Hidden OU (Final reveal pg. 17)

I just want to say, right now, that if Mega Heracross ends up with any ability other than Skill Link or Technician, you officially fail at flavour. I mean, it has freakin' hand cannons, for crying out loud!

EV

Banned deucer.
I just want to say, right now, that if Mega Heracross ends up with any ability other than Skill Link or Technician, you officially fail at flavour. I mean, it has freakin' hand cannons, for crying out loud!
I read that and all I saw was "Give it Mega Launcher."

I actually don't remember what's lined up for it.

I would give it Mega Launcher if there were Physical-based Pulse moves and Heracross learned any of them. Reason behind Technician would be to boost its arsenal of multi-hit moves, just like Skill Link does.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways

He already knows what hes gonna do and hes not telling us ima go cry now. Actually i love the thought of more abilities this meta is fun nnnnggghhhhhh

honestly, hydreigon could have parental bond out of all things. Sheer force also makes sense, however.

Reactions: EV

EV

Banned deucer.
I would give it Mega Launcher if there were Physical-based Pulse moves and Heracross learned any of them. Reason behind Technician would be to boost its arsenal of multi-hit moves, just like Skill Link does.
It only got all those multi-hit moves to abuse Skill Link, not the other way around. It's just like how Blastoise was given other pulse moves retroactively for Mega Launcher. In my eyes, the essence of Heracross exists before Skill Link.

No Guard looks fitting, since it's a beetle good at close combat. Lightning Rod for ultimate lols, but I've already distributed that enough (with a few more yet to come iirc.) And it could always retain an ability of the base forme like Moxie or Guts. We'll see.

EV

Banned deucer.
Double.

TheMantyke must be a Mind Reader, because his Wish about event moves is coming true!

Some Pokemon are going to get event moves according to Farfetch'd. Whether or not they will have restrictions with their nature/ability isn't known yet. When I find out the details I'll post them ASAP.

I also received another page of leaks:

Reading over the OP list, the biggest thing that leapt out at me, aside from the crapmons stuff and the obviously hilariously powerful stuff (eg Huge Power Ludicolo), was actually Swift Swim Garchomp. It's so fast that in Rain it doesn't need any Speed investment to outrun almost everything in the game, barring Choice Scarf or their own Speed-boosting Ability like Unburden -seriously, it handily clears Greninja's Speed when Greninja has maxed Speed EVs and a Speed-increasing Nature. I think literally the only Pokemon that pulls ahead of it on pure stats is Deoxys Speed, and only with a Speed boosting Nature!

So basically Rain team Garchomp can just flat-out ignore Speed EVs and go for bulk or mixed offense. Yikes.

who wan'ts Draco Sceptile there are much better options inferno, mud shot, ancient power, or possibly even Frost Breath(that effective base 135 ice coverage).
other options are charge beam.
parabolic charge and draining kiss
Acid Spray could be evil
Storm throw would be good for going mixed

Last edited:

EV

Banned deucer.
When you visit the Mega Shrine, you can teach a Pokemon holding a mega stone a new move it normally can't learn as long as that move is known somewhere in your party.

Venusaur: Aromatherapy
Charizard: Blue Flare
Blastoise: Slack Off
Pidgeot: Aeroblast
Alakazam: Superpower
Slowbro: Rock Polish
Gengar: Parting Shot
Gyarados: Fire/Thunder Fang
Scizor: Drill Run
Houndoom: Night Daze
Tyranitar: King's Shield (tyrant stole the king's shield, deal with it)
Sceptile: Sleep Powder
Blaziken: U-turn
Swampert: Gunk Shot
Gardevoir: Baby-Doll Eyes
Sableye: Phantom Force
Metagross: Heavy Slam
Latias: Guard Swap
Latios: Power Swap
Lopunny: Volt Tackle
Garchomp: Aqua Jet
Lucario: Storm Throw
Abomasnow: Earth Power
Gallade: Play Rough
Audino: Nuzzle

There will also be an event where the genies can learn Wish and Mind Reader. They must be Jolly, however.

When you visit the Mega Shrine, you can teach a Pokemon holding a mega stone a new move it normally can't learn as long as that move is known somewhere in your party.

Slowbro: Rock Polish
Gyarados: Fire/Thunder Fang
Scizor: Drill Run
Houndoom: Night Daze
Tyranitar: King's Shield (tyrant stole the king's shield, deal with it)
Sceptile: Sleep Powder
Blaziken: U-turn
Swampert: Gunk Shot
Gardevoir: Baby-Doll Eyes
Sableye: Phantom Force
Metagross: Heavy Slam
Latias: Guard Swap
Latios: Power Swap
Lopunny: Volt Tackle
Lucario: Storm Throw
Abomasnow: Earth Power
Gallade: Play Rough
Audino: Nuzzle

There will also be an event where the genies can learn Wish and Mind Reader. They must be Jolly, however.
Any other events? Hoping for mons with transfer-only moves like Sucker Punch / Vacuum Wave Mew

Not bad. Now it can be used as a cleric I suppose.

