ORAS OU RMT Mega Latias team!

First of all I would like to say that I didn't use any animated sprites because I dont think they are absolutely necessary and because I don't know how to insert them here. LOL.

Second-> I am not going to write a teambuilding process as that would be sooooo boring without images or sprites!

And finally......

This is My team-
Latias-Mega (F) @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 32 Def / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Healing Wish
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

I had used latias since in gen 4 and it is always present in 90% of my teams.And now that it has got a mega.....I just can't stop using it.HP fire is for Ferrothorn and Magnezone who had nearly destroyed my team in one of the Pokemon Showdown matches.Draco Meteor for STAB.Should i replace it with Dragon pulse?? Psyshock for Blissey. And as Latias is pretty fast i can use her speed to heal my pokemons before opponents kill her. 32 def for surviving Adamant Mega Lopunny Fake out + Return/Frustration

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 220 HP / 144 Def / 28 SpA / 76 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Heat Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Defog
- Roost

Zapdos is for removing hazards(for Talonflame) and for switching into thunder waves and ground type moves.It also walls Scizor in case my Talonflame dies.And it also helps finish the PP of the low PP moves like Fire Blast.Once my opponent was completely screwed because of his Stone Edge missing 3 times in a row...And for the EVs- Just to be bulky enough to survive Mega gardevoir Hyper Voice and Adamant Choice band Talonflame Flare Blitz.The rest evs were distributed in Sp.atk and Spe randomly...lol.

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 156 Spe/ 100 Hp / 252 Atk
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn

Talonflame is there for Priority attacks on my opponents. Brave Bird and Flare Blitz are there for STAB.U-turn is useful when i am against a slower special attacker as my chansey will handle them.I originally had Roost but i didnt use it much so i replaced it with Will-o-Wisp for physical attackers like Landorous who can threaten my chansey with a knock off and STAB earthquake.Adamant nature ensures that I dish out maximum damage before fainting.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Heal Bell
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss

Chansey is for Healing and Walling and sometimes it even Sweeps with Seismic Toss.Thunder wave is for faster opponents like Weavile and Starmie who threaten my Latias and Landorous.Should I replace TW for Toxic and Soft boiled for something like Healing wish??

Ferrothorn (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 16 HP / 240 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Leech Seed
- Toxic
- Power Whip

I just love ferrothorn. Leech Seed and Toxic are the best! Should I replace Iron Head Or Power Whip with Protect?? I dont know. 252SpD+16HP for timid and modest Mega gadrevoir Focus blast 100% of the time.Then I Toxic/Iron head her(or him).

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 28 HP / 252 Atk / 228 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Explosion

I switch out Landorous before it faints(at 20%-1% Hp) and bring him back safely and then BOOM! It is fast enough to ensure that I Explode before the Opponent KOs me.Intimidate is really helpful and I usually keep my Landorous as my lead because of Intimidate.

Any suggestions are welcome and I can change any of them except for Mega Latias(i can change her moveset though ).

P.S-I am not as experienced as you all are so please use simple words that a novice like me can understand.And yes.......Thank You in advance for READING my post.:heart:

Last edited:
Hey, pretty nice team you got. I don't really see alot of the mega lati twins running around. Well first thing is that you should probably explain your EV spreads on your pokemon such as the 32 Def in Mega Latias or all the different investment you have in Zapdos. Also im assuming that the Talonflame EVs were a typo since you have EVs in Att and SpA. For Talonflame you should probably run 100 Hp/252 Att/156 Spe and Jolly nature. The speed is mainly for Thunderus, anything else that outspeeds gets hit hard by Brave Bird except choice scarfers. Also you should replace iron head for Gyro Ball on Ferrothorn. Gyro Ball would do significantly more damage due to Ferrothorns very low speed and a Relaxed nature would be good too as it can give Gyro Ball more power.

And for Gyro ball...do i really need a steel type move or i should go with protect????
I would reccomend putting gyro ball so u can damage fast pokemon. If u want protect on Ferrothorn i would switch out either power whip or toxic. mostly toxic though, it isnt all that necessary

Nice team you have, but I think your Mega shouldn't KO itself, so change its set to:

Latias-Mega (F) @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 32 Def / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Recover
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Run Sharp Beak > Life Orb for Talonflame, for more longevity and lastly,

Ferrothorn (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Def / 252 SpD
IVs: 0 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Toxic
- Power Whip

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)