Resource ORAS Good Cores (Check Post #714)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Offensive Core: Mega Metagross + Hydreigon + Sylveon

Here is my core I've been using recently. This core revolves around Rock Polish Metagross by eliminating Metagross's checks and sweeping late game.

Hydreigon is a very underrated sweeper when it comes to defeating defensive cores. The EVs maintain its weird but effective speed tier while maintaining power. Draco meteor allows Hydreigon to get past bulky physical walls and steel types that Metagross can't get through. Dark pulse is a good STAB that allows Hydreigon to take on Psychic and Ghost types. Fire Blast is used over Flash Cannon because of its teammate Metagross so it frees up a moveslot. Fire Blast KOs the bulky steel types like Skarmory, Ferrothorn, Scizor, etc that would stop Metagross's late game sweep. Finally, Superpower hits Pokemon that Metagross hates dealing with, plus getting the surprise jump on Bisharp, Air Balloon Heatran, and Air Balloon Excadrill.

I never thought that Hyper Voice would be so deadly combined with Choice Specs and Pixilate? With Hyper Voice Sylveon allows me to defeat Mega Sabelye, Mega Gyarados, and Dragon types. Psyshock is used to help gets you past the Poison-types that resist Hyper Voice, like Amoonguss and Mega Venusaur. Shadow Ball is the least used moved but it still allows me to get past Jirachi, Bronzong, and opposing Mega Metagross. You could argue that the Cleric set could work better with this core but I chose not to.

Finally we get to Mega Metagross. He (IMO) the best late-game sweeper in the current OU metagame thanks to Rock Polish. With its checks and counters out of the way there is no stopping him once you set up a Rock Polish. With the current 176 speed EVs, "an Adamant Nature lets Mega Metagross outpace neutral-natured base 100 Speed Pokemon unboosted and outspeed everything up to Adamant Sand Rush Excadrill with Rock Polish." Meteor Mash is the main STAB of choice backed by Tough Claws is incredibly powerful. Zen Headbutt is the secondary STAB with a nice chance to flinch the opponent. Earthquake is use over Hammer Arm in the final slot because I didn't want to drop Metagross's speed during a late game sweep.

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake

Hydreigon (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 24 Atk / 252 SpA / 232 Spe
Mild Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Superpower

Sylveon (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 82 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Baton Pass

Last edited:
Hey guys, can anyone recommend any good partners for the M-Dos and Dragalge core?
I've found volt-turners to be necessary in order to provide Dragalge with the most opportunities to nuke. You also want something that destroys Ferrothorn because it annoys the pair of them. I've been using phdef Rotom-W and spdef Scizor myself, and rocks LO nape as I needed a fast rocker that nuked Ferro and could switch into Bisharp, but nape is very niche and I wouldn't recommend it in general.

Last edited:

eren

je suis d'ailleurs

Here is my core I've been using recently. This core revolves around Rock Polish Metagross by eliminating Metagross's checks and sweeping late game.

Hydreigon is a very underrated sweeper when it comes to defeating defensive cores. The EVs maintain its weird but effective speed tier while maintaining power. Draco meteor allows Hydreigon to get past bulky physical walls, not named steel types, fairies, that Metagross can't get through. Dark pulse is a good STAB that allows Hydreigon to take on Psychic and Ghost types. Fire Blast is used over Flash Cannon because of its teammate Metagross so it frees up a moveslot. Fire Blast KOs the bulky steel types like Skarmory, Ferrothorn, Scizor, etc that would stop Metagross's late game sweep. Finally, Superpower hits Pokemon that Metagross hates dealing with, plus getting the surprise jump on Bisharp, Air Balloon Heatran, and Air Balloon Excadrill.

