General Introduce yourself!

Hi, I am ksh13. I'm 14 years old and from Norway. I started playing Pokémon back in gen 4, and Heartgold was my first game. I got into competitive battling in X and Y through ShadyPenguinn (my favourite Poke-tuber btw, nope, it's aim now). I mostly play VGC, I played OU and UU quite a bit before, but I've just completely fallen in love with VGC. I just joined Smogon, and I hope I will chat a lot more with you guys.

PS: Since I am from Norway my english might not be perfect.

Last edited:
Hi, I am ksh13. I'm 14 years old and from Norway. I started playing Pokémon back in gen 4, and Heartgold was my first game. I got into competitive battling in X and Y through ShadyPenguinn (my favourite Poke-tuber btw). I mostly play VGC, I played OU and UU quite a bit before, but I've just completely fallen in love with VGC. I just joined Smogon, and I hope I will chat a lot more with you guys.

PS: Since I am from Norway my english might not be perfect.
Welcome to Smogon! If you have questions about the forums and how they work, feel free to PM me. :]

Hey there I'm Austin, and I'm from England, although I now live in Thailand. I've been lurking quite a bit, but have made a couple of teams. My favourite region is Sinnoh, and literally can't wait for the Diamond / Pearl remade (if this doesn't happen I will personally sue Game Freak). I'm 14 years old and am keen to contribute more with the forums. I can breed competitive pokemon, although sometimes aren't too successful with this. I overall love the game, and want to learn more and be an active member of this community. I'd like to play OU ORAS / XY, although anyone trying to help me will have to be patient as I may seem a bit of a noob :-l
Btw my favourite pokemon is Garchomp. Cynthia and her Garchomp are what made me fall in love with this game.

Hey there I'm Austin, and I'm from England, although I now live in Thailand. I've been lurking quite a bit, but have made a couple of teams. My favourite region is Sinnoh, and literally can't wait for the Diamond / Pearl remade (if this doesn't happen I will personally sue Game Freak). I'm 14 years old and am keen to contribute more with the forums. I can breed competitive pokemon, although sometimes aren't too successful with this. I overall love the game, and want to learn more and be an active member of this community. I'd like to play OU ORAS / XY, although anyone trying to help me will have to be patient as I may seem a bit of a noob :-l
Btw my favourite pokemon is Garchomp. Cynthia and her Garchomp are what made me fall in love with this game.
Hi! If you have any questions feel free to PM/VM me. Also, have you considered joining Battling 101?

Hi! If you have any questions feel free to PM/VM me. Also, have you considered joining Battling 101?
In the Summer I tried applying to it but was unsuccessful. Then school came haha. I just had no time but no I can made space ad time for it. I am thinking to apply for it. Thanks for noticing.

Hello. My name is John and I like Pokemon. I've been playing since I can remember and playing competitively since diamond and pearl. Took quite a break, and now I'm looking to battle more, meet new peeps and have fun.

Hello Smogon. My name is ShadowsDragon and I'm from Wales. I've liked Pokemon for a long time, don't really remember a time when I didn't play it, and I think Pokemon Crystal was the first one I played? Anyway I just learned about this site recently and I thought it would be nice to meet people and try out showdown, it looks really fun!

Hello. My name is John and I like Pokemon. I've been playing since I can remember and playing competitively since diamond and pearl. Took quite a break, and now I'm looking to battle more, meet new peeps and have fun.
Hi! It seems you've been here a while, but feel free to pm/vm me if you have questions~~

Hello Smogon. My name is ShadowsDragon and I'm from Wales. I've liked Pokemon for a long time, don't really remember a time when I didn't play it, and I think Pokemon Crystal was the first one I played? Anyway I just learned about this site recently and I thought it would be nice to meet people and try out showdown, it looks really fun!
Hi, welcome to smogon! If you have any questions pm/vm me, I'd be happy to answer them.

Hi there! I've actually been using Smogon for about two months, but for some reason I never actually got around to making my profile(derp). I've played pokemon for years, but I've only recently gotten into competitive play. Like most people here, I like anime, comics, and(obviously) Pokemon. So far, I've adapted pretty well to all the stuff here, as I played competitive Yu-Gi-Oh before this. I'm looking forward to my time here!

Hi there! I've actually been using Smogon for about two months, but for some reason I never actually got around to making my profile(derp). I've played pokemon for years, but I've only recently gotten into competitive play. Like most people here, I like anime, comics, and(obviously) Pokemon. So far, I've adapted pretty well to all the stuff here, as I played competitive Yu-Gi-Oh before this. I'm looking forward to my time here!

Heya :]. Do you have an area of interest so far?

Hello Smogon! I'm Jordan, age 18, American. I've only recently gotten into Pokemon, but the various technical aspects of the game have always fascinated me. I'm not even sure how I found Smogon, but it did slowly inspire me into battling online. (Not WiFi, since I do not currently have a 3DS.)

I've been playing RandBats, since the unpredictability holds a certain charm. In my brief stint on Showdown (as in, yesterday) I've notched a couple of hard-fought wins, several hard-fought losses, a couple of embarrassing 5-0 and 6-0 losses, a handful of quits, and two GeoXern near sweeps (although I needed another poke to finish the job. Seriously, why do they let you have Ledian and Xerneas on the same team?). It's been a blast, and I hope to improve my skills, namely that whole prediction mess. I have no idea how you guys anticipate switches or not-switches like I've seen. I also really want to understand how people customize their sets. I have a couple of team ideas, but they're mostly the cookie-cutter sets on the Strategy Dex and people's different ideas about how to use their Mons have fascinated me. I'm still pretty casual about battling, but I'd love to get better and get to know good people.

