ORAS FU Metagame Discussion (old)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've been playing around with a really cool set for one of my favorite Pokemon in the tier.

soulja boi (Simisage) @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot
- Rock Slide / Superpower

I almost never see people actually utilizing this monkey's insane mixed capabilities, so I decided to try it out myself. It honestly surprised me just how insanely strong this thing is. It's speed tier is obviously really solid, being beaten only by Rapidash, Electabuzz, Ninjask, Persian and Jumpluff (notably). Leaf Storm is here for a very powerful STAB move that can just absolutely nuke something that doesnt resist it. Knock Off is hands-down the best move in the tier, and it is used as power and utility, being able to Knock Off the ever prevalent Eviolites floating around the tier. Gunk Shot is an extremely good move for the monkey as it hits Quilladin and Spritzee for a guaranteed 2HKO, and provides a decent nuking move when you need the Special Attack to not be dropped for something else on their team. The last slot is by far the best slot for coverage, and you can decide between Superpower (hits Klang and Lairon, granted Leaf Storm does a lot to Lairon as well) and Rock Slide (OHKO's most variants of Articuno). I personally use Rock Slide, because it forms an amazing lure to Articunos that expect the Special NP set. Simisage is a very fast, very efficient Mixed Hitter / Cleaner, and this set is, in my opinion, way better than Specs or Nasty Plot.

Calcs:
252 Atk Life Orb Simisage Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Spritzee: 185-218 (51.3 - 60.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Simisage Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Spritzee: 283-335 (78.6 - 93%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 SpA Life Orb Simisage Leaf Storm vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Raticate: 242-285 (96.4 - 113.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Life Orb Simisage Gunk Shot vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Electabuzz: 221-260 (81.5 - 95.9%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock This does more than Leaf Storm.
252 Atk Life Orb Simisage Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Quilladin: 140-166 (42.9 - 50.9%) -- 98% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
4 SpA Life Orb Simisage Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Prinplup: 304-359 (91.5 - 108.1%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
4 SpA Life Orb Simisage Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Prinplup: 205-244 (61.7 - 73.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Simisage Rock Slide vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Murkrow: 138-164 (42.5 - 50.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Life Orb Simisage Rock Slide vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Articuno: 255-302 (66.4 - 78.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Simisage Rock Slide vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Articuno: 354-416 (92.1 - 108.3%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

Last edited:
Reactions: MZ
So I've been playing around with a really cool set for one of my favorite Pokemon in the tier.

Naive Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot

I almost never see people actually utilizing this monkey's insane mixed capabilities, so I decided to try it out myself. It honestly surprised me just how insanely strong this thing is. It's speed tier is obviously really solid, being beaten only by Rapidash, Electabuzz, Ninjask, Persian and Jumpluff (notably). Leaf Storm is here for a very powerful STAB move that can just absolutely nuke something that doesnt resist it. Knock Off is hands-down the best move in the tier, and it is used as power and utility, being able to Knock Off the ever prevalent Eviolites floating around the tier. Gunk Shot is an extremely good move for the monkey as it hits Quilladin and Spritzee for a guaranteed 2HKO, and provides a decent nuking move when you need the Special Attack to not be dropped for something else on their team. The last slot is by far the best slot for coverage, and you can decide between Superpower (hits Klang and Lairon, granted Leaf Storm does a lot to Lairon as well) and Rock Slide (OHKO's any variant of Articuno). I personally use Rock Slide, because it forms an amazing lure to Articunos that expect the Special NP set. Simisage is a very fast, very efficient Mixed Hitter / Cleaner, and this set is, in my opinion, way better than Specs or Nasty Plot.
I was using taunt 3 attack simisage (w/o rock slide or superpower) from day 1 of the ladder but those 2 coverage options seem nice. tbh I don't like any NP monkey just bc their mixed coverage is so damn good and they hit so hard that I like them more as mixed wallbreakers than late-game sweepers.

