Apprentice Program: Round Ninety Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Welcome to Round 92 of Battling 101. If you're seeking a tutor, you're in the right place. Read the rules carefully and fill out the signup template below.
  • You must be able to access IRC or Skype, or whatever your tutor wants as the primary form of communication. We have an IRC channel #battling101 for easy communication with most of the tutors.
  • You, the tutee, are responsible for setting up times with your tutor. Don't expect them to come to you. Take the initiative and post on their VM wall first. Additionally, please be patient if your tutor doesn't respond in the first 2-3 days.
  • Use the Tutee Talk forum to complain about your tutor (or praise them if they're doing a good job). These are no longer mandatory, but if your tutor is ridiculously inactive or is a complete jackass, COMPLAIN HERE. Nobody can see your tutee talk posts except for you and the Battling 101 Staff; everything is confidential.
  • Don't request tutors unless they have agreed to tutor you. Tutors: if you agree to take on that tutee, you may have to take two tutees depending on our matchup situation.
  • You may request priority if you were skipped in the previous two rounds, or if you had a ridiculously inactive tutor. Make it obvious in your signup thread that you are requesting it, otherwise we'll just glance over it when making pairings.
Fill out this form below, failure to fill out this form adequately means that Battling 101 Mods can ignore your signup post.

Username:
PO/PS! Username:
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
What tier do you want to learn?:
Tell us a little about yourself:
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?:
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
Example said:
Username: Steven Snype
PO/PS! Username: Andrew
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Tues, Fri 12 - 6 PM.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a baller that likes to play rugby and go to hackathons, but I'm pretty busy with stuff irl and often end up just sleeping through everything I need to go to.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes
The Blacklist (aka Battling 101 Detention)
You will be banned from signing up for future rounds if:

• You show poor activity over the course of a round (banned for 2 rounds)
  • You decide during the round that you do not wish to be tutored anymore, or you mistakenly sign up for a tier you thought was something else, and no longer wish to be tutored. This is most common when selecting Smogon Doubles / VGC, THEY ARE NOT THE SAME THING (banned for 2 rounds)
  • You show a lack of enthusiasm or you're consistently distracted by other things (banned for 1 or 2 rounds)
  • You fail to complete the tutor evaluation form that we will send out during the last week of the round (banned for 2 rounds)
  • You are annoying to deal with. This will vary from tutor to tutor. Some tutors don't like it when you talk back, argue with them, whine about hax, whine about sucking at Pokemon, or any version of the 'woe is me' attitude. Tutors get pissed at different things, so if they complain to us that you are exhibiting poor behavior, expect to be on the blacklist. (banned for 3 rounds)
Repeated offense of any of the situations above means you will have an extra round added to the regular ban. For example, if you show for a second round that you have poor activity, your ban will be 3 rounds. If you have been on the blacklist for three different instances, you will be EXPELLED from Battling 101 (perma-ban from signing up).

Epic Dialga 91-2
Lodeon 92-3
Blissful 92-3
Gamma Vector 92-3
ZachSmogonTrainer 92-3
Max Fightmaster 92-3
Air 92-3

tba

This round will end on Feb 18.

This thread will close after 60 amount of posts have been made to prevent a huge backlog of people requesting priority for the next round.

Last edited by a moderator:

leremyju

Banned deucer.
Username: Leremyju
PO/PS! Username: KORRAnation/leremyju respectively
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-8, 9-12 PM every day, all day Sunday, and maybe 5-9 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I live in Caliswag and go to a high school with the number one women's volleyball program!!!! I'm a guy, I like math, and I play like every single tier.

If possible would like to request either Reverb or Zamrock.

Malley

Dominachu
Username: Malley
PO/PS! Username: Malley v.1
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Mountain. Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays, Sundays, most of the day; other days, whenever I don’t have class.
What tier do you want to learn? ORAS OU, but anything’s good. VGC '15 would be cool as well.
Tell us a little about yourself: 21-year-old British guy, living in America. Been playing competitively for a couple of years – decent at LC and Ubers, kinda eh at other tiers.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype? Skype is good.
Do you understand how the blacklist words? Yes.

