Inactive 6th Gen Damage Calculator

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I think this is the correct place to post this but Spritzee (LC Cleric) has no EVs. It should be 212 HP / 196 Def / 12 SpA / 76 SpD / 12 Spe with a Bold nature

Hi,

I have a little problem with your great damage calculator. I can't access it from my current location, but other people I know can. I always get this message: "
(If you see this message for more than a few seconds, try enabling JavaScript. If that doesn't fix it, I'm probably in the middle of updating the calculator, so check back later.)"
no matter which device I use. Of course I tried enabling JavaScript, but that didn't fix it. I'm in Japan right now, if that means anything, but I was able to access the page normally in the past from the same location.
I also searched the internet about it, but I found nothing.

I hope this is the right place to contact you and also that you can help me. I am not a total beginner with computers, routers and also a little programming, so I think it should be fine if you just said what you think the problem is, without simplifying things too much xD

Thank you verry much in advance

KuroiX

Hi,

I have a little problem with your great damage calculator. I can't access it from my current location, but other people I know can. I always get this message: "
(If you see this message for more than a few seconds, try enabling JavaScript. If that doesn't fix it, I'm probably in the middle of updating the calculator, so check back later.)"
no matter which device I use. Of course I tried enabling JavaScript, but that didn't fix it. I'm in Japan right now, if that means anything, but I was able to access the page normally in the past from the same location.
I also searched the internet about it, but I found nothing.

I hope this is the right place to contact you and also that you can help me. I am not a total beginner with computers, routers and also a little programming, so I think it should be fine if you just said what you think the problem is, without simplifying things too much xD

Thank you verry much in advance

KuroiX
Try right clicking on the page and clicking Inspect Element and then click on Console. What do you see in the Console?

Also, here is the end of the setdex_xy file:
setdex_xy.png
As you can see, the code ends abruptly, the OU set was supposed to be for Porygon2

I can't think of a reason why your browser would truncate setdex_xy. Try clearing your browser's cache.
Nothing happens :(

I also tried a different browser, that doesn't work either. My mobile gets the same message, as well as every other device I tried, like tablets.

Ordinarily, no. But you can download the source code of the calculator and then extract the folder `gen6-damage-calc-master` from the .zip file.

Once you do that, anytime you'd like to use the calculator you can just go into the folder and double click the `ap_calc.html` file.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hey Honko / gamut, do you think you'd be able to update the calculator with the Terrain moves? They're very minor, but all have their own effects on damage.

Mega Ray's ability doesn't seem to be working properly. Instead of just removing flying weaknesses, it removes dragon type's weaknesses as well.

252+ Atk Life Orb Teravolt Zekrom Dragon Claw vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Rayquaza in Strong Winds: 205-244 (58.4 - 69.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Teravolt Zekrom Dragon Claw vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Rayquaza: 416-491 (118.5 - 139.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

It also seems to consider Electric type moves as neutral, while they should be resisted by mega ray.
252+ Atk Life Orb Teravolt Zekrom Bolt Strike vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Rayquaza: 335-395 (95.4 - 112.5%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
I'd appreciate it if you could look into this. :]

This is about the Damage calculator : I guess a lot of people already asked for new megas in the calculator linked with PS, but I also think it would be fine if we could add leech seed as a field effect / status / whatever.
Also, it is possible to set a Pokemon HP's to a value, but it doesn't affect the "possibly 3HKO" or those kind of message. May be it would be fine if the said mention took the given HP in consideration

tehy

Banned deucer.
Hey, so I love the damage calc and I have a few ways I feel it can be improved if it's not an imposition

Firstly, a lot of the time I pull up the Pokemon's set and it doesn't automatically load the move I want. Now, there's an easy solution and I use it, but I feel there's an even easier solution and i'd like to see it-simply put, instead of only loading moves with a certain usage % or whatever, load the Pokemon's 4 most used moves. That heavily increases the chance i'll get the move I want instantly.

It would also be very nice if the calculator didn't automatically jump to the strongest move-I want to see a certain move and that's why I've selected it. If i wanted to see that move, I could, and I can see if it's strong or OHKOes or whatever. Also, when I click backspace, say on the HP stat, which I want to change from 90 to 50; when I get it down to nothing, it auto-loads a one and I have to click very fast to get a 5, or type in a 5 and delete the one. Is there any reason why the calc can't just leave that field blank?

Finally, is there any way this calc can replace the one in /calc in PS? After all, it's just Honko's calc but updated, and the new megas at my fingertips would be nice (though I have this favorited currently so, maybe I can make it work).