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Naive Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot

I almost never see people actually utilizing this monkey's insane mixed capabilities, so I decided to try it out myself. It honestly surprised me just how insanely strong this thing is. It's speed tier is obviously really solid, being beaten only by Rapidash, Electabuzz, Ninjask, Persian and Jumpluff (notably). Leaf Storm is here for a very powerful STAB move that can just absolutely nuke something that doesnt resist it. Knock Off is hands-down the best move in the tier, and it is used as power and utility, being able to Knock Off the ever prevalent Eviolites floating around the tier. Gunk Shot is an extremely good move for the monkey as it hits Quilladin and Spritzee for a guaranteed 2HKO, and provides a decent nuking move when you need the Special Attack to not be dropped for something else on their team. The last slot is by far the best slot for coverage, and you can decide between Superpower (hits Klang and Lairon, granted Leaf Storm does a lot to Lairon as well) and Rock Slide (OHKO's any variant of Articuno). I personally use Rock Slide, because it forms an amazing lure to Articunos that expect the Special NP set. Simisage is a very fast, very efficient Mixed Hitter / Cleaner, and this set is, in my opinion, way better than Specs or Nasty Plot.
Yeah Mixed Simisage is like the only reason it's even A rank lol, otherwise it would be like B because special sweeping sets are terrible and walled by everything. I've been using Mixed Simisage from like day 1, heck I'm pretty sure I posted about it a long time ago. It's so damn good atm and shit all over balance and bulky offense. I would go as far to say that Mixed Sage is my favorite Pokemon to use in FU period. It can fit so well on pretty much any offensive team and is nearly impossible to wall. I definitely hope more people use it.

Naive Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot

I almost never see people actually utilizing this monkey's insane mixed capabilities, so I decided to try it out myself. It honestly surprised me just how insanely strong this thing is. It's speed tier is obviously really solid, being beaten only by Rapidash, Electabuzz, Ninjask, Persian and Jumpluff (notably). Leaf Storm is here for a very powerful STAB move that can just absolutely nuke something that doesnt resist it. Knock Off is hands-down the best move in the tier, and it is used as power and utility, being able to Knock Off the ever prevalent Eviolites floating around the tier. Gunk Shot is an extremely good move for the monkey as it hits Quilladin and Spritzee for a guaranteed 2HKO, and provides a decent nuking move when you need the Special Attack to not be dropped for something else on their team. The last slot is by far the best slot for coverage, and you can decide between Superpower (hits Klang and Lairon, granted Leaf Storm does a lot to Lairon as well) and Rock Slide (OHKO's most variants of Articuno). I personally use Rock Slide, because it forms an amazing lure to Articunos that expect the Special NP set. Simisage is a very fast, very efficient Mixed Hitter / Cleaner, and this set is, in my opinion, way better than Specs or Nasty Plot.

Calcs:
252 Atk Life Orb Simisage Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Spritzee: 185-218 (51.3 - 60.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Simisage Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Spritzee: 283-335 (78.6 - 93%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 SpA Life Orb Simisage Leaf Storm vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Raticate: 242-285 (96.4 - 113.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Life Orb Simisage Gunk Shot vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Electabuzz: 221-260 (81.5 - 95.9%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock This does more than Leaf Storm.
252 Atk Life Orb Simisage Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Quilladin: 140-166 (42.9 - 50.9%) -- 98% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
4 SpA Life Orb Simisage Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Prinplup: 304-359 (91.5 - 108.1%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
4 SpA Life Orb Simisage Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Prinplup: 205-244 (61.7 - 73.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Simisage Rock Slide vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Murkrow: 138-164 (42.5 - 50.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Life Orb Simisage Rock Slide vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Articuno: 255-302 (66.4 - 78.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Simisage Rock Slide vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Articuno: 354-416 (92.1 - 108.3%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
I actually posted this set back in the Regice meta, I was pretty sure it was standard by now lol. (Although I had Seed bomb on aswell because I like my STAB)

I also want to bring up Mix Simisage, a pokemon I've used alot in PU that looks like it could be fantastic in FU.

