Custom 3D Animated Renders

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I know you're busy, but is there any chance you could do Suicune so it's positioned more like it's artwork here:

(current one for reference:
)

If not, then thanks anyway, and you're doing a great job on all the other models!

DJTHED

Amateur 3D Animator
is a Top Artist
I know you're busy, but is there any chance you could do Suicune so it's positioned more like it's artwork here:

If not, then thanks anyway, and you're doing a great job on all the other models!
Suicune could potentially be one of the hardest ones to reanimate souly because of those pesky ribbons (at least... I think those are ribbons). There's literally 23 individual bones for each ribbon, and it's incredibly hard to probably rig and to get it to look right. I'll see what I can do, though.

Agonist

Suicune could potentially be one of the hardest ones to reanimate souly because of those pesky ribbons (at least... I think those are ribbons). There's literally 23 individual bones for each ribbon, and it's incredibly hard to probably rig and to get it to look right. I'll see what I can do, though.
Thanks! If it's too complicated, don't bother, no need to go through too much trouble. And I think they're supposed to be tails.

DJTHED

Amateur 3D Animator
is a Top Artist
Wait, so did you drop the Pory request? It'd be really rude if you did.
aXl had said what I would have said. The reason they move like that is because their movement is based off of desktop toys. I see no reason to work on them unless they had some sort of shading issue (i.e. Snorlax's back-sprite).

Why did you do Mega Absol, then? There was nothing wrong with it. It was Sparkl3y's opinion that it was boring standing there just as much as it is mine that the Porys' animations look weird. There's no reason for you to accept one and reject the other. I can extend the argument to Umbreon as well, since you outright stated that you didn't make improvements.

DJTHED

Amateur 3D Animator
is a Top Artist
Why did you do Mega Absol, then? There was nothing wrong with it. It was Sparkl3y's opinion that it was boring standing there just as much as it is mine that the Porys' animations look weird. There's no reason for you to accept one and reject the other. I can extend the argument to Umbreon as well, since you outright stated that you didn't make improvements.
I worked on M-Absol because I agreed with Sparkl3y's opinion, and I figured that it would be interesting if it had a more serious look. As for Umbreon, it's actually a modified version of the avatar animation I made as requested from a personal friend. Since the animation was mostly done, I didn't see why not make it into a sprite, even if it wasn't that much different.

Sure, the Porygon animations look weird, I agree with you there, but it's like that because of the reason I said before. To be honest, I'm not sure what I'd do differently with their animations. Sorry if you feel offended because I didn't acknowledge your request, but I won't spend days working on a sprite that I feel doesn't really warrant an alternate pose/animation or a fix up to it's shading.

The Mega Absol models look amazing! You've made it look a lot more menacing and in-character. The improved shading is much more pleasing to look at, too.

Do you think you can give Mega Tyranitar a more aggressive-looking stance, considering it's a blood-thirsty battle-hungry killing machine? It just looks so...oddly calm in its official model. I was thinking of a pose somewhat like the Emerald sprite, but with a less tilted head. That sprite does show the aggression greatly, hence why I'm referencing it.
This one right here. I personally consider it one of the best official sprites period and I think that furious expression and stance suit Mega Tyranitar perfectly. Of course, it's your choice on whether or not you'll make it.

Anyway, the best of luck with your future endeavors on this project!

Wait, so did you drop the Pory request? It'd be really rude if you did.
Request. The word itself explains it; it's just a request, which means one can accept or decline it. Don't act like a brat just because yours wasn't accepted.

Last edited:

dhelmise

everything is embarrassing
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
The Mega Absol models look amazing! You've made it look a lot more menacing and in-character. The improved shading is much more pleasing to look at, too.

Do you think you can give Mega Tyranitar a more aggressive-looking stance, considering it's a blood-thirsty battle-hungry killing machine? It just looks so...oddly calm in its official model. I was thinking of a pose somewhat like the Emerald sprite, but with a less tilted head. That sprite does show the aggression greatly, hence why I'm referencing it.
This one right here. I personally consider it one of the best official sprites period and I think that furious expression and stance suit Mega Tyranitar perfectly. Of course, it's your choice on whether or not you'll make it.

Anyway, the best of luck with your future endeavors on this project!

Request. The word itself explains it; it's just a request, which means one can accept or decline it. Don't act like a brat just because yours wasn't accepted.
Shit got real. And yeah I second this request.

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
I honestly like that tail animation. then again, I know more about 2D animation not 3D, so I could be wrong on how it works. You just have to make the bones work well together, which could be hard to do on ribbon like places.