I never thought that Hyper Voice would be so deadly combined with Choice Specs and Pixilate? With Hyper Voice Sylveon allows me to defeat Mega Sabelye, Mega Gyarados, and Dragon types. Psyshock is used to help gets you past the Poison-types that resist Hyper Voice, like Amoonguss and Mega Venusaur. Shadow Ball is the least used moved but it still allows me to get past Jirachi, Bronzong, and opposing Mega Metagross. You could argue that the Cleric set could work better with this core but I chose not to.

Finally we get to Mega Metagross. He (IMO) the best late-game sweeper in the current OU metagame thanks to Rock Polish. With its checks and counters out of the way there is no stopping him once you set up a Rock Polish. With the current 176 speed EVs, "with an Adamant let Mega Metagross outpace neutral-natured base 100 Speed Pokemon unboosted and outspeed everything up to Adamant Sand Rush Excadrill with Rock Polish." Meteor Mash is the main STAB of choice backed by Tough Claws is incredibly powerful. Zen Headbutt is the secondary STAB with a nice chance to flinch the opponent. Earthquake is use over Hammer Arm in the final slot because I didn't want to drop Metagross's speed during a late game sweep.

Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake / Hammer Arm

Hydreigon (M) @ Life Orb
Mild Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast / Flash Cannon
- Superpower

Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball / Hidden Power Fire
- Baton Pass
Just a couple of little nitpicks:
1) Isnt Hammer arm and rock polish counter productive? I think you shouldnt slash hammer arm because you have Hydreigon to handle skarm and heatran which is really the only reason for it
Draco meteor allows Hydreigon to get past bulky physical walls, not named steel types, fairies, that Metagross can't get through.
2) since when has megagross not been able to handle fairies?.?
Great core, just loses to fully invested (speed) megagross
E: exca also (scarf mbreaker)
and tbh I think Earth Power is better than superpower on that set.
Set I recommend (basically the same thing)
Hydreigon @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
Timid Nature
- Earth Power / Superpower (requires atk evs and change of nature) / Focus Blast
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse

If you run superpower / focus miss over ep on Hydreigon. You should slash hp ground on sylvy

Last edited:
Balanced Core: Mega Blastoise + Celebi

Basquetoise Grand (Blastoise-Mega) (M) @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 192 HP / 252 SpA / 64 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Water Pulse/Hydro Pump
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 80 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

Because fuck Offensive Core oversaturation. This Balanced Core is one I'm having a lot of fun with at the moment. Mega Blastoise is incredibly underrated in the ORAS Meta imo and it has amazing synergy with Celebi. Mega Blastoise beats a ton of dangerous and common threats in this meta and tanks them surprisingly well; including but not limited to Heatran, Mega Metagross, Landorus-Therian, Lati@s, Mega Lopunny, Talonflame, Bisharp, (Mega) Slowbro and Mega Sableye, all the while spinning away the ever annoying Stealth Rock. I am aware I put Water Pulse; that's because the extra power actually lets it 2HKO Sableye when Scald doesn't. Alternatively, you can run Hydro Pump for the much higher power especially to beat Heatran if you have another answer to Sableye on your team such as Clefable. The EVs shown here maximize power and run enough speed to outpace 68 Speed Heatran, but you can opt for the general 236 HP/ 252 SpA / 20 Spe spread if you really miss those 11 HP Points and Heatran isn't a concern. And it pairs so, so well with defensive Celebi. The synergy these two have on merit of typing alone is fantastic; Celebi resisting Blastoise's only two weaknesses, and Blastoise... generally not giving a shit about whatever attacks come Celebi's way. Celebi itself enjoys setting up Stealth Rocks while having a hazard remover that doesn't remove them, not to mention spreading paralysis really helps out Blastoise so much, either forcing switches or allowing Blastoise to get the jump on and KO/2HKO certain threats that Celebi can also lure in such as fast Heatran. And of course Celebi likes having longevity in Giga Drain and Recover. The EV spread given is the standard; allowing for great mixed walling and surviving Jolly Lopunny's Return and Mega Diancie's STABs after rocks.
There are quite a few threats to this core of course; nothing's perfect. In particular Thundurus and Mega Sceptile absolutely destroy it as they are both immune to T-wave and Blastoise can't take a hit from them at all, nor can it outspeed.
I was originally considering putting Clefable or Talonflame on this core because they work really well with it, but honestly there's a lot of partners it can go well with. The core is rather weak to D-Dance Altaria so that's where Clefable comes in with Unaware; it's also a great stop to Mega Sableye which allows Blastoise to run Hydro over Pulse. Another great partner I find is Swords Dance Talonflame, due to this core - mostly blastoise even - beating most of it's checks and counters before proceeding to set up and sweep. Serperior is a good option for the same reason. Mamoswine is a nice option to counter Thundurus and check Sceptile while also giving decent coverage; you may also make it your rocks setter to free a moveslot for Celebi, letting it run things like Healing Wish to give immense support to your team, or Baton Pass for momentum. Finally, Zapdos is another teammate to consider due to checking Birdspam rather easily.

