PS! Model Mod & Fixing Thread

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
The front and back sprites of shiny and regular Rapidash have a pretty significant frame twitch on its Fire:

Quite Quiet

I need a kitchen knife that doesn't whisper to me
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
The normal Cradily sprite actually played its animation slower than the shiny form, that's why they're out of sync :) I fixed up the normal version to be at the same speed. Doesn't make a difference unless you see them side by side however.

Gary2346 the pkparaiso models have the same issue and at this point nothing that's possible to fix (most likely).

(same speed as shiny now)
(the arm shadow could be a little bit better)

(eyes are a bit better, can't do much more)
(was all spotty)
(same thing)

Last edited:
Can you fix the shiny Oras Mega/Primal Pokemon sprites???? They only show the New Hoenn Pokedex Pokemon Mugshots(The unmovable model). Thanks!

Quite Quiet

is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
Layell I looked through the animation files and it looks like I forgot to mention the size for Staraptor and Braviary changed when I made them better.

Staraptor front: width: 193 / height: 195
Staraptor back: width: 168 / height: 195
Braviary front: width: 207 / height: 184

Secondly, looking through all the sprites I saw several back sprites that had issues I know someone fixed (mostly me, so it might be some issue on my end? ^.- )
All are back sprites
abomasnow-mega
articuno
azelf
deoxys-defense
escadrill
keldeo
magmar
manectric-emga
pelipper
probopass
relicanth
seismitoad
torkoal
tropius

(flashing star)
(white dots on hat)
(flickering)
(shadow in shell)
(inside of mouth was transparent for some reason)
(less flickering)
(normal)
(shiny) (ear thing)
(normal mega glalie got the shiny sprite)
(fixed shadow near jaw joint)
(lagg in animation)
(neck shadow and stopped the second eye from disappearing)
(flickering shadow on legs)
(more leg shadows)
(shadows + pixels on tusks)
(missed some frames of animation)
(pixels on chest and tail)
(purple pixels all over the model)
(less noticeable flashing between front pair of legs)
(shiny)

Sorry for the long post :)

Quite Quiet

TFP Leader
This should be the last of the broken wings that has to be fixed. never doing wings again, I'm crying from just three of them.

(top and left was cut off)
(eye)
(shading)
(was missing a frame)
(flickering on head and legs)
(shadow on back legs was weird)
(shadow inside of wings)
(that blue line on the left hand)
(flashing back and stripes)
(flashing eye)
(shoulders flashing, among other places)
(slowdown in the animation removed)
(shiny)

That's pretty much it for non-shiny front sprites that can actually be fixed. If anyone find something I missed that isn't Steelix, Giratina-O or Rapidash just post it.

edit: Some more

(more solid red colour, less flashing in the bright spots and flashing belly shadow)
(flashing back, tail, and everything)
(flashing knee)
(neck shadow)
(grey spots along the shaded part of its body)
(butt shadow)
(head turned grey during a few frames and flashing shadows)
(blue posts across the entire body in some sprites)
(shadow on head flashing)

Last edited:

Quite Quiet

TFP Leader
I'm not doing this again. This was way more effort than it first seemed. Most of the errors the other versions had should be gone now (mostly white lines and rouge spots of colour)

normal
bug
dark
dragon
electric
fairy
fighting
fire
flying
ghost
grass
ground
ice
poison
psychic
rock
steel
water
if I messed any of them up the file names are telling, so look there.

(shell shading flashing at the left spike)
(lower back flashing)
(flower petal flashing)
(green spots flashing on its head)
(animation lagg)

Last edited:

Quite Quiet

TFP Leader
If you think we're working too slow you're welcome to help out (not just by posting things that needs fixing). I personally only have so much time in a day I can spend fixing things, so you have to be patient, things will get done.

I'm only about halfway done with all the stuff that needs manual fixing.

(one is shiny, one is not (they're actually genders but w/e))
(spotty back)
(flashing shadows)
(flickering in the black parts)
(horns)
(diamond flashing)
(flickering back shading)
(flashing head)
(lag in animations)

EDIT: Layell update from here.

EDIT2: added in the next post instead

Last edited:
I can't exactly provide the image but, Jellicent(F) does not have a back sprite whatsoever.

The requested URL /sprites/xyani-back/jellicent-f.gif was not found on this server.

Quite Quiet

TFP Leader
I'm cheating a bit because I want this out before I go to bed today so I'm skipping two backs. With this update, I think the only non-shiny front/back sprites that needs fixing should be Steelix-Mega, Rapidash, Drifblim, Giratina-O, Zekrom and Weezing (I'm working on the last two of those).

