Talonflame @ Liechi Berry / Salac Berry / Durin Berry
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Natural Gift
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz

natural gift sd talon may seem unconventional but is surprisingly good. the spread allows it to outspeed max speed raikou and scarfed magnezone and ttar. now the berry talon is holding is very important as it helps it beat its checks or counters. liechi turns into a 100 bp grass move which lets it muscle pass rotom w quagsire tyranitar and rhyperior. salac turns into a 100 bp fighting move which hurts ttar harder than salac berry, heatran and ferrothorn.
lastly durin berry is usable as it hits ttar, heatran, rhyperior and m diance which can all take a hit and knock you out

Last edited:

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Talonflame @ Liechi Berry / Salac Berry
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Natural Gift
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz

natural gift sd talon may seem unconventional but is surprisingly good. the spread allows it to outspeed max speed raikou and scarfed magnezone and ttar. now the berry talon is holding is very important as it helps it beat its checks or counters. liechi turns into a 100 bp grass move which lets it muscle pass rotom w quagsire tyranitar and rhyperior. salac turns into a 100 bp fighting move which hurts ttar harder than salac berry, heatran and ferrothorn.
If you're gonna use this set make a mention of Durin Berry which gives it a water move that hits Tyranitar, Heatran, Rhyperior, M-Diancie all at once. Honestly I'd probably put Durin Berry first before any of those.

If you're gonna use this set make a mention of Durin Berry which gives it a water move that hits Tyranitar, Heatran, Rhyperior, M-Diancie all at once. Honestly I'd probably put Durin Berry first before any of those.
k gonna edit

Garchomp @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Naughty
-Earthquake
-Draco Meteor
-Fire Blast
-Stone Edge

This set is meant to lure in normal garchomp switchins such as Skarmory and smack them hard on the switch. It's not that common, but it's still effective in luring if you choose the right moment to reveal yourself. With Fire Blast you OHKO Skarmory and Ferrothorn on the switch after rocks. With Draco you deal 62-73% to physically defensive Hippowdon, 61-72% to Slowbro, 58-69% to Mega-Sableye, and 52-62% to SpDef Gliscor.

Latias @ Leftovers/Latiasite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Whirlpool
- Reflect Type
- Roost
- A whole bunch of possibilities

This Latias lures Bisharp, Heatran, Ferrothorn, Tyranitar, Excadrill, and more, and either weakens or kills them by trapping them with Whirlpool and negating the effectiveness of their attacks with Reflect Type. The fourth moveslot has a bunch of viable options, including:
Draco Meteor, Dragon Pulse, Psyshock, Surf, Thunderbolt, Earthquake, Thunder Wave, Healing Wish, Defog, HP Fire...Past this it starts to get really gimmicky, but Magic Coat/Psywave/Icy Wind/Roar are ideas.

My personal favorites are Psyshock (to remain an effective answer to Mega-Venusaur and Keldeo), Defog (for utility) and Thunder Wave (for a lot of utility against e.g. Gengar, Mega-Metagross, Mega-Lopunny).
This set is so god damn novel that I'm just going to have to use it.

Thundurus @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Flying
- Focus Blast

This Thundurus set lures in Mega Venusaur, Celebi, and Amoonguss. HP Flying is unexpected, and also gets STAB, allowing you to 2HKO all of the stuff that I mentioned. Thunderbolt and Focus Blast are good coverage options, while T-wave offers team support.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hi, iam here to show another lure.
That lure is Earthquake and HP Fighting Lati@s.

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: NaN Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Psyshock
- Earthquake

So this set is to bait bisharp and tyranitar.
So lets image that you need to get right of rocks because you have a talonflame and its your win condition, and your oponent has a Bisharp, he will think that you will defog, bisharp switchs in and gets OHKO'ed by HP fighting, then you are free to defog, in the ttar way you can just 2HKO him, and hope that he is not scarf.
So Draco meteor and psyshock is dual stab, Defog for suport and Hidden Power Fighting is to lure Dark types, and probrably later on the game sweep with mega latias if you have it.
And the 0Ivs on atk is to take less damage from Foul Play.
Hopefully i showed a good lure.
Yeah no, EQ Latios was already posted. Just because you have HP fighting doesn't make it that different.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
I wouldn't really call HP Flying Thundurus a lure tbh because it's a well known fact that it's a viable option anyways for grass weak teams. M-Venusaur, Celebi, and Amoong are emergency checks to it not concrete ones.