Last edited:

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams
Offensive Core: DD Zard-X + Lure Conk

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 104 HP / 220 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Roost
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw

Conkeldurr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 84 HP / 252 Atk / 172 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Poison Jab
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch

Charizard-X is very difficult to beat for both stall and offense. Lure Conkeldurr (as posted in A Guide to Lures in ORAS OU) helps charizard-x past Azumarill, Slowbro and Hippowdon. With Jolly 184 Spe Charizard-X outspeeds 252 Spe Scarf Landorus-T but because Conkeldurr already works against Landorus-T, you can also run Adamant or more bulk. Pokemon on offense Char-X struggles with (Scarfterrak, TTar, Scarfchomp and Band Talonflame to name a few) are checked by Conkeldurr, but Conkeldurr needs to predict if it wants to win. Good partners for this core are Mew (beats Terrakion, defogs for Zard-X) and TTar (Scarf Superpower defeats Talonflame, Tyranitar and traps Latios)

Last edited:
Lure Victini offensive core

Alright i got this really cool core for you guys. The core consist of manaphy,victini and mega sceptile. Together this trio makes for a really good offensive core. I uses lure victini becuase victini gets stoped cold by things such as lando so glaciate helps a lot for removing lando on the switch. (or defensive lando as they get up their rocks) Glaciate also removes garhcomp another mon that sort of stop normal victini cold. grass knot is mostly for grass types and other assorted mons such as mega gyra on the switch of course bolt strike does the same thing. It also allows vic to hit things like tar. next up would be manaphy who makes for a solid wall breaker to pair with victini as manaphy has some troubles with grass types victini helps remove then thanks to v-create allowing manaphy to sweep by. Mega sceptile help take care of electric types (somewhat of a shaky check to magnezone) thanks to lightning rod and really likes the removal of mons that manaphy takes care of like heatran who give scept trouble along with ferrothorn also giving scept trouble. (another mon vic gets rid of) I chose e-belt vic as it allows victini to pull off more then it can if it were scarfed or banded. Good teamates would be mons that can take a hit as well as abosrb knock off and pursuit (the core is VERY Frail and vic has to avoid being trapped by t-tar). Other mons such as rapid spin users and defog users such as mold breaker excadrill make good partners as wells as hazzard setters like landorus t who can provide a ground immunities. Fairy types or steels will help this core as nothing on the team likes to take a draco or dragon type move so clefable could make a decent partner. Steels such as ferrothorn could be nice to have as spikes and a bulky steel can help deal with phyiscal moves and stray dracos. Bisharp is also a team member to take into consideration to help deal with the faries and trap the latis. Hope you guys enjoy this core!

Victini @ Expert Belt
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Grass Knot
- Glaciate

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Psychic
- Scald
- Energy Ball

Sceptile (M) @ Sceptilite
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Substitute

Last edited:

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Keldeo / Mega Pinsir / Heatran Core (Searched Thread for this, sorry if I missed it) [criticism greatly appreciated] Note: thnx darkrai147 for helping!

