Trace & Toggle Abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mowtom

I'm truly still meta, enjoy this acronym!
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Oh oops I forgot about Voodoll. I guess Voodoll usually wants it off? I wouldn't really know.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
I don't like trying to differentiate "detrimental" abilities, especially since it's kind of difficult to draw the line to make everyone happy. Normalize at very least tends to be good more often than not, and definitely shouldn't be grouped under such a title =\

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I have 0 intention to make everybody happy. But I intend to make the majority happy. If there is a minority of naysayers then...well...I won't let it get in the way of the majority tbh.

Is Normalize the only controvertial ability? 'cause if yes I am proposing the following slate to account for it.

On Toggling in general:

a) As Is
b) Toggle Abilities will have the effect correspondent to their ingame effect by default and their other effect (or no effect) if Toggled.
c) Toggle Abilities become innate with their ingame effect
(not adding the opposite from b as it goes against the intention of this thread <_<)

On Potentially Prejudicial Toggle Abilities (Hustle, Klutz, Weak Armor and Symbiosis)

a) As Is
b) Hustle, Klutz, Weak Armor and Symbiosis will have the effect correspondent to their ingame effect by default and their other effect (or no effect) if Toggled.
c) Hustle, Klutz, Weak Armor and Symbiosis will have their other effect (or no effect) by default and the effect correspondent to the ingame effect if Toggled.
d) Hustle, Klutz, Weak Armor and Symbiosis become innate with the effect correspondent to their ingame effect
BTW, potentially prejudicial ability = Abilities that, more often than not, considering the entire pool of mons that get it (so Delibird and Mandibuzz by themselves are NOT parameters), will cause more harm than good if the effects correspondent to ingame are activated.

On Normalize

a) Follow standard rule
b) Follow Rule for Potentially Prejudicial Abilities
Obviously this is moot if all toggle abilities end up following the same logic.

On "Ability ON" commands

a) Read them as "Toggle Ability"
b) Read them as "Revert a toggle ability to the effect correspondent to their ingame effect"
c) Disregard them for being illegal
On "Assume Ability is Toggled" Commands

a) Allow them. This means that if the player says "assume ABILITY is always toggled" the ref will consider that assumption for that run until the player says otherwise.
b) Disregard them for being illegal
On Trace

a) If no pokemon is on the opposite side of the field, the Player sending out first cannot trigger trace without using up an action.
b) When facing a pokemon with Trace, The Player sending out last must send out the pokemon without orders, in order to give the opponent the opportunity to trigger trace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)