Nickname discussion

Some of my most recent nicknames come to my mind:
- Maria the Gardevoir
Background:
First of all, the Ralts line kinda reminds me of theaters, Kirlia being a ballet dancer and Gardevoir some kind of opera actress (did you really think Gardevoir being able to learn Hyper Voice was just a coincident? :P). Second of all I'm a hugh fan of Final Fantasy 6, which also features an opera scene including one of the protagonists who assumes the role of the female protagonist of the play who's called Maria.
- Electra the Manectric
Background:
The name's from a greek drama and since my Manectric is female and has an Electric typing, I thought that it fits her pretty well.

Some of my favorites that I can think of at the moment:

Dynamic Duo, my (Mega) Kangakhan. The parent and child are guaranteed to leave an impressionable 1-2 punch!

I suppose that Nightmare the Darkrai is another one, not just because he is a Darkrai, but because I made him in Pokedit for competitive battles in Ubers (not that I like Uber battles, but better to have Nightmare and not need him...). A dose of that Dark Void in a double or triple battle, and you'll see what I mean. He is also fast, and hits pretty hard.

Heat Train the Heatran. I've been thinking of naming a Heatran this. Why not? Heatran and Heat Train sounds similar, and with a Calm nature, mine will barrel through, taking hits while smiling back, and hitting back like a steaming locomotive, albeit with a STAB Magma Storm, because lets face it: Heatran prefers to hang back and slam his enemies with overwhelming heat, or blasts of light (Flash Cannon!), rather than tackling his foes.

Gengster the Gengar. It just sounds better than what I first gave him: Morty. Gengster loves to put Pokemon to sleep, and snack on their dreams, and that is gangsta!

Icy Price the Regice. A constant partner from my Emerald days, and named after the nickname that I remember our first Ice gym leader was known by in the anime.

Croakie the Froakie (and eventually Greninja). I just thought it was one of my simpler, nicer names. Its a Froakie that croakies. 'Nuff said. That is probably one of those names I'll reuse when I get around to breeding a perfect IV Timid Protean Froakie, even though I like to avoid using the same name more than once.

Catman (Landorus-T) & Robin (Skarmory):
These two kinda go hand in hand. There isn't much of a story behind my Landorus' name, other then "I wanted to give it a nickname, but had no ideas, so I named it Catman because that rhymes with Batman". But when I put it on a team I'm working on, I noticed I needed to replace another one of my team members to compliment my Landorus, while still keeping the same play style as before. It just happened that Skarmory was best suited for this. And well, Skarmory is a bird... And its a partner to my Landorus-T... Who is called Catman... Do I need to keep explaining?

Ymir (Kyurem-B):
In Norse mythology, Ymir is a primordial giant who fathered the first giants (Aka: Jotunn) and gods, before his offspring surpassed and killed him. Kyurem on the other hand, essentially birthed Reshiram and Zekrom (Not quite gods, but pretty close). While Kyurem was never killed or anything, he (I'll just refer to Kyurem as a he for now, seeing as I'm comparing him to a male character from mythology) WAS surpassed by his other halves and became irrelevant for a while. Ymir is also sometimes depicted as being a frost giant, although this isn't what he was in the original mythology. So yeah, far from a perfect parallel, but it's close enough.

iLift (Mega Swampert):
Just look at him! He lifts!

That's all for now.

With my nicknames, I tend to use references sometimes witty.

Examples:
Unown D: She Wants It (Explanatory)
Hypno: Robin Thicke (Music junkies should get that one)
Lickilicky: Miley Cyrus (See above)
Froslass: Adele Dazim (See John Travolta at Oscars)
Celebi: N. Tropy (Crash Bandicoot reference)
Meloetta: Etta James (Play on words)
Tentacruel: Gorath (I'm hoping someone knows where this reference is from)
Crawdaunt: Ct. Dismissed (Knows Dragon Dance and...well...you should get it from there...I hope)
Politoed: Michigan J
Purugly: Tardar Sauce
Liepard: LuvTheWayYou
Volbeat: Owl City
Hitmonlee: AntonioBrown (See Steelers vs Browns Week 1 of 2014 season)

For my OR play through I got a carvana as sharpeedo is an awesome surfing HM slave.... I named it Mr deadfishy. Seriously look at Carvana's OR sprite. And mr fishy is from something I can't remember for the life of me.

I have a zigzagoon HM slave that I named Django.

My Sceptile's name is Geico.

My female pelipper is Toucan Sammy(samantha didn't fit)

My breloom is Broloom.

Mightyena is A'ightyena

and the Female Kadabra I still can't pick a name for is Hoedini.

Litra

Desire Sensor's favorite plaything
is an Artist Alumnus
More names.

Airini the Salamence
Cendrillon and Drachbane the Gardevoir
Iskander the Gallade
Cello the Eelektross
Phoemander the Blaziken
Enlil the Rayquaza
Raphael the Conkeldurr
Bernadotte the Staraptor
Gladis the Terrakion
Ramiel the Deoxys
Queen Kazma the Lopunny

Oh, and named my Rotom-H 'Auschwitz' for awhile. Censor lets that fly by, but not 'Violet'.

Trumpets the Phanphy, my newest hatchling that is the first that I've rush bred for a competition. I was originally going to name her Ellie, but thought that Trumpets was more original. She would probably have been named Trunks if male.

Now I need to begin Project Southern Fried Chicken, because the way I figure, having to go mega to get Speed Boost is not ideal. And considering that I only have about three days to get those 5 perfect IVs, and need to start on that tomorrow, I'd better start catching that Adamant Ditto now.

I have named my Torchic SoutherFried. I wanted to name him Southern Fried, but there just wasn't enough letter space, and I figure that KFC would be unoriginal at this point.
Considering that I consider it to be good luck to name all the Pokemon that I use competitively, unless someone suggests something better, then SoutherFried is what I'm going with.

I have named my Torchic SoutherFried. I wanted to name him Southern Fried, but there just wasn't enough letter space, and I figure that KFC would be unoriginal at this point.
Considering that I consider it to be good luck to name all the Pokemon that I use competitively, unless someone suggests something better, then SoutherFried is what I'm going with.
South Fried could work as a different spelling, but with the same idea to it.

Has anyone mentioned a Treecko, Grovyle, or Sceptile named Geico?

Pent

dumb broad
TheNewJynx
YourGirl
MugMeBruh
WifiConnect
MyAnaconda
Titania

Kyubae

All soft resetted/Caught/Bred by me.
(I use some of these names on Showdown)
:]

Litra

Desire Sensor's favorite plaything
is an Artist Alumnus
I don't suppose anyone can come up with a name for a male Audino?
"House D.J.", "Dr Frank F" & "Docto Procto" were the only ones that came to mind. Sorry, I do not do well with naming males.

Yeah, I think I'm gonna keep Nurse Joe. I'm really thankful for all of your suggestions.

Edit: And the newest member of our extended family is Barbeque, my newly hatched Thick Fat Tepig.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)