ORAS OU Zard X + 5 Legends

I wanted to make a Mega Zard X team, since I still believe its the best mega at the moment. I didn't mean to make the other members all OU legendaries (not that it should be a problem) but that's how it ended up happening.

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze -> Tough Claws
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz

The mega of the team being able to tear apart defensive cores, and outpace everything after one dragon dance that is not scarfed, gives it a great match up against virtually any team / playstyle. I went with a jolly set over a bulky roost set for the immediate speed and power. The 184 speed EVs are enough to outspeed a max speed scarfed landorus-t and any slower scarfed mon.

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Evs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Healing Wish
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor

The next Mon I decided to go with was Latias. I decided Latias over Latios since I'd mostly be using it just to defog and switch in on Keldeo a lot better, and since I'm not running a bulky Zard X i can always Healing Wish my mega and any other member on my team that got a bit too low and/or deals with a majority of my opponents teams.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

The 3rd Pokemon I decided to go with was Landorus-t. I just wanted a strong physical defender that was versatile and could set up rocks, and u-turn etc preventing me from straight up losing to opposing zard x and talonflame and also check opposing Landos The 8 speed EVs are enough to speed creep 44 speed rotom, naive/timid max speed diancie before mega evolving and get off a u-turn or EQ on them accordingly. Its also my check to sand rush excadrill.

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Evs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump

The next Pokemon I chose was Keldeo, since I had a massive Bisharp weakness. I also had a huge problem against mega Slowbro so I decided with Hidden power electric to lure in mega slowbro and 2HKO.
With this set I can also successfully weaken both quagsire and azumarill and possibly KO them, paving way for my mega.

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 253 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
- Knock Off

For the next slot I opted with thundurus, Mega Lopunny,mega meta, and mega gyara can all be annoying for this team so having priority t wave to cripple them in the back is always great. Thundy is always another check to mega slowcone, the lati twins, and azumarill. I opted with knock off to lure in chansey and potentially knock off its eviolite, so that my thundy can put in more work against opposing stall teams that it otherwise would.

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
Evs: 248 HP / 108 SpD / 152 Spe
Carefule Nature
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Knock Off

The next poke I wanted on my team was a Poke that could single-handedly win on its own so i decided to go with a stall breaking Mew. The Speed EVs on Mew are enough to outspeed jolly max speed mega Hera and everything slower such as Bisharp, other mew, and Breloom so that I can get off a taunt or will-o accordingly. I went with special bulk over physical bulk so that I can roost up on Lati Dracos, Volt Switches, etc. and potentially stall them out. Mew is also my main check to Azumarill and another answer to Quagsire and fat Mons.

That's the team, clef can be annoying but I have mew and zard x to check it and healing wish in case things go south for them. Knock off on mew is also nifty for smooth rock
and damp rock users other than that I tried my best to have answers to everything in the meta game. Making sure mega sableye teams dont get up rocks or keep them up for long on the team is also very key as sableye can steam role this team if charizard gets weakened or dies. I kept all the HP numbers odd to lower stealth rock damage. If you have any suggestions to the team other than the EVs on lati for the life orb number on Latias or a rating to the team please let me know :) and note that the moves on the pokes are not in order from most important to least.

Yo nice team. I would suggest changing thunderus to a mixed defiant attacker to give added pressure to defoggers. Twave is ok but char-x outspeed most of the meta after one DD. Also mega garde, azumarill hive this team,alot of trouble. So does scarfed lando-t. Lando-t can be beaten by changing specs to scarf on Keldeo and Scald to Icy Wind. Icy wind will help with other speedy pokemon too. Other than that nothing.

Hope I helped :)

Hey there, nice team! One thing I worry about is that you don't seem to have too much of a way to beat Mega Sableye bar Char-X, so if the opponent removes him, you're dead, as you said at the bottom. I would reccomend replacing Mew with a Fairy-type like Clefable, as Mega Sable absolutely KILLS Mew in this meta, and Clefable can tear apart stall cores involving MegaEye pretty well.

Yo nice team. I would suggest changing thunderus to a mixed defiant attacker to give added pressure to defoggers. Twave is ok but char-x outspeed most of the meta after one DD. Also mega garde, azumarill hive this team,alot of trouble. So does scarfed lando-t. Lando-t can be beaten by changing specs to scarf on Keldeo and Scald to Icy Wind. Icy wind will help with other speedy pokemon too. Other than that nothing.

Hope I helped :)
Yeah icy win is something I wanted to keep but mega Slowbro would wreck me without HP elec and I need the other 3 moves for obv reasons. And lando t isn't as big as a problem since a -1 d claw plus a neutral d claw after a DD kills lando t, and I have my own lando, mew and keld that can take any hit and force the switch with keld or roost after a u turn or knock off. Anyy other suggestions? as fairy's are a bit of a problem :[ I'll def try out physical thundy though! Or switch thundy for something else instead maybe bisharp? But then there's mega lop and meta that give me problems

Hey there, nice team! One thing I worry about is that you don't seem to have too much of a way to beat Mega Sableye bar Char-X, so if the opponent removes him, you're dead, as you said at the bottom. I would reccomend replacing Mew with a Fairy-type like Clefable, as Mega Sable absolutely KILLS Mew in this meta, and Clefable can tear apart stall cores involving MegaEye pretty well.
Yeah that's really really true, but mews 1 v 4d - 1v 6 so many teams on the ladder on its own I was thinking of maybe dropping thundy? Since it seems to be the most expendable member, what do you think?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)