The Everything NFL Punter Thread - 2014/2015 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right I'm not implying the Patriots Defense is better than the Seahawks Defense, I'm stating that the Patriots Secondary is arguably (as in possible to make a case for) better this year considering they put up similar numbers to them despite playing 3-4 future hall of fame QBs whereas Seattle was playing dogshit in a uniform. And yeah, I'm aware I'm being an asswipe, but it's not because I'm being defensive, it's because I really can't pretend that I seriously consider your onions on this to have any real value when your initiation in to this conversation was to say "lol number 1 in pass defense bro" and then post a gif that equates to "smh" when I mention that Seattle has played nobody even remotely adequate for half the damn season which most definitely led to some stat inflation (or in this case stat deflation [too soon?]).
Uh no there isnt a much of a case. New England only put one impressive performance imo and that in was in the AFC title game.

Uh no there isnt a much of a case. New England only put one impressive performance imo and that in was in the AFC title game.
New England's been really good this year. Although they lost to the Bills,Chiefs,Dolphins,and the Packers. Only the latter is beyond remotely decent. I wish the Giants were in the Super Bowl :c

I'm not big on betting money but my friends and I make all sorts of stupid bets and now when the Patriots lose the super bowl this weekend, at least I'll have a greasy delicious consolation prize.
The other bet I have isn't really super bowl related but it's pretty funny so who cares. It's a 3 way bet with two of my best friends; we play football on weekends as just QB/WR/CB scrimmage games up and down a little field on the university campus. First one to drop three balls has to shave half their mustache and half their beard (preferably diagonal halves) for super bowl sunday!

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
New England's been really good this year. Although they lost to the Bills,Chiefs,Dolphins,and the Packers. Only the latter is beyond remotely decent. I wish the Giants were in the Super Bowl :c
now compare it to losing to the Rams, chargers, cowboys, and chiefs

so whats your point?

now compare it to losing to the Rams, chargers, cowboys, and chiefs

so whats your point?
My point was to prove that New England has been impressive all year bar those embarrassing losses. Same could be said about Seattle too. Both teams had losses to bad teams but otherwise was really dominant.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
I mean, I'm not even going to point out the times where they really did have great performances, and I'm just going to ask you to point out the games in which the Seahawks Secondary put on a really impressive showing.

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
a short list of some hero's favorite teams: giants, cowboys, broncos, seahawks, patriots, packers, colts, ravens, eagles, cardinals, steelers, bengals, chiefs, bills, rams, chargers, saints, falcons, panthers, texans, 49ers, lions, bears, and the dolphins

a short list of some hero's favorite teams: giants, cowboys, broncos, seahawks, patriots, packers, colts, ravens, eagles, cardinals, steelers, bengals, chiefs, bills, rams, chargers, saints, falcons, panthers, texans, 49ers, lions, bears, and the dolphins
No Redskins? You're racist against Indians! #stopcolorsegregation

For future reference i'd like to give you a run down of just exactly who this some hero guy is. I like most teams but i'm more of a fan of the players. For example, I hate the Patriots but want Gronk to break every TE record ever and it's a good day when Brady actually earns his praise(when he drops 350+ yards or 4 TDs). I'm always rooting for players of my generation to break the records of older players I never saw play. I believe players transcend team rivalries/loyalty. If I like a player I always want them to do well, no matter the opponent. This is how I rank teams:

Most hated ever:
49ers(I have never been a huge fan of any player in this franchise but there have been some I like)

Teams I hate:
Patriots
Bears
Eagles
Rams

Teams I dislike:
Cowboys
Redskins
Raiders
Chargers

Neutral Teams:
Bucs
Falcons
Vikings
Chiefs
Titans
Bengals
Jets
Bills
Dolphins

Teams I like:
Cardinals
Seahawks
Panthers
Saints
Lions
Texans
Browns
Ravens

Teams I love:
Packers
Broncos
Colts
Steelers

Most loved team ever/yet:

Giants(the ultimate player driven franchise)

And yes I moved the Ravens from hated back to likeable during these playoffs.

For future reference i'd like to give you a run down of just exactly who this some hero guy is. I like most teams but i'm more of a fan of the players. For example, I hate the Patriots but want Gronk to break every TE record ever and it's a good day when Brady actually earns his praise(when he drops 350+ yards or 4 TDs). I'm always rooting for players of my generation to break the records of older players I never saw play. I believe players transcend team rivalries/loyalty. If I like a player I always want them to do well, no matter the opponent. This is how I rank teams:

Most hated ever:
49ers(I have never been a huge fan of any player in this franchise but there have been some I like)

Teams I hate:
Patriots
Bears
Eagles
Rams

Teams I dislike:
Cowboys
Redskins
Raiders
Chargers

Neutral Teams:
Bucs
Falcons
Vikings
Chiefs
Titans
Bengals
Jets
Bills
Dolphins

Teams I like:
Cardinals
Seahawks
Panthers
Saints
Lions
Texans
Browns
Ravens

Teams I love:
Packers
Broncos
Colts
Steelers

Most loved team ever/yet:

Giants(the ultimate player driven franchise)

And yes I moved the Ravens from hated back to likeable during these playoffs.
Most hated ever: Patriots(I mostly hate them because their fans are cocky,they cheat,and their players are arrogant, oh and did I mention how much of a jerk they are?
Teams I hate:
49ers
Steelers
Cowboys
Jets
Saints
Teams I dislike:
Bears
Packers
Chiefs
Raiders
Vikings
Browns
Texans
Redskins
Neutral teams:
Eagles
Falcons
Buccaneers
Ravens
Bills
Chargers
Panthers
Cardinals
Rams
Jaguars
Titans
Lions
Dolphins
Giants
Teams I like
Broncos
Seahawks
Bengals
Favorite ever: Colts

Last edited:

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Neither of you are understanding how this really works.

Here let me give you a proper example:

Teams I Hate: The Ravens because they're fucks.
Any team that has Peyton Manning just on sheer principle.
The Giants. Fuck em.

Teams I Like: I don't care about any other teams to really give a shit.

Favorite Team: The Patriots.

Killah or WaterBomb or even DM wanna show these nerds how fandom works?

Neither of you are understanding how this really works.

Here let me give you a proper example:

Teams I Hate: The Ravens because they're fucks.
Any team that has Peyton Manning just on sheer principle.
The Giants. Fuck em.

Teams I Like: I don't care about any other teams to really give a shit.

Favorite Team: The Patriots.

Killah or WaterBomb or even DM wanna show these nerds how fandom works?
What's your beef with Manning? He's a good guy and he's a good player(when healthy) Is it just some dumb team rivalry or something? Even though he only has one Super Bowl win he's still one of the greatest QBs in the NFL history. I'm not discrediting Brady tho. I'll give credit where it's due, Brady is an amazing QB and he deserves his accomplishments. I just hate him because he's an egotistical asshole

YES. THAT'S WHAT IT MEANS TO BE A FAN, MAN. C'MON.
So I'm not a true fan of the Colts if I don't hate the Patriots because of a simple rivalry? Lol
I just hate the Patriots because of my above reasons. I won't like them until at least the end of the Brady-Bellicheat era. Team rivalries don't really mean anything to me

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)