The Smog Awards 2014: Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Will they only show the winner and the runner up, or can we expect a top three or maybe four?

I do hope a few of my LC friends can take out some prizes.

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
"User most likely to wear their Smogon t-shirt on a date"
Layell just checking have you and pom done this yet

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
skylight and frizy share a single large hoodie that is naturally unappealing to the figure

meanwhile princessofmusic and I went to an official Pokemon ORAS event with matching Smogon shirts.

You may have nommed skylight, and that is nice give her at least a chance. But by no means must you also throw away a vote.

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
layell you're just unappealing

BOOM NOW SHOTS FINALLY ARE FOR REALS FIRED.

(no srsly tho, I don't want to win given I came up with the category lol)

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
the fifty thousand likes my photo had say otherwise. though for technicalities you do actually have a shirt so you deserve to win. i will cheer you on rival :)

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
skylight and frizy share a single large hoodie that is naturally unappealing to the figure

meanwhile princessofmusic and I went to an official Pokemon ORAS event with matching Smogon shirts.

You may have nommed skylight, and that is nice give her at least a chance. But by no means must you also throw away a vote.
is the hoodie so large they can both wear it at the same time?

antemortem

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
There's so many categories. voting for someone in a good portion of them was somewhat difficult, and time-consuming, but I'm pretty sure the people I put down are actually decent picks for their respective categories. not much else to say, wouldn't wanna spoil keke

Man I had kind of wanted to make this thread but Bummer talked me out of it ughghg cri

Anyway, in case anyone nominates a 3D model/render or a non-spriter for the Sprite/Spriter category, that nomination will be vetoed. 3D models are like virtual sculptures and not to be mistaken with 2D sprites, which tend to be small and are designed with a low colour count. Sadly, a lot of people mix this up on the web.

I'm pushing fleurdyleurse for Most Improved User. Retired or not, she's a cool cat and totally deserves it postmortem. ♥

I'm really torn between fleur and unfixable as most improved users haha, both of them have improved a LOT.
edit: also unun and mysteria can someone like permaban three of them so it's easier for me to pick ;-;
I'm not sure how strictly the joke thing is enforced, let's hope not TOO strictly because seeing chaos as 'Most Promising New User' twice in a row would be pretty hilarious...
A lot of the categories are overlapping and really hard to appropriately judge, but I guess I'll do my best lol

Last edited:

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
/clears throat

is there any way to go back and edit our ballot? I'm thinking of lots of stuff after the fact and I left tons blak lol
^^^ this

Also I think we can all agree that like montsegur or someone will end up as most promising new user

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)