega Evolve. Not yet anywhays. In the early to mid game Regenerator is just such a godly ability, without that my whole core would fall apart cause Rest is a very weak healing move early on. There are 3 reasons to mega evolve.

-You know you got the game if you don't get critted now --> obvious thing... Just go for it and take your guaranteed win home.

-You need the extra defense to avoid the KO... Note: Taking less damage isnt a reason, since you would heal up the difference and more upon switching. It gotta be life or death

-You are going for the finishing sweep. The absoloutely awesome thing about this guy is you can just look at your opponents team and know "if I cm now I won, no matter what the hell he does"... If that time has come go ahead. Show your true and mighty form

Other then that the moveset is pretty self explationary... CM for sweeping and beating things like rotom-w, scald cause its the best single atack slowbro can get out there, getting stab, having awesome coverage and this burn is just sooo good. Resttalk so you can heal and win against toxic, while not being total setup fodder during sleep.

Breloom (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 216 SDef / 44 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Spore
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Seed Bomb

Okay, so here we are getting creative. Somewhat. I didn't create this set, but the last time I saw is 2 years ago. Instead of being the usual doing-damage-and-die loom this one actually lives through entire matches, having absoloutely awesome resistances, healing alot and granting me tons of utility. It completly 100% walls every rotom-w and if they trick you they get a toxic orb. Also a legitimate switch in to Lando-T and destroys most voltturn cores by itself. Very good switch in to knock off and status moves. Talking about these... Its absoloutely essential to get your toxic orb activated... Dont switch Breloom into Rot-W when it first shows up unless youre already poisoned... Go to lati to absorb possible burns and the next time go to Loom (never seen a rot-w WoW twice once it thinks Latios (which is alrdy burned and doesnt care to much bout it) is my switch in.
Also take care with switching into chanseys etc that might carry twave or a knock off from lando

(Is this picture to big? It looks big :s)

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power

Very standard sdef heatran set. Gets up the essential rocks, flash cannon is for clefable mostly, but also helps vs mega garde, earth power for coverage, but Im considerng switching out for roar so I dont end up being set up fodder to some thing likes roost volc or gyarados... What do you guys think?

Gengar (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
IVs: 29 HP
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Taunt
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Wave

I can't even count how many games that guy won me. Deals ridicolous damage, with fantastic coverage, awesome spead and a great typing that sports many immunities and even some useful resistances like fairy (careful with resistances tho as its kinda squishy, but a moonblast from clefable deals like 31% so thats fine).
Taunt is so I easily beat chansey and blissey 1v1 and to rape some stall. Rest is stab and coverage
29 HP IV so I take 1 damage less from LO, since I usually will have attacked at least twice before I died and blabla math I have more life at the end

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost

Standard set to afaik, LO for more damage, Draco and Psyshock for stab and I roost saved my ass way to often to be replaced by anything. All these guys switching around trying to kill me via lo and residual damage as a last resort simply get trolled by it and its also really nice in battles that drag on for a while, for example against stall, as I need it to survive for a while, being my Defogger and Wallbreaker. I usually just spam draco early, weakening my opponents core, while walling whatever he switches in with mine. Usually their core cracks up way quicker since mine got supreme recovere via Regenerator and Toxic Heal.

Bisharp (F) @ Black Glasses
Trait: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Last, but not least Bisharp. Sometimes I feel like he doesnt add as much to my team as my other members, but then he saved my ass in some other situation and I am grateful he's here... I do consider changing his set tho... Jolly nature is the one thing I could change, AV as item the other... I'd like to hear your opinions on that... To the set, Knock off is the standard go to attack, dealing alot of damage and taking away lefties or even better eviolite is key in long battles, pursuit is to trap the lati twins (more so the sister, since Latios might 2hko me, which is one of the reasons I consider AV... I dont ohko Latias with pursuit then anymore tho which sucks, but could be handled by SR I guess :/)
Sucker Punch as priority and Iron Head as second stab, priority and for good damage against clefable

Guess thats it... My FWG core and Latios are pretty much key so I am opposed to changing that, but as much as I love Gengar I guess that might could get something with more utility and Bisharp is definetly subject to change.

