Ability Unity!

"Really good" wouldn't even begin to cut it. Almost the entire viable tier won't take 2 Sun-boosted Sheer Force Fire Blasts.

Guys. Read through the thread to make sure it wasn't mentioned, but Reckless Infernape. Da Power is real.
Also, Sheer Force entei anyone? Probs not, cause you lose all the power, but maybe intimidate? Maybe Drought?
Intimidate MAlt... Mence's true successor.
Rough Skin Zygarde.
Levitate Rachi. Maybe useless though, you decide.
Feel sorry for torn-t. So useless... Doesn't get anything, and doesn't share anything.

Guys. Read through the thread to make sure it wasn't mentioned, but Reckless Infernape. Da Power is real.
Also, Sheer Force entei anyone? Probs not, cause you lose all the power, but maybe intimidate? Maybe Drought?
Intimidate MAlt... Mence's true successor.
Rough Skin Zygarde.
Levitate Rachi. Maybe useless though, you decide.
Feel sorry for torn-t. So useless... Doesn't get anything, and doesn't share anything.
Tough Claws Jirachi? Physically-offensive Jirachi new meta.

Adaptability ban is stupid by the way. Nothing really abuses it particularly well. It's limited to Fighting/Steel (Lucario, Cobalion), Normal (terrible STAB typing anyway), Water (basically Adaptability Manaphy, other things have better Abilities to run), and Water/Dark (Greninja is banned anyway).

By the way, Life Orb + Sheer Force Tail Glow Manaphy is a thing. Scald + Ice Beam + Energy Ball. gg.

inb4 Sheer Force ban.

Edit: Actually, to be honest it seems like many of those bans are just "oh, this offensive ability is actually good, we can't let that happen" without considering the repercussions, mainly that defensive playstyles also get a number of amazing abilities that aren't banned. Without the offensive abilities to keep up, stall might just dominate the meta.

Last edited:

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Tough Claws Jirachi? Physically-offensive Jirachi new meta.

Adaptability ban is stupid by the way. Nothing really abuses it particularly well. It's limited to Fighting/Steel (Lucario, Cobalion), Normal (terrible STAB typing anyway), Water (basically Adaptability Manaphy, other things have better Abilities to run), and Water/Dark (Greninja is banned anyway).

By the way, Life Orb + Sheer Force Tail Glow Manaphy is a thing. Scald + Ice Beam + Energy Ball. gg.

inb4 Sheer Force ban.

Edit: Actually, to be honest it seems like many of those bans are just "oh, this offensive ability is actually good, we can't let that happen" without considering the repercussions, mainly that defensive playstyles also get a number of amazing abilities that aren't banned. Without the offensive abilities to keep up, stall might just dominate the meta.
While it's not exactly relevant at all, you forgot about Bug/Poison for Adaptability

Well there's Scolipede, who can act as a Beedrill-lite that doesn't take up your mega slot.
Ah, fair point. And Scoli even gets Megahorn! Still, I don't think it's actually worth banning tbh. Especially if Tough Claws isn't on the "very likely to be banned" list and it has an equal number of particularly viable abusers.

O_o

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Giga Drain / Focus Blast / EQ
- Giga Drain / Focus Blast / EQ

+2 252 SpA Sceptile Focus Blast vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 290-342 (45.1 - 53.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

All mono-grass types now get Contrary. GG

All pure normal types as well get contrary, now all we need is a normal type with a lot of stat lowering moves and we're set.
Also, unless it's banned, pory-z gets protean thanks to based god kecleon. Sheer force might be better but idk

Awww, stupid bans... and I was so looking forward to using Rock Head + Head Smash Archeops too... :P

Haha, anyway... Harvest Celebi will be a pain to face, with its exceptional bulk, great movepool and good speed tier. If Exeggutor and Trevenant were annoying, this thing will be an absolute nightmare for the unprepared.

