General Introduce yourself!

Hey, do you play on Pokemon Showdown? You should definitely do so as it's very convenient to battle a friend there. We offer help through Battling 101 by pairing you up with tutors, so you should check that out. Also the Ruins Of Alph forum have some cool gen 3 discussion n_n
Welcome to smogon!
Yes, i spend some time in showdown and i'm very interested in the battle 101 via tutor, how do I sign up there?

Hi all

I'm really new to competitive battling, but I've been a pokè maniac ever since gen1. I love to dance, I love anime, and I always choose the grass-type starters no matter what. Like I said, I'm still new to breeding, EVs and IVs and stuff but I'm learning a lot so far. *scratches head and shruggs* look forward to battling and stuff

Hi all

I'm really new to competitive battling, but I've been a pokè maniac ever since gen1. I love to dance, I love anime, and I always choose the grass-type starters no matter what. Like I said, I'm still new to breeding, EVs and IVs and stuff but I'm learning a lot so far. *scratches head and shruggs* look forward to battling and stuff
Hi! You can ask our mentors for all metagame purposes if you need any help. Also, you can sign up for a Battling 101 round so you can learn from more experienced players. If you have any questions, you're free to PM/VM me :)

Hey all. I'm primarily a UU and RU player. I've been around PS for a while now, but I'm just getting into the forums. You may recognize me as uunubnub or 151forfun (my mono gen 1 ORAS account) from PS. If not, nice to meet you, and I'm looking forward to getting to know the community.

Sigilyph

Dodging the haters
Uh, hi! I'm Sigilyph from Pokemon Showdown. I'm 19 years old and I'm a university student studying Astrophysics and Math. I've actually been a member of Smogon since 2008 before I had my account deleted, but I still qualify as a noob because I only had 1 post in the 6 years I've been here and I still don't fully understand how the forums work. I'm a veteran of battle sims and competitive battling, starting with ShoddyBattle when it was first created.

I was first introduced to Smogon by my cousin and his father when I was a little kid in 2005, both of whom taught me how to battle competitively, build a cohesive team, and EV train. I loved reading the analyses of all the RSE Pokemon (especially the humorous lower tier entries) and learned to appreciate and love the game far more than just playing through the storyline.

I look forward to meeting you all and getting more active on the site I love.

also shoutout to skylight for encouraging me to check this thread out n_n

Hey all. I'm primarily a UU and RU player. I've been around PS for a while now, but I'm just getting into the forums. You may recognize me as uunubnub or 151forfun (my mono gen 1 ORAS account) from PS. If not, nice to meet you, and I'm looking forward to getting to know the community.
Hi, good job on getting reqs! If you wish to delve deeper into the tier, you can feel free to message a mentor or sign up for Battling 101. Also, you can PM/VM me if you have questions :)

Uh, hi! I'm Sigilyph from Pokemon Showdown. I'm 19 years old and I'm a university student studying Astrophysics and Math. I've actually been a member of Smogon since 2008 before I had my account deleted, but I still qualify as a noob because I only had 1 post in the 6 years I've been here and I still don't fully understand how the forums work. I'm a veteran of battle sims and competitive battling, starting with ShoddyBattle when it was first created.

I was first introduced to Smogon by my cousin and his father when I was a little kid in 2005, both of whom taught me how to battle competitively, build a cohesive team, and EV train. I loved reading the analyses of all the RSE Pokemon (especially the humorous lower tier entries) and learned to appreciate and love the game far more than just playing through the storyline.