The purpose of this offensive core is to give Pinsir the highest chance of global domination sweeping a team as possible by eliminating annoying checks to pinsir such as talonflame and skarmory by using heatran and keldeo.

Type synergy: this core covers its weaknesses quite well: super effective fire attacks on pinsir-> keldeo, heatran.
ground move on tran -> pinsir, keldeo
grass move on keldeo-> Heatran, pinsir

Teammates: This team needs defog or spin.Good teammates for this core include: zapdos, due to his use of defog and covering water types more efficiency than pinsir or keldeo and skarmory, again defog and helps with physical threats. NastyPass Celebi makes another great teammate to complete a FWG core and to pass boosts to Keldeo/Tran. Yet this leaves the team extremely weak to talonflame.

Threats to core: Lo infernape-> cc, overheat
HP ground tflame?
Band Azu
Rotom-Wash (semi-walls team)
Scarf Lando (OHKOes 2/3 members and does significant damage to Keldeo

Sets~~
Hidden Power on Keldeo is team dependant
Ability on Pinsir ether be mold brraker to hit rotom-w with eq or hyper cutter to not get attack dropped by lando-t
Enjoy:
Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Def [or SpD]
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hidden Power Ice / Hidden Power Electric
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Mold Breaker / Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Quick Attack
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Earthquake / Close Combat

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 36 SpA / 220 SpD [can add 68 speed to speed creep]
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Protect
- Toxic / Roar / Taunt
Make sure to edit in AM's suggestions and you're good to go.
Offensive Core: DD Zard-X + Lure Conk

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Roost
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw

Conkeldurr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 84 HP / 252 Atk / 172 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Poison Jab
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch

Charizard-X is very difficult to beat for both stall and offense. Lure Conkeldurr (as posted in A Guide to Lures in ORAS OU) helps charizard-x past Azumarill, Slowbro and Hippowdon. With Jolly 184 Spe Charizard-X outspeeds 252 Spe Scarf Landorus-T but because Conkeldurr already works against Landorus-T, you can also run Adamant or more bulk. Pokemon on offense Char-X struggles with (Scarfterrak, TTar, Scarfchomp and Band Talonflame to name a few) are checked by Conkeldurr, but Conkeldurr needs to predict if it wants to win. Good partners for this core are Mew (beats Terrakion, defogs for Zard-X) and TTar (Scarf Superpower defeats Talonflame, Tyranitar and traps Latios)
Small change; make zard's spread 104 / 220 / 184 because with 220 Attack you guarantee the OHKO on Scarf Lando-T after Stealth Rock with unboosted Flare Blitz (speed boost from DD and intimidate cancel out), as Charizard really wants to have as much bulk as possible while setting up. Also, what is the speed on conk for? I'm sure its for something relevant.

Hydreigon is a very underrated sweeper when it comes to defeating defensive cores. The EVs maintain its weird but effective speed tier while maintaining power. Draco meteor allows Hydreigon to get past bulky physical walls and steel types that Metagross can't get through. Dark pulse is a good STAB that allows Hydreigon to take on Psychic and Ghost types. Fire Blast is used over Flash Cannon because of its teammate Metagross so it frees up a moveslot. Fire Blast KOs the bulky steel types like Skarmory, Ferrothorn, Scizor, etc that would stop Metagross's late game sweep. Finally, Superpower hits Pokemon that Metagross hates dealing with, plus getting the surprise jump on Bisharp, Air Balloon Heatran, and Air Balloon Excadrill.

Finally we get to Mega Metagross. He (IMO) the best late-game sweeper in the current OU metagame thanks to Rock Polish. With its checks and counters out of the way there is no stopping him once you set up a Rock Polish. With the current 176 speed EVs, "an Adamant Nature lets Mega Metagross outpace neutral-natured base 100 Speed Pokemon unboosted and outspeed everything up to Adamant Sand Rush Excadrill with Rock Polish." Meteor Mash is the main STAB of choice backed by Tough Claws is incredibly powerful. Zen Headbutt is the secondary STAB with a nice chance to flinch the opponent. Earthquake is use over Hammer Arm in the final slot because I didn't want to drop Metagross's speed during a late game sweep.

Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake

Hydreigon (M) @ Life Orb
Mild Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Superpower

Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Baton Pass
I have no issues with this core, but I feel that its quite similar to the Hydreigon + Mega Metagross core already posted, but obviously Sylveon differentiates it. Would it be reasonable to somehow merge the two?
Lure Victini Defensive core

Alright first id like to apologize for just posting the core. I have no idea how to do the tab. Anyways This is a rather Basic fat F/W/G core Honestly this core is more defensive but should fit decently on a balance or bulky offence team. This Core is really cool mostly as Both Ferro and Tenta set up hazzards to help victini out as well as wittle down the opposing team thanks to the nice hazzard core between the two. I chose e-belt victini mostly becuase e-belt allows for more damage but no recoil also glaciate is a awsome move becuase it takes care of lando switch ins. (lando will often times switch in) To add to that these 3 pokemon have great defensive synergy together and cover each others weakness bar ground type moves but this can by fixed by replacing Ferro with chestnaught. For teamates Landorus-t works great (mostly defensive) as he can set up rocks and is immune to ground. Of course more offensive partners are recommended as the team is Seriously lacking in the power department so garchomp can be used over landorus. If you choose to use chestnaught over ferro bisharp would make a solid partner as he can handle the pesky latis or even mega scizor who loves tentacruels help in sponging fire type moves. Faries like clefable or specs slyveon make good partners as well as clefable takes care of mega sable (who has a feild day with this core) and specs slyveons wallbreaking capabilities are also liked due to how defensive the core is. Anyways this is a really cool core overall its basic but its fairly unique. (also very uuish) Give it a try!

Victini @ Expert Belt / Life Orb
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
Jolly/ Adamant Nature
- V-Create
- Bolt Strike
- Glaciate/ U-turn
- Zen headbutt

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers/Shed Shell
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Protect/ Stealth Rock/ Thunder Wave

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD or 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Sassy / Relaxed Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Knock Off
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
Lure Victini is cool. However, its best fit with offensive partners that appreciate whatever you lure in with your choice of coverage move eliminated, and Ferrothorn and Tenta don't really fit the bill. I can help out if need be, but I think if you rethought it a little bit it would be more effective. Also, I feel the moves and nature might not be the best for mixed victini, I'd check out the set posted in the lures thread.

Everything is updated, nice job everyone n-n

alright i guess if its fine by you ill fix the core up a bit. some help would be nice however as a lure victini core would be pretty unique. Also how do you guys get the sprites? would be nice to have.

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams
boltsandbombers Changed Zard's spread. Conkeldurr's speed EVs can be changed but iirc this one was for 0 Spe Scizor. 124 Speed for Clefable or 208 Spe for Skarmory are also options.

Tokyo Tom

Somewhere between psychotic and iconic
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Coolio thread, thought I'd leave my two cents here with an XY-looking core that could potentially resurface in ORAS.

Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 40 HP / 216 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Swords Dance
- Rock Blast

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 224 HP / 48 Atk / 224 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Taunt / Bulk Up
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp
A nice offensive core that's centred around Heracross's pure breaking ability in the current meta (vs. all the fat balance builds that are running around right now). With its ability to actually set up on its switchins (like Landorus-T) and other counters changing with the meta (ex. Pinsir's usage has dropped, Acrobatics on Gliscor is much less common, and Unaware Clef is prevalent and easy to wear down with hazards), Heracross is really difficult to switch into and can grab a lot of free turns with its solid typing and good bulk. I chose Adamant for the pure breaking Power, and Talonflame typically checks a lot of the stuff you'd want to outspeed with Jolly; however, Jolly is obviously still a very viable option. SpDef Talonflame is another great 'Mon in the current meta, being able to wall all the Fairy types that are mindlessly thrown onto teams to check Sableye (and just happen to beat Heracross as well). The main one is Altaria, as the Hyper Voice / Fire Blast / EQ set is becoming more and more popular, and has very few switchins. The other one is Clefable, which is easily worn down if Unaware and still hard walled by Talon if it's Magic Guard. Bulk Up can be considered to help against various stuff, the main one being Sableye, but typically the utility of Taunt is preferred.

