Noble Items

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
The voting phase has ended!

Splash Plate | Tie between FlameUser64 and Jajoken. Which submission is better in your opinion and why?
Mystic Water | The holder's Water type moves have 50% leech. (by Ghoul King)
Deep Sea Scale | If the holder is in the Water1 egg group their special defense is raised 50%. If they are not already water type, their second type becomes water. (by Chaoswalker)
Deep Sea Tooth | If the holder is in the Water1 egg group their special attacks do 50% more damage. If they are not already water type, their second type becomes water. (by Chaoswalker)
In the end, the submissions that weren't Clamperl's line signature items ended up winning... And the votes weren't scattered... Okay...

New Items for Submission:
(Note: Please try and do all if possible. Thank you.)
Water slate part 2
Sea Incense
Wave Incense
Prism Scale (you can make this as widespread or niche as you want, preferably niche for Feebas/Milotic)
Red Scale (you can make this as widespread or niche as you want, preferably niche for Magikarp/Gyarados)

Splash Plate | Tie between FlameUser64 and Jajoken. Which submission is better in your opinion and why?
Mystic Water | The holder's Water type moves have 50% leech. (by Ghoul King)
Deep Sea Scale | If the holder is in the Water1 egg group their special defense is raised 50%. If they are not already water type, their second type becomes water. (by Chaoswalker)
Deep Sea Tooth | If the holder is in the Water1 egg group their special attacks do 50% more damage. If they are not already water type, their second type becomes water. (by Chaoswalker)
In the end, the submissions that weren't Clamperl's line signature items ended up winning... And the votes weren't scattered... Okay...

Water slate part 2
Sea Incense
Wave Incense
Prism Scale (you can make this as widespread or niche as you want, preferably niche for Feebas/Milotic)
Red Scale (you can make this as widespread or niche as you want, preferably niche for Magikarp/Gyarados)
Can I just mention that Deep Sea Tooth Manaphy is terrifying? Specs boost + Tail Glow = gg.

Honestly, I think I might like Jajoken's Splash Plate better than my own in some ways. At the same time, though, I feel like that effect would work better for a different item. Then again, the Draco Plate already breaks the "flavour" of the other plates, but in my book that's fine because we don't need STAB Boomburst Noivern even if it is Dragon rather than Flying, nor STAB ESpeed Dragonite.

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Can I just mention that Deep Sea Tooth Manaphy is terrifying? Specs boost + Tail Glow = gg.
It's a nice powerhouse, but I think Deep Sea Scale + max Def would work better. It can take more hits (coupled with Rain support and Hydration Rest can become super scary), and Tail Glow is already a huge enough boost.

Red Scale-Gyrados becomes part dragon
Justifaction gyarados is a dragon
Prism Scale-Milotic becomes part fairy
it's a counter point to gyarados
wave Insense-water attacks double the chance for secondary effects
Sea insence-activates rain based abilities.
i want hydro rest goodra to be a thing
hydro rest is a potentially devastating strategy that is useless with out perma rain to back it up and is anoying as hell for stall.
if your woried about offense don't be they don't get the rain boost an item or an aditional ability. and remember knock off is a thing that is every where.
(I just like rain i know how broken this item is, i just like to suggest them)and would love to be able to run kabutops on non rain dedicated teams

and splash plate for Jajoken becuase 50 percent burn scalds sound anoying and fun.

Last edited:
Sea Incense: Water attacks deal double damage on resisted hits.
Flavor concept: Causes the opponent to be overwhelmed by the power of the sea basically.
Competitive concept: Basically a Tinted Lens for Water-type attacks, which can now hit virtually everything neutrally.

Wave Incense: Holder is immune to Ground-type attacks if it is Water-type and immune to Water-type moves if it is Flying-type.
Flavor concept: Tied to the Mantine line and its Water Absorb and natural Ground immunities. Additionally, one can escape from the land by going into the waves, and those who can soar above the waves avoid what's in them.
Competitive concept: Lets mons turn the table on others that usually stop them -- particularly those Flying-types that are weak to Water. Landorus switching in on Keldeo, for example, or Lanturn coming in to Heal Bell on Ground users.

