Gen 6 Victim of the Week - ORAS Edition (Week 14 - 3 Attacks Mewtwo-Mega-X)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yohoE

I'm jus Here for da memes r wateva dem shits called
Thank you everybody for your entries once again! This week we move on to another one of the hardest Pokemon to check!

Week 9: The incredibly annoying Darkrai!

Darkrai @ Life Orb
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Void
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Sludge Bomb
Also this week I'm going to try out something new. At the end of your vote I'd like you guys to vote on the next VotW. The Pokemon you may vote on this week include: Diancie-Mega, Life Orb Mewtwo and Life Orb Yveltal. Thank you and good luck! :D

Aberforth

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers Leader
Reserving Ho-oh.

Fine. Reserving Primal Kyogre as a check.

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

It can come in on any of darkrai's moves, and OHKO it with scald. If Darkrai puts the great whale to sleep, with sleep talk you have a 7/9 chance to at least 2hko it (scald ohkos, ice beam is a 2hko), while it struggles to 3hko you unboosted. What's more, with rest, you can recover your health and continue checking this and other things more than just once.

Here's some calcs to prove:

252 SpA Life Orb Darkrai Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Primal Kyogre: 117-138 (28.9 - 34.1%) -- 2.2% chance to 3HKO
252+ SpA Primal Kyogre Scald vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Darkrai in Heavy Rain: 301-355 (106.7 - 125.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Primal Kyogre Ice Beam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Darkrai: 151-178 (53.5 - 63.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Still a 3hko with Bad Dreams according to the calc.

252 SpA Life Orb Darkrai Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Primal Kyogre: 117-138 (28.9 - 34.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Bad Dreams

What makes this better than Ho-oh is the fact that this isn't weak to rocks, which would hamper the ho-oh severely.

This is a check though, not a counter, because if it nasty plots on the switch in, you have to enter a 50/50 of whether to attack or go for sleep talk.

Also, my vote for next week is life orb mewtwo, because the coin landed on tails.

Last edited:
klef reserve haha

e:

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- Play Rough
- Spikes

klefkis typing allows it to resist darkris stab and makes it immune to sludge bomb, using klefki is quite simple. if a pokemon on your team is already asleep klef is a superb switch in takin minimal damage from d pulse and prankster twaving it. once darkrai is para'd proceed to play rough or lay spikes for hazard support, toxic for hitting ground types that like to switch into klefki. also checks xerneas yveltal cm arceus fairy/dark and lati@s quite easily. can stop a salamence sweep with twave and can spread status/ lay hazards for free when in on mons like lugia.​

Last edited:
Tyranitar - counter (once something has been slept)

Tyranitar @ Leftovers / Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Payback

Darkrai is almost impossible to truly check/counter with one mon since it has Dark Void, so I'm assuming that it has already put something on my team to sleep and then I switch Ttar in.

Tyranitar's life has only gotten harder with the introduction of Primal Groudon and Kyogre, but it still manages to find its way on to a fair number of teams due to Sand Stream and its defensive capabilities. Ttar can check a wide array of threats courtesy of its typing, including Ho-Oh, Yveltal, Darkrai, MMY, Gengar, and Lati@s. Darkrai's Dark Pulse barely scratches Ttar even after a Nasty Plot and Stone Edge delivers a 2HKO.

+2 252 SpA Life Orb Darkrai Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 83-99 (20.5 - 24.5%) -- guaranteed 5HKO
4 Atk Tyranitar Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Darkrai: 153-180 (54.4 - 64%)

Vote for next week: Mega Diancie

Last edited:
Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP/252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Sleep TAlk
- Aromatherapy

Well it can switchin in to a predicted dpulse and then ohko back. However you should be weary of sludge bomb, as it can ohko and 2hko without any boosts, meaning you should always be carefull about switching in. You can also switch in to absorb dark voids, something usefull as there is a 1/3 chance u can kill it next turn with sleep talk. The risk factor of sludebomb means that this is a check not a counter, as it can 2hko without any boosts.

+2 252 SpA Life Orb Darkrai Dark Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Xerneas: 177-209 (45 - 53.1%) -- 32.8% chance to 2HKO
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Darkrai Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Xerneas: 533-629 (135.6 - 160%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Darkrai Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Xerneas: 268-317 (68.1 - 80.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Reserving Ho-oh.

Fine. Reserving Primal Kyogre as a check.

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

It can come in on any of darkrai's moves, and OHKO it with scald. If Darkrai puts the great whale to sleep, with sleep talk you have a 7/9 chance to at least 2hko it (scald ohkos, ice beam is a 2hko), while it struggles to 3hko you unboosted. What's more, with rest, you can recover your health and continue checking this and other things more than just once.

