Other OU CCAT - Team Complete (Revisions and Edits Stage)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to vote for my own set, so I'll go for Ferrothorn, as long as we don't use the primary slash for the 3rd moveslot. Spikes or Protect are fine, but two Stealth Rock setters aren't necessary.

Last edited:
This guys ^, tho we still have two members left and Dragalge is a check ish, lol. See if we voted for ma Azu this wouldn't be an issue
Though BD azum doesnt likethe burns from scald lol AV azum was the way to go guys Although like usaid we can add a keldeo check later on (have the feeling that azum gonna get nommed nextround too lol) as this round itll obviously be eeither Scizor or klefki.

Also firehusky pointed out that the team is weak to keldeo only if it packs ici wind, and idk about the usage stats but ithink its more common that hp lure sets

Dont wanna be a party pooper but the team rn is very weak to keldeo, specially the specs set, just wanted to point that out :)
This guys ^, tho we still have two members left and Dragalge is a check ish, lol. See if we voted for ma Azu this wouldn't be an issue
It's always going to be difficult to build around Mega Absol, as it can't safely switch in to most pokemon, and thus doesn't provide any real defensive synergy with teammembers. At the moment, I think Rain with Mega Swampert is a much larger threat than Keldeo, along with pokemon including Mega Lopunny, Mega Gyarados, Mega Scizor (H.P. Fire on Dragalge isn't a great move to be locked into), and Mixed Life Orb Kyurem-B. We can't check everything with a single pokemon, but I think we can do it with three slots without resorting to overly passive pokemon that don't mesh well with our first three team members.

What are the odds those that two slots will contain hazard control (Rapid Spin, Defog)? Short of putting Defog on Sciz or a timely MAbsol switch-in (risky) there's not a whole lot of ways of handling that extra damage. And Lando pivots a lot while Draggy already risks getting worn down.

BTW this is an offensive team, yes? I was wondering for a while if it would become a balanced one, still not really sure. There's not really much of a defensive core as of yet.

Klefki
Bandwagon lesgo
Nah but in All seriousness I think keys is the perfect Mon for the team, giving us hazard support and an emergency check to set up sweepers :D

What are the odds those that two slots will contain hazard control (Rapid Spin, Defog)? Short of putting Defog on Sciz or a timely MAbsol switch-in (risky) there's not a whole lot of ways of handling that extra damage. And Lando pivots a lot while Draggy already risks getting worn down.

BTW this is an offensive team, yes? I was wondering for a while if it would become a balanced one, still not really sure. There's not really much of a defensive core as of yet.
In regards to hazard control one of the slots will more than likely contain either Starmie or Excadrill, as Tentacruel doesn't really suit the team. I'd more than likely wager a guess that Starmie would be the spinner of choice. The last slot I really have no clue about, but I think with the addition of our hazard control mon, the team's playstyle will be determined.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Remember, it's pretty hard to create a team of 6 mons that covers enough threats, has hazard removal, and maintains offensive pressure. The fact that lando and drag get worn down isnt bad, its just something that we'll have to deal with. Agreeing with above that starmie would be a decent fit (hint hint). The playstyle isnt set in stone, it can change to your liking.

For starters not every team needs hazard control, its helpful, but more offensive teams can often forgo it Especially with MegaAbsol often detering it (BTW I know its not that reliable but atm are team has no talonflame or anything really SR weak so hazard control less necessary. Also with klefki the need for a scarfer also dramatically decreases.

For starters not every team needs hazard control, its helpful, but more offensive teams can often forgo it Especially with MegaAbsol often detering it (BTW I know its not that reliable but atm are team has no talonflame or anything really SR weak so hazard control less necessary. Also with klefki the need for a scarfer also dramatically decreases.
Ehm i dunno about you but i pack 99% of the time hazard control even when having a magic bounce user as SR and one layer of spikes could tear the team appart. I agree on the scarfer point to a certain degree but fast megas that cant be paralyzed can fuck up the team especially if some hazard is on our side, i.e. mega scep, mega manec and if klefki is gone the rest of the megas that outspeed will be getting those easy 1hko after hazard damage like lopu, kazam, beedrill, aerodactyl. Not saying a scarfer is mandatory but just a thought to keep in mind.

I thought for a minute that adding a sand core (S rush Exca+DD Ttar) would be nice but having half the team weak to EQ and fighting seems too dangerous. Starmie is easy to pursuit trap (maybe reflect type?) And cruel doesnt fit the team.

I think maybe before the next round we should collectively define in which styleplay direction we are going to make more sensitive nominations rather than building it bit by bit to build the most cohesive team possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)