General Introduce yourself!

Hello. :) My name is Fabien and I am from the netherlands. I have played pokemon since Gen 2 and I am blown away by the last Gen! It is so cool! I am new into competitive battling, but I would really like to get involved more and learn lots of stuff. ^^ Recently I participated in the Battle of Hoenn, and this was my first competition ever! Although I lost 21 matches out of 39, I really enjoyed battling. :)

Hopefully I get to learn a lot and meet many of you Smogoners!

Hello. :) My name is Fabien and I am from the netherlands. I have played pokemon since Gen 2 and I am blown away by the last Gen! It is so cool! I am new into competitive battling, but I would really like to get involved more and learn lots of stuff. ^^ Recently I participated in the Battle of Hoenn, and this was my first competition ever! Although I lost 21 matches out of 39, I really enjoyed battling. :)

Hopefully I get to learn a lot and meet many of you Smogoners!
Hiya Fabien! Do you have any other tiers of interest? I'd like to point you in the right direction. Wecome to Smogon! :]

Hiya Fabien! Do you have any other tiers of interest? I'd like to point you in the right direction. Wecome to Smogon! :]
Hey :) By tiers of interest you mean the pokemon tiers, right? If so, I probably want to be involved the most in the OU tier. :) Again I'm not sure if I answered your question!

Hey :) By tiers of interest you mean the pokemon tiers, right? If so, I probably want to be involved the most in the OU tier. :) Again I'm not sure if I answered your question!
That's indeed what he meant, and for OU you can sign up for the Battling 101 program (it starts in about 2 weeks) or PM one of our OU mentors, such as TheEnder! Have fun in your stay here haha.

Hey there, kiddos. My name's Postwreck, but feel free to call me Post or Kameron. I've been playing competitive on and off since mid-5th gen, but I've dabbled a little since forth. Me and a good buddy finally decided to get serious, and we're heading to our first premiere event (coincidentally also the first event in our state) in March, so we're trying to build up decent vgc teams for it.

Hey there, kiddos. My name's Postwreck, but feel free to call me Post or Kameron. I've been playing competitive on and off since mid-5th gen, but I've dabbled a little since forth. Me and a good buddy finally decided to get serious, and we're heading to our first premiere event (coincidentally also the first event in our state) in March, so we're trying to build up decent vgc teams for it.
Hi! We have VGC tutors for Battling 101, whose next round starts in 2 weeksish. If you have any questions in general about the site, feel free to ask!!

Heya guys, I'm MisterFinch, and I've been observing Smogon for a while now. At first I was iffy about it, but now I've learned that Smogon is a cool place to look at strategies. I hope we can all get along. ^^

Hello everyone, I'm KAIZA. I've been playing Pokemon since Gen I, though the first game I actually owned was Sapphire and have been hooked to the series since then. I've mostly been a casual player, and I still am. However, as time went on and I grew older, I've found myself completely outclassed by my friends at college and online, since they play in a more competitive style.

Although I've had an aversion to competitive training due to time constraints and how complicated it sounded to me at the time, thanks to the new additions in Gen VI plus some videos by TamashiiHiroka, I decided to give it a try. And, to my surprise, I found myself invested in it! Sure, I still lose more than win, but at least I can now fight on even ground. Though, I'm still a newbie when it comes to competitive style battling, and thus have come here to lurk and learn the ropes!

I've already lurked the site for a few months now, since it's been a good place to find good movesets and strategies, and I've used the Strategy Pokedex as a base several times. I hope to learn more to improve myself and my team. A pleasure to meet you all!

Hi guys! I'm Riiverstaared. You can call me River or Riiver or whatever makes you comfortable. I feel like such a wee child here at just 13, but I've spent a lot of time playing Pokemon. My first game was a used Platinum card, believe it or not, and I still haven't beaten it (I've since reset since I was having one hell of a time trying to get back to the Distortion World). I also own SoulSilver, White, White 2, and Omega Ruby. It wasn't really until I beat the Delta Episode that I was interested in competitive play.

I'll fess up and admit that I use Super Training instead of EV training to train up my Pokemon, and I focused more on just rounding my party out more than giving them a specific role in my party. Thankfully, most of the E4 was a breeze (especially Glacia and Steven, Blaziken and Groudon ftw) except for Drake. I don't really have much patience for breeding for IVs either. Because of that, I usually stick to Pokemon Showdown and use their recommended EVs for my team. I'm still very new to competitive battling nonetheless.

I've just found the site recently, but I hope that reading through it will help me learn and improve!

antemortem

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
I've already lurked the site for a few months now, since it's been a good place to find good movesets and strategies, and I've used the Strategy Pokedex as a base several times. I hope to learn more to improve myself and my team. A pleasure to meet you all!
welcome to Smogon, KAIZA! it's good that you're learning the ropes of competitive battling, and I invite you to fill out this form so that you can be paired with a mentor that will be able to help you through the basics. Alternatively, you could look into Battling 101, which is an amazing competitive battling tutoring program we have on Smogon. do enjoy yourself and don't hesitate to PM or VM me if you have questions! :)

It wasn't really until I beat the Delta Episode that I was interested in competitive play.

