2015 Musics - Join us at #Tunes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
the new modest mouse album is going to sound like their last two. it's going to make loads of money and have some real popular singles. i do not think it will resonate with me on any level close to their 2000 and earlier stuff. i'm not going to call them out for being sellouts or anything, because even though they transitioned from "raw" music to a much more pop sound, i can't blame them. you can't take the role of frustrated, disillusioned 20-something forever. look at guys like weezer, who have been making the same kind of power pop for 20 years. now they're like 40 and making music for the same demographic as when they were 20 and it feels weird. definitely puts bands in a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" kind of deal, so i try to cut some slack. i'll not chastise them for it, but in all likelihood if it sounds anything like we were dead then i'm not going to like it.

in any case they were pretty prolific back in the day so there's plenty of nostalgia about times i wasn't sentient to be had. i counted 68 individual tracks from moon & antarctica and before, and there's a ton of live shit to dig through as well. any MM fans hit me up.

the new modest mouse album is going to sound like their last two. it's going to make loads of money and have some real popular singles. i do not think it will resonate with me on any level close to their 2000 and earlier stuff. i'm not going to call them out for being sellouts or anything, because even though they transitioned from "raw" music to a much more pop sound, i can't blame them. you can't take the role of frustrated, disillusioned 20-something forever. look at guys like weezer, who have been making the same kind of power pop for 20 years. now they're like 40 and making music for the same demographic as when they were 20 and it feels weird. definitely puts bands in a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" kind of deal, so i try to cut some slack. i'll not chastise them for it, but in all likelihood if it sounds anything like we were dead then i'm not going to like it.

in any case they were pretty prolific back in the day so there's plenty of nostalgia about times i wasn't sentient to be had. i counted 68 individual tracks from moon & antarctica and before, and there's a ton of live shit to dig through as well. any MM fans hit me up.
I hear you, there. Of course, I fall into the category of people who actually thought We Were Dead was a good album, but I can see why people would miss their older music. Have you looked at any of the bands they've worked with over at Glacial Pace? Some of them have that more old-MM feel, as they were all hand-picked by Isaac Brock himself. Im partial to Morning Teleportation myself, although I know Mimicking Birds has a pretty decent following as well.

that viet cong record is fucking ridiculous. props to the one dude who mentioned it on last page. death is some sister ray type shit and it is godlike. also that chorus on continental shelf. and the whole of pointless experience. fuck i love this album

new bork is too all over the place for me, lionsong is one of her best ever songs though

sleater-kinney i also thought was kinda overrated. panda bear is nice. heres my 2015 so far

also anyone excited for new mount eerie record? should leak properly within the next couple days !!

Attachments

SO I mentioned a few days ago that AWOLNATION was hinting a new album. Turns out its going to be released March 20. While I'm not the biggest fan of the new single, I still like it better than Sail, so I look forward to hearing the album come release.

March sounds like its going to be a good month with this and Modest Mouse releasing.

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
s.p.y's brstl hardcore ep is out on nest records, and it's tremendous. it contains 3 new tracks and warrior dub, a track previously available only on andy c's nightlife 6 compilation. it's up on nest hq's soundcloud as a free download, so if you're a s.p.y fan or just into heavier dnb, there you go.

GlassGlaceon

My heart has now been set on love
well this is a music thread and it doesnt rly specify what type of musics but this is all ive been listening to for the past few days, came out late last month and i just went to a worship night these guys had and i almost fainted it was sOO AMAZING *-*

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Digging I Love You, Honeybear by Father John Misty. Makes me wanna go give Fear Fun a listen and see if I enjoy that too. But yeah would definitely recommend it be given a spin.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Here's what I've been listening on high rotation lately...

(click images for soundclouds)

Kaytranada - Drive Me Crazy (feat. Vic Mensa)

Kaytra has got to be one of my favourite producers ever, and Vic Mensa has been bringing out some cool stuff lately. This is actually the second track they've done together (well Vic really just borrowed an old Kaytra beat but whatever), maybe they could work together more often / form a duo or something...

Lido - I Love You

I got introduced to Lido through some stuff him and Cosmo's Midnight did together, this is probably my favourite track of his. Pretty high energy, boppy stuff here

Hermitude - Through The Roof

I vibe on pretty much anything Hermitude put together. They were recently talking about going in a different direction with their songwriting, it used to pretty much just be instrumental hip hop and stuff but they've been a regular on the festival circuit lately so their stuff is starting to sounds more crowd-friendly I think

Mark Ronson - Daffodils

I actually really fucking love Uptown Funk for some reason. It gets played like there's no tomorrow on the radio but I still love it. I don't listen to too much commercial radio so I don't hear it as much anymore since it moved there, but this is what's been playing on my favourite station lately. I don't even know what I like about it, it's just cool...

am I that nerd that listens to classical music and doesnt care about modern music?
E: please suggest some Mordern music for me

Last edited:
Is it too much to ask that System of a Down gets their sh!t together, work whatever problems they have and get on the studio? Is it? Ok.

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ivy lab's 20 questions ep is out on vinyl and digital format, and it's absolutely chilling. i'd definitely recommend giving it a listen. it's only 36 minutes of your time, and it even comes with the el train remix of ivy lab's "live on your smile", a track that i'm super hyped for.

also, for the unaware, spor recently dropped caligo, his first album. it sounds like typical spor, which isn't bad, but it really isn't anything new. while it was a great album, it didn't exactly live up to the hype people were giving it. it's still worth a listen though.

been putting off listening to the new mount eerie for a while now. enjoying it, although it does seem to be getting some flack for not being in the same class as the rest of their discography

nilo been slacking on listening to new stuff. what should i be bumping bros?
the pop group - citizen zombie

been putting off listening to the new mount eerie for a while now. enjoying it, although it does seem to be getting some flack for not being in the same class as the rest of their discography

the pop group - citizen zombie
well wud ya look who it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)