Layell Mega Abomasnow is still using a broken sprite even after the update, let me know if you need a new image for it or not.

This was from the last update, but I added them here instead so they're all in one place and easier to keep track of.
(shadow under leaf)
(spike on head turned invisible for a little bit)
(flashing red bands)
(flashing neck)
(hair was flashing)
(blue aura on leaf)
(lots of shading flashes)
(really grainy before)
(orange part of the body was flashing)
(grid pattern on back legs)
(some flashing pixels on the main body)
(shell was flickering and flashing)
(body was full of pixels and static)
(flashing body shadow)
(shading on back disappearing at times)
(bad head shading)
(black parts flashing)
(mainly animation lag (lotad had some blue-glowing outlines too))

Not in last update:
(was posted once before but overlooked? shoulder flashing)
(afro flashing)
(flashing mushroom)
(purple part of ear)
(made less pixel-y, removed a strange line from reuniclus)
(flashing horn)
(flashing tire)
(removed grid lines from backside)
(mouth-thing flashing)
(shadow on back)
(removed static)
(flashing claws)
(corner of mouth flickering)
(black line got tinted green sometimes)
(flashing black parts)
(flickering cone shadow)
(removed some static)
(flickering hair shadow)
(red/purple stripe wasn't always red/purple)
(shadow on tail)
(out pf place blue pixels on shell)
(flashing body)
(animation lagg)

Last edited:

Quite Quiet

TFP Leader
This is the last few non-shiny sprites I believe. Almost everything should be properly fixed now.

I'll be going through the spiny fronts now, but I consider the regular sprites completed.

edit for above: It's a known issue, but as far as I know it's nothing we're doing. It's been mentioned several times here so they're aware of it.
(wing and leg thingies flashing)
(shoulder shadow flashing + pixels)
(brown pixels flashing on main body)
(removed lots of pixels)

added in:
(the shiny sprite was smaller than the regular, this is the same size)

Last edited:

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So here is an idea on time frame

>

half an hour and it's still not perfect. Not doing to do much more though : S

I'll likely update soon.

Last edited:

Quite Quiet

TFP Leader
I stopped looking at the clock, it was too much time.

In general, the shiny sprites look like they compressed better than the regular ones so hopefully it's not going to take forever to get through them.

not shiny:
(the yellow thing on the upper back was flashing)
(removed some sort of line that went through them all)

shiny:
(removed some yellow pixels from the tip of its head (this was extremely minor tbh))
(removed flashing pixels from its underside)
(this was flashing transparent again, I swear that got fixed?) (Delphox front was in a similar state, but was also fixed at one point)
(blue halo)
(same as regular model)
(claw and star flashing)
(removed bars on the rock and some yellow pixels on the top)
(more pixels)
(mouth was transparent here too)
(removed pixels from the black parts)

Last edited:

Quite Quiet

TFP Leader
I keep finding more things I thought was fixed as I look at battles and then I wonder how I missed them the first time. :c

(flashing shadow on top of the arm)
(flames changing colour and pixels on the backside)

shiny:
(the lower shadow was almost black, it's a pretty minor thing tbh
)
(static across the lower body)
(cleaned up the lower shadow edge)
(white flashing inside the cape or whatever it is)
(knee shading was fading in and out (his is actually the shiny model, the non-shiny is a little bit more red and blue))
(cleaned up shading on the left side and removed something white from the mouth)
(shoulder flashing, feet losing its shading,and a few of the grey area were full of static)

edit: second update

(static in the shadows as well as purple spots on its belly)
(shading on top of its head flashing)
(tail thing)
(belly shadow)
(shadow on the extension (I don't know what it is))
(blue outline on wing (this is Latias))
(static across most of the body)
(bit of shadow static on belly and some static in general across the body)
(knee shadow)
(shading on the magnets)
(looked like it was losing half its ear for a bunch of frames)
(shadow inside mouth)

edit 2: Some more things (I will be busy with suspect tests for the next week I'll be somewhat busy)

not shiny:
(the strange line on both of them)

shiny:
(the stomach was green when it shouldn't have been)
(static everywhere)
(the eye disappeared for a bit)
(the black things were flashing and grey spots in the green)
(static on limbs)
(the line again)

Last edited:
I am aware that this isn't a very big issue, as Shiny Mega-Ray isn't... well, released, but the whisker (?) things on his back sprite has a very significant frame skip/flicker, whatever you want to call it.

I would supply a sprite, but I dunno where the shiny backsprites are. Oh well. I'm sure you'll find it.

-Mono Hearted/Starbloom

EDIT: Nevermind, I was told that this is extremely hard to fix. Oh well. I'll leave this here anyway.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)