The dumbest thing the AI has ever done?

There was a stupid combo (but it could work 1/10) with Entrainment + Truant + direct switch to Gothitelle with Shadow Tag and something like that Protect/Calm Mind/Psychic/T-Bolt (use protect on non truant turn + calm mind on truant turn then sweep). Doesn't really work because people chould switch on the same turn of Gothitelle switch. Ghost can't be trapped. She has a meh physical bulk and the biggest problem is her lack of good speed.

Gen 6 AI is pretty bad, from what I've seen so far. In ORAS, I was battling against Wallace in his gym and sent out my Oblivious Wailord against his Luvdisc. Idiot kept using Attract until I fainted it. I almost felt bad about Wallace. C'mon, Game Freak! Aren't Gym Leaders supposed to have better AI? The random Youngsters, I can understand...but Gym Leaders? Really?

Not a battle, but a Contest in the original Ruby.

It was a Beauty contest, and one opponent brought a Lunatone. The crowd has chosen their favorites, and Lunatone comes up second. On to the appeals round. The first mon up (I forgot what it was) makes a beautiful appeal, pleasing the crowd. Lunatone is up next. What does it use? Explosion.

Don Honchkrorleone

Happy Qwilfish the nightmare
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
If spin-off games count, I recruited Politoed in PMD Time and forgot to deselect Perish Song. What was the first move it used? I had no Escape Orbs...

Also the AI of scout mission Pokemon was awful, especially when they had Memento/Healing Wish.

And in X AI Kecleon used a Dark-type move on my Trevenant. And it was an Inverse battle.

I was in the Battle Maison, cleaning up a battle, when a Vigoroth used Endure. Wow, he must be really scared of me. Then his Piloswine partner used Hail.

Now, let that sink it. Hail, after the partner uses Endure.

Edit: I just had a Talonflame that Will-O-Wisped it's Granbull partner. Probably a good thing, since it was a very hard battle. I had the Attack on my Slaking reduced by 3, had my Mega Audino poisoned by Sludge Bombs, had Accuracy reduced, and had to deal with Swagger and Thunder Wave shenanigans.

Very frustrating battle. That was my 28th battle so far. It came down to my Muk, and she won it for me.

Last edited:
In the Battle Maison, I was up against a bunch of slow pokemon. On turn 1, the opponent's Musharna uses Trick Room. If the Trick Room stayed, my opponent would be able to beat me because I had a bunch of fast pokemon that can;t really take a hit, and then turn 2 rolls around. And then the Musharna goes, and you know what move it uses? Trick Room. And I go on to win a match I might not have otherwise won.

I just want to say that Contrary Serperior is hilarious in the Maison. The AI has absolutely no idea how to play against it. In 25 Single Battles, the AI has used Fake Tears, Bulldoze, Icy Wind, and even Scary Face twice in the same battle. And all the while I'm obliterating them with Leaf Storm.

Let's just say it's a good feeling.
That sort of thing happens with Defiant as well. Intimidate has already boosted my Braviary's attack, and it's used physical moves... so Captivate is definitely not a good idea.

I just want to say that Contrary Serperior is hilarious in the Maison. The AI has absolutely no idea how to play against it. In 25 Single Battles, the AI has used Fake Tears, Bulldoze, Icy Wind, and even Scary Face twice in the same battle. And all the while I'm obliterating them with Leaf Storm.

Let's just say it's a good feeling.
Maybe I'll try that then. Best used in Singles, right?

I cannot believe that my opponent just told his Muk to use Poison Jab on my own Muk, while also telling his Braviary to use Sky Drop on Muk at the same time! Muk is slower than Braviary, stupid!

Trying to take My Pet Sword up in the sky when I'm using King's Shield every chance I get isn't a great idea either! Hope you enjoyed that harsh Attack drop!

The Battle Maison. I send out my trusty Zippers, the Banette. AI uses Explosion every chance it can.
That reminds me of the time that the AI had one pokemon left, a Muk, and then the Muk used explosion on my three pokemon in a triple battle. My Mega Aggron was protected, my Floatzel avoided the attack using dig, and the explosion could not reach my Tornadus-Therian because the Muk was on the opposite side when the AI sent it out.

Also in BW, I fought Grimsley of the Elite Four and then he sent out his Scrafty. I sent out Unfezant and then I used Fly. The Scrafty then used Hi Jump Kick and since my Unfezant "rose high into the sky", the attack missed and then the Scrafty damaged itself horribly. Then my Unfezant used Fly after the 1-turn charge and it KOed the Scrafty.

Last edited:
the super singles chatelaine in oras... her thundurus always uses sky drop on my gliscor. in fact, he will crunch through my sub until it breaks and then spam sky drop. sky drop does no damage to flying pokemon. ive tried it several times now. he always sky drops. wtf.

Having Gliscor use Earthquake, no doubt to try to get rid of my Tough Muk.

Problem is, the opponent's other Pokémon on the field is a Drapion...And it was a crit. Not on me, but Drapion.
The best part is that Tough Muk had already used all three Stockpiles, and I had her use Rest, since she was really low on health, and so she is still here, will full health...And Drapion is gone.

So the opponent no doubt made a bad play, sacrificing Drapion, for pretty much nothing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)