Prism Scale: Restores 1/6 of max HP each turn while the holder is afflicted with a non-volatile status.
Flavor concept: Synergizes with Milotic's ability and defensive usage.
Competitive concept: Bulky Pokemon that use Rest are that much safer to use while Resting; while with Leftovers one needs to deal ~40% per turn to take out, with Prism Scale, it is necessary to deal a full 50% while the target is asleep to get the 3HKO. Walls that don't rest can survive a bit longer through Toxic, or even heal up in the face of a Burn. Milotic, with 1/6 HP/turn healing and +1 defense, is especially risky to status.

Red Scale: Attack is increased by 50% when the holder afflicted by a non-volatile status.
Flavor concept: Counterpart to Prism Scale in the same way that Milotic is Gyarados's counterpart; synergizes with Gyarados's love of Dragon Dancing.
Competitive concept: Much like the Prism Scale, this punishes opponents for using status moves on holders -- in this case, by providing a Guts boost. Anything that might carry Bulk Up or Dragon Dance and normally run Lum Berry could probably make good use of this. Good luck trying to stop Gyarados with a burn!

Oh, and Jajoken's concept for Splash Plate is more flavorful so I like it better.

Last edited:
I'm having trouble thinking of a pokemon who would really want water coverage that badly, so I'm leaning Jajoken's. Keldeo could run quite the super scald, with the 30% mimicking life orb and 60% chance of burn. Breaks subs to boot.
Actually though... is there any other pokemon who could really make major use of this? The only other fast offensive water type I can think of is DD Gyarados. I guess 40% chance for flinch on waterfall is kinda cool. Kinda BS too.
Meanwhile slower water types will prefer bulk or recovery. In the end Jajoken's I see mostly as the "sometimes Other keldeo Item."

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Sea Incense: Fire- and Ice-type moves deal half damage to the holder.
Flavor concept: Tied to the Azumarill line and their Thick Fat ability. Additionally, it is very difficult to change the temperature of the sea.
Competitive concept: Good for Pokemon with a glaring weakness to Fire- and/or Ice-type moves; can fully replace Occa and Yache Berries in Doubles. Also good for allowing a Pokemon to escape a normal check/counter.
Well, we already have Never-Melt Ice, which makes the user take 40% less damage from Fire and Ice type attacks. So you should probably change that.

Sea Incense: Fire- and Ice-type moves deal half damage to the holder.
Flavor concept: Tied to the Azumarill line and their Thick Fat ability. Additionally, it is very difficult to change the temperature of the sea.
Competitive concept: Good for Pokemon with a glaring weakness to Fire- and/or Ice-type moves; can fully replace Occa and Yache Berries in Doubles. Also good for allowing a Pokemon to escape a normal check/counter.

Wave Incense: Holder is immune to Ground-type attacks if it is Water-type and immune to Water-type moves if it is Flying-type.
Flavor concept: Tied to the Mantine line and its Water Absorb and natural Ground immunities. Additionally, one can escape from the land by going into the waves, and those who can soar above the waves avoid what's in them.
Competitive concept: Lets mons turn the table on others that usually stop them -- particularly those Flying-types that are weak to Water. Landorus switching in on Keldeo, for example, or Lanturn coming in to Heal Bell on Ground users.

Prism Scale: Restores 1/6 of max HP each turn while the holder is afflicted with a non-volatile status.
Flavor concept: Synergizes with Milotic's ability and defensive usage.
Competitive concept: Bulky Pokemon that use Rest are that much safer to use while Resting; while with Leftovers one needs to deal ~40% per turn to take out, with Prism Scale, it is necessary to deal a full 50% while the target is asleep to get the 3HKO. Walls that don't rest can survive a bit longer through Toxic, or even heal up in the face of a Burn. Milotic, with 1/6 HP/turn healing and +1 defense, is especially risky to status.

Red Scale: Attack is increased by 50% when the holder afflicted by a non-volatile status.
Flavor concept: Counterpart to Prism Scale in the same way that Milotic is Gyarados's counterpart; synergizes with Gyarados's love of Dragon Dancing.
Competitive concept: Much like the Prism Scale, this punishes opponents for using status moves on holders -- in this case, by providing a Guts boost. Anything that might carry Bulk Up or Dragon Dance and normally run Lum Berry could probably make good use of this. Good luck trying to stop Gyarados with a burn!

