Drifblim [QC 0/3]

[="eworm, post: 5865441, member: 218682"]Not sure if this is the right place, but there is this Drifblim I'vebeaught up and I'd really like to know if it is worth anything in the eyes of informed Smogonauts:

move 1:Phantom Force
move 2:Acrobatics
move 3:Will-O-Wisp
move 4:Tailwind/Disable/Protect
ability: Unburden
item: Power Herb
EVs: not sure
nature: Adamant

Mostly I'm thinking Doubles with this. Phantom Force is a new STAB which uses up the Power Herb, activating Unburden and increasing the power of Acrobatics. With doubled speed, Drifblim can either strike surprisingly fast or mess with the opponent by burning the physical attackers or Disabling the last move used. Phantom Force also ignores and cancels all kinds of Protects and Guards, which are everywhere in Doubles. Sure, it needs a charge turn after the first use, but it acts like a Protect and can't be Protected against. And even if the opponent switches, they will most likely take SOME damage anyway, since Normal types are regrettably rare. This Drifblim has ways to cripple the opponent, attack with respectable power or even mess with protecting tactics, so it might be neat for mind battles.

I'm not sure about the EV investment though. Obviously 252 Atk comes to mind, but I don't want to use 252 Speed if I don't need it to outspeed anything significant on that first turn. The remainder should probably go into HP or (Special) Defence (since Drifblim's HP is already massive).[/quote]
I'm a singles player, not a doubles one but I can give some insight on your set.

Power herb phantom force is not even a bad strat to use, but it isn't the most effective. Its got a solid niche in the fact it can access its unburden boost whenever it wants but after that, it really doesn't benefit from phantom force, consider it a move slot redudant.
Now, in xy, drifblim uses substitute to get down to sitrus range, to unburden. Whilst this might not be the most efficient way to access the unburden boost, it can use sub as the baiting tool/mechanic and proceeded to disable the only move they have to hit us with, or destiny bond to the ground, or will-o-wisp.
Its a much better all round move to have as it isn't useless after you use it, and can be used to bait moves or disable them.
Then again, I'm a singles Player, not sure about how it works in doubles, but in singles your set has a nice niche, but generally isn't the best.
It should also be mentioned that drifblim only really has a use in nu meta, not in any higher tier

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
This hasn't been updated in forever HJAD you have 24 hours to respond or this will be reassigned, and then 72 hours to update this to ORAS standards

Ares

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
that would be great, people hardly check this so never bothered updateing it properly :/
Its on you to keep the analysis up to date with the current meta, wether or not the QC team gets around to checking it shouldn't reflect on your knowledge of the current meta and where Drifblim stands in it. If you don't think you have sufficient metagame knowledge to update Drifblim to ORAS you can drop it, I think you have plenty of knowledge and its simply going through and reading what you've already written and updating it accordingly. You still have Spiritomb mentions which was banned in XY, not even in ORAS, as well as making sure that your current set is the best possible set for Drifblim in this meta.

Its on you to keep the analysis up to date with the current meta, wether or not the QC team gets around to checking it shouldn't reflect on your knowledge of the current meta and where Drifblim stands in it. If you don't think you have sufficient metagame knowledge to update Drifblim to ORAS you can drop it, I think you have plenty of knowledge and its simply going through and reading what you've already written and updating it accordingly. You still have Spiritomb mentions which was banned in XY, not even in ORAS, as well as making sure that your current set is the best possible set for Drifblim in this meta.
At least this thread is active with users now :] Yeah I'll try and get it fit for oras by tommorow if not Saturday when I have free time

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
the first (and maybe only set) should be Calm Mind. CM / Shadow Ball / Substitute / Will-O-Wisp | Destiny Bond with coverage in Moves. Modest Nature with Max Spe and SpA, Timid should only get a mention in set details (its cool to outspeed neutral 80s, adamant sawk, adamant kanga (to burn), etc but drifblim would be weaker). Sitrus Berry should be the only item.

Acro Blim is 'good' too I guess, but you are forced to get Unburden to have a full power Acrobatics, and with Mega Steelix being RLY common right now I am not sure if it would deserve a set.. I say keep the set in OO for now (a BIG mention).

OO can have Chesto Berry + Rest for CM. DONT MENTION STOCKPILE PASS its really bad. If you are going to talk about Baton Pass, talk about how Baton Pass can be used on the Calm Mind set as the fourth move to pass your boosts and / or the sub to a teammate.

actually acroblimp is probably really good to lure and kill mega steelix, but dedicating a slot to trading 1-for-1 with one specific Pokemon in the meta seems sketch for a set on an analysis.

actually acroblimp is probably really good to lure and kill mega steelix, but dedicating a slot to trading 1-for-1 with one specific Pokemon in the meta seems sketch for a set on an analysis.
Especially with the suspect going on dedicating a set doesn't seem logical maybe in OO

Ares

Screen Shot 2015-02-05 at 1.17.43 AM.png

On top of failing to update this, pretty sure Holly was planning on rejecting it now that NU isn't required to have all fully evolved mons.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)