I wouldn't really call HP Flying Thundurus a lure tbh because it's a well known fact that it's a viable option anyways for grass weak teams. M-Venusaur, Celebi, and Amoong are emergency checks to it not concrete ones.
To be fair Thunderus really has zero solid counters and all of its moves could consider it lures.

Superpower sets are quite well known, but chansey and ttar are still some of its main switch ins. HP grass is also realtivley common, but quagsire, pert and gastro still switch into.

Just because its fairly common, i wouldn't not call it a lure.

AM

LCPL Champion
To be fair Thunderus really has zero solid counters and all of its moves could consider it lures.

Superpower sets are quite well known, but chansey and ttar are still some of its main switch ins. HP grass is also realtivley common, but quagsire, pert and gastro still switch into.

Just because its fairly common, i wouldn't not call it a lure.
If you're implying HP Grass on Thundurus why not just use Grass Knot? I digress, I don't think you can exactly call something a lure that's common knowledge. Most of its coverage is common knowledge to begin with anyways and it's silly to put every single lure set of Thundurus for a lure section. Anyways that's my 2 cents on it.

If you're implying HP Grass on Thundurus why not just use Grass Knot? I digress, I don't think you can exactly call something a lure that's common knowledge. Most of its coverage is common knowledge to begin with anyways and it's silly to put every single lure set of Thundurus for a lure section. Anyways that's my 2 cents on it.
HP grass or grass knot both options, but thats really not the point. I'd say few sets in op are fairly common EQ Latios, Power herb heatran, wisp talonfalme, but they are still quality lures. I don't see why thunderus should receive different treatment.

Conkeldurr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Poison Jab
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch

You see, this Conk right here is special. It lures and exterminates the following: Slowbro, Skarmory, Azumarill, Clefable, already evolved Mega Altaria and Landorus-T, just to name a few. Usually, half those mons would be solid switch ins to Conk, but not with this set. s/o to DeeJ for the set btw. Anyways, the speed EVs allow Conk to hit 178 speed, outspeeding Skarmory and uninvested Azu (speed creeps BD Azu speed creeping Skarm) as well as Clefable.

Life Orb gives Conk insane power; just look at the calcs below to see what I mean. LureConk partners well with mons that appreciate [Slowbro, Skarmory, Clefable, Land-T] gone. Mega Metagross, DD Gyarados, Mega Sharpedo, and Mega Lopunny are notable mentions. Below are calcs I took from DeeJ, u da man :]

Edit: Changed set to Life Orb, so new calcs. OML, the power guys o.O

252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Conkeldurr Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 302-356 (76.6 - 90.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Conkeldurr Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 160 Def Clefable: 364-429 (92.3 - 108.8%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Conkeldurr Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 185-218 (55.3 - 65.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Conkeldurr Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 218-257 (55.3 - 65.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

-1 252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Conkeldurr Ice Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 468-556 (146.7 - 174.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Conkeldurr Poison Jab vs. 240 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 411-486 (102.4 - 121.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Conkeldurr Poison Jab vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Altaria: 315-372 (107.8 - 127.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Conkeldurr Poison Jab vs. 248 HP / 136+ Def Altaria: 252-299 (71.3 - 84.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Last edited:

Miridy

♩_♩
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Conkeldurr @ Expert Belt
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Poison Jab
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch

You see, this Conk right here is special. It lures and exterminates the following: Slowbro, Skarmory, Azumarill, Clefable, already evolved Mega Altaria and Landorus-T, just to name a few. Usually, half those mons would be solid switch ins to Conk, but not with this set. s/o to DeeJ for the set btw. Anyways, the speed EVs allow Conk to hit 178 speed, outspeeding Skarmory and uninvested Azu (speed creeps BD Azu speed creeping Skarm) as well as Clefable.