Hm.... This seems like a very nice addition.

Proper recovery. That's more like it.

Well, now it has this or Hurricane to rely on. Getting more
options never hurts.

:] Tis looks fun.

...Hory Shee... Now this is the best event move of them all.
Now it has a switch move. :] :]

Now he has priority. Makes him even more solid with SS.

Reactions: EV

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
Venusaur-wait..it doesn't get aromatherapy O.o
Charizard: better then fire blast still not enough for zard Y to be OU material since its shafted ability
Blastoise: i dont even have to comment on this. cheapo sums it up nicely
Pidgeot: much better since pidgeots noguard was shafted for the much better gale wings so less missing is definitely a bonus.
Alakazam: zam seriously sounds like a monster. 150/175/150 offensive stats with amazing moves...yeah...might even be a bit too good.
Slowbro: ..flavorwise i guess it makes sense..polishing its tail...but...generally too slow to make use.
Gengar: again, cheapo summed this up nicely too, gar can run a choice set that can help assist in setting up definatly a good addition.
Gyarados: tbh, i dont see why it doesnt get these naturally, good addition due to them being slightly stronger then EQ.
Scizor: Coverage is nice i guess....
Houndoom: not much to say other then accuracy drops can help snag another plot.
Tyranitar: Well...he DOES look a bit like godzilla...helps it take some non 4x weak hits.
Sceptile: Hello sleep move. basically, special breloom now with more speed.
Blaziken: good lord. you couldve given it headsmash...i guess...choice banded sets can u-turn out...i guess?
Swampert: hooray a move it will never use!
Gardevoir: hooray a move it will never use!
Sableye: hooray a move it will never use!
Metagross: hooray a move it will use!(silly eevee giving it a ability with no way of abusing it ;])
Latias: hooray a move it will never use!
Latios: good for swapping Draco Drops i guess.
Lopunny: ...does it even get wild charge? why would you give it THAT?
Garchomp: hooray priority it will never use!(seriously, with swift swim, and unstabbed, it wont hit nearly as hard as you think, and chomp would much rather have aqua tail or stone edge for coverage. plus its still pretty fast. 91 isn't that bad.
Lucario: hooray a move it will never use!
Abomasnow: hooray a pokemon you will never use!
Gallade: hooray a move it will rarely use!
Audino: I...guess it can use it? being able to paralyze stuff will be nice with unaware OR magic guard really.

So something like this?

Slowbro
w/ Slowbronite
Bold
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA ( Not sure about iv's or nature, you guys decide )
Rock Polish
Calm Mind
Scald
Psychic / Psyshock / Flamethrower / Fire Blast

RP up first, then calm mind. Scald there to burn stuff and calm mind ups your SpA and SpDef sky high.
Heck, a set of Rest / Sleep Talk / Calm Mind / Scald could work as well

I think we're just lucky that Mega Slowbro wasn't given Stored Power as its event move.

Edit: Also Gardevoir should've gotten Earth Power imo. Just to make it even better at wallbreaking. And I'm sad about no Technician on either Mega Gardevoir or Sylveon.

So can we all agree that mega slowbro is getting quick-banded? i swear it might be a more centralizing force in ubers than primal groudon
sleep powder doesn't help sceptile much it lacks boosting moves

120 bp 100 acc move isn't bad off 145 attack
252+ Atk Metagross Meteor Mash(120) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Abomasnow: 594-698 (154.6 - 181.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Tough Claws Metagross Meteor Mash vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Abomasnow: 594-698 (154.6 - 181.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

compareable but in terms of coverage it is going to be lacking in power

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
So can we all agree that mega slowbro is getting quick-banded? i swear it might be a more centralizing force in ubers than primal groudon
sleep powder doesn't help sceptile much it lacks boosting moves
honestly, i think zam should be quickbanned before slowbro is even considered, mainly because its super slow to start, and zams mixed capability is rediculous, what walls this thing? it basically has 150/175/150 offensive stats, and yeah, priority demolishes it, but it can literally 2hkos almost every pokemon out there.

4 SpA Alakazam Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Skarmory: 190-224 (56.8 - 67%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Huge Power Alakazam Superpower vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 384-454 (59.8 - 70.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

4 SpA Alakazam Psychic vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Hippowdon: 207-244 (49.2 - 58%) -- 60.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Huge Power Mega Alakazam Superpower vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 276-326 (71.6 - 84.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

4 SpA Mega Alakazam Psychic vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Blastoise: 141-166 (38.9 - 45.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO.

and let us not forget, that zam can easily opt for naughty, or rash natures/investing in more spc attack, due to its speed already being very stellar. outspeeding positive base 130's. its wallbreaking power is just rediculous. depending on the moveset, nothing really can wall it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)