Other Rate my AG team

I've been under performing really badly in the showdown ladder with this team and I have no idea why.
Please give me some tips on how to improve this team.

Talonflame (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn

This guy is my main sweeper. With the choice band and evs shown he can at least 2HKO alot of threats in the tier like M.Rayquaza, latios and Primal Kyogre with his powerful STAB Brave Bird. U-turn is to provide synergy with the rest of the team. This Talonflame also baits in things like Ampharos, which allows me to freely switch into my Ampahros check.

Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn

This guy is also a sweeper, same set as before because hey, if it isn't broken then don't fix it. Adamant nature lets it harder than the other talonflame, but at the cost of some speed- so it loses speed ties against opposing Talonflame. This Talonflame also has the unique job of providing moral support to the team when it is facing threats like Tyranitar- something that is crucial to this team's function.

Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn

This guy is my physical wall. He doesn't have any defense or HP investment but talonflames huge natural bulk lets it eat up powerful hits such as pin missile from mega heracross, splash from magikarp or return from mega altaria. Brave Bird is a move to just burn turns and stall PP really, and U-turn turns this thing into a deadly defensive pivot.

Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn

This guy again is another wall. Although this guy has no sp.def or HP investment it can easily tank powerful hits like energy ball from abomasnow, focus blast from alakazam or even earth power from a kyurem-b. Again the main objective here is to stall out a bit or act as a defensive pivot into my team members.

Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn

This bad boy is the team's revenge killer. After my two sweepers and walls have whittled down the opposition, this guy can come in and clean up thanks to Gale Wings giving it a powerful 120 base power STAB priority move. After teams have been whittled down, he can pick off big threats like Tyranitar (at 30%) and Zekrom (at 29%).

PSYCH!! (Talonflame) (M) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz

This is a bit gimmicky, but it is very effective at removing things that would otherwise sweep my team, like electric types. Since the other Talonflame only have Brave bird and U-turn (which provide pretty good coverage), this one can lure in and OHKO threats like Electivire, Sewaddle and Mega Manectric with a powerful Flare Blitz.

Here is a replay of the team in action. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-206413247

Your team is really weak to opposite talonflames so I suggest a better revenge killer :
GottaGoFast(Talonflame) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz (optional)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)