The Team has done quite good so far and showed only few weaknesses, while sporting consistent enough win conditions... Troublesome pokemons are:

-Thunderus (hard to switch into that guy, but can be played around especially if he has LO and SR are up... Can be finished by Bisharp, also Heatran and Loom both survive an attack (cant ohko back tho...)

-SD Bisharp (Really annoying... Can set up against my own Bisharp and ohkos Loom at +2 with Iron Head, as well as everything else on my team. Be careful not to have Bisharp out if they got one as well and you should be fine as it cant really set up on anything else. Standard Bisharp is handled by Breloom and amusingly enough Slowbro does pretty fucking well against it as well, especially mega and Ive even used some as set up fodder, since Knock off doesnt hit for full damage, sucker wont work if I cm, and pursuit is even weaker if I dont switch...)

-Mega Sceptile (pain in the ass... Luckily not played as often... Cant do much against it except for hoping that it misses its Focus Blasts)

-Mega Diancie (Beast, strongly reliant on winning speed ties or having a max hp Heatran that can survive one EP and ohko back)

-Mega Gardevoir (Rapes my defensive core, Heatran can survive a Focus Blast and takes nearly no damage from its other attacks and ohkos back, so as long as you dont switch into that youre okayish... Otherwise Gengar can revenge kill)
The absoloutely awesome thing is that as long as the above pokesmons arent in the opponents team, the team is super reliable, often already having a sure-fire win in team preview, just because of how good the respective counters are. The reasons I am posting here is that one of the above Pokemon is on the opposing team you pretty much gotta do plays or you loose (especially for the last 3)...

For my last words let me say thats its absolouetly essential to keep Slowbro alive (which luckily is very easy to do), as it counters half the metagame atm

If something is missing, just tell me and I'll add it asap

Gengar (F) @ Life Orb
IVs: 29 HP
- Taunt
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Wave

Slowbro (F) @ Slowbronite
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power

Breloom (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 216 SDef / 44 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Spore
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Seed Bomb

Bisharp (F) @ Black Glasses
Trait: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Last edited:
You need a flying spam counter I think put zapdos for latios it can kill almost every flying type pokemon

Zapdos Leftovers
232 HP / 252 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Heat wave
- Defog
- Roost

Your team looks good after that.

Never had problems with flying pokes so far.. Things like Mega Pidgeot or choiced flying attacks are handled by Heatran. Every possible Talonflame set on earth is handled by Slowbro. Pinsir is also handled between Latios and Slowbro

I'd dislike adding a pokemon with SR weakness to the team, especially if its the Defogger.

Never had problems with flying pokes so far.. Things like Mega Pidgeot or choiced flying attacks are handled by Heatran. Every possible Talonflame set on earth is handled by Slowbro. Pinsir is also handled between Latios and Slowbro

I'd dislike adding a pokemon with SR weakness to the team, especially if its the Defogger.
I checked in calc and yea u r right..
But do u know thundurus can ohko latias whose evs is 72 HP 252 spe and rest in Spa u can do /analysis latias on showdown and can chose the first set and read the description there it is written that thundurus can ohko it and latias can ohko back with draco meteor

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]/psyshock/thunderbolt
- Roost/healing wish

Last edited:
I despite having to disagree again, because I really am open for critisism and suggestions, but for one I believe you are talking about 2hkoing or +2 Thunderus, since otherwise it doesnt even come close to ohkoing and second that calculation is based on the assumption that I am absouloutely max hp which is a daring assumption, since I carry a Life Orb and SR is a thing. Especially because I wont defog every SR, since my team is not weak to SR at all

Latios is way to important in the early game to preserve him for entire game and even if I would, I doubt I could keep SR of the field then. I'd rather deal with Thunderus via pressure, which worked just fine so far. The problems that need solution are Mega Sceptile, Mega Diancie and Mega Gardevoir

Tauntflame + grass or water type / Dry Skin / Water Absorb core hurts.

