OU Terrakion

Serperior should be mentioned in Checks and Counters; it's a Check to Scarf & RP, a Counter to everything else.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I think that lum should have a pretty good mention if not a slash and maybe sd alongside sr in similar vein of the standard garchomp set atm, as it allows you to get to +2 as mega sableye switches in and then you can 2HKO with stone edge.
mega sableye and mega diancie should be added to c&c as magic bounce users.

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
i disagree, i think lead terrak has to run sash in order to get up rocks and have the potential to do anything besides that. the best set rn is probably subsd lo because it actually can put in some work against teams due to its sheer damage output. band is bad because both of its stabs are hugely exploitable by common mons in this metagame. subsalac seems rather unimpressive as well; terrakion really should be focused on breaking down teams with its powerful stab attacks as opposed to attempting a sweep against offense that in practice almost never happens due to the prevalence of priority and existence of plenty of checks. i'd remove band and subsalac, and move subsd to the first set for now. the other sets are fine though not exactly great at the moment so i'd like to hear what others think. ben gay aim TheEnder trc Henry

aim

pokeaimMD
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
I mean i've used lum on lead to set up sr vs defensive rotom and also get off a cc. I prefer sash though

i disagree, i think lead terrak has to run sash in order to get up rocks and have the potential to do anything besides that. the best set rn is probably subsd lo because it actually can put in some work against teams due to its sheer damage output. band is bad because both of its stabs are hugely exploitable by common mons in this metagame. subsalac seems rather unimpressive as well; terrakion really should be focused on breaking down teams with its powerful stab attacks as opposed to attempting a sweep against offense that in practice almost never happens due to the prevalence of priority and existence of plenty of checks. i'd remove band and subsalac, and move subsd to the first set for now. the other sets are fine though not exactly great at the moment so i'd like to hear what others think. ben gay aim TheEnder trc Henry
Removed Band and SubSalac. Added mentions of Band in OO, and removed any mentions of Band in C&C.

Things to also consider:

Removing Rock Slide and making X-Scissor the main move for the 4th option on Choice Scarf Terrakion. Rock Slide is not as important, as you need the power on Landorus-T, and you need X-Scissor for Slowbro, especially mega.
Slash Toxic with X-Scissor or Iron Head on the Choice Scarf Set.
Make Adamant Nature the main slash on Scarf Set, as it still outspeeds Scarf (jolly) Landorus-T and has much of the desired power it needs. (for example, jolly never 2hkos scarf lando-t factoring intimidate, but adamant has a nice 41% to 2hko after rocks - which shows the significant power increase, over just outspeeding the ancient scarf chomp).
This is kinda eh but slashing EQ on scarf makes it hit Mega Metagross significantly harder. (esp. with adamant)

I disagree with removing Rock Slide. Missing with Stone Edge when you need a crucial revenge kill really sucks, and Rock Slide at least helps somewhat with that. Besides, X-Scissor is doing crap damage to Slowbro and Mega Slowbro anyway (it's great for stuff like Starmie, Latis, and Celebi, though). Make it the first slash if you want, but keep Rock Slide there. I also think Adamant is fine remaining a secondary slash. One cool thing about Scarf Terrakion is that it can beat Jolly Charizard X at +1, which some people run in response to Scarf Landorus-T, and you need Jolly for that (there's probably something else I'm forgetting, but I'm kinda writing this in a hurry). I do agree with putting Earthquake on the Scarf set, mainly to help check Mega Metagross (you do 51.1 - 60.4% to 0/0 variants, whereas Close Combat isn't even a guaranteed 2HKO).

I'll try to give more input sometime tomorrow, but I agree with the other stuff mentioned earlier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)