Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: can Sketched moves on Smeargle be bred down?
It's partly why the Field egg group is the easiest to breed stuff for. Need an egg move? Have a male Smeargle Sketch it. And since it only ever learns Sketch, it doesn't forget the moves you want to breed as easily when something else comes along that would like that move. Note however that Smeargle can't breed Sketched moves down to another Smeargle - it's only ever capable of learning Sketch outside of what it Sketches.

Bred a 29/0/31/31/31/31 Timid Gengar. Is there any way I can teach it sludge wave via breeding/tutor or something?? I don't have event Gengar..

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Bred a 29/0/31/31/31/31 Timid Gengar. Is there any way I can teach it sludge wave via breeding/tutor or something?? I don't have event Gengar..
Unfortunately, Sludge Wave is an event-only move for Gengar, so there is no way to teach your one it. I recommend finding this stuff out before you spend the time breeding so you aren't disappointed

Question regarding breeding:

If a genderless Pokemon caught in a fancy ball is bred with a Ditto, will the offspring inherit the ball?
No, the offspring will be in a regular Poké Ball. From Bulbapedia:
Male and genderless Pokémon (including Ditto) have no impact on the type of Poké Ball inherited; as such, when breeding a male or genderless Pokémon with Ditto (which is the only way to breed certain species), the offspring is always obtained in a standard Poké Ball.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So then Pentagon Quick Ball Metagross is illegal...

Never mind, forgot about the Friend Safari. But it would be very difficult to get one with good IVs.
Persistence pays:

Metagross - Jolly
30 | 30 | 26 | 27 | 31 | 31
6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
OT: Jake ID: 29329
Clear Body / Tough Claws
Meteor Mash / Ice Punch / Earthquake / Bullet Punch

SR by me on my copy of Y in the Friend Safari. Genderless Pokemon bred in plain old Pokeballs bore me, and SRing Legendaries is fun so why not try this? I only bothered because the Safari gives you 2 guaranteed 31s. Available at level [still training], also nicknameable. I have copies of the original Metang as well if you prefer.
Semi-Redis
Also, apart from the Friend Safari you can also DexNav chain for well IVd Pokemon. vzxt has a section of his trade thread dedicated to it! It's a great way to get genderless and male-only Pokemon in cool balls

cant say, that sounds AWFUL to catch. Metang has a catch rate of 3. Between Synchronize's 50% chance to fail, the 1/3 (or 1/2) odds of having Light Metal, Metang's horrible catch rate, and the high odds of having crummy IVs (with the good IVs in the wrong places), getting a competitive Quick Ball Metang seems horrible. Kudos to you for doing so, though!

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
cant say, that sounds AWFUL to catch. Metang has a catch rate of 3. Between Synchronize's 50% chance to fail, the 1/3 (or 1/2) odds of having Light Metal, Metang's horrible catch rate, and the high odds of having crummy IVs (with the good IVs in the wrong places), getting a competitive Quick Ball Metang seems horrible. Kudos to you for doing so, though!
Yeah to be honest I hadn't even considered the catch rate and chance at Light Metal when I planned it out, I just trained up a Xatu that could check for perfect speed and HP and just treated it like any other soft reset for legendaries. If I Thunder Waved first then I would just run from the battle, if I went second but Night Shade put it in yellow I would run, if I went second and Metang was still in the green then I would throw a tonne of Quick Balls at it. I actually would have settled for a lot less for personal use so this was pretty lucky!

The advantage to doing this in the Friend Safari is that everything is set at level 30 so you can accurately screen for good stats, whereas the DexNav has varying levels (and therefore, stats) so you just have to catch everything that has the 3 star potential and hope everything worked. The DexNav does have a LOT more variety when it comes to what you want to find though so there's that (and you get more than 2 guaranteed perfect stats at the higher levels)... I'm actually planning to do this for Golurk in the Safari too haha. vzxt already has a nice DexNav collection and has heaps planned for the future so I would recommend talking to him about that sorta stuff if you're interested

Hi guys ! This may not the place to ask this noob(ish) question but if M-Kanghaskan use solarbeam in the sun will it hit twice ?
Every attack that Mega Kangaskhan uses will hit twice, with the second hit being half as strong, thanks to Parental Bond. This includes moves requiring a turn to charge and Hyper Beam/Giga Impact. (it will still take just the next turn to recharge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)