Here's some calcs to prove:

252 SpA Life Orb Darkrai Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Primal Kyogre: 117-138 (28.9 - 34.1%) -- 2.2% chance to 3HKO
252+ SpA Primal Kyogre Scald vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Darkrai in Heavy Rain: 301-355 (106.7 - 125.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Primal Kyogre Ice Beam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Darkrai: 151-178 (53.5 - 63.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

What makes this better than Ho-oh is the fact that this isn't weak to rocks, which would hamper the ho-oh severely.

This is a check though, not a counter, because if it nasty plots on the switch in, you have to enter a 50/50 of whether to attack or go for sleep talk.

Also, my vote for next week is life orb mewtwo, because the coin landed on tails.
I think you may have forgotten Bad Dreams, which deals 12.5% per turn and makes P Ogre a much shakier check if it gets slept. If Kyogre switches into SR it will lose on average.

Turn 1: Darkrai Dark Void, Ogre switches into SR (12.5%) + Bad Dreams (12.5%) -> 75% HP
Turn 2: Darkrai Dark Pulse (avg 31.5%), Ogre Sleep Talks Ice Beam or Rest + Bad Dreams (12.5%) -> 31% HP

Reserving Mega Mawile

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Pain Split

Mega Mawile doesn't care about whatever Darkrai does except Dark Void and can OHKO back with Play Rough. Iron Head is a secondary STAB move to defeat fairies such as Xerneas. Sucker Punch allows Mega Mawile to KO faster threats such as Mewtwo and Lati@s while Pain Split allows Mega Mawile to replenish it's health due to its low base HP.

Calculations:
252 SpA Life Orb Darkrai Dark Pulse vs. 248 HP / 244 SpD Mega Mawile: 71-86 (23.4 - 28.3%) -- 90.8% chance to 4HKO
16+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Darkrai: 492-582 (174.4 - 206.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Yeah, I just noticed and I have removed it, sorry about that.
Anyways, Arceus-Normal as a Check

Arceus @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake / Shadow Claw
- Magic Coat

Let me start by saying that this set (moves, Item, and EV spread) it a little it awkward, but it is meant for a more offensive team, and can do many strange things at the same time. If you lead against Darkrai, you can try to bounce back his Dark Void and then take it from there, but if you switch in on it, like you normally would do, then you can just do the same granted you still had the Lum Berry intact. Otherwise, if he attacks or sets up the turn you come in, you can still set up to +2 and kill, regardless if he attacks or tries to put you to sleep. Worst case scenario, Arceus can still severely damage Darkrai in the progress with E-Speed if necessary or if you are don't know if The Darkrai has a Sash or not.

As I said, this is a lead. It anti leads Deo-S very well, but plays mindgames against Deo-A. He can completely catch a Greninja or Scolipede off guard, or even set up on them. He can make pokes who gets Magic Bounce after mega evolving having a hard time, because he can set up on Diancie's Protect, or bounce back a 'Wisp from Sableye. This Arceus can beat many supportceuses because he can both bounce back and absorb (only) one 'Wisp from them, before hitting them hard back. EQ is the preferred coverage as only Ghostceus and Girtina's are not stopped by it, but it handles Arceus-Rock fairly well, which means this thing paris well with Ho-Oh. Against Lugia, he can either bounce back the Toxic or Whirlwind, but there's not much else he can do, other than playing mindgames. If a Clefable carries Toxic, you can easily bounce that back and cause troubble that way, or if it carries Moonblast, just have let a teammate handle it (like that Ho-Oh I mentioned earlier). Sadly, Yveltal still beats this thing easily.

The EV's are for outspeeding Adamant Rayquaza and also creeping up to Max speed base 90's (mainly un-evolved Lucario), with max attack and the rest in mixed bulk. This Arceus lacks some power, but he can still revenge kill, sweep and put the opponent at a major disadvantage throughout the match.

Note that Even if Dark Void hits your Magic Coat, it still only has a 85% chance of hitting Darkrai back, which means that it only has a 72,25% chance of putting the opposing Darkrai to sleep. (Same goes for Will-O-Wisps.) With Toxic, it is 81%.
252+ Atk Arceus Extreme Speed vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Darkrai: 148-175 (52.4 - 62%) (You can also factor in Darkrai's LO recoil here)

252 SpA Life Orb Darkrai Dark Pulse vs. 132 HP / 4 SpD Arceus: 149-177 (35.9 - 42.7%)
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Darkrai Dark Pulse vs. 132 HP / 4 SpD Arceus: 298-352 (71.9 - 85%)

252 SpA Life Orb Darkrai Focus Blast vs. 132 HP / 4 SpD Arceus: 299-354 (72.2 - 85.5%

Lives every hit even with SR on his side.

