Official Smogon Tournament XI - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokyo Tom

Somewhere between psychotic and iconic
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
another activity post - opponent has made next to 0 effort (he posted once replying to my post on his page, but even that was delayed by a week.)
opponent made the excuse that he was building, but that was about a week ago
haha he posted a gif that has absolutely nothing to do with the post, but it's based so it doesn't matter rite haha
keep saying "nigga" I'm sure it'll make you more gangster...

just so this post isn't completely useless asuya and i are playing G3 over the weekend

I'm deleting my second post to avoid a continuous stream of troll-answers for no reason, tl;dr we'll play but stop activity posting since you are basically on when i sleep and i won't put my alarm clock at 6am to play you so you need to be there a bit earlier, vming me in the middle of the night won't do the trick, we'll talk about this in private since this is not talking matter in the thread.

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a defending SPL Championis a Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
The last batch of subsitutes is here! I removed people who didn't respond to their opponents despite being online or just didn't log in a while and hadn't scheduled beforehand. I also checked the thread for activity. Finally, I didn't sub in people who signed up as so but haven't log on the forums in a while.

Valentine > Orbital
ssjjynx > MikeDawg
Leremyju > PISTOLERO
Googly > Pridy
Branflakes325 > haxiom
Asek > Soulgazer
HR. > Trinitrotoluene
lukw1010 > Stabwhisker the Odious

New pairings:

Valentine vs M Dragon
Toxzn vs ssjjynx
Leremyju vs IAmGingy
Googly vs Branflakes325
New Attitude vs Asek
Alexey vs HR.
lukw1010 vs Vinc2612

If you think you won't be able to play your game before the deadline, please let me know by PM or in his thread because there are still a lot of subs available.

Follow the Activity Post guidelines provided in the OP if you think you deserve it when you will post for it. I repeat, follow the format provided in the OP or else I will coinflip your game. I'm even gonna repost them here in case going back to page 1 is too much work for you.

About Activity Decisions

Activity Decisions / Coin Flips: We are changing the rules for activity / coin flip decisions for this tournament. In the event that there is an uncompleted match at the deadline, it will be coin flipped unless one or both of the players involved in the match specifically request an activity win and explain sufficiently why they deserve to win over their opponent. Attempting to schedule a battle is required in order to receive the win by activity. To make it clear that you are requesting an activity win when you post, you must open your post with "Activity Win Request" in bold.

Example:
Activity Win Request (notice that this is BOLDED)

I contacted my opponent on the 27th, one day after the round was posted and told him my timezone. He responded on the 30th but did not indicate his timezone. I replied back asking for a timezone on the 1st of December, and he never replied. On the 7th, I VMed him again asking whether he could battle on the weekend, and yet again he didn't respond. I deserve the activity win because my opponent ignored my attempts to schedule our battles.
If you believe your opponent is making an unfair request and that they don't deserve the activity win over you, you can either make your own request or quote their post and explain why they don't deserve it. You should try to make your activity win request posts at least 24 hours before the deadline to give your opponent a reasonable opportunity to contest it with their own activity win request.

Timer Clause will be strictly enforced for this tournament. This means that the normal disconnection rules found in the Tournament Rules, Guidelines, and Information thread do not apply. If a player disconnects and does not reconnect to their battle before the timer expires, they lose that particular game. This doesn't necessarily mean they lose the entire best-of-three set.

Last edited:

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
won with a bit of luck in both games, ZHB miss and speed tie game 1 (although Jolly ZHB maxes at 83 against Raikou) and a lucky Whirlwind roll game 2 got em

ggs, next time give me an OU player so one of us knows what we're doing...

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Why was I tagged vs googly when it should be branflakes?

McEdit: edited

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)