I'm excited for actually decent Contrary users, such as Leaf Storm Lilligant and Superpower Snorlax.

Oh, and there are a metric fuckton of deadly Sheer Force users now, including Excadrill, Togekiss, Haxorus (not sure if he gets any useful Sheer Force-boosted moves though), Manaphy, Arcanine, Magmortar, Porygon2, and Porygon-Z.

Let us also not forget the incredible Spiritomb, which can now abuse both Prankster and Magic Bounce depending on your personal preference.

Serene Grace Florges new meta... lol but seriously STAB Moonblast with a 60% chance to lower Special Attack is pretty damn sweet. Sylveon can do the same thing should you choose it.

Last edited:
Yes, Contrary + Quiver Dance sounds like an excellent idea. :p
ooooops :P haha, clever me. post has been corrected.

Ahem... anyway...

Victory Star gives a nice accuracy bonus to Delphox' moves, quite useful should you be annoyed by Fire Blast's random misses, but Delphox is still underwhelming really, and honestly Victini still outclasses it in general.

Rock/Grounds such as Rhyperior (and Eviolite Rhydon, Golem etc.) can use Solid Rock, Shed Skin and Sturdy interchangeably, so you can change those Pokemon to suit your strategic needs.

Sturdy Excadrill would make an exceptional support Pokemon with Stealth Rock, Rapid Spin and its excellent dual STABs, especially as a lead.

While Clear Body is a great ability to stop Intimidate users, I can see Filter being great on Klinglang and especially Registeel, letting them tank hits they would normaly struggle with as they either set up or support the team.

Speed boost Infernape is good, but you guys completely forgot about torchic... meaning every pure fire type in the game gets speed boost. Oh, also, gale wings needs to be banned, unless you want to see this anytime in your future:

Charizard@SalacBerry
Ability: Gale Wings
-BellyDrum
-Acrobatics
-substitute
-Flare Blitz

Actually, I'm ok with that. :)

Also, contrary Snorlax w/ superpower :3

Last edited by a moderator:
Then you realize Swampert gets Unaware. And you just look funny Belly Drumming on a Swampert switch.

And get owned because Swampert will setup SR as you switch out.

What about the same pokemon different forms mainly genies

or giratina, kyruems 3 forms,

Also some things that popped in my mind drought moltres (works like zard-y more or less), kinda stupid but tech durant, drought any other pure fire type with drought Darm?, sheer force vaporeon, I know it would be a down grade if its possible but i dont think it is scrappy Meloetta-p, regen suicune? volt absorb zapados? Kabutops having access to many great abilities such Sniper/tough claws hustle, scary one contrary armaldo, hustle seviper seems scary too, sheer force floatzel (Gatr with out need of DD) ,Regen laparas just to name a few

Last edited by a moderator:
This needs to be implemented. ASAP!

Also, you said you'll ban abilities on specific Pokemons. I think(gonna sound crazy as hell)we could unban Fur coat on pory2? This thing alone can keep any team from being hard swept by a dangerous overpower attacker.

252+ Atk Life Orb Reckless Mienshao High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Fur Coat Porygon2: 183-216 (48.9 - 57.7%) -- 95.3% chance to 2HKO. So just imagine what else this thing can tank.

Edit: For Fun:
252+ Atk Choice Band Aerilate Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Fur Coat Porygon2: 73-87 (19.5 - 23.2%) -- possible 5HKO(superpower can't even do over 40%).

Can't think of any other physical threat ATM. But I'm pretty sure pory2 can 1v1 all of em. If not check them.

Last edited:
This needs to be implemented. ASAP!

Also, you said you'll ban abilities on specific Pokemons. I think(gonna sound crazy as hell)we could unban Fur coat on pory2? This thing alone can keep any team from being hard swept by a dangerous overpower attacker.

252+ Atk Life Orb Reckless Mienshao High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Fur Coat Porygon2: 183-216 (48.9 - 57.7%) -- 95.3% chance to 2HKO. So just imagine what else this thing can tank.