Oh, and Jajoken's concept for Splash Plate is more flavorful so I like it better.
That Sea Incense would be dumb because it's literally Never-Melt Ice but better in every way.

Edit: Ninja'd by a minute.

I'm having trouble thinking of a pokemon who would really want water coverage that badly, so I'm leaning Jajoken's. Keldeo could run quite the super scald, with the 30% mimicking life orb and 60% chance of burn. Breaks subs to boot.
Actually though... is there any other pokemon who could really make major use of this? The only other fast offensive water type I can think of is DD Gyarados. I guess 40% chance for flinch on waterfall is kinda cool. Kinda BS too.
Meanwhile slower water types will prefer bulk or recovery. In the end Jajoken's I see mostly as the "sometimes Other keldeo Item."
Not 40% flinch on Waterfall. 36%. Also, Splash Plate Scald has 51% burn chance, not 60%.

Mostly, I think it would be preferable if all Plates except Sky and Draco gave -ate like effects to specific moves. The reason to avoid those two in particular is because STAB ESpeed/Boomburst on things. Be careful with Steel too though. Fighting has already been averted as it only boosts punching/kicking moves, but Steel STAB ESpeed Lucario is still a possibility.

I do like that Splash Plate effect though. I just feel it would be better suited for a different item.

Well, we already have Never-Melt Ice, which makes the user take 40% less damage from Fire and Ice type attacks. So you should probably change that.
That Sea Incense would be dumb because it's literally Never-Melt Ice but better in every way.
Ah, my survey of the already-done items wasn't as thorough as I'd thought. I'll be editing it momentarily.

Akumeoy does Prism scale negate passive damage from the Status as a whole?
No.

I vote for mine because it's mine.

I'd support FlameUser's variant if we went back and changed the other plates to be the same thing, but it feels pointless to try and unify the effects if we already have different variants.

-

Sea Incense
: Activates the move "Aqua Ring" upon switching in.
Flavor: It's the sea, which is full of...and aqua means...you know what, I think this is pretty obvious.
Competitive: Basically a cooler variant of Leftovers, only Baton Pass users can gift it to their recipient along with any boosts. Fun toy for quick-passers like Scoliopede, or really for any Leftovers user that wants to be "enveloped in a veil made of water" rather than just munching on some stanky old apple.

Wave Incense
: Activates the move "Water Sport" upon switching in. (Note the "Sport" not "Spout." That would be broken.)
Flavor: I always imagined Water Sport as a sort of splash, just like a crashing wave.
Competitive: Cool option for Fire-weaks like Ferrothorn that don't necessarily need an item, and the effect persists for 5 turns, meaning you can switching into another Fire-weak Pokemon and protect them as well, all without resorting to wasting a move-slot on using a useless move that all those Tubers outside of Slateport kept spamming even though all of their Pokemon resisted Fire anyway.

Prism Scale
: If held by Feebas or Milotic, one third of the damage done to the holder by special attacks is dealt back to the attacker.
Flavor: A prism refracts light, just like this item refracts special (or "energy" based) damage.
Competitive: Supports Milotic as a bulky-ass motherfucker that can take special hits and Recover them off. Can be paired with Mirror Coat and Special Defense investment to passively obliterate special attackers, or just on a standard set instead of Leftovers.

Red Scale
: If held by Magikarp or Gyarados, any attack that makes contact with the holder raises their Attack one stage.
Flavor: Reference to the mechanics of the move "Rage" and subsequently "the Lake or Rage," where Red Gyarados is found in GSC.
Competitive: Makes you weary of which attacks you use on Gyarados, lest you just make his DD/Moxie sweep even easier. It also takes an interesting mechanic from a really shitty move, but I've balanced it by limiting the boost trigger to contact attacks.

Jajoken's Splash Plate submission

I really like pseudo-Parental Bond, and it's a lot more interesting than -ate Plate. Niche, sure, but good, in part because it's a decent boost that has no trade-off beyond being specialized. About the only nitpick I have is that it might be justified to make the second hit stronger.

also oh gods why are there so many water-related items water items are so hard

Sea Incense: The holder's Water type moves have +1 Priority, but have 1/2th recoil damage.
Flavor: WATER
Competitive: Obviously intended to be a nifty option for Azumarill (Replace Aqua Jet with Waterfall), but also interesting in general, particularly for bulky attackers. Not a good fit to the standard Belly Drum Azumarill, mind.