I've just found the site recently, but I hope that reading through it will help me learn and improve!
hiya! I also invite you to take a look at Battling 101 - it's such a great way to get yourself used to the basics and more integral parts of competitive battling, if it's something you want to commit yourself to, of course. if not, then let us know! we'll match you up with a mentor that will be sure to cater to your specific interests. so enjoy yourself and PM/VM me if you need anything.

Hello, I'm dhn and have been playing on and off for quite some time. Even though the metagame has breen shifting to a more fast paced one, I'm very interested in stall playstyle and would like someone to help or better yet mentor me on it. Thank you

Hello, I'm dhn and have been playing on and off for quite some time. Even though the metagame has breen shifting to a more fast paced one, I'm very interested in stall playstyle and would like someone to help or better yet mentor me on it. Thank you
Hi! If you want some help with this, you can sign up for Battling 101 in about 2 weeks when the new round starts. Or you could PM an OU Mentor like TheEnder (you can check the mentor profiles for this). If you have any questions Pm/VM me!

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
Hey dhn!
Nice to meet you! I personally can't stand stall playstyle, but that's just me. :P You can find a mentor right here. Have a good time!

Reactions: dhn
Hi I'm LaxSnorelax
Just started competitive battling since X and Y
I have been interested in the hyper offence playstyle and I hope to use more of the underated pokemon sets instead of the common ones
Thanks

Hi I'm LaxSnorelax
I have been interested in the hyper offence playstyle and I hope to use more of the underated pokemon sets instead of the common ones
Thanks
Hi! Welcome to smogon, if you need help in any tier you can ask our Mentors (the mentor profiles are onsite) or sign up for Battling 101. You can check the schedule in the subforum n_n
If you have any questions regarding the site, shoot me a PM/VM and I'll see what I can do :)

Hey there! Just getting into the community to learn about competitive battle teams and breeding :P I usually go by taco. Nice to meet you guys!

Hey there! Just getting into the community to learn about competitive battle teams and breeding :P I usually go by taco. Nice to meet you guys!
Welcome, taco! Have fun on Smogon. If you have questions about anything at all, VM / PM me! To VM me, click my avatar -> click again -> scroll down to see a "leave a comment" portion! To PM me, click my name -> click "start a conversation" and ta-da! Enjoy your stay! :]

Hi I'm LaxSnorelax
Thanks
hey Welcome, Hyper offense is a fun playstyle. If you have any questions feel free to ask me or a mentor . Also if you like using underrated Pokemon and sets this is a good thread : http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...sets-oras-edition-no-shitty-gimmicks.3521768/
Also we have a help form as well if you need to use it : http://www.smogon.com/mentorship/help

Hi, I'm 21 and my name is Eric.
I've started playing Pokemon in gen 3 via emulators, but my competitive life only started past year. I'm trying to keep up with my friends in local tournaments here, and also, get to bigger tournaments as well.
Nice to meet you guys ^^

Hi, I'm 21 and my name is Eric.
I've started playing Pokemon in gen 3 via emulators, but my competitive life only started past year. I'm trying to keep up with my friends in local tournaments here, and also, get to bigger tournaments as well.
Nice to meet you guys ^^
Hey, do you play on Pokemon Showdown? You should definitely do so as it's very convenient to battle a friend there. We offer help through Battling 101 by pairing you up with tutors, so you should check that out. Also the Ruins Of Alph forum have some cool gen 3 discussion n_n
Welcome to smogon!

Hello all. My name is Danny. I've had an account for awhile now but very infrequently posted due to fear/not knowing what the hell I'm talking about lol. I've only played Gen1, Gen 5 and now Gen 6 games, and didn't want to try my hand at competitive play till now. I really like team building online with the goal of building teams on cartridge to battle over wifi. I also enjoy using overlooked mons in teams.

Nice to meet everyone and thanks for reading

Hello all. My name is Danny. I've had an account for awhile now but very infrequently posted due to fear/not knowing what the hell I'm talking about lol. I've only played Gen1, Gen 5 and now Gen 6 games, and didn't want to try my hand at competitive play till now. I really like team building online with the goal of building teams on cartridge to battle over wifi. I also enjoy using overlooked mons in teams.

Welcome, if you need help learning more about competive battling so you do know more about what your talking about I recomend check out battle 101 . We also have a help form if you need help getting antiquated with a specific part of the forums you can use our help thread : http://www.smogon.com/mentorship/help . Also feel free to message me or a mentor if you have any questions. Hope you enjoy your time here. :)

Hello Everyone !

I've been playing Pokemon games since the very first one without ever skipping a generation but have never gotten into more competitive battling. To correct that huge flaw I decided to join smogon, try my hand in Showdown and then breed the team to use over wifi. Eventually I hope to be able to also give back some knowledge to the community ;)

I'll see you around ,

Hey, nice to see you posting in SSH! If you have any questions PM/VM me, I'd be happy to answer.

Hello Everyone !

I've been playing Pokemon games since the very first one without ever skipping a generation but have never gotten into more competitive battling. To correct that huge flaw I decided to join smogon, try my hand in Showdown and then breed the team to use over wifi. Eventually I hope to be able to also give back some knowledge to the community ;)

I'll see you around ,
Hi, welcome to smogon! You can check the list of mentors and find our help form and other links on the homepage. Also, you can apply for Battling 101 to enhance your skills and learn from the more experienced n_n though if you have questions about contributing or general stuff related to skype, feel free to shoot me a PM/VM!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)