XY OU First RMT with Charizard Y

My first RMT, and I thought I would use Mega Charizard Y, because i havent used it much and thought i would give it a crack. Im not the best at team building, so im keen to get some help. Anyway, here it is.

006-mega-y.gif
Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Mega Charizard Y, the mon my team is built around. I used this because, as I said, I haven't used it much. Also, I have realised that it has amazing wall breaking capabilities, and has the ability to clean up weakened teams end game. Normal ev's, with timid nature to outspeed as much as possible. Fire Blast for maximum power over flamethrower, Solar Beam to hit the water and rock types that resist the fire type STAB and Focus Blast to hit T-Tar and Heatran. Roost coupled with a pretty high Special Defence works well, also to help with any Stealth Rocks damage Charizard hopefully doesn't have to take.

530.gif
Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head

I used Excadrill because of rapid spin for obvious reasons. With a choice scarf, this helps to take down any Pokemon that outspeed Keldeo, who is the fastest on my team. Therefore jolly and max speed and attack ev's are necessary. Rapid Spin for rocks, Earthquake and Iron Head for STAB and rock slide for coverage.

647-resolute.gif
Keldeo-Resolute @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Calm Mind
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Flying]

Keldeo is a pokemon that I chose because it compliments Charizard well in its ability to beat Chansey and Blissey. It is also a good late game sweeper, therefore pairing well with Charizard as it is able to sweep after Charizard has broken walls. I chose a calm mind set, however Im debating whether to switch to a choice specs set because of Haxorus. Anyway, Secret Sword and Hydro Pump being two great STAB's and Hidden Power Flying to beat things like Chesnaught and Venusaur.

598.gif
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 188 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

Ferrothorn is my wall, which is able to take moves like Thunderbolts and Stone Edges for Charizard. I have it a sassy nature, because I want it to take special hits better because my physical wall is Zapdos. I chose Thunder Wave in the 4th moveslot because of this teams lack of a mon able to outspeed things like Mega Metagross (even though most of them do carry Hammer Arm these days) and to generally cripple opposing pokemon to allow for clean sweeping. The other moves are fairly generic.

145.gif

Zapdos @ Leftovers / Rocky Helmet
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 SpA
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Heat Wave
- Defog
- Roost

Zapdos is my physical wall, being my answer to birdspam. The EV's allow it to OHKO Mega Pinsir, while also being able to tank physical hits reasonably well. I am wondering whether to use Rocky Helmet or Leftovers, because of Roost. The same goes for HP Ice and Heat Wave considering I have Charizard. Otherwise, Zapdos is my backup hazard remover, which I find handy if Excadrill has been removed, and Roost to heal. Zapdos also takes fighting type moves which Ferrothorn does not enjoy.

612.gif

Haxorus @ Lum Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Poison Jab

Haxorus is my physical sweeper, with the speed ev's allowing it to still outspeed max speed base 80's. Adamant nature to provide as much power as possible. I chose this pokemon because I was looking for a physical sweeper with a resistance to Fire. Outrage for STAB, Earthquake for steels and poison jab for fairies that can sometimes become troublesome to my team.

Yo nice team. A couple of things I wanted to point out.

Keldeo should either be a sub-cm set or a specs/scarf set. Life Orb is sub-optimal and if you do go for the sub-cm set then change Hydro Pump to Scald and HP flying to substitute. And if you go for the specs/scarf set then run Icy wind over cm. I would recommend the specs or sub-cm set for your team as it needs a powerful hitter other than Charizard-Mega-Y.

Thunder Wave and Gyro Ball should not be used together as thunder wave reduce the effectiveness of gyro ball. I suggest changing it to power whip to deal with bulky water types. Since your mega zard Y deals with Megagross well enough and your haxorus outspeeds it at +1.

Hope I helped :)

This is a cool looking team, though I don't understand why you have Zapdos as a defogger if you already have excadrill to spin. If you plan to keep Zapdos, I would recommend Hidden Power Ice. However, my suggestion is that you put this on your team:

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

This way you still have a physical wall and you have a little bit of switch initiative with Volt Switch, which isn't necessary for a good team but is something that could help here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)