Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not too sure on what HP Lando runs, so I'll do the maximum damage possible.

Weavile is one, albeit very obvious switchout to LandoT. With very slight damage on it before, a -1 Ice Shard OHKO's after rocks, so you don't have to worry about the scarf on it. Like I say, it's pretty obvious that Weavile will have Ice Shard, and it will likely be scared out, but it's a check atleast!
-1 252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 239-286 (74.9 - 89.6%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

I'm fairly sure there are plenty more too!

Edit: As we're here, are there any ORAS damage calculators? I'm using this one and it still only goes up to XY!
http://gamut-was-taken.github.io/

How do I get past hax? My last 3 battles were all lost either to crits or parahax (and this is something that happens a lot to me) and it's starting to get really frustrating. Like out of all the losses on my current alt, 1/3 probably come from hax.

I feel like it's due to my play style, but often it's like "if they get a crit right here, they win", and then they crit and win. Obviously this happens to all of us, so what are some good ways I can prevent this from happening?

How do I get past hax? My last 3 battles were all lost either to crits or parahax (and this is something that happens a lot to me) and it's starting to get really frustrating. Like out of all the losses on my current alt, 1/3 probably come from hax.

I feel like it's due to my play style, but often it's like "if they get a crit right here, they win", and then they crit and win. Obviously this happens to all of us, so what are some good ways I can prevent this from happening?
You need to burn effigies to RNGesus. You can get them for like five bucks each at Walmart, totally worth it imo

Nah, the trick is to maneuver yourself into a position where you can get haxxed and still win, or find whatever ways you can to minimize the effects of hax, like weakening Keldeo's checks to the point where you no longer need to risk going for Hydro Pump and can just Scald things to death. Crits happen, but if you find yourself getting paralyzed to death, maybe packing an electric type might help?

That said, top players get haxed out of wins too, so eliminating hax isn't a sure process by any means.

What pokemon and its set is a prime example of a stallbreaker counter?
That's a bit tricky to answer because stall breakers can come in many forms, from just abusing Taunt to being able to prevent status altogether. Is there a particular Stall breaker that you're looking to counter?

That's a bit tricky to answer because stall breakers can come in many forms, from just abusing Taunt to being able to prevent status altogether. Is there a particular Stall breaker that you're looking to counter?
Mainly Lando-I and TGRD Manaphy. I'm trying to look for something that can at least semi-reliably handle those.

Edit: How can I forgot the pain in the ass that's LO Gengar.

Since Base Speed 100 is not really relevant anymore, what's the consensus on running Adamant on Garchomp? Yes, I know it is outsped by Lando-T but Garchomp can't really do shit to it anyway (if unboosted Jolly). Plus, Zard-X now runs a bulkier spread and even then is rarely seen so a Banded Adamant Chomp might be fun ( It 2HKOes Scarf Lando-T and DDD Mega Altaria as well as OHKOing Azumarill)

Calculations:
252+ Atk Choice Band Garchomp Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 136+ Def Mega Altaria: 199-235 (56.3 - 66.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Garchomp Outrage vs. 0 HP / 24 Def Landorus-T: 229-270 (71.7 - 84.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Choice Band Garchomp Earthquake vs. 240 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 324-382 (80.7 - 95.2%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Mainly Lando-I and TGRD Manaphy. I'm trying to look for something that can at least semi-reliably handle those.

Edit: How can I forgot the pain in the ass that's LO Gengar.
Cresselia can wall Lando-I all day, even if the latter has Knock Off. Manaphy is usually trapped by Gothilette after it has killed something (although U-Turn Manaphy is now a thing, losing Energy Ball or Ice Beam means it can't touch Water-resists). Specially Defensive Gliscor and Tentacruel can check Gengar well.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
More just double checking, but what is the ideal Banded Heracross set? I've been running something like this:

Heracross @ Choice Band
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
I'd consider running knock off over EQ so you can hit Gengar, and facade is a nice option as well to act as a status absorber.

What are people's opinions on Zygarde?
Specifically how it performs in OU.
Zygarde works best as a defensive Coil user. Honestly, it's an extremely under-rated Pokémon and pretty anti meta right now. It tanks hits pretty well and hits pretty hard. People will often compare it to Garchomp, but honestly, they're quite different. Zygarde has the advantage of having Coil, E-Speed and Dragon Dance. However, it does require some sort of Wish passer, since outside of Rest, Zygarde has no sort of recovery.
tl:dr: It's an awesome Coil user that's pretty under-rated. but it requires team support.

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Zygarde is pretty cool. Between Coil and Dragon Dance if has plenty of different options to give problems to balanced or defensive teams and offensive teams in general. Dragon Dance may seems outclassed due to better dragon dancers in the tier but having some pretty impressive bulk, a really good typing (resistance to SR per say) and packing extreme speed help zygarde pull off this set rather well.

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
What was Klefki's rank before the swagger ban?
I'm pretty sure it had always been C+ until when it recently rose to B- and then finally B+. It didn't even drop after Swagger was banned, since the viability rankings don't consider / try not to consider strategies like SwagPlay and Full BP. That's also why Liepard and Mr. Mime were never ranked, and Espeon was never above C+.

I'm pretty sure it had always been C+ until when it recently rose to B- and then finally B+. It didn't even drop after Swagger was banned, since the viability rankings don't consider / try not to consider strategies like SwagPlay and Full BP. That's also why Liepard and Mr. Mime were never ranked, and Espeon was never above C+.
Ok, makes sence. Thanks for your help!

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
DO all Pokemon have analysis threads? Can't find one for Feraligatr.
Only Pokemon that the members of the QC approve of get analyses. So for OU, no, you won't find a Feraligatr analysis. If you feel like using it, you still can, it's just not recommended by the QC team enough to get an official analysis.

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Do Fire type moves get an Expert Belt boost against a pokemon with the ability Dry Skin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)