Wave Incense: I seriously got nothing The holder gains 1/8th HP a turn in rain.
Flavor: WATER. And the incenses always looked to me like rain catchers. No, really.
Competitive: Put on a Dry SKin Pokemon for hilarious restoration, or more realistically put it on a bulky Rain abuser (Gastrodon?) and tank hits like a Poison Healer. (But Poison Heal isn't dependent on temporary weather)

Prism Scale: Special attacks made against the holder have 1/4th recoil. (This includes Psyshock/Psystrike/Secret Sword)
Flavor: Reflected/scattered light!
Competitive: Just sit there Recover-spamming while they kill themselves on you. Obviously great for Milotic, but could also be useful for the likes of Ferrothorn. Oddly enough, might make Blissey a worthwhile choice over Eviolite Chansey -recoil damage is derived from HP removed, so having insane HP ups the punishment enormously.

Red Scale: The holder's attack causes Flinching one time. Used up in the process. Will still use itself up against a Shield Dust or Inner Focus Pokemon to no effect, but will not be used up if no possibility of Flinching can occur otherwise.
Flavor: RAR I AM THE RED GYARADOS
Competitive: Reliable flinches have myriad uses, but are far too powerful to just grant to Pokemon unlimitedly. (Seriously, screw Serene Grace flinch abuse) This can turn 2HKOs where you lose into victories, or interrupt a cycle of healing so you actually KO the target.

Last edited:
Sea Inscense
The holder's ability becomes aroma veil and using calm mind also increases accuracy one stage.
Flavor: The relaxing scent enshrouds you as it calms you and reminds you of the sea.
Competitive: A calm mind boost or two allows the reliable use of moves like hydro pump, focus blast, blizzard, etc. Fear the Crocune.

Wave Inscense
Effect: When sent in, the holder's deffense and special defense are raised one stage. At the end of the first turn of entering, their defenses return to normal, and their attack, special attack, and speed are raised one stage. At the end of the second turn, their attack and speed stats return to normal and their defense stats rise again. They continue alternating like this: raised Def and SpD, then raised Atk, SpA, and Spe. When they switch out, the cycle resets.
Flavor: Rise and fall, ebb and flow
Competitive: Pokemon with good defensive typing or medium bulk can find a chance to enter the battle and scare threats out. Susceptible to double switches.

Prism Scale
Effect: Attacks that are the same type as the holder do not affect them.
Flavor: Protective scale based on your own typing.
Competitive: The usefulness of this item depends entirely on the Pokemon's typing. Most types resist themselves though. First thought is that ghosts and dragons would like it.

Red Scale
Effect: If the holder is hit by an attack, their attack is raised one stage. This effect can't be activated more than once each time the holder switches in.
Flavor: Rage!
Competitive: Switching in on resisted hits in encouraged. Not so hot for glass cannons or Pokemon who rely on immunities.

Last edited:
Sea Inscense
Effect:
Flavor: The relaxing scent calms one as it reminds them of the sea.
Competitive:

Wave Inscense
Effect: Drops evasion one stage
Flavor: Go with the flow, maaaaan.
Competitive:

Prism Scale
Effect: If the holder uses a different type move than they did last turn, it does 50% more damage.
Flavor: Paint with all the colors!
Competitive: Might be good for pokemon with diverse movepools and excellent coverage. Can be troublesome when you want to keep using the same move though. Think of it was reverse-Choice Band.

Red Scale
Effect: If the holder uses the same attack as they did last turn, it does 25% more damage. This increases with each subsequent use by 50%, 75%, and finally 100% maximum. Switching moves resets the boosts.
Competitive: For pokemon who like to spam a certain move, wall breakers, and users of multiturn moves like Outrage and Petal Dance.
Your Red Scale is just a Metronome but better, so idk. Your Sea Incense entry is currently still empty. Also, does your Wave Incense affect the holder or the foe? When does it come into effect?

All of that said, I like your Prism Scale idea a lot to be honest.

Sorry, I meant to update it with new effects but copy pasted the wrong thing.

Sorry, I just changed prism scale. I figured the effect would be better suited to a later item like Rainbow wing. I'll save the effect for that time though.
As long as the holder uses a different type attack than they did last turn, it does 50% more damage.