E belt > Life Orb to bluff the standard AV set (if using Drain Punch, LO would be revealed) which helps with luring in the things. LureConk partners well with mons that appreciate [Slowbro, Skarmory, Clefable, Land-T] gone. Mega Metagross, DD Gyarados, Mega Sharpedo, and Mega Lopunny are notable mentions. Below are calcs I took from DeeJ, u da man :]

252+ Atk Expert Belt Sheer Force Conkeldurr Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 278-329 (70.5 - 83.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Expert Belt Sheer Force Conkeldurr Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 170-202 (50.8 - 60.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Expert Belt Sheer Force Conkeldurr Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 202-238 (51.2 - 60.4%) -- 91% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

-1 252+ Atk Expert Belt Sheer Force Conkeldurr Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Landorus-T: 307-365 (80.3 - 95.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Expert Belt Sheer Force Conkeldurr Poison Jab vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Altaria: 214-252 (60.6 - 71.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Expert Belt Sheer Force Conkeldurr Poison Jab vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Altaria: 290-343 (82.1 - 97.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Conkeldurr Poison Jab vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Altaria: 315-372 (89.2 - 105.3%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

252+ Atk Expert Belt Sheer Force Conkeldurr Poison Jab vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 379-449 (94 - 111.4%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
This is truly a great set, I used it at the end of XY OU, and the amount of surprise kills it gets is simply amazing, considering how much Clefable is used now it's even better, but I must ask, is Expert Belt really that useful over Life Orb? With life orb you get to ohko 240/0 Azumarill 100% of times without Stealth Rocks, Defensive Landorus-therian with SR and intimidate factored in, 2hkoing 100% of times 252/252+ Magic Guard Clefable with a combination of Ice/Thunderpunch and Poison Jab later (leftovers considered), and other stuff I can't really remember atm, sure one of the four moves he has gives the LO away, but is that really terrible? I would say that the true surprise factor is the Speed and the "diverse" moveset Conke has.

Thundurus @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Flying
- Focus Blast

This Thundurus set lures in Mega Venusaur, Celebi, and Amoonguss. HP Flying is unexpected, and also gets STAB, allowing you to 2HKO all of the stuff that I mentioned. Thunderbolt and Focus Blast are good coverage options, while T-wave offers team support.
I feel a better lure would be Psychic as it hits Amoongus and M-Venusaur for the same damage as HP Flying, and it lets you run a different Hidden Power, like Ice or Fire for Celebi. Plus it is much less unexpected

Here's my lure, hopefully it isn't too bad.

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Toxic

This is pretty much your standard Landorus-Therian defensive set, until you look at the Rocky Helmet, and then Toxic. Toxic is for baiting out usual switches in, like Rotom-W, non-Refresh Altaria, Slowbro, and other Landorus. And while Rocky Helmet means no Leftovers, this really helps you punish VoltTurn, as a lot of U-Turners don't like residual damage on them, as they usually lack Leftovers recovery, and this helps wittle them down as I switch in, allowing me sweep easier with other teammates. Of course, Landorus needs as much HP as it can can to continue to switch into these Pokemon, so Wish support is needed.
But other than that, this has served me to decent success, sometimes I miss the Leftovers recovery, or the ability to run Knock Off, but Rocky Helmet and Toxic really help out a lot too, as it is a nice lure for Pokemon that would otherwise trouble my team.

Last edited:

Thundurus @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Flying
- Focus Blast

This is an awesome set, and the coverage is great. I might also suggest slashing in Nasty Plot over Thunder Wave. Not only does it lure in the typical counters like Celebi and Amoongus, but now you flat-out OHKO/2HKO them, and still retain a ton of useful coverage between Thunderbolt and Focus Blast. This set can also double as an awesome wall breaker against Stall teams lacking an Unaware user (which is only the really bad ones).

+2 252 SpA Thundurus Hidden Power Flying vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Amoonguss: 458-540 (106 - 125%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Thundurus Hidden Power Flying vs. 252 HP / 220+ SpD Celebi: 282-332 (69.8 - 82.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+2 252 SpA Thundurus Hidden Power Flying vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Venusaur: 326-386 (89.5 - 106%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
This is an awesome set, and the coverage is great. I might also suggest slashing in Nasty Plot over Thunder Wave. Not only does it lure in the typical counters like Celebi and Amoongus, but now you flat-out OHKO/2HKO them, and still retain a ton of useful coverage between Thunderbolt and Focus Blast.