DJTHED

Amateur 3D Animator
is a Top Artist
The animation still needs to be cleaned up, but I would like to know if this animation looks okay to others. It's tough to get the look right compared to the 2D sprite because of how stiff Mega Tyranitar is in general.

I usually work on the animated avatar before the sprite itself, that's why I'm sharing this in an avatar form rather than sprite form.

The animation still needs to be cleaned up, but I would like to know if this animation looks okay to others. It's tough to get the look right compared to the 2D sprite because of how stiff Mega Tyranitar is in general.

I usually work on the animated avatar before the sprite itself, that's why I'm sharing this in an avatar form rather than sprite form.
Oh, that is absolutely flawless. Go for it! Can't wait to see it finished! Of course, just take your time.

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I have to say, I'm a HUGE fan of your work and have been checking back constantly for updates.

If it's not too much to ask, I have a request. Mega Blaziken is one of my favorite mons, but I've never really been a huge fan of it standing on just one leg. Would it be possible for you to make it so that it stands on both legs? I feel like it would make Mega Blaziken's fighting stance a whole lot more menacing if it didn't look like it could be pushed over quite easily. I like how its upper body is animated, but the one leg stand thing is what bothers me.

http://www.models-resource.com/3ds/pokemonxy/model/8335/ <- sprite for reference.

DJTHED

Amateur 3D Animator
is a Top Artist
I have to say, I'm a HUGE fan of your work and have been checking back constantly for updates.

If it's not too much to ask, I have a request. Mega Blaziken is one of my favorite mons, but I've never really been a huge fan of it standing on just one leg. Would it be possible for you to make it so that it stands on both legs? I feel like it would make Mega Blaziken's fighting stance a whole lot more menacing if it didn't look like it could be pushed over quite easily. I like how its upper body is animated, but the one leg stand thing is what bothers me.

http://www.models-resource.com/3ds/pokemonxy/model/8335/ <- sprite for reference.
I'm not sure if I'll be able to do this for a while.

See the fire coming out of his wrists? Well, I have absolutely no idea how to replicate that effect. There are so many things that I can't get right. The black outline doesn't render correctly, the color and dynamic textures of the fire, etc. I'll promise you that I will get to M-Blaziken when I can figure out a solution. This problem also applies to any other Pokemon that has this effect (Moltres, Chandelure, Emboar, Infernape, Rapidash, etc.)

DJTHED

Amateur 3D Animator
is a Top Artist
I recorded most of the process of animating T-Tar up to the point of the avatar I posted on post #66 and uploaded it as a time-lapse. This is was uploaded just for those who are curious.

Anyway, the beginning was posing, while the rest was pretty much pure animation. I actually dumped my first animation attempt about halfway through as I didn't like where it was going. Unfortunately I failed to record animating the tail and a few minor adjustments I made to the arms in the second attempt. Not a huge loss though.

DJTHED These are absolutely incredible! I'm astonished, really, they're just so fantastic! My absolute favorite is the Mega Absol:

Look how great that pose is! The detail is insane and you have some mad skill man. Keep up the great work :].

I was going to request a Keldeo fighting stance, but you appear busy, so I'll not!

DJTHED

Amateur 3D Animator
is a Top Artist
Sorry for the lack of updates for the past few days. I was a bit busy with finals this week and all that jazz. Anyway, here's M-T-Tar's sprites:

Original
---> New

Original
---> New

Shinies:
Original
---> New

Original
---> New

Last edited:
Sorry for the lack of updates for the past few days. I was a bit busy with finals this week and all that jazz. Anyway, here's M-T-Tar's sprites:

Old
---> New

Old
---> New

Shinies:
Old
---> New

Old
---> New
Amazing work! Hey, any chance you could do Vaporeon in a somewhat similar stance to its Gen V sprite?

I really don't like how the tail is just... flopped. It makes Vaporeon so lazy...

Ahh... Much better.

http://www.models-resource.com/3ds/pokemonxy/model/8819/

Old
---> New

Old
---> New

Shinies:
Old
---> New

Old
---> New
Ah, fantastic job on Mega Tyranitar. My hat's off to you. I do hope you liked working on these sprites/models and my request wasn't too much, haha. As always, I'll be looking forward to what you have in mind next. Once again, thanks a bunch!

Agonist

Original
---> New

Original
---> New

Shinies:
Original
---> New

Original
---> New
Damn, that looks so much better than it did before. I like how it flexes its fingers/hands, nice little detail. Great job!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)