I look forward to meeting you all and getting more active on the site I love.

also shoutout to skylight for encouraging me to check this thread out n_n
hi new driver sup

Perry

slayer
is a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ok, hello everybody.
I'm Perry (dum), I'm 17 and hopefully will start a university (Laws *-*) next month. I've been actually playing Pokémon since the release of BW, so a bunch of time ago, but besides of that, never learned how to play properly, dum. I did join Smogon, I'd say, 2 years ago or something, but never came to become more active here because I was (and kinda am) a mosly PO user, and being a brazilian, I was also a shit in the past (now much better).
Mr. Perry is the second nick I had liked and took it, but idk why I decided to Mr. Perry; mayhaps because I like Katy Perry and Agent P, the truth will never be into light, I guess.
You may find me using the Mr. Perrie (because Mr. Perry is taken :[) alt in some random rooms, but most likely Ubers, OM and Lobby (bc funny), and if something happens to myself, in the Portuguese room (through my feelings are destroyed after being muted for 60 minutes for asking why the result 7-1 was banned to say, and thus never came there again q)
I do like to read, being that the thing that I most like to do actually, so if you want to discuss ASOIAF or something, please pm me o.o

And yeah, that's it :]

(user Yagura is ugly)

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
Ok, hello everybody.
I'm Perry (dum), I'm 17 and hopefully will start a university (Laws *-*) next month. I've been actually playing Pokémon since the release of BW, so a bunch of time ago, but besides of that, never learned how to play properly, dum. I did join Smogon, I'd say, 2 years ago or something, but never came to become more active here because I was (and kinda am) a mosly PO user, and being a brazilian, I was also a shit in the past (now much better).
Mr. Perry is the second nick I had liked and took it, but idk why I decided to Mr. Perry; mayhaps because I like Katy Perry and Agent P, the truth will never be into light, I guess.
You may find me using the Mr. Perrie (because Mr. Perry is taken :[) alt in some random rooms, but most likely Ubers, OM and Lobby (bc funny), and if something happens to myself, in the Portuguese room (through my feelings are destroyed after being muted for 60 minutes for asking why the result 7-1 was banned to say, and thus never came there again q)
I do like to read, being that the thing that I most like to do actually, so if you want to discuss ASOIAF or something, please pm me o.o

And yeah, that's it :]

(user Yagura is ugly)
Hey Mr. Perry!
You're studying law? Cool! I also only became active just a short while back. In fact, I created my account just to post in discipline appeal because I didn't understand the ban system (by IP, and I was on a public IP). However, now that I've become active, I've found that Smogon truly is an awesome site, and I hope you find that, too! Hey, you might see me in the OM room, too. :D Anyways, if you ever find you need help, feel free to visit the Help form. Have a great time, and I'll see you around!

PS. Please give us your feedback whenever you can. Thanks!

hellpowna

beware of coco
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
when i'm used to ready ur posts guys, they always make me cry. you always remember my first time here, and it is always exciting...really ç_ç
welcoome to every1 on Smogon new users. im pretty sure this site will be for u like a sort "drugs"
if you need some helps, you can always contact ur friend hellpowna and he will help you.

Hello everyone! My name is Matt, MattyJ40k by online handle. I got into Pokemon about a year an a half ago when my son got his 3DS XL for his birthday, along with Pokemon Y. Looking over his shoulder, the game looked actually pretty fun. I got my own 3DS and a copy of Pokemon, and so did my wife even! Pokemon is a family activity now, and it's so great! :)

Recently, I've just completed Omega Ruby. I'm wanting to get into competitive battling, but I'm not sure how to raise worthy Pokemon. That's what I'm here to learn about. Also different tactics.
That's awesome that you can play pokemon with your whole family! If I ever have kids that sounds like it would be a lot of fun.

Hi everyone! My name is Riley, and I've been playing Pokemon since I was a little kid starting with Red Version. I got out of touch with the series after I didn't buy a 3DS when they came out, but I got one because I wanted to get Smash Bros. and Game Freak gave my favorite Pokemon (Gallade) a Mega-Evolution in ORAS. I've been somewhat interested in competitive battling ever since I discovered "Pokemon of the Week" on Serebii back when Diamond and Pearl were released, but never got into it because I didn't know that RNG abuse existed, and I thought that it would be completely ridiculous to try to obtain competitive level Pokemon through intended methods, but as soon as I found out about Gen. 6 breeding mechanics I was immediately interested again. In the process of messing around with the VGC format on Showdown I inadvertently discovered Balanced Hackmons, and it is now one of my favorite formats.
Right now I am in the process of trying to come up with a team that I could use for VGC events/battle spot, but I want to polish it before I breed/train it in-game.