Simisage @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Superpower / Gunk Shot
- Knock Off
- Seed Bomb

Notable calcs:
252 Atk Life Orb Simisage Superpower vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Regice: 278-330 (76.3 - 90.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Life Orb Simisage Superpower vs. 212 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Vigoroth: 226-268 (63.8 - 75.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Life Orb Simisage Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 212 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Vigoroth: 91-108 (25.7 - 30.5%) -- 9.6% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Life Orb Simisage Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 32 Def Gourgeist-Small: 187-221 (59.5 - 70.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Simisage Seed Bomb vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Lapras: 338-400 (84 - 99.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Life Orb Simisage Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Klang: 57-68 (17.5 - 20.9%) -- possible 5HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Life Orb Simisage Superpower vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Klang: 208-247 (64.1 - 76.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Life Orb Simisage Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Metang: 109-130 (33.7 - 40.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Life Orb Simisage Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 80 Def Grumpig: 289-341 (79.3 - 93.6%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Life Orb Simisage Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 120 Def Eviolite Roselia: 114-135 (37.5 - 44.4%) -- 2.3% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Life Orb Simisage Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 120 Def Roselia: 212-250 (69.7 - 82.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Life Orb Simisage Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Misdreavus: 148-177 (45.6 - 54.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
4 SpA Life Orb Simisage Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Gabite: 195-230 (57.3 - 67.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
4 SpA Life Orb Simisage Leaf Storm vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Swanna: 261-308 (89.6 - 105.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
Aaah the good old days when I was (more) shit at posting things. I think I was the first person to post about it period (correct me it im wrong) as ''Last edited: Oct 14, 2014''

~Volbeatdown~ Just to prove it has been posted before m8, its stupid good and everrybudy should use it. Being first is also something we humans as a species love

Last edited:
I actually posted this set back in the Regice meta, I was pretty sure it was standard by now lol. (Although I had Seed bomb on aswell because I like my STAB)

Aaah the good old days when I was (more) shit at posting things. I think I was the first person to post about it period (correct me it im wrong) as ''Last edited: Oct 14, 2014''
lmao i dont see what the big deal about who posted it first was. i was just bringing it up because nobody had done it in a long time, and i wanted people to know. but credit to you for using this ages ago lmao

Yeah, Simisage is a big a threat to defensive teams, as almost all the things that can stand up to it rely on eviolite, which it handily dispatches of with Knock off. The only thing I can think of that's fully evolved is Wormadam-T and Dustox, but wormadam hates having no leftovers and dustox needs rocks off the field to potentially avoid the 2hko with rock slide.
EDIT: Also swallot who cant even be knocked off :o

Also been having fun with Trick Room recently, one mon that has really stood out to me is Pancham, because it has nifty bulk with eviolite, a powerful drain punch, great coverage in dark/fighting/poison and access to swords dance. It means that given a situation where it forces something out, it can SD, take pretty much any non super-effective hit, 1hko back with drain punch and be healthy enough to take another- for example, it takes about 65% from a life orb simisear fire blast, 1hkos with a +2 punch and is left with roughly 75% of its hp. Of course im p shit at offense so take this all with a pinch of salt, but for someone better at it than me its probably worth a look?

Also been having fun with Trick Room recently, one mon that has really stood out to me is Pancham, because it has nifty bulk with eviolite, a powerful drain punch, great coverage in dark/fighting/poison and access to swords dance. It means that given a situation where it forces something out, it can SD, take pretty much any non super-effective hit, 1hko back with drain punch and be healthy enough to take another- for example, it takes about 65% from a life orb simisear fire blast, 1hkos with a +2 punch and is left with roughly 75% of its hp. Of course im p shit at offense so take this all with a pinch of salt, but for someone better at it than me its probably worth a look?
I seriously see no reason too use pancham on trick room when SD+Trick room gives you only 2 rounds to sweep :[ I would much rather run Pignite for its better coverage and higher BP moves, or even scraggy which can make better use of BU and has STAB Knock off. Don Honchkrorleone will probably be comming in rooting for Timburr but I dont think its good. SD + cool coverage looks like it might give pancham a minor (And I mean TINY) niche, but never anything higher than D