Edit: For Fun:
252+ Atk Choice Band Aerilate Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Fur Coat Porygon2: 73-87 (19.5 - 23.2%) -- possible 5HKO(superpower can't even do over 40%).

Can't think of any other physical threat ATM. But I'm pretty sure pory2 can 1v1 all of em. If not check them.
I think it would be more balanced on a pokemon that doesn't have as much special bulk. On pory2 it just turns it into a game-breaking tank that no wallbreaker can get through

What about the same pokemon different forms mainly genies

or giratina, kyruems 3 forms,

Also some things that popped in my mind drought moltres (works like zard-y more or less), kinda stupid but tech durant, drought any other pure fire type with drought Darm?, sheer force vaporeon, I know it would be a down grade if its possible but i dont think it is scrappy Meloetta-p, regen suicune? volt absorb zapados? Kabutops having access to many great abilities such Sniper/tough claws hustle, scary one contrary armaldo, hustle seviper seems scary too, sheer force floatzel (Gatr with out need of DD) ,Regen laparas just to name a few
Thinking about Drought... How about Drought Regular Charizard. Make it hold the X Mega Stone and you just get ridiculousness. Maybe a single Dragon Dance, then you got 4 turns to kill yourself with Flare Blitz. Look at this calc, I guess:
+1 252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 96 HP / 0 Def Manaphy in Sun: 322-380 (88.2 - 104.1%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

Hell, even this is impressive considering Rhyperior is a defensive beast and it's a resist
+1 252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 212 HP / 252 Def Rhyperior in Sun: 212-250 (50 - 58.9%) -- 74.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

And just for fun:
+1 252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Leavanny in Sun: 3108-3660 (1068 - 1257.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Despite its potential ban, Prankster Mandibuzz has some unique properties. However roost can work against you for fighting type users.

Prankster bulk up rest talk throh with circle throw or drain punch or anything can be fun. Rip guts talk though

I am also unclear as to how mega abilities can be shared, by its logic you can have magic bounce Diancie before mega, same with zard getting drought, you can use swift swim Swampert to get the speed boost before evolving, (side note, unaware Gastrodon).
My concern is mega Pokemon getting mega abilities pre evo

And the biggest threat of all, moxie Mantine. On a serious note, defensive intimidate Mantine could be great for stall teams.

The real question is, how long was it gonna take for us to realize that crocune gets marvel scale?!?!?

Last edited:
Protean is allowed, huh? There is probably only one notable user of Protean, since Crawdaunt is bad.

Porygon-Z @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock/Nasty Plot
- Agility

I herd u liek boltbeam.

I don't see why Adaptability needs a ban.

/ds Adaptability gives you:

Basculin, Beedrill-Mega, Corphish, Crawdaunt, Dragalge, Eevee, Feebas, Lucario-Mega, Porygon-Z, Skrelp

So the only type combinations that gets Adaptability are

Mono Water: I don't see how mono Water pokes would be game breaking with its STAB. The only notable user is Manaphy. That's it.
Bug/Poison: Bad STAB combination. Mega Beedrill didn't make it into OU.
Water/Dark: Only Crawdaunt and Greninja gets it. Greninja is Ubers and Crawdaunt is BL.
Dragon/Poison: No other types get this type combination besides Dragalge.
Steel/Fighting: Lucario might be good with it, but definitely won't be broken. For Cobalion, idk.
Poison/Water: Only Tentacruel have this type combination that is usable. It only has 70 Atk and 80 SpA.
Mono Normal: Normal is a bad attacking type. If not, Porygon-Z would've been OU. Notable users would be Exploud with its Boomburst. Yes, its powerful but I don't think a RU poke would be banworthy in OU just by getting Adaptability. Its not Huge Power or something.

With that said, I don't see how Adaptability is banworthy because there is no broken abuser of this (maybe Manaphy but that's only one).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)