Besides Pokemon I am a computer science student in college right now, and I run Cross Country. I also play guitar and am currently learning to play the mandolin. As far as video games go, I am a huge fan of The Legend of Zelda series, I recently got into Fire Emblem. I also enjoy watching speedruns of just about anything.

Hey everyone! I'm Evie and have been playing Pokemon since I was ten years old. I've been competitive battling for many years and have participated in countless leagues.
I used to be incredibly active on lesser known forums and communities, but the past year I guess you could say I dropped off the face of the Earth.
Now I want to come back into competitive battling and so I decided to finally bring myself to join smogon.
I hope you guys accept me and I'll be glad to meet you all!

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
Hi everyone! My name is Riley, and I've been playing Pokemon since I was a little kid starting with Red Version. I got out of touch with the series after I didn't buy a 3DS when they came out, but I got one because I wanted to get Smash Bros. and Game Freak gave my favorite Pokemon (Gallade) a Mega-Evolution in ORAS. I've been somewhat interested in competitive battling ever since I discovered "Pokemon of the Week" on Serebii back when Diamond and Pearl were released, but never got into it because I didn't know that RNG abuse existed, and I thought that it would be completely ridiculous to try to obtain competitive level Pokemon through intended methods, but as soon as I found out about Gen. 6 breeding mechanics I was immediately interested again. In the process of messing around with the VGC format on Showdown I inadvertently discovered Balanced Hackmons, and it is now one of my favorite formats.
Right now I am in the process of trying to come up with a team that I could use for VGC events/battle spot, but I want to polish it before I breed/train it in-game.

Besides Pokemon I am a computer science student in college right now, and I run Cross Country. I also play guitar and am currently learning to play the mandolin. As far as video games go, I am a huge fan of The Legend of Zelda series, I recently got into Fire Emblem. I also enjoy watching speedruns of just about anything.
Hey thepotato513!
Balanced Hackmons is one of my favorite tiers, too, with the others being OU, LC, and 1v1. Visit the RMT section of the forums to get your team idea improved, so you can go on to breeding them ingame. Have a fun time!
Hey everyone! I'm Evie and have been playing Pokemon since I was ten years old. I've been competitive battling for many years and have participated in countless leagues.
I used to be incredibly active on lesser known forums and communities, but the past year I guess you could say I dropped off the face of the Earth.
Now I want to come back into competitive battling and so I decided to finally bring myself to join smogon.
I hope you guys accept me and I'll be glad to meet you all!
Hi Kwonza!
Welcome to Smogon! If you find you need help getting around, feel free to contact one of our mentors, and/or consult the Help form. Have a great time and I'll see you around!

Also, if you guys could give us your feedback, that would help a lot. Thanks!

Hi there, I entered in smogon because I always found your rules very good,
you use a lot of reasoning making competition pretty balanced,
and seeing that I though it would be great to enter here, I could learn a lot
with you guys and start making better(more balanced) teams with time.

I made a topic on Rate my team, I'd be glad if you took a look at it:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/my-first-competitive-team.3528482/

This will be a busy day, since it's my birthday, but I'll try to look at your responses
to that topic as soon as possible, see you around :D

Hi there, I entered in smogon because I always found your rules very good,
you use a lot of reasoning making competition pretty balanced,
and seeing that I though it would be great to enter here, I could learn a lot
with you guys and start making better(more balanced) teams with time.

I made a topic on Rate my team, I'd be glad if you took a look at it:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/my-first-competitive-team.3528482/

This will be a busy day, since it's my birthday, but I'll try to look at your responses
to that topic as soon as possible, see you around :D
Hi, welcome to smogon! Feel free to check out our list of mentors and also the Help Form (both are on the homepage). Also, you can sign up for Battling 101 when a new round opens up. Have fun!

Hi guys, I like pokemon.

Yea.

I'm interested in getting into the RU scene because I feel like it'd be more fun!

Some stuff about myself:

I play SSB, Pokemon, and Planetary Annihilation a lot. I play games because I want to get good, that's how I have fun. Reply if you'd like, I'm looking to find an RU mentor if any one is interested!

