General Introduce yourself!

Hey, what's up. I'm chatter.

Returning ... I started around the Black and White, running rain teams and such. I still miss infinite weather.

Anyways, I'm 16. I really enjoy team building (Despite being bad at it) and unfortunately, stall is my main play style.
Hi Chatter! I enjoyed Gen V too. You can always still play BW tiers on Pokemon Showdown, and we have them in tournaments on here sometimes.

I know a few diehard stallers. People may hate you for your playstyle but they'll definitely respect your patience :P

Hey, what's up. I'm chatter.

Returning ... I started around the Black and White, running rain teams and such. I still miss infinite weather.

Anyways, I'm 16. I really enjoy team building (Despite being bad at it) and unfortunately, stall is my main play style.
Hi! Nice to see I'm not the only one who actually enjoyed the BW "cancer" metas hahaha. If you have any questions feel free to PM/VM me :)

Hi Chatter! I enjoyed Gen V too. You can always still play BW tiers on Pokemon Showdown, and we have them in tournaments on here sometimes.

I know a few diehard stallers. People may hate you for your playstyle but they'll definitely respect your patience :P
Oh! That will be interesting. Thanks for telling me!

And yeah, many people do hate me. But I'm way too used to stall to play offense any more lol. Even Bulky Offense is difficult for me to play.

Hi! Nice to see I'm not the only one who actually enjoyed the BW "cancer" metas hahaha. If you have any questions feel free to PM/VM me :)
It was referred to as cancer?? Huh ... I really enjoyed it lol. And thank you! Will do (^.^)

Hi I'm martisda and I'm relatively new to competitive battling. I've played every main series game (plus some spin offs) so I know the basics and some more complex things as well. I kinda suck at team building :( and would rly appreciate some help

Ps. Sinnoh was favourite region but the only game I have ever lost ;(

Hi I'm martisda and I'm relatively new to competitive battling. I've played every main series game (plus some spin offs) so I know the basics and some more complex things as well. I kinda suck at team building :( and would rly appreciate some help

Ps. Sinnoh was favourite region but the only game I have ever lost ;(
Hi, welcome to smogon! If you need help with teambuilding you can get tutored in Battling 101 (signups open in about 2 weeks iirc). Also if you have any questions in general feel free to pm/vm me.

Hello Smogon! My name is Artur. I currently live in Brazil. I have created this account a while ago but it has never really been active so I`m new around. I really enjoy competitive battles mainly in the lower tiers thought I have played around with the higher ones. Now I`m hoping to get more involved with the Smogon Community and participate in some tournaments just for fun. I would really like to start contributing regularly to the community with whatever ways I can, though I`m not sure how to do that. Would love some advice on how to get involved. Cheers! :)

Hello Smogon! My name is Artur. I currently live in Brazil. I have created this account a while ago but it has never really been active so I`m new around. I really enjoy competitive battles mainly in the lower tiers thought I have played around with the higher ones. Now I`m hoping to get more involved with the Smogon Community and participate in some tournaments just for fun. I would really like to start contributing regularly to the community with whatever ways I can, though I`m not sure how to do that. Would love some advice on how to get involved. Cheers! :)
Hi! welcome to smogon, pm/vm me and I'll help you find a good area for you to contribute :)

Hello Smogon-ites, my name is Ethan. So I originally joined Smogon a while back in order to use the wi-fi battle finder, but never posted in the forums so this will be my first post. My favorite tiers to battle in are UU/Ubers, though most of the time I will battling in standard play. I love to use Hyper Offense when I battle, but my team-building skills are kind of mediocre at best lol. Would definitely love some help in doing that because I really do want to ladder sometime.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
If you're interested in checks and contributions; writing pokemon analyses, you can PM me for some help :)
I'd be glad to guide you in the right direction.

xzern

for sure
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello Smogon-ites, my name is Ethan. So I originally joined Smogon a while back in order to use the wi-fi battle finder, but never posted in the forums so this will be my first post. My favorite tiers to battle in are UU/Ubers, though most of the time I will battling in standard play. I love to use Hyper Offense when I battle, but my team-building skills are kind of mediocre at best lol. Would definitely love some help in doing that because I really do want to ladder sometime.
yo slicknash my phresh homie qB^)

Since you seem interested in hyperoffense and uu/ubers, you could always head down to the RMT section's Team Showcase and Team Archive. This is where the RMT staff hand-pick some of the best teams posted in the subforum to be preserved. From there, look for UU or ubers teams that are hyperoffensive and maybe build some teams on your own, modeled by the posted teams, or just use the original team posted to get a general feel of how to play hyperoffense really well.

Hi guys, I'm Giulio and I'm new to competitive Pokemon Battles.
I've played Pokemon for a while, but I've never played competitively.