EDIT: Oh, I didn't even know original Metronome existed. Idk what to change it to though on such short notice. I did manage to fill in both incense items though.

Last edited:
Sea Inscense
The holder's ability becomes aroma veil and using calm mind also increases accuracy one stage.
Flavor: The relaxing scent enshrouds you as it calms you and reminds you of the sea.
Competitive: A calm mind boost or two allows the reliable use of moves like hydro pump, focus blast, blizzard, etc. Fear the Crocune.

Wave Inscense
Effect: When sent in, the holder's deffense and special defense are raised one stage. At the end of the first turn of entering, their defenses return to normal, and their attack, special attack, and speed are raised one stage. At the end of the second turn, their attack and speed stats return to normal and their defense stats rise again. They continue alternating like this: raised Def and SpD, then raised Atk, SpA, and Spe. When they switch out, the cycle resets.
Flavor: Rise and fall, ebb and flow
Competitive: Pokemon would good defensive typing or medium bulk can find a chance to enter the battle and scare threats out. Susceptible to double switches.

Prism Scale
Effect: Attacks that are the same type as the holder do no damage. (This does not apply to status moves)
Flavor: Protective scale based on your own typing.
Competitive: The usefulness of this item depends entirely on the Pokemon's typing. Most types resist themselves though. First thought is that ghosts and dragons would like it.

Red Scale
Effect: If the holder uses the same attack as they did last turn, it does 25% more damage. This increases with each subsequent use by 50%, 75%, and finally 100% maximum. Using a different move or switching resets the boosts.
Competitive: For pokemon who like to spam a certain move, wall breakers, and users of multiturn moves like Outrage and Petal Dance.
I find it amusing that you put a tide effect on the Wave Incense when the Japanese name for the Sea Incense is Tide Incense while the Wave Incense is Ripple Incense.

Yeah echoing FlameUser that Red Scale is super-Metronome.

Also not a fan of Prism Scale. It's weirdly niche for non-Ghosts+Dragons, and I actually think it would've been more interesting if it did block Status moves -it wouldn't benefit some types at all (Your Fire type is immune to Will O Wisp! wait) but makes the effect less niche. (Of course, it has the extremely iffy result of making Normal types you give it immune to an enormous array of Status moves, so maybe not...) Also the current framing is ambiguous -do damaging moves simply fail/miss, or do they hit but do no damage? Because the latter would mean that, for instance, Azumarill holding it can still be Burned by Scald, just not injured by it.

Wave Incense seems interesting, though I'm having trouble wrapping my brain around what the use of it would be. Not saying it doesn't have one -just that it's very weird.

I find it amusing that you put a tide effect on the Wave Incense when the Japanese name for the Sea Incense is Tide Incense while the Wave Incense is Ripple Incense.

Yeah echoing FlameUser that Red Scale is super-Metronome.

Also not a fan of Prism Scale. It's weirdly niche for non-Ghosts+Dragons, and I actually think it would've been more interesting if it did block Status moves -it wouldn't benefit some types at all (Your Fire type is immune to Will O Wisp! wait) but makes the effect less niche. (Of course, it has the extremely iffy result of making Normal types you give it immune to an enormous array of Status moves, so maybe not...) Also the current framing is ambiguous -do damaging moves simply fail/miss, or do they hit but do no damage? Because the latter would mean that, for instance, Azumarill holding it can still be Burned by Scald, just not injured by it.

Wave Incense seems interesting, though I'm having trouble wrapping my brain around what the use of it would be. Not saying it doesn't have one -just that it's very weird.
If I think of a new red scale before voting, I'll update it. Otherwise just don't vote for it.

I suppose not being affected by status moves for prism scale may be unneeded. Any good normal type in OU is carrying eviolite if I remember correctly. Also, imagine the way you could screw bird spam with a Prism scale Dragonite or Gyarados. (suck it pinsir) It's a good item for any pokemon with a lot of resistances who doesn't already resist one or both of their own types. As for the exact mechanics, I would say that the move is ignored entirely, so scald could not burn Azumarill. I'll edit that in.

List of Pokemon in OU who I think would like Prism scale:
Garchomp, Excadrill, Rotom W, Dragonite, Gyarados, Salamence

EDIT: Ok, I made a new red scale. I Updated my post.