Arcticblast

is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
(assuming you're using gamut's updated version)
Firstly, a lot of the time I pull up the Pokemon's set and it doesn't automatically load the move I want. Now, there's an easy solution and I use it, but I feel there's an even easier solution and i'd like to see it-simply put, instead of only loading moves with a certain usage % or whatever, load the Pokemon's 4 most used moves. That heavily increases the chance i'll get the move I want instantly.
The calc pulls sets directly from Smogon analyses. Usage has nothing to do with it.

It would also be very nice if the calculator didn't automatically jump to the strongest move-I want to see a certain move and that's why I've selected it. If i wanted to see that move, I could, and I can see if it's strong or OHKOes or whatever.
I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say here...
Also, when I click backspace, say on the HP stat, which I want to change from 90 to 50; when I get it down to nothing, it auto-loads a one and I have to click very fast to get a 5, or type in a 5 and delete the one. Is there any reason why the calc can't just leave that field blank?
I assume it autofills stats so that the calculator doesn't have to try to find how much damage an attack does when one of the involved stats doesn't exist.

Finally, is there any way this calc can replace the one in /calc in PS? After all, it's just Honko's calc but updated, and the new megas at my fingertips would be nice (though I have this favorited currently so, maybe I can make it work).
that's up to Zarel I guess

tehy

Banned deucer.
(assuming you're using gamut's updated version)The calc pulls sets directly from Smogon analyses. Usage has nothing to do with it.
Idk, i recall it not being precisely that way (a lot of mons just had usage stats on the old calc, which is more what i wanted). Seems that's more or less fixed now; that said it'd be nice if 4 moves were always showing on sets like DD (all first slashed moves, then second slashed move (s))
I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say here...
Okay, so i have two sets, etc, select a move. I go down to start adding on EVs and see the results, but it keeps jumping back to a different move (example, i calc golbat vs Mscept and add on 4 more spd evs at a time to see relevant 2hko benchmarks, calc shows me the brave bird damage and i have to reselect. Usually i just get rid of bb but this is annoying)
I assume it autofills stats so that the calculator doesn't have to try to find how much damage an attack does when one of the involved stats doesn't exist.
I assumed so too, still annoying and it seems like the calc could just temporarily disable that calculation so i can type in peace
that's up to Zarel I guess
Yea, guess so too. Be nice if some1 could ask him.

Arcticblast

Idk, i recall it not being precisely that way (a lot of mons just had usage stats on the old calc, which is more what i wanted). Seems that's more or less fixed now; that said it'd be nice if 4 moves were always showing on sets like DD (all first slashed moves, then second slashed move (s))
Yeah the current version by gamut just uses analysis sets. Slashes would be neat to just naturally include but it sounds really difficult (and if four moves are included, it could be a pain for people who need to run mid-game calcs having to remove a move).
Okay, so i have two sets, etc, select a move. I go down to start adding on EVs and see the results, but it keeps jumping back to a different move (example, i calc golbat vs Mscept and add on 4 more spd evs at a time to see relevant 2hko benchmarks, calc shows me the brave bird damage and i have to reselect. Usually i just get rid of bb but this is annoying)
All you need to see are the damage rolls, which are all displayed at the same time. I'll agree it's a little distracting when a move you don't want to see is the one with the full calculation displayed, but just look where all of the moves are.

really all of these things you're asking for are just "why doesn't it work precisely the way I want it to???" when it really works absolutely fine and doesn't exactly need these things

tehy

Banned deucer.
Yeah the current version by gamut just uses analysis sets. Slashes would be neat to just naturally include but it sounds really difficult (and if four moves are included, it could be a pain for people who need to run mid-game calcs having to remove a move).
Why? if you want a different move it's the same procedure, so this either saves you time (the move got you wanted got preloaded instead of being a blank spot) or does 0.

v said:
All you need to see are the damage rolls, which are all displayed at the same time. I'll agree it's a little distracting when a move you don't want to see is the one with the full calculation displayed, but just look where all of the moves are.
Yes, why would i want to see 2hko percentages or something, that's just crazy. Never mind i just did that at least twice today.
v said:
really all of these things you're asking for are just "why doesn't it work precisely the way I want it to???" when it really works absolutely fine and doesn't exactly need these things
What's wrong with that?

These are all small things that can be done to improve this calc in, yes, SMALL ways. If someone has a preference against or it's too hard to do then fine but otherwise, why not??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)