Recently, I started using Showdown, and I'm here to improve my knowledge and my skills.

I still have to get Pokemon X/Y (I don't have a 3DS yet) but I hope I'll get one soon.

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
Hi guys, I'm Giulio and I'm new to competitive Pokemon Battles.
I've played Pokemon for a while, but I've never played competitively.

Recently, I started using Showdown, and I'm here to improve my knowledge and my skills.

I still have to get Pokemon X/Y (I don't have a 3DS yet) but I hope I'll get one soon.
Hi BassoTara!
Welcome to Smogon! Here's a guide to basic competitive, while here's a guide to our simulator. If you need any other help, go here to get your questions answered. Have fun!

Hi guys, I'm PGM and I'm 19 years old. I started competitive battling when 5th gen started. I haven't really battled that much though mainly because I'm in college and I can't find anyone to OR/AS Battle. I like making a lot of friends and want to make some more friends that like to battle and talk about competitive battling. I want to get better with every battle because with every battle, I can gain knowledge and use it in future battles. I hope everyone has a great night and it's a pleasure to meet you all!

QueBien

Hi guys, I'm PGM and I'm 19 years old. I started competitive battling when 5th gen started. I haven't really battled that much though mainly because I'm in college and I can't find anyone to OR/AS Battle. I like making a lot of friends and want to make some more friends that like to battle and talk about competitive battling. I want to get better with every battle because with every battle, I can gain knowledge and use it in future battles. I hope everyone has a great night and it's a pleasure to meet you all!
Hey TheRisingPGM!
I started competitive during 6th gen, but Pokemon itself a bit after gen 3. Smogon is perfect for you to find friends ('cept for me, I have none)! If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Have a great time! :D

Also, please give us your feedback about Smogon once you get settled in. Thanks!

Hey guys i'm awesome86, iv been on showdown for a while now but im new to smogon. I play ubers, Ou,Gen NEXT and a few other tiers.

QueBien

Hey guys i'm awesome86, iv been on showdown for a while now but im new to smogon. I play ubers, Ou,Gen NEXT and a few other tiers.
Hi awesome86!
Welcome to Smogon! Have you visited the rooms respective to those tiers? You can really learn a lot there. Anyways, don't hesitate to ask any questions if you have any, and ask for Help if you need it. Have a good time!

Hi everyone! Name's Matt and I've been playing since Gen1 (man I feel old XD). I'm getting into the competitive community for the first time now and would love to talk team-building with someone more experienced. I first discovered you guys out of a desire to not get my face crushed in on the online multiplayer lol. This seems like a great place to be to learn tactics and hone your skills. Looking forward to being here!

QueBien

Hi everyone! Name's Matt and I've been playing since Gen1 (man I feel old XD). I'm getting into the competitive community for the first time now and would love to talk team-building with someone more experienced. I first discovered you guys out of a desire to not get my face crushed in on the online multiplayer lol. This seems like a great place to be to learn tactics and hone your skills. Looking forward to being here!
Hey Theossus!
Nice to meet a veteran! :o Team-building skills can be improved by PMing one of our mentors, or by going to the team-building section of this guide. Mentors can also help you with other aspects of competitive battling, as can asking questions in the rooms of tiers you like. Have fun and good luck!

Hey Theossus!
Nice to meet a veteran! :o Team-building skills can be improved by PMing one of our mentors, or by going to the team-building section of this guide. Mentors can also help you with other aspects of competitive battling, as can asking questions in the rooms of tiers you like. Have fun and good luck!
Thanks so much. I'm preparing for VGC 2015 ranked battles so I'll definitely check out the team-building section/ available mentors. Nice to meet you!

Hey guys, I'm stevtomato, 26, from Germany. Played yellow and Ruby when I was a kid and thanks to nostalgia bought OR. Only recently getting into proper team building and all that jazz. Haven't really done that many competitive matches yet, still too noobish :P

xzern

for sure
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey guys, I'm stevtomato, 26, from Germany. Played yellow and Ruby when I was a kid and thanks to nostalgia bought OR. Only recently getting into proper team building and all that jazz. Haven't really done that many competitive matches yet, still too noobish :P
yo stevtomato my totally radical home dawg qB^)

Welcome to Smogon! If you want to get familiar with competitive battling, I think it would be a good idea for you to talk to one of our mentors on this list. Preferably, one that has "The Basics of Pokémon Battling" listed as one of their areas of expertise. You can always feel free to PM one of them by going on their profiles and clicking "Start a Conversation." I, in fact, am one of the mentors that specializes in "The Basics of Pokémon Battling" and "How to Get Involved in Different Tiers," so you can just PM me, as I am one of the most handsome mentors on that list B)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)