Trick room is definitively strong in FU, having good abusers like Octillery, LO Wigglytuff and Ramparados. I've been thinking about making a TR team but its kinda hard because there are so many thing you need on a team these days. The best setters this tier has to offer are all hate Knock off, and that is kinda counterproductive when we have so much good stuff. Spritzee, Slowpoke and Solrock look like the best mons. Hypno might be able to pull it of but we fist need to figure out how hypno handles in the tier. If you're really ballsy try out Bronzor, it hardwalls the shit fraxure sets everybody uses (looses to Taunt sets but the ladder is retarded). Krow is sadly common and shuts it down, same for Taunt Fraxure (which is WAY better than Double dance/3atk+DD) which also poops on every mon you'll usually find on TR.

Last edited:
Yeah it was a really thrown together team I did in a few minutes, I considered Pignite but I wanted something with a more powerful and consistent fighting STAB. The thing that made it stand out was that when TR ran out it proved to be decently effective due to the sustainability provided by drain punch, so I thought it might be worth a look outside the playstyle. Also rock is a really good STAB in the tier and its nice to have a switchin.

Knock off was a big issue which is why I ended up using TR Stantler, who actually got a surprising amount of setup opportunities with intimidate. Its decent speed tier was a pain, but something that can set up room under pressure from darks is pretty essential. I guess Spritzee is an option for more defensive approaches, but it wants to keep a hold of its eviolite.

termi

bike is short for bichael
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Yeah it was a really thrown together team I did in a few minutes, I considered Pignite but I wanted something with a more powerful and consistent fighting STAB. The thing that made it stand out was that when TR ran out it proved to be decently effective due to the sustainability provided by drain punch, so I thought it might be worth a look outside the playstyle. Also rock is a really good STAB in the tier and its nice to have a switchin.

Knock off was a big issue which is why I ended up using TR Stantler, who actually got a surprising amount of setup opportunities with intimidate. Its decent speed tier was a pain, but something that can set up room under pressure from darks is pretty essential. I guess Spritzee is an option for more defensive approaches, but it wants to keep a hold of its eviolite.
dont use pancham.

Don Honchkrorleone

Happy Qwilfish the nightmare
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Not ranking fucking Pancham. There is no reason to use that over Rampardos, Beartic, Lairon, Meditite, Sudowoodo, Zweilous, etc as a strong physical nuke. Besides setting up on Trick Room is like using Protect on it to waste a turn. Besides, Eviolite on TR abusers is not very smart since most of the time you'd rather be killing shit. And Pancham at all is a terrible Pokemon, and the FU players should have gotten over the Machoke abstinence syndrome as of yet (so many fucking Monfernos on ladder...)

And I used Trick Room, and it's quite solid despite Ursaring leaving, which was an unfortunate event for this playstyle. This is what is almost mandatory when making a TR team (for me at least):

Chimecho @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Healing Wish
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic / Recover

Trick Room is the epitome of HO, and Healing Wis the is the best move for any HO team, and for Trick Room its no exception. Revitalizing Rampardos / Octillery / Duosion / Zweilous / Meditite / Seviper / etc is a nightmare for the opposite team. Dazzling Gleam + Colbur Berry screws any Dark-types that try to beat Chimecho, with the EVs giving a good chance to KO CM Krow after 2 Dazzling Gleams while not dying back. There are other good TR setters in FU such as Porygon, Solrock, Slowpoke, Spritzee, Gourgeist-Large, Duosion, Frillish and more, and Chimecho is the only of those that can Healing Wish. Kinda like Lunar Dance Cress / Mesprit on upper tiers, but way less bulkier.

