Project The Next Best Thing (New thread is newer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tehy

Banned deucer.
Worry seed set needed spore (worry seed is a cool niche way to crush some lastmon bulky boosters i.e. regi/clus/aroma/Maudino, but shouldn't be used on the switch-in much so no real conflict if you use it right)

Sweep

HypnoEmpire

Yokatta...
Steelix @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Rest
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake

Mega Steelix is REALLY bulky, I mean dayum. With Curse and Rest, it can demolish stall quite easily and set up on some common stall mons such as Cresselia, Alomomola, Aromatisse, Golbat (assuming no Taunt), Registeel, and Bronzong. It hits decently hard, even at just +1. Rest restores health and gets rid of status, which helps it vs stall as well as lets it check/counter offensive threats such as Dragalge and Fletchinder. This Mega Snake set can work as a win condition (like SubCM Cresselia and Curse Registeel).

I can't provide calcs because on mobile atm, but it's gud.

Edit @ below: Use Sleep Talk then :]

Last edited:

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Steelix @ Steelixite
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Rest
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake

Mega Steelix is REALLY bulky, I mean dayum. With Curse and Rest, it can demolish stall quite easily and set up on some common stall mons such as Cresselia, Alomomola, Aromatisse, Golbat (assuming no Taunt), Registeel, and Bronzong. It hits decently hard, even at just +1. Rest restores health and gets rid of status, which helps it vs stall as well as lets it check/counter offensive threats such as Dragalge and Fletchinder. This Mega Snake set can work as a win condition (like SubCM Cresselia and Curse Registeel).

I can't provide calcs because on mobile atm, but it's gud.
The problem with this set is that as soon as you Rest you are set up bait for any Special Attacker, or even an SD mon that can boost past your +1 or +2 Curse, or can just be overpowered by powerful threats such as Moltres. Ofc just having Heavy Slam gets it walled by other things, but it means you aren't just sitting there while trying to set up.

Steelix @ Steelixite
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Smack Down / Crunch
- Sandstorm

Fairly simple set, with one odd move. Megalix gains Sand Force for an ability, granting a Life Orb boost to Steel/Ground/Rock moves. Since, for obvious reasons, you can't have both Sand Force and Sand Stream for abilities, might as well use the move for mad damages. EVs are to outspeed base 40s like Rhyperior. Heavy Slam and Earthquake are your STABs. You can run Crunch to hit Bronzong if you want, but you're already running fucking Sandstorm Steelix so you might as well use Smack Down for that instead.

gdi I thought you guys ate this troll shit up

Last edited:

Knight of Cydonia

I COULD BE BANNED!
There's not really much point in using sandstorm when curse gives a better attack boost, and a defense boost and you don't exactly outspeed much anyway.

Steelix @ Steelixite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam

A more offensive steelix. Can be used as a lead for offensive teams to gain some momentum after using stealth rock, with an explosion from 125 base attack. Earthquake and heavy slam are the standard stabs for when you don't need to boom. If you don't mega you keep sturdy so you are likely always going to get rocks up. Advantages over bronzong would be the much greater offensive presence and the surprise factor I guess. Using up the mega slot sucks but what else can steelix really do.

The Leprechaun

wear nike not fila
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Steelix-Mega @ Steelixite
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Toxic
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake

Although this isn't anything particularly innovative, toxic protect fits steelix really nicely in this meta. For one, many of the mons it finds it hard to threaten hate toxic (quagsire, slowking, cress, alom, tangrowth, slowking, gligar maybe a few others). But the fact that the only mon in the tier that commonly runs aromatherapy or heal bell, aromatisse, takes huge damage from heavy slam makes this set much more of a nuisance. It's also worth noting that any posion or steel types not named golbat that try to absorb a toxic get smacked by an earthquake. Steelix's excellent typing makes protect a great choice. It can really help ease pressure on prediction, for example choice locked moltres or pangoro are much much less threatening when you know which move they have to use.

SlottedPig

sem feio
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Steelix @ Steelixite
Careful / Sassy Nature
- Curse
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam / Gyro Ball
- Toxic

note: Heavy Slam is preferred mostly due to PP, but obviously Gyro Ball is viable.

Curse + Toxic Mega Steelix serves as a late-game win condition with mid-game utility. The problem with Curse + Rest Mega Steelix is that if the opponent has one of its answers (e.g. Slowking, Quag, non-scarf Moltres) then Mega Steelix really won't do much especially as these answers all have recovery. Toxic + Protect Mega Steelix has similar problems but in different Pokemon: it gives endless free turns to Immunity Gligar, Bronzong, or physically defensive Amoonguss.

Curse + Toxic Mega Steelix offers a solution to the common switchins of both Curse Steelix and Toxic + Protect Steelix. Bulky waters, Spiritomb, and Moltres don't appreciate Toxic. Immunity Gligar, Bronzong, and physically defensive Amoonguss don't mind Toxic, but they're set up fodder. Steelix's matchup against clerics is similar: it flatout beats Aromatisse/Audino, and nearly OHKOs Lanturn (it could get burned though).

Things that are immune to Toxic that are Curse fodder include Escavalier, Registeel, Bronzong, Immunity Gligar, Amoonguss, Drapion, and physical Cobalion. Specs HP Fire Magneton does 50% max, but is OHKO'd by Earthquake. Durant isn't exactly fodder, but it doesn't beat Steelix. Focus Blast Cobalion probably beats this set, but that's very rare.

This set requires very little support other than a dedicated Moltres switchin. Wish and cleric support are helpful, but not needed.

tehy

Banned deucer.
Hypnoempire

Used it (probly first) and it is goood. Curse+tox looks fun, tox lix is just beast in general at lepre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)