Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - The Smog Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Unofficial GP checkers are not able to GP articles for The Smog. Try joining the team by checking analyses in the Sixth Generation Contributions forum then send a PM to the leaders. If you make it, you will be granted access to Article Workshop and the ability to GP articles.

Wait, so I have to check some analyses in the 6th gen contributions, and PM the mistakes and the fixed things to the leaders?

Also, what leaders are you talking about?

Ununhexium

is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Jellicent, Calm Pokemaster, and SuperJOCKE

Check analyses (like the normal GPers do but note that it is an amcheck and DO NOT STAMP IT) then link them in a PM to the aforementioned GP leaders.

Sorry if Im acting stupid, but this is what I get so far:

1.Find analysis
2.Check it
3.Link that analysis to the GP leaders

Okay, so I don't know what a amcheck is nor what stamping it means, and if I link the analysis to the GP leaders, how will they see if I checked it or not? Or do I post the checking in the thread and link that?

Thanks in advance!

Ununhexium

Sorry if Im acting stupid, but this is what I get so far:

1.Find analysis
2.Check it
3.Link that analysis to the GP leaders

Okay, so I don't know what a amcheck is nor what stamping it means, and if I link the analysis to the GP leaders, how will they see if I checked it or not? Or do I post the checking in the thread and link that?

Thanks in advance!
1) Correct
2) Correct, but make sure you do it like GPers do
3) Link multiple to the GP leaders (three is the minimum)

An amcheck is the shortened term for an "amateur GP check". It basically just means that you aren't recognized as an official GPer. Link it by clicking when it was posted (right under the post) to receive the link for that post. Stamping is when an official GPer checks the analysis and "approves" it. Each analysis is required to get two stamps to be uploaded.

1) Correct
2) Correct, but make sure you do it like GPers do
3) Link multiple to the GP leaders (three is the minimum)

An amcheck is the shortened term for an "amateur GP check". It basically just means that you aren't recognized as an official GPer. Link it by clicking when it was posted (right under the post) to receive the link for that post. Stamping is when an official GPer checks the analysis and "approves" it. Each analysis is required to get two stamps to be uploaded.
So I post the corrections in the thread? Cause thats the only thing I'm not so clear about

Is there a way for me to receive a notification on Smogon here whenever a new issue is released? I'm thinking of following a thread for that, but at the moment it seems that a new thread is created each time for announcing its release, so for now the only way I have is to manually check every few days. It'll be great if we could receive an alert for it. (:

So I have an idea for an article for the entertainment section (which, let's face it, has been very lackluster in recent issues). The thing is that it's very, very similar to something else written by me. It was never posted in The Smog, however; only in an OI thread. Is it fair game for me to submit?

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Was the "Insider Leaks - ORAS Edition" article written before the reveal of the Delta Episode?

Where do we go to submit trivia answers? Do we send a private message to someone or something else? Also, where would I go if I wanted to suggest some new trivia ideas?

Quarkz

dGltZSBmb3IgbWUgdG8gbW92ZSBvbg==
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Where do we go to submit trivia answers? Do we send a private message to someone or something else? Also, where would I go if I wanted to suggest some new trivia ideas?
Article said:
You are eligible for the Puzzle Page competitions as long as you have a Smogon account. To participate, send all your Puzzle Page entries in a single forum conversation to The Smog. The deadline for submission is 2 weeks from now, on the 14th of March; after this, you can still try the puzzles, but the answers will be posted here, and we'll close submissions. As always, good luck and have fun!
You can send your answers to The Smog. It also says at the top of the article you can VM Level 51 with suggestions and concerns however RitterCat is organising the puzzle page this issue, so I don't know who would be best to ask. Hopefully one of them will see the tag and be able to shed some light for you on this. I hope you enjoyed completing the puzzle page!

Last edited:

chuckaboomboom

I believe I can HM02
What do the prefixes in The Smog Workshop mean? I currently have a finished article plan in there, and I'm not sure what prefix to use.

chuckaboomboom

I believe I can HM02
In the workshop, a lot of people start messages with Bump. What does this mean and when should I use it? Thanks in advance!

antemortem

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
In the workshop, a lot of people start messages with Bump. What does this mean and when should I use it? Thanks in advance!
This is just Smog staff reminding authors that they need to finish their article after either it's been sitting without an update for awhile or the writing deadline is coming up soon. You probably won't find a need to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)