i literally just said it "could be worth a look", it's not like I was nomming it for A or anything ?_?

oops ninja'd, but ye i didnt even suggest a ranking like seriously

Gary

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
More rank changes:

Gourgeist-S A- to B+: Gourgeist-S is a cool Pokemon seeing as how it is one of the only decent Ghost-types in the tier and it is very fast for a bulky Pokemon, and although it checks a decent amount of physical Pokemon in the tier, it struggles to do anything to the special attacking side of the tier. It also has a bad matchup to most of the top tier threats, and with the introduction of Rapidash into the tier it pretty much gives it a free switch into it, as nothing Gourgeist-S can do really scares Rapidash that much. It also gives Sub NP Simisear a free set up opportunity, which really sucks. It's still a great check to things like Arbok, Fraxure, Sawsbuck, and Gabite, but I don't think it's as useful as it used to be.

Wigglytuff B+ to A-: Wigglytuff is like really good at the moment, and I mean REALLY good. It's a fantastic SR setter with an array of coverage moves which allows it to easily threaten a majority of the SR users in the tier, as well as Defoggers and Spinners. Specs is an insanely good hole puncher, and with a competitive boost practically nothing wants to switch into what is technically a +3 Hyper Voice or Dazzling Gleam. It's also bulky enough that it can check Fraxure at +1 as long as it doesn't carry Iron Tail, but most carry Poison Jab which it can live with some defensive investment.

Lumineon to B-
Vibrava to B+
Wormadam-T to B-
Sudowoodo to C
Onix to C
Magnemite to C
Dustox to E
Furret to E
Unown to E
Yanma to C
Duosion to B

Also enjoy these last few days of FU men, because I highly doubt FU is going to ever get a perm ladder considering that PU is not an official meta, so I would be very surprised if they allow two usage based OMs to have perm ladders. It was fun guys :[

Also enjoy these last few days of FU men, because I highly doubt FU is going to ever get a perm ladder considering that PU is not an official meta, so I would be very surprised if they allow two usage based OMs to have perm ladders. It was fun guys :[
Which is surprising when you take into account that this thread has 23 pages, clearly showing interest of players in the tier. I don't know why they wouldn't keep both PU and FU ladders even if they aren't official ? I'm missing something ?

Gary

Which is surprising when you take into account that this thread has 23 pages, clearly showing interest of players in the tier. I don't know why they wouldn't keep both PU and FU ladders even if they aren't official ? I'm missing something ?
No you're not really missing anything. I've already talked with a few of the OM Mods, and they've pretty much told me the same thing. PU and FU are practically the same metagame because they're based on usage, so in a way, making an FU ladder would just be like making a slightly modified PU ladder. Technically you can play FU games on the PU ladder, it's just that it doesn't force you to FU Pokemon. So yeah technically we'll always be able to play FU, but with PU's usage instead. It's unfortunate despite how popular and fun a ladder has been with stricly FU Pokemon, but I can see where they're coming from so I don't think it's that unfair. We can still play a metagame where you can use Electabuzz, Simisear, and Gabite, but the only downside is that they might not necessarily be viable anymore.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
on the bright side, a good majority of the fu tier list is still viable in pu. The only mons that are too mediocre in most cases high in fu viability are electabuzz, krokorok, gabite, lairon, marshtomp, Persian, fearow, regigigas, and Ninjask if scyther moves to nu by usage (which in turn might steal Jask from fu, which would suck). So at least using old fu favorites like mixsage is still an option.

Don Honchkrorleone

Happy Qwilfish the nightmare
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Or maybe we could get a ladder in another server? This way we could not only keep playing but also have a decrease of randoms that use Defensive Gabite on their teams and use the ladder till the OMoTM limit expires / PU becomes official.

I'm still wondering why all those shitty LC pokemon made the viability but drifblim still isnt ranked, any reason why ?