Last edited:
Username: martyrDOM
PO/PS! Username: HiI'mDom
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Available after 12 mon,wed, and fri, and after 6 on Tuesdays and Thursdays, mostly free all weekends.(EST time zone)
What tier do you want to learn?: I would like to learn the OU tier.
Tell us a little about yourself: My name is Dom and I've been competitive battling since gen 4 ( I'm 21 now). I really enjoy the game for fun and I'm also into cars and MMA. I'm currently going to school to be an engineer.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: yes I am able to use both
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes I understand how the blacklist works.

I would like to request that trc be my tutor, as he and I discussed this via Pm.

Username: TheWildStaraptor
PO/PS! Username: TheWildStaraptor (PS, don't use PO, though I could join if needed)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: US Central Time. 4 PM to 9 PM weekdays, all day weekend - though I don't spend all this time on pokemon, that's the time where I could fit it into my schedule if needed.
What tier do you want to learn?: Gen 6 OU (Going mainstream :P)
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been VERY casually playing PS on and off for a while. I understand some of the general ideas surrounding OU, but I don't know the threats, how best to teambuild, etc. Aside from PS I'm a forum moderator for what used to be one of the top 1-5 Minecraft server networks (and even now, it gets 1000-ish players at a time). In the real world, I'm homeschooled, and aside from standard stuff/gaming I devote some time to competition math (which is surprisingly fun - Very different from what most people end up doing in school, but it's more interesting, in my opinion).
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yeah. I haven't used IRC before with Smogon, but I've used it a bit for other purposes. I do use skype, and it's always open, though I'm eternally on Do Not Disturb, so it may take ~5-10 minutes to get to me if I'm not on it at the time.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yep! =)

Username: Amaranthine
PO/PS! Username: Yuhi Sachiko (only using showdown, but PO is available)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1, Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 2pm to 5pm.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm 18, from germany, studying Philosophy and English at the University in Siegen. Usually very lazy and laid back, but calm and thoughtful aswell most of the time. I spectate lots of battles and read on Smogon a lot, yet I failed to become a very good battler or teambuilder through that only.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: No and Yes, but I can get IRC

Username: LighTz911
PO/PS! Username: LighTz911
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST Usually free all day
What tier do you want to learn?: DPPt OU
Tell us a little about yourself: An Asian high school student in NYC, going to college soon.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

Go10 agreed to tutor me.

Croven

certified genius
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Username: Croven
PS! Username: Croven
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, weekdays usually from 3 PM to 6 PM, then some scattered activity later at night. Weekends I'm generally free in the afternoon, but my parents can make random schedules in a moments notice, so eh.
What tier do you want to learn? DPP OU, BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: A generic Indian. I play tennis, hoping to make the high school team this spring. I hang around on Frost a lot as well as main, since I'm a fan of Monotype.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype? Only IRC, unavailable on Skype
Do you understand how the blacklist works? Yes

Username: Zaionar
PO/PS! Username: Zaionar
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1 , every evening
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I´m a 18y old player that has been around for a while in my tier, but i want to deepen my knowledge about the tier and esecially teambuilding
and thus wanted to participate in the programm. What I do in my free time besides gaming is listening to music or playing basketball.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes, both of them
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes, I do

I would like to request Steve Angello as my tutor, I contected him and he agreed to tutor me

Username: wasdun
PO/PS! Username: wasdun
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: CET, Mo-Thu 2pm-9pm Weekend pretty much all day
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm active in sports and spent the rest of my time gaming.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Both, prefere skype

Username: Joltage
PO/PS! Username: Joltage
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST (GMT -5) about 3:30 pm-Midnight my time on Mon, Wed, Thurs; All day Fri-Sun; 8pm-Midnight Tues
What tier do you want to learn?: UU, LC, RU(any of these would be great)
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a sophmore at George Mason University where I am majoring in Psychology and minoring in Game Design.

