The Everything NFL Punter Thread - 2014/2015 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
Jesus you're worse than the people whose job it is to make a big deal out of nothing. Who cares. Thank Tebow it ain't super bowl week yet because this is killing the hype.

WHICH, surprise surprise, is gonna be the most consistently successful franchise possibly in sports history.
By this definition Peyton "Playoff choke" Manning is the greatest qb ever. Winning SBs don't matter to make you the most successful right? The Patriots had a good 4 year run and then turned into chokers. The Pats haven't been successful in the NFL in almost a decade. Unless of course you count winning 12 games in the regular season every year but pissing it all away in the playoffs counts as success to you. Then that must prove Peyton is a god because he has only ever had a team below 10 wins twice in his career. And hes done it with different coaches. Giants are more successful than the Pats since 2006, deal with it pretty boy.

WB Edit: I'M PUTTING A STOP HERE TOO

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Jesus you're worse than the people whose job it is to make a big deal out of nothing. Who cares. Thank Tebow it ain't super bowl week yet because this is killing the hype.

By this definition Peyton "Playoff choke" Manning is the greatest qb ever. Winning SBs don't matter to make you the most successful right? The Patriots had a good 4 year run and then turned into chokers. The Pats haven't been successful in the NFL in almost a decade. Unless of course you count winning 12 games in the regular season every year but pissing it all away in the playoffs counts as success to you. Then that must prove Peyton is a god because he has only ever had a team below 10 wins twice in his career. And hes done it with different coaches. Giants are more successful than the Pats since 2006, deal with it pretty boy.
stop

stop

stop

STOP

STOPSTOPSTOPSTOPSTOP

So...uh, how about those new coaching hires? Niners lost everyone good and we have no OC still and Mangini manning the defensive end...this next year is gonna suck...sure the Cardinals and Seahawks are losing their DCs (well probably Seattle), but at least they all aren't in a staff rebuild mode. Hell the Rams will probably make their move to get into the playoffs next, assuming they finally ditch the injury-prone Bradford (why are they still paying him?) and draft a good QB high while starting Hill until the new guy gets acclimated.

the media is making such a big deal out of this. the patriots won FORTY FIVE TO SEVEN. i would understand all the hoopla if the deflated footballs caused the colts to lose in a close game, but it was a blowout. yeah, they did break a rule, but its not like they paid off referees or fixed the game. they just played with some slightly deflated footballs.

anyway, hopefully the seahawks win so that we don't get hit with the "patriots superbowl victory forever tainted by deflategate" headlines. i just want ESPN to stfu already.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
The score of the AFC Championship game is entirely irrelevant to how the Patriots should be punished. Only idiots are saying the Colts got robbed or that the game should be replayed or something. The only fact that matters is that someone (most likely, unless the balls were defective) on the Patriots deliberately broke the rules to give their team an unfair advantage.

Your guess is as good as mine as to whether this was one equipment manager trying to bend a rule or systematic cheating by Brady and Belichick. If it's the former, just fire the ball boy and fine the team. If it's the latter, suspend both for the Super Bowl (and a piece of next season). But don't bring up the score of the AFC title game because literally nobody is disputing that the Patriots were the better team and deserved to win.

Also enough of people comparing this to Bountygate. The punishments for Bountygate were 8-to-16 game suspensions for numerous coaches and players. Nobody has advocated that because that is a ridiculous punishment. You only hurt your own credibility by comparing this to Bountygate or saying that the score of the game should reduce the Patriots' punishment.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Nigga you JUST said to suspend the Head Coach and the QB for the Super Bowl when the recommended course of action is a 25k fine. Talking about hurting your own credibility.

Also enough of people comparing this to Bountygate. The punishments for Bountygate were 8-to-16 game suspensions for numerous coaches and players. Nobody has advocated that because that is a ridiculous punishment. You only hurt your own credibility by comparing this to Bountygate or saying that the score of the game should reduce the Patriots' punishment.
yeah it was cheating, and it ruins the integrity of the game, no doubt. i'm not saying the score of the game should determine their punishment, or even affect the level of punishment they receive, i'm just saying that deflating footballs doesn't merit a huge punishment (i expect a fine, idk about suspending players from the superbowl)..

also who is comparing this to bountygate?? the fuck. only comparable cheating scandal is spygate, and that is only because it was also the patriots involved. talking about hurting your own credibility...

Not that I think any of the deflate stuff is a big deal(or that it even matters) but how in the world is anybody going to get destroyed by the words of THAT man. I only like reading about Belicheat when he is talking about the game itself or a player. There is no better insight than him. But otherwise he has no credibility.

I think everyone just hates the Pats, and noe they have the perfect chance to take it out. A chance to penalize a consistently good team? Perfect!

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Josh Gordon likely to be suspended for an entire year for alcohol (wtf???). Feel sorry for the guy, but goddamn. The factory of sadness just doesn't stop production...

Josh Gordon likely to be suspended for an entire year for alcohol (wtf???). Feel sorry for the guy, but goddamn. The factory of sadness just doesn't stop production...
Why would you feel sorry for him? He's a moron. David Boston 2.0

Maybe we will see that much anticipated Manziel-Gordon connection in the the CFL.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Not that I think any of the deflate stuff is a big deal(or that it even matters) but how in the world is anybody going to get destroyed by the words of THAT man. I only like reading about Belicheat when he is talking about the game itself or a player. There is no better insight than him. But otherwise he has no credibility.
Ray Lewis is destroying every Patriots fan/supporter right now.
lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)