May I ask why Sudowoodo is unranked? The only thing I can really see as its competition is Gigalith, being both pure Rock types, and Gigalith's stats being better overall. However, I feel Sudowoodo could be done well, as it has a few things that seperate itself from Gigalith. Firstly, it has Rock Head, with Double Edge and Wood Hammer, Sudowoodo also gets Sucker Punch, which is probably the main reason to use Sudowoodo over Gigalith. It also gets Ice Punch, allowing it to hit Fraxure and Gabite for super effective damage. And finally, Sudowoodo can run a Rock Polish set better, with 5 more speed. While this may not seem like much, but at +2, Gigalith is still outsped by 100+ base speed Pokemon, like Electabuzz, the elemental monkeys, and some other stuff I am forgetting, while Sudowoodo outspeeds them at +2
Of course, Sudowoodo lacks the bulk and attack power of Gigalith, but I still feel Sudowoodo has a big enough niche(s) to be in D-Rank.
fu noob here plz dont kill me :[

May I ask why Sudowoodo is unranked? The only thing I can really see as its competition is Gigalith, being both pure Rock types, and Gigalith's stats being better overall. However, I feel Sudowoodo could be done well, as it has a few things that seperate itself from Gigalith. Firstly, it has Rock Head, with Double Edge and Wood Hammer, Sudowoodo also gets Sucker Punch, which is probably the main reason to use Sudowoodo over Gigalith. It also gets Ice Punch, allowing it to hit Fraxure and Gabite for super effective damage. And finally, Sudowoodo can run a Rock Polish set better, with 5 more speed. While this may not seem like much, but at +2, Gigalith is still outsped by 100+ base speed Pokemon, like Electabuzz, the elemental monkeys, and some other stuff I am forgetting, while Sudowoodo outspeeds them at +2
Of course, Sudowoodo lacks the bulk and attack power of Gigalith, but I still feel Sudowoodo has a big enough niche(s) to be in D-Rank.
fu noob here plz dont kill me :[
Gigalith gets more use simply due to its higher bulk, in HP, Def and SpD, with a stronger base Atk that makes it a lot less passive than the other walls in FU, but with Sudowoodoit, it has the better coverage in wood hammer and elemental punches.

Jumpluff
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Bullet Seed

So now that the last few days are coming on, I've been messing around with Jumpluff. Its actually really good and I wish I had found it sooner. This offensive set catches a lot of people off guard and its pretty hilarious. It outspeeds almost everything bar ninjask and persian and actually has a nice attack stat after Swords Dance. Try it out an shave some fun with it

Jumpluff
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Bullet Seed

So now that the last few days are coming on, I've been messing around with Jumpluff. Its actually really good and I wish I had found it sooner. This offensive set catches a lot of people off guard and its pretty hilarious. It outspeeds almost everything bar ninjask and persian and actually has a nice attack stat after Swords Dance. Try it out an shave some fun with it
The SD set is pretty much the only reason Jumpluff has a rank lol, but the low ladder is stupid and thinks SubSeed is good ._. thats why people unexperienced in the meta dont expect it
Also, Seed bomb is 90% of the time a better alternativ, as most sub mons either resist Bullet seed or wont dare setup, and there are few common sturdy/sash mons which even deals with jumpluff.
The only things stopping Jumpluff is steels, vullaby and sleep powders shit accuracy

~Volbeatdown~ hahah that just makes it worse lol

Last edited:
The SD set is pretty much the only reason Jumpluff has a rank lol, but the low ladder is stupid and thinks SubSeed is good ._. thats why people unexperienced in the meta dont expect it
Also, Seed bomb is 90% of the time a better alternativ, as most sub mons either resist Bullet seed or wont dare setup, and there are few common sturdy/sash mons which even deals with jumpluff.
The only things stopping Jumpluff is steels, vullaby and sleep powders shit accuracy
wait um what it has infiltrator making bullet seed even worse lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)