Also you have a weakness to Mega-Sableye. Lum Berry Bisharp can help.

Last edited:
Well, since taunt doesnt stop regenerator I can still switch into it as often as I wish and scald as he switches into his Walter/Grass until theyre burned, cause Breloom walls them all day

Thats what I meant previously, by wearing their core down, since mine has such supreme recovery that it can simply outstall till the water/grass dies from the burn and if SR is up its over for the talonflame + something core you talked about anywhay

Also how does Lum help me vs Sableye? Correct me if im wrong, but it'll just burn me again, since bisharp doesnt exactly pressure it that much... Besides my Loom set is an awesome Sableye counter and status absorber

Nice reasoning you have done for the team. But I think gengar pretty much wrecks the team especially if it predicts right on the switch. Also I think that rain teams look like a threat especially if crobro is down. How do you deal with that??

ITS CALLED SLOWCRO

But thats actually some pretty good criticism you got right there. Gengars can be annoying, but Heatran lives a Focus Blasts (should it hit that is), it has to win 2 speed ties (if it doesnt run hp fire that is) and bisharp can come in on anything but fblast (and even that 30% of the time) and wrecks it 50% of the time

Still I agree this is somewhat unreliable, so yeah im open for suggestions, especially the Gengar doesnt give me to much I feel... Neither does Bisharp... I wondered about Assault Vest Metagross with pursuit, while not being especially helpful vs Gengar its really good against the other threats this team has... To bad I cant run Mega Meta :/

I never really had problems with rain, since Slowcro does a good job vs them (I think you underrate mega regen... It wont go down xD), Breloom does awesome against everything rain got except fast and strong ice beams, and latios does a very decent job too. Bisharp can revenge kill swift swimmers and if they try to play mind games on me their rain will run out.

Pent

dumb broad
Landorus-Therian + Gengar/Bisharp seems a huge threat to your team if played properly. Yes, Heatran Counters Bisharp, but unless you burn with Lava Plume, Low Kick... Well, kicks your ass. Then, Lando hits Bisharp w/ a EQ and say your good nights. Since the "Cro" sets are better for bulky Mons like Suicune, just run Slack Off / Scald / Psyshock / Calm Mind. This provides you with not relying on ST picking the right move, or even Picking rest in that matter. Superpower Azumarill w/ AV also hurts your team heavily, killing off 4 of you Mons. Especially if Bisharp and Gengr are dead, just leave. Gengar hurts your team heavily, killing all your Members.

Just a thought. :]

Since the "Cro" sets are better for bulky Mons like Suicune, just run Slack Off / Scald / Psyshock / Calm Mind. This provides you with not relying on ST picking the right move, or even Picking rest in that matter.
I personally disagree with this, unless you've not been praying to RNGsus enough and ST keeps picking the wrong moves for you on enough occasions to be problematic then a different set might work, but Cro is one of MegaBro's best sets given how incredibly physically bulky he is and his immunity to crits. Cro lets him set up on a lot more things without worrying about status and whatnot wearing him down, and once he's already gotten two or three CMs up then he's pretty much on a roll to max out and sweep unless there's still a Breloom or Heracross involved. Shell Armour helps Cro out a lot since it is a set that runs the risk of 'that one crit' syndrome where your age long set-up pretty much gives your opponent ample opportunities to get lucky; not happening with CroBro, that's a train with no brakes. Again, I'd advise CM, Slack Off, two attacks mainly if you really feel lack of coverage hurts CroBro or you have shitty luck with Sleep Talk. Just my opinion on it, I regard CroBro probably too highly, but whatever. XD

I agree that RestTalk is needed for it to be my win con against stall... And yes gengar is mean, which is why I consider metagross, but meh... Sometimes I consider making normal slowbro and mega meta, but I'd really hate loosing against Stall

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)