IM NOT DEAD! - Seaco's Art

The Nuzlocke Comic is at the bottom of the page!

link down to the first chapter of the Nuzlocke

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/oras-nuzlocke-comic-time-seacos-art.3514775/#post-5873930

My name is Seaco and this is my art thread. I haven't done much on Smogon since I joined, just some drawings for tournaments, but that changes now. My ultimate goal is to get that art badge. I want it. Seriously though, I hope to not only develop my art but teach you all about other cool things I like. At some point I hope to upload some machine shop work I do and hopefully some contemporary stuff as well. I look forward to getting super good at logos, drawing and design!

It got changed to purple later on but I still like the pink

made for the playboy lopunnys

made for nugget bridge

Untitled
48 x 48 Oil on Board

Untitled
Oil on Canvas

Bone Tree
Clay, stone, animal bones

Last edited:

MiniArchitect

Detail Disoriented
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I've definitely seen some of these logos around before, so its good to finally see who they came from! Most of these look very clean and well-thought-out; the Playboy Lopunnys is simple but effective, and the Outside The Box is clever too. One critique I might give is that for the Black City Phantoms image, the whole background seems to be somewhat stagnant; having both the text and the skyline consist of a single color each makes them somewhat dull. Perhaps add some details to give it some dimensionality, such as white spaces to indicate windows in the skyscrapers, or highlights within the text? The beveled text in the foreground is a good example maybe try to do something similar with the background text.

As for the contemporary work, you have talent with oil painting. There's a variety of colors used to indicate highlights and shadows, and we can get a good impression of the emotions expressed by the subjects of your paintings. Kudos to you for that, because that can be very difficult to achieve! If I had to offer some critique, its that for the Oil on Canvas painting, there appear to be some discolorations around the outline of the figure, perhaps where the background paint wasn't applied as smoothly or was smudged. Also, there don't appear to be any shadows under her elbows where her arms are resting; a minor complaint, but still worth noting.

Overall your artwork is very creative and interesting, and it's good to see that you want to continue to contribute and inform us about yourself through your work. Your enthusiasm is evident, so I can't wait to see what more you have in store for us!

Yes, the contemporary painting is supposed to have the somewhat distorted backgrond and yes there is no shadow intentionally.

I made this awhile ago, messing around with colours and painting styles. I still can't find a background that fits. Fun fact: I made this just before vgc nats, in the hopes that if I won I'd write a team report and use this artwork. We all get a little ahead of ourselves though, I didn't even come close to winning.

Last edited:

This was something I did

Do I take requests? ummm... sure? It might not be good or I might not even end up doing it, depends on my schedule.
If you end up not doing it because of RL stuff I totally understand : D I would love a drawing of Sneasel (I am making a candy themed PU team and Sneasel is nicknamed snickers, if you can do something with that great, if not great~)

So I made you a sweet (haha pun intended) Sneasle drawing...

It's Betty White from the Snickers commercial... as a Sneasle... saying the catchphrase

It's a bit quirkier than my other stuff, so I hope you like it. If not Betty White is always around.

So I made you a sweet (haha pun intended) Sneasle drawing...

It's Betty White from the Snickers commercial... as a Sneasle... saying the catchphrase

It's a bit quirkier than my other stuff, so I hope you like it. If not Betty White is always around.
I appreciate both of them. Thank you :)

It's been forever since i uploaded anything. But school and stuff, urghhh why do you take me away from this fun stuff? This isn't pokemon related at all but just something I did for fun.

There's another version which I'm still making so that will go up soon as well

In honour of the original nuzloke's game, a new comic for a new game!

The above contains sensitive language, keep away from children. Follow ups soon to come.

Last edited:

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
there's always something exciting about a new nuzlocke run... i have a soft spot for them :)

great stuff. your contemporary work is crazy!! keep up the good work

For those of you that don't know, Assurance does double damage if the target has already taken damage that turn.

Last edited:

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I am enjoying these way more than I expected. The Wally battle where you huddled up before and popped a wheelie afterwards are stellar highlights.

These are absolutely hilarious and I hope you finish the series at some point, or else I'll be very sad. Your other work is a delight as well, especially the logos and that ultra dynamic Mienfoo doodle.

A few things to address. Firstly, thank you to everyone who's been giving me positive feedback, it really makes me want to keep going. Secondly, I plan to be releasing a new "chapter" once a week on the weekend as it's when I finally have the time to work on this. Finally, I know Flannery doesn't have a Kecleon, I just wanted to get the flow of the comic right so I moved the battle from a gym grunt to the leader. Also there is nothing wrong with bears, they are very nice people.
P.S. Sorry to Da Bomb, I never got to develop your character and you got so few scenes, you're really annoying to draw because of all the parts and I'm lazy
P.S.S Sorry for all the spelling mistakes and general ignorance on my part.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)