The Legend of Korra (Spoilers ITT)

Bull Of Heaven

99 Pounders / 4'3" Feet
is a Pre-Contributor
Just finished Book 3, and something is confusing me. If I'm remembering correctly, the Avatar State was explained to Aang as a defense mechanism that draws from the power and knowledge of the past Avatars. How can Korra still enter the Avatar State after her connections to her past lives were lost?

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yea I think it's power from Raava but "knowledge"/skills from past avatars. Thus, Korra's Av state at the end of book three is probably only her skills - That's why it only sounds like Korra when she's speaking whereas Aang's voice was drastically different. (Maybe??)

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
That makes the most sense. The show portrayed the event as Korra losing her connection in a "I can't go to them for advice" standpoint. Also we haven't seen her use any of the unique skills that Aang brought to the Avatar line since loosing her connection, namely Energy Bending and lightning redirection. That being said, if a third series ever does come to be, the new Avatar should be able to metal bend upon going into the Avatar State, which in a way is kind of funny since the Red Lotus poison trick won't work on them (kind of like a fuck you from beyond the grave).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)