Thanks,
dswin

Hi everyone,

My name is Robert aka The Reaper and I'm from Virginia. I have been used to play Pokemon-Online.eu it was a little bored about pokemon-online.eu. I decided to search in this google and find Pokemon showdown and I played random battles with other online and I won my record is 3-0. I really like Pokemon Showdown better than Pokemon-Online. I tried to download for Pokemon-Online with my Macbook Pro and iMac it wasn't working both iMac and Macbook Pro so I just try to download Pokemon Showdown for my Apple iMac and Macbook Pro but it's working. I'm so happy that I'm in Pokemon Showdown.

Hi guys, I like pokemon.

Yea.

I'm interested in getting into the RU scene because I feel like it'd be more fun!

Some stuff about myself:

I play SSB, Pokemon, and Planetary Annihilation a lot. I play games because I want to get good, that's how I have fun. Reply if you'd like, I'm looking to find an RU mentor if any one is interested!

Thanks,
dswin
Hello there! Here's a list of mentors so you can find one for RU: http://www.smogon.com/mentorship/profiles

SSB is a lot of fun and very popular around these forums, so I'm sure you can find people if you want to talk about that as well.

Have a good time, and use the help form if you need anything else.

Hi everyone,

My name is Robert aka The Reaper and I'm from Virginia. I have been used to play Pokemon-Online.eu it was a little bored about pokemon-online.eu. I decided to search in this google and find Pokemon showdown and I played random battles with other online and I won my record is 3-0. I really like Pokemon Showdown better than Pokemon-Online. I tried to download for Pokemon-Online with my Macbook Pro and iMac it wasn't working both iMac and Macbook Pro so I just try to download Pokemon Showdown for my Apple iMac and Macbook Pro but it's working. I'm so happy that I'm in Pokemon Showdown.
Hi Robert. I like PS better than PO as well, though I've barely played PO. We have a forum for Pokemon Showdown here if you want to know anything else about it. If you need any other help just use the help form that I linked above (http://www.smogon.com/mentorship/help).

And be sure to leave any suggestions in the Community Feedback forum: http://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/community-feedback.323/

Hello Every1, I wouldn't want to reveal my personal name but yeah I can be called Esperasso. I love playing othermetas and I am pretty decent at BH and CH. I also like playing Stabmons,Almost Any Ability and 1v1 among others.I have managed to top the BH ladder and would love helping any1. I am usually online in the Other Metas room in the main Server.Cheers Every1 and always rock at pokemon.

Yo! I'm Lindsey. I help admin the Pokemon Battle & Trade Community on Facebook and I'm on the casual side of competitive battling.
I joined cause a few of my good friends from Facebook encouraged me to do so after I drew a few satire comics on Pokemon groups and battle pages. So I guess I'm here to network and meet new cool people. I hear there's some neat art threads.

Hello Every1, I wouldn't want to reveal my personal name but yeah I can be called Esperasso. I love playing othermetas and I am pretty decent at BH and CH. I also like playing Stabmons,Almost Any Ability and 1v1 among others.I have managed to top the BH ladder and would love helping any1. I am usually online in the Other Metas room in the main Server.Cheers Every1 and always rock at pokemon.
Esperasso! Nice to see that you made an account here, we always welcome people from the OM room here on the forums. Let me know on here or on PS if you need any help finding your way around. Enjoy!

Yo! I'm Lindsey. I help admin the Pokemon Battle & Trade Community on Facebook and I'm on the casual side of competitive battling.
I joined cause a few of my good friends from Facebook encouraged me to do so after I drew a few satire comics on Pokemon groups and battle pages. So I guess I'm here to network and meet new cool people. I hear there's some neat art threads.
Hi Lindsey. It's interesting that you came here from Facebook; I haven't heard of many referrals from there before.

Here's the forum for casual Pokemon playing: http://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/orange-islands.205/
and here's the art forum, Smeargle's Studio: http://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/smeargles-studio.50/

Let me know if you need anything!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)