Ladder Balanced Hackmons

Prankstercat, one of my favourite things in bh.
I just wanted to say something because i use to run a slightly different set. The main thing that will brake your copycat chain is protect. A ph kyogre running spiky shield can easily break your chain and force you out, and you really don't want that thing setting up. That's why i find it really good to run encore on thoses sets, so you can just block him on protect and get a free hit on their switchin (if they have any).
And the utility of prankster encore is just amazing. Switching groudon in at the right time can potentially block a set up sweeper.
Also, groudon can easily switch on an -ate fake out and encore them into fake out before they use boomburst / coverage and proceed to bop them.
I mean encore is just great man, and can easily replace heart swap for example.
At first i was kinda skeptical about encore, but after testing i have to say encore is friggin amazing on Groudon, thanks a bunch for the suggestion motherlove it has been winning me lots of battles.
Here's a funny replay a saved using encore Pdon:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-206045935

Does anyone have a good mega gyarados set with gyaradosite? I was hoping for a moveset that benefits from both ablities. Note, moveset must have pursuit for sheddy.

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Does anyone have a good mega gyarados set with gyaradosite? I was hoping for a moveset that benefits from both ablities. Note, moveset must have pursuit for sheddy.

Ocean Rage (Gyarados-Mega) @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Pursuit
- Sacred Fire
- King's Shield
- Whirlwind

What's better than imposter luring? An imposter lure that can also punch holes in everything else, while also crippling Shedinja.

Groudon-Primal @ Choice Band
Ability: Tinted Lens
Adamant Nature
248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
- Switcheroo
- V-Create
- Thousand Arrows
- Crabhammer

As all Offensive Pokemon lure Imposters, you can net yourself a KO with Banded Crabhammer. Tinted Lens Band V-Create hits insanely hard, KOing Kyogre-Primal (And 2HKOing Imposter Chansey). The Speed EVs are to outrun Kyogre-Primal in specfic.

Switcheroo cripples Shedinja or any other sole Status users. But always be sure to run a Sturdinja alongside so you don't get revenge-sweeped.

As for pure Imposter Proof mons, the standard PH Kyogre or Adrian's variant are very good.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
What's better than imposter luring? An imposter lure that can also punch holes in everything else, while also crippling Shedinja.

Adamant Nature
248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
- Switcheroo
- V-Create
- Thousand Arrows
- Crabhammer

As all Offensive Pokemon lure Imposters, you can net yourself a KO with Banded Crabhammer. Tinted Lens Band V-Create hits insanely hard, KOing Kyogre-Primal (And 2HKOing Imposter Chansey). The Speed EVs are to outrun Kyogre-Primal in specfic.

Switcheroo cripples Shedinja or any other sole Status users. But always be sure to run a Sturdinja alongside so you don't get revenge-sweeped.

As for pure Imposter Proof mons, the standard PH Kyogre or Adrian's variant are very good.
This set doesnt really cripple shedinja too badly as all it usuall does is baton pass out anyway. And Pdon doesnt like losing its choice band since wallbreaking is significantly harder. This set is ok. 6/10.
Also, it might only be me, but i would never switch imposter chansey into Pdon because TA from any set is bound to do serious damage, especially banded sets which are quite common. The threat of TA is too great to switch in.

Anyway guys, I have an imposter Chansey set, but with a twist:

Chansey @ Lucky Punch
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / nothing else matters, really
Nature: who cares
-filler
-fillet
-filler
-filler

When Chansey holds lucky punch, her crit rate is increased to a whopping 50% allowing Chansey to easily defeat Quiver Dance PH primal Kyogre, break past things like fur coat (and eviolite i think, could be wrong) and generally make Chansey more powerful.
What do you guys think? This imposter Chansey sacrifices bulk for offensive prowess.

Last edited:
You're still weak to banded assistdon, which has a large chance to 2HKO Fur Coat Chansey. All of those weren't banded. Mold Breaker Assistdon, while rare, is also something that eats Fur Coat Chansey alive. Plus, not everyone will be running Fur Coat Chansey.
large chance to 2HKO Fur Coat Chansey
252+ Atk Choice Band Primal Groudon Thousand Arrows vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Fur Coat Chansey: 205-242 (31.9 - 37.6%) -- 92.4% chance to 3HKO

The fuck are you on about?

If that proves to be true, there's a lot of explaining that needs to be done, unless that previous video wasn't taken outside the wild.
It's possible it might have changed in ORAS. The previous video was X/Y.

So now that Hacking is openly available I decided to try a couple things out. You can't mega evolve mega pokes.
Also, how is hacking openly available? Like I mean, what method? I wanna test some things if I can.

Adamant Nature
248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
- Switcheroo
- V-Create
- Thousand Arrows
- Crabhammer

This is a good set, but in order to do either of the things you mentioned (beating Chansey and beating Shedinja) you have to predict a switch, which should be easy with Shedinja but not necessarily with Chansey. People don't switch Imposters into Primal Groudon unless they don't have another wall for it, like Fur Coat Giratina. Also, since this set is Banded, you run the risk of losing a speed tie to Chansey if it gets a free switch.

(I also feel the need to mention, as we have before in this thread, that it's not usually a good idea to have something on your team only walled by Shedinja.)

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
252+ Atk Choice Band Primal Groudon Thousand Arrows vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Fur Coat Chansey: 205-242 (31.9 - 37.6%) -- 92.4% chance to 3HKO

The fuck are you on about?
Welp this is what happens when you assume they aren't banded
My point being is that not everyone will carry a Fur Coat Chansey. Besides, what would happen if they tricked you their Choice Band, or if they're Mold Breaker? That pretty much eliminates the usefulness of said Fur Coat chansey, as it needs Eviolite in order to reliably tank banded hits, and without Fur Coat, well... This is discounting the possibility that Groudon-P runs V-create over Arrows (although Arrows are far more common due to no immunities)

What is your previous proof?

Sorry for double posting but I just tried it on my game with mega gyarados yesterday and it didn't even give me the option to mega.
I don't know, something where we saw Mega Charizard Y mega evolve into Mega Charizard Y iirc.

edit: nvm, I just remember Rumors talking about it, it was someone else

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)