Last edited:

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Time to vote!
First Choice:UserX
Second Choice:UserY
Third Choice:UserZ
The First Choice gets 3 points, second gets 2 and third gets 1. The user with most votes will have their submission added into the project itself.

-Water attacks deal double damage on resisted hits. (Akumeoy)
-Activates the move "Aqua Ring" upon switching in. (Jajoken)
-The holder's Water type moves have +1 Priority, but have 1/2th recoil damage. (Ghoul King)
-The holder's ability becomes aroma veil and using calm mind also increases accuracy one stage. (Chaoswalker)

-Holder is immune to Ground-type attacks if it is Water-type and immune to Water-type moves if it is Flying-type. (Akumeoy)
-Activates the move "Water Sport" upon switching in. (Jajoken)
-The holder gains 1/8th HP a turn in rain. (Ghoul King)
-When sent in, the holder's deffense and special defense are raised one stage. At the end of the first turn of entering, their defenses return to normal, and their attack, special attack, and speed are raised one stage. At the end of the second turn, their attack and speed stats return to normal and their defense stats rise again. They continue alternating like this: raised Def and SpD, then raised Atk, SpA, and Spe. When they switch out, the cycle resets. (Chaoswalker)

-Restores 1/6 of max HP each turn while the holder is afflicted with a non-volatile status. (Akumeoy)
-If held by Feebas or Milotic, one third of the damage done to the holder by special attacks is dealt back to the attacker. (Jajoken)
-Special attacks made against the holder have 1/4th recoil. (This includes Psyshock/Psystrike/Secret Sword) (Ghoul King)
-Attacks that are the same type as the holder do not affect them. (Chaoswalker)

-Attack is increased by 50% when the holder afflicted by a non-volatile status. (Akumeoy)
-If held by Magikarp or Gyarados, any attack that makes contact with the holder raises their Attack one stage. (Jajoken)
-The holder's attack causes Flinching one time. Used up in the process. Will still use itself up against a Shield Dust or Inner Focus Pokemon to no effect, but will not be used up if no possibility of Flinching can occur otherwise. (Ghoul King)
-If the holder is hit by an attack, their attack is raised one stage. This effect can't be activated more than once each time the holder switches in. (Chaoswalker)

Send your votes to me via PM.

To keep this thread active in this phase, here are some questions
  • Are there any items you want to see in the next slate?
  • Which entries for this week do you agree/disagree with? [Remember: Be to the point and decisive, no hate]
  • Are there any new possible strategies/sets that can be made with the last week's items? What Pokemon take advantage from those items?

Well, I'ma take a peek at the items from last time and see what I can think of:

Rotom-Wash @ Dragon Scale
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
For such a staple pokemon, it generally seems pretty unsure as to what item/moveset to actually run for longevity. I often like to run a specially defensive Rotom, and Dragon Scale compliments the roll well by covering many of the main special attacking types while also giving rotom that electric resist it always wanted.

Slowbro @ DeepSeaTooth
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock/Fireblast
- Fire Blast/Thunderwave/Toxic
- Slack Off
If we've learned anything from Landorus T, being kinda tanky, kinda powerful, and kinda utility and also a pivot is about as useful as a pokemon can get.

Dragonite @ DeepSeaScale
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
-Extreme Speed/Aqua Jet
-Dragon Claw/Waterfall
-Thunderwave/Defog/Dragon Tail/Toxic/Heal Bell
-Roost
Dragonite gains a much stronger defensive typing in addition to the defense boost, and gets a chance to really exercise that stupidly large support movepool. It can finally defog without the rocks weakness, and has a reliable stab not blocked by fairies. I believe Heal Bell is still obtainable? Evs can be custom tailored for whatever level of offense you need on it, including special attacks. Also multiscale can be leaned on to get off a safe thunderwave on powerful special attackers like Mega Gardevoir.

Last edited:
Are there any new possible strategies/sets that can be made with the last week's items? What Pokemon take advantage from those items?
Well, Mystic Water offers options for a lot of Water types to keep on bulking, and indeed some non-Water types that like to run Water moves anyway. Some examples that come to mind include...