Hey, I'm new here. My Name Is Chris but you can call me Gabu, I'm 23 Years old and I'm looking to get into competitive Pokemon battling. I'm awful at pokemon though and I fear that playing this game competitively will be to difficult for me. I know how to breed perfect Pokemon but I don't know how to use them correctly. I'm not really sure which Moves, Abilities, and Items are even good. I basically lack all the important knowledge. So I came to this website to learn.

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
Hello Smogon! I'm Jordan, age 18, American. I've only recently gotten into Pokemon, but the various technical aspects of the game have always fascinated me. I'm not even sure how I found Smogon, but it did slowly inspire me into battling online. (Not WiFi, since I do not currently have a 3DS.)

I've been playing RandBats, since the unpredictability holds a certain charm. In my brief stint on Showdown (as in, yesterday) I've notched a couple of hard-fought wins, several hard-fought losses, a couple of embarrassing 5-0 and 6-0 losses, a handful of quits, and two GeoXern near sweeps (although I needed another poke to finish the job. Seriously, why do they let you have Ledian and Xerneas on the same team?). It's been a blast, and I hope to improve my skills, namely that whole prediction mess. I have no idea how you guys anticipate switches or not-switches like I've seen. I also really want to understand how people customize their sets. I have a couple of team ideas, but they're mostly the cookie-cutter sets on the Strategy Dex and people's different ideas about how to use their Mons have fascinated me. I'm still pretty casual about battling, but I'd love to get better and get to know good people.
Hey jordanthejq12!
No matter how you found Smogon, welcome! For predicting, try this guide. If you have any other questions, feel free to consult the Help form. Otherwise, have a good time!
Hey, I'm new here. My Name Is Chris but you can call me Gabu, I'm 23 Years old and I'm looking to get into competitive Pokemon battling. I'm awful at pokemon though and I fear that playing this game competitively will be to difficult for me. I know how to breed perfect Pokemon but I don't know how to use them correctly. I'm not really sure which Moves, Abilities, and Items are even good. I basically lack all the important knowledge. So I came to this website to learn.
Hi Gabukin!
Nice to meet you! Visit this guide for beginner's competitive to get the hang of the basics. You can also PM one of our mentors if you want some help improving your skills. Also, try out the StrategyDex for some insight into the best sets for Pokemon of each tier. If you have any questions, feel free to ask; have fun!

Also, if you guys could give your feedback, that would be awesome. We want to hear what you think!

xzern

for sure
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

hey jordan what's poppin, my home slice qB^)

If you're interested in moving away from the cookie-cutter strategy dex sets, you could always check out a respective tier forum's The Next Best Thing thread or the Creative Sets Thread. Over there, I just linked the OU versions of those projects, but most (if not all) of the tier subforums have something like this.
yo gabukin my radical skillet dawg qB^)

Since you're interested in competitive battling, you could always head over to the Competitive Discussion forum and browse the metagames and tiers of Smogon. Once you find one that's appealing, you could head over to B101 to talk to tutors that can help you with the tier or mentors to help with the community aspects of a tier.

Hello everyone I'm Jared, I'm 20 and this is my first time pretty much on Smogon this is literally my first post. I have been playing since Gen 1 but I've never done competitive battling or ev/iv training so I'm pretty darn new to this :) but I do have many Pokemon games under my belt but I don't know what else to say or where to go from here so all and any help will be deeply appreciated. :)

xzern

for sure
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello everyone I'm Jared, I'm 20 and this is my first time pretty much on Smogon this is literally my first post. I have been playing since Gen 1 but I've never done competitive battling or ev/iv training so I'm pretty darn new to this :) but I do have many Pokemon games under my belt but I don't know what else to say or where to go from here so all and any help will be deeply appreciated. :)
yo jared johnson, my main man bro sizzle qB^)

Since you seem confused in the vast array of Smogon, the Smogon Starters Hangout is a great place to start. You could check out the FAQ, where most of your initial questions should be answered. You could also check out this list, which provides an easy-to-digest condensed list of all the major subforums of Smogon and who moderates the forums. If you have any questions in general, you can feel free to PM me or any other one of the other mentors with "Start a Conversation" on our profiles.

QueBien

This is basically my first time actually participating in Smogon seriously.

So hi!
As Jared Johnson said, hi darkmario777!
If you need any help with anything, feel free to check out our Help form. Find some tiers and subforums you like, and get involved! Otherwise, just have a good time!

Hi, I'm That One Honduran (previously known as Darkaxis), I just want to get into Pokemon again since I took a year long hiatus, and I want to keep up with the times. Oh and I'm 16

antemortem

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
Hi, I'm That One Honduran (previously known as Darkaxis), I just want to get into Pokemon again since I took a year long hiatus, and I want to keep up with the times. Oh and I'm 16
hey there, welcome to Smogon. If you want to learn the basics of Pokemon as far as the new metagame goes (a lot changes in a year), just throw that in the help forum (click here to go to it) and you'll be squared away with a mentor asap! VM me if you have any questions, or respond here. whatever you're comfortable with.

QueBien

Hey That One Honduran!
Welcome to Smogon! Since you seem to know the basics of Pokemon, I would only advise you to PM a mentor if you want some help improving your competitive skills. Otherwise, have a great time!

PS, If you could give us your feedback, that would be great. Thanks!

:o 150 posts!

Hey, what's up. I'm chatter.

Returning ... I started around the Black and White, running rain teams and such. I still miss infinite weather.

Anyways, I'm 16. I really enjoy team building (Despite being bad at it) and unfortunately, stall is my main play style.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)