+2 252 SpA Thundurus Hidden Power Flying vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Amoonguss: 458-540 (106 - 125%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Thundurus Hidden Power Flying vs. 252 HP / 220+ SpD Celebi: 282-332 (69.8 - 82.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+2 252 SpA Thundurus Hidden Power Flying vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Venusaur: 326-386 (89.5 - 106%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
Just sayin, Amoonguss never runs 0 SpDef.

This is truly a great set, I used it at the end of XY OU, and the amount of surprise kills it gets is simply amazing, considering how much Clefable is used now it's even better, but I must ask, is Expert Belt really that useful over Life Orb? With life orb you get to ohko 240/0 Azumarill 100% of times without Stealth Rocks, Defensive Landorus-therian with SR and intimidate factored in, 2hkoing 100% of times 252/252+ Magic Guard Clefable with a combination of Ice/Thunderpunch and Poison Jab later (leftovers considered), and other stuff I can't really remember atm, sure one of the four moves he has gives the LO away, but is that really terrible? I would say that the true surprise factor is the Speed and the "diverse" moveset Conke has.
You make great points and I think LO is worth it. Will edit the calcs and set ;_;

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Focus Blast

Okay, continuing my streak of horrible lures, we have Focus Blast Clefable. The main purpose of this set is to lure in CM Clefable's #1 counter, Heatran. After getting to +1, your opponent will switch in their Heatran to Roar you out or Taunt you. However, if SR is up, you can 2HKO Heatran with Focus Blast, provided that you can hit two in a row. It doesn't even matter if you only hit 1, since Heatran will be too weak to wall you next time Clefable comes in.

+1 0 SpA Clefable Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 192+ SpD Heatran: 180-214 (46.7 - 55.5%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 176 HP / 76 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Claw
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp
Honestly it isnt viable but its something fun and interesting just wanted to put it out their :]
Zard is a 50/50 pokemon you play one way against y I made a set so that I lure my 3 counters 1. Lati twins after seeing fire blast on a normal zard they switch into lati expecting that I am y that way i catch latis and kill it. 2. Ttar and Lando - tar gets will-Oed and lando gets 3hkod being defensive and 2hkod being offensive I still get my catch and zard comes out happily.

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 192 HP / 48 SpA / 252 SpD / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Knock Off
Everyone should expect mew to be a stallbreaker set at this point mainly heatran would be switched in this set lets me 2hko and still do what it does roost will-0 stall without taunt lets me get toxiced and spored but I still wanted to showoff this set and has provined to be one of the best lures i had seen so far. Mons like lum sharp and zard x still get 2hkod.

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Rush

I think Zard-Y is likely to be better at going mixed than Zard-X, as thanks to Drought, Zard-Y has a lot more initial power than Zard-X, and with the standard moveset of fire move/Solar Beam/Focus Blast/Roost, has a limited number of safe switchins, and is a monstrous wallbreaker. Dragon Dance suddenly allows Zard-Y to outspeed the whole unboosted metagame, making it very difficult to revenge kill without one or more priority users. A +1 Dragon Rush hits the Lati twins harder than Dragon Pulse, and OHKOes them with a little prior damage. Common checks to Zard-Y on offensive and balanced teams, such as Scarfed Landorus-T are easily OHKOed by Fire Blast, as are most of the new Mega Pokemon (Gallade, Metagross, Lopunny etc.). While this set is now walled by the usual targets of Focus Blast, mainly Heatran and Tyranitar, and needs more team support than the common Mega Charizard-Y set, the surprise value and ability to switch around the set's usual checks and counters gives DD Mega Charizard-Y value as a lure.

+1 4 Atk Mega Charizard Y Dragon Rush vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latios: 270-318 (90.3 - 106.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Dragon Pulse vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Latios: 198-234 (66.2 - 78.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+1 4 Atk Mega Charizard Y Dragon Rush vs. 72 HP / 0 Def Latias: 244-288 (76.4 - 90.2%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T in Sun: 378-445 (118.4 - 139.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO (at +1, outspeeds Scarfed Landorus-T)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)