-Gyarados, who normally has to rely on Leftovers or Wish-passing to get back health, might run this over its Mega Stone/Leftovers to keep its health up.

-Rotom-Wash, who might consider dumping Pain Split and Leftovers in favor of a different move+Hydro Pump gaining leech.

-Manaphy, who after a Tail Glow can Scald for ludicrous health gain if immunities/solid resistances have been cleared out on the enemy team. (Where normally Manaphy's only healing is Leftovers or Resting in Rain -the latter is really good, but requires team support)

-Politoed, who quite often spends all its time switching or tossing out Scalds.

Dunno for the Splash Plate, since no official response has been given on which entry won.

Last edited:
At first I thought: Nothing really does enough damage or is tanky enough to really make use of Mystic water, but you made me think a little harder.

A pokemon really needs to recover about 1/8 of their HP per stab spam to really take advantage of the item (to make up for the turn they switch in, and the turn of attacking without leftovers). That's roughly 13% of their HP.
Gyarados has the potential to break this threshold with waterfall our Aqua Tail, and it can run some decent support moves like thunderwave and taunt as well. Bulky dragon dance too stronk.
Azumarill plays around with assault vest and leftovers in hopes of living longer, but Mystic Water would easily give it the sustain it needs. In fact, I'd say it would be the item of choice besides the new Muscle Band.
I'm not entirely sure about it, but Empoleon may be able to abuse its typing with an offensive build

Largely, I see it as the tank/bulky setup sweeper item.

gawd we made water types stronger.

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone

Sea Incense | Activates the move "Aqua Ring" upon switching in. (by Jajoken)
Wave Incense | Tie between Akumeoy and Chaoswalker. Which submission is better in your opinion and why?
Prism Scale | Special attacks made against the holder have 1/4th recoil. (This includes Psyshock/Psystrike/Secret Sword) (by Ghoul King)
Red Scale | Attack is increased by 50% when the holder afflicted by a non-volatile status. (by Akumeoy)
Also, Jajoken's Splash Plate will be added.

Fire Slate part 1
Flame Plate
Charcoal
Flame Orb
Heat Rock

Fire Slate part 1
Flame Plate
Infernate(boosts the power of normal type moves by 1.3 and add the fire type)
I don't know that there are any good users of it

Charcoal
Boosts special attack by one stage after being hit by or using a fire type move
Hitting like a truck-flame charge is a special dragon dance

Flame Orb

all attacks lacking a secondary effect gain a secondary fire type and a 30 percent chance to burn
competitive--earthquake eats steel types as does outrage
Should be balanced by the imunites to fire and the lack of many good paring options
earthquake-heatran and skarmory are imumne
Heat rock

Extends the duration of sun activated by the user from 5 to ten turns and turns normal type moves used by the holder to fire type moves in the sun
ChaosWalkers submission is fun-hand this thing to Dragonite whatch it set up in your face taking next to no damage and then sweep after the dance at plus two and plus one alternatly. not to mention it also has immense utilities for baton passers

Last edited:
Charcoal: Holder's Fire-type moves have 50% leech.
Reasoning: To match Mystic Water, as Mystic Water/Charcoal/Miracle Seed are always given to the player based on which starter they chose. This makes them a "set" of sorts in my eyes.

Heat Rock: Extends the duration of Sun weather set by the holder from 5 turns to 10. Fire-type moves targeting the holder do not receive the 1.5x Sun boost.
Flavour: Basically just an extension of its old effect.
Competitive: Any Pokémon can be a viable Sun setter, even things that really don't appreciate boosted Fire damage themselves. Grass-types are probably still a bad idea though.

Alternative Heat Rock idea because I have two and am not sure which one is better (or even if they should be combined):
Heat Rock: Extends the duration of Sun weather set by the holder from 5 turns to 10. Holder does not take passive Sun damage from the abilities Dry Skin and Solar Power.
Competitive: Solar Power + manual Sun = sweepz.

Flame Orb: Inflicts the holder with a Burn at the end of each turn. In addition, any Pokémon that uses a contact move against the holder has a 30% chance of being Burned, and any Pokémon that uses a move or Ability to remove the Flame Orb is guaranteed to be burned.
Flavour: It's a fiery orb that burns things.
Competitive: Hitting a Guts user with Knock Off also cripples the attacker.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)