Last edited:

slayer (Gyarados-Mega) @ Gyaradosite

Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Atk / 248 SpD
Careful Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Waterfall
- Crunch

Thanks to this moveset Gyarados-Mega can take on Darkrai easily: it can take a Dark Void and attack with Sleep Talk. Waterfall is a solid STAB that can almost 2HKO Darkrai without the need of investment in Attack, and Crunch is a solid STAB too which is basically there for Lati@s (OHKO / 2HKO with 8 investment in Attack).​

n.b: +1 on latis = soul dew
slayer v darkrai

8 Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Waterfall vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Darkrai: 139-165 (49.2 - 58.5%) -- 98% chance to 2HKO
8 Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Waterfall vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Darkrai: 139-165 (49.2 - 58.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

darkrai v slayer

252 SpA Life Orb Darkrai Dark Pulse vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Gyarados: 52-62 (13.2 - 15.7%) -- possible 7HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Darkrai Dark Pulse vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Gyarados: 52-62 (13.2 - 15.7%) -- possible 6HKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Life Orb Darkrai Sludge Bomb vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Gyarados: 79-94 (20.1 - 23.9%) -- guaranteed 5HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Darkrai Sludge Bomb vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Gyarados: 79-94 (20.1 - 23.9%) -- 50.7% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock

slayer v dragons

8 Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Crunch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latios: 306-362 (101.3 - 119.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
8 Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Crunch vs. 248 HP / 252 Def Latias: 216-254 (59.5 - 69.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

dragons v slayer

+1 252 SpA Latios Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Gyarados: 192-226 (48.8 - 57.5%) -- 94.9% chance to 2HKO
+1 252 SpA Latios Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Gyarados: 192-226 (48.8 - 57.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

+1 8 SpA Latias Dragon Pulse vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Gyarados: 91-108 (23.1 - 27.4%) -- 61.7% chance to 4HKO
+1 8 SpA Latias Dragon Pulse vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Gyarados: 91-108 (23.1 - 27.4%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Stealth Rock

tl;dr gyarados is good

Image coming soon :)

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 136 Spe / 248 HP / 32 Def / 96 SpD
Bold / Impish Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm / Heal Bell
- Toxic
- Protect / Heal Bell

I created this set to beat Darkrai.
Moonblast OHKOs, the other moves are only for supporting the team.
Diamond Storm can help KOing Ho-Oh.
Magic Bounce is the MOST important thing to counter Darkrai: If a stupid Darkrai player choose to use Dark Void, switch in Diancie-Mega and bounce Dark Void back to Darkrai (and let it sleep, haha).
Even if your opponent anticipate your (obvious) switch in, Darkrai won't hurt you much thanks to the EVs.
136 Spe is just enough to outspeed 90 BS without positive nature like Adamant Rayquaza.
96 SpD to don't be 2HKOed by Sludge Bomb after SR (the role of Magic Bounce is mostly to don't let your opponent set SR up).
The rest goes in Defense to better take physical hits.

0 SpA Diancie Moonblast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Darkrai: 338-398 (119.8 - 141.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Life Orb Darkrai Sludge Bomb vs. 248 HP / 92 SpD Diancie: 110-131 (36.3 - 43.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock

Edit: You cannot avoid the 3HKO, even with max HP/SpD.
Diancie can also take +2 Sludge Bomb and KO back.

Last edited:
MMY (offensive check)

Mega Mewtwo Y @ Mewtwonite Y
Trait: Insomnia
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Psystrike
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast

I don't need to explain how it works I guess, Mewtwo can switches on any of Darkrai's move (bar Dark Pulse, that smashes it), and then process to force it out with Focus Blast that cleanly OHKOs Darkrai in case for whatever reason it decides to stay in. Also, Insomnia is nice to switch-in on Dark Void well, as it works even if it's still in its regular form (it will immediately wake up when it mega evolves).

Mr.378

The Iron Man of Ubers
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
My Favorite Bird:

Big Red Fuck Off Bird (Ho-Oh) @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Atk / 52 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk

Ho-Oh can tank any attack Darkrai throws at it and kill it with a STAB attack easily. If it dark voids then you just sleep talk to win. Life Orb over Choice Band because I don't like locking in on attacks on Ho-oh, even though here it doesn't particularly matter. The EVs are standard amongst most Ho-Oh sets.

I'm new to this so tell me if I do anything wrong ppl :P

Reserving M - Lucario ( if someone didn't already )

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Tail
- Bullet Punch
- Ice Punch / Sleep Talk

Lucqrio is able to come into any attack (bar Dark Void) and OHKO back with Close Combat. Darkrai' only move capable of hitting it is a 3HKO. Suppose you come into Dark Void (sad as that may be), you can use Sleep Talk (correct me if Lucario doesn't learn this.) and have a chance of using Close Combat and OHKOing him.

252 Atk Adaptability Mega Lucario Close Combat vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Darkrai: 620-732 (219.8 - 259.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Life Orb Darkrai Dark Pulse vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mega Lucario: 117-138 (41.6 - 49.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)