Username: WreckingBolt
PO/PS! Username: WreckingBolt
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-6 Mon-Thursday evenings 6:30-10:30 and anytime on weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS UU/RU
Tell us a little about yourself: Just a working stiff that wants to learn more in depth strategies and to get better overall.

Username: qsns
PO/PS! Username: qsns
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, 5-9pm except for Mondays
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS OU/UU
Tell us a little about yourself: Mod in the Doubles PS! Room and play mostly that, but I want to branch out into other tiers. I'm 14, freshman at my high school, and I run cross country.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yep, both work n_n
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes :)

Username: AdvanceShip
PO/PS! Username: AdvanceShip
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Mo-Fr: Usually from 3 PM - 6 PM and 11 PM - 3 AM/ Weekend: It varies, but Usually from 4 PM - 5 AM, GMT +1
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a German Physics Studet in Year 1, who is highly motivated to improve his competive Pokemon skills
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes (preferably Skype)

Username: nikkun
PO/PS! Username: boo boos
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, around 5 pm - 11pm week days and 12 pm - 10 pm on weekends
Tell us a little about yourself: got back to pokemon after a while, wanting to learn about the new gen

Last edited:
Username: Gelli
PO/PS! Username: Gelly/jellu
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt -6. every day after 12pm.
What tier do you want to learn?: adv ou
Tell us a little about yourself: im a 17 y/o hs senior also i love dogs n_n
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: yea
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yea

Username: Pretty Flowers
PO/PS! Username: In Agonizing Pain
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -7. I can be flexible
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS OU or ORAS Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself:My name is Pretty Flowers and I have a Wii U.

Ragnarock

Banned deucer.
Username: Zamrock
PO/PS! Username: Zamrock
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a current tutor in ORAS OU, but i wanna learn somethign new, College student, trying to figure wtf to do w/ my life n_n
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yup

Mur

If you're not first you're last
Username:mur22
PO/PS! Username:mur90
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:EST 5-10 weekdays and all day weekends
What tier do you want to learn?:ORAS OU
Tell us a little about yourself:I've been a fan of pokemon since forever and I started playing smogon during xy. I have a strong desire to improve and I'm pretty easy to get along with. I'm very interested in the tournament scene (very inspired by bloo) and would love to improve and get involved one day once I am more skilled n_n
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?:both although IRC seems so much easier now that I know how to use it.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:yup

I was skipped last round (round 91)

Last edited:
Username: Thwack!
PO/PS! Username: Thwack
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST. I'm available every day (except Tuesday Nights) around from 9 pm to 2 am at the absolute latest.
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS Doubles
Tell us a little about yourself: Used to play a bit of XY OU, but I've gained interest in Doubles in general. Other than that, I am an IT student that loves fighting games to the point where I play them competitively.
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes for both. PM me for my Skype

Lord Alphose

All these squares make a circle
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Username: Lord Alphose
PO/PS! Username: Lord Alphose
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: MST or GMT - 7, available in the evenings
What tier do you want to learn?: ORAS OU or ORAS Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: College student, russian major, cross-country runner
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Both

Last edited:
Username: I AM THE JAMAICAN BOBSLED TEAM
PO/PS! Username: (the infamous)GarTar
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt -5. every day after 3:45pm.
Tell us a little about yourself: im a 13 year old guy that plays smash and ons n_n
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: IRC, banned from #pokemon tho
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yep

Username:Shadow_sneak
PO/PS! Username:Shadow_sneak3 or New Shadow
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:Gmt -5 Weekdays 6:00-12:00 Weekends:Almost Always
What tier do you want to learn?:DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself:I am a pokemon player trying to become more in tiers fluent
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: Yes, Both
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:Yes

Username:Ninety Nine
PO/PS! Username:Ninety Nine
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT+0 12pm onwards
Tell us a little about yourself: 17 yrs old, hoping to be in SPL next year so I want to learn as much as I can about competitive battling now and really take it seriously
Are you able to use either IRC or Skype?: yes both

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Username: Ununhexium
PO/PS! Username: Ununhexium
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5 afternoons and weekends
Tell us a little about yourself: I signed up for OU last round and didn't know I had a tutor lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)