Also, another cool thing about this core is the ability to easily build around it. For example, Pokemon like Latias and Starmie can synergize well and provide hazard control and a Keldeo check, while Klefki also synergizes well, can throw up Spikes to punish the switches both these 'Mons force, and can throw TWaves at various things so Heracross has an easier time sweeping.

Anyway, hope you guys like this core, cheers!

Balanced Core: Mega Blastoise + Celebi

Basquetoise Grand (Blastoise-Mega) (M) @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 192 HP / 252 SpA / 64 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Water Pulse/Hydro Pump
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 80 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

Because fuck Offensive Core oversaturation. This Balanced Core is one I'm having a lot of fun with at the moment. Mega Blastoise is incredibly underrated in the ORAS Meta imo and it has amazing synergy with Celebi. Mega Blastoise beats a ton of dangerous and common threats in this meta and tanks them surprisingly well; including but not limited to Heatran, Mega Metagross, Landorus-Therian, Lati@s, Mega Lopunny, Talonflame, Bisharp, (Mega) Slowbro and Mega Sableye, all the while spinning away the ever annoying Stealth Rock. I am aware I put Water Pulse; that's because the extra power actually lets it 2HKO Sableye when Scald doesn't. Alternatively, you can run Hydro Pump for the much higher power especially to beat Heatran if you have another answer to Sableye on your team such as Clefable. The EVs shown here maximize power and run enough speed to outpace 68 Speed Heatran, but you can opt for the general 236 HP/ 252 SpA / 20 Spe spread if you really miss those 11 HP Points and Heatran isn't a concern. And it pairs so, so well with defensive Celebi. The synergy these two have on merit of typing alone is fantastic; Celebi resisting Blastoise's only two weaknesses, and Blastoise... generally not giving a shit about whatever attacks come Celebi's way. Celebi itself enjoys setting up Stealth Rocks while having a hazard remover that doesn't remove them, not to mention spreading paralysis really helps out Blastoise so much, either forcing switches or allowing Blastoise to get the jump on and KO/2HKO certain threats that Celebi can also lure in such as fast Heatran. And of course Celebi likes having longevity in Giga Drain and Recover. The EV spread given is the standard; allowing for great mixed walling and surviving Jolly Lopunny's Return and Mega Diancie's STABs after rocks.
I was originally considering putting Clefable or Talonflame on this core because they work really well with it, but honestly there's a lot of partners it can go well with. The core is rather weak to D-Dance Altaria so that's where Clefable comes in with Unaware; it's also a great stop to Mega Sableye which allows Blastoise to run Hydro over Pulse. Another great partner I find is Swords Dance Talonflame, due to this core - mostly blastoise even - beating most of it's checks and counters before proceeding to set up and sweep. Serperior is a good option for the same reason. Finally, Zapdos is another teammate to consider due to checking Birdspam rather easily.
It's a good core, but Mega Sceptile is also very bad for it, as you can't even Thunder Wave it. And regarding Mega Sableye, Water Pulse won't help as much if it gets a Calm Mind in, whereas the passive damage from Scald burns can go a long way, and sort of improve the odds of getting a 2HKO anyway if you factor that damage in. Mamoswine would also be really good for this core. Ice and Ground moves really help against the Electric types and is a safeguard for Nasty Plot Thundurus who would wreck this core, and Ice Shard is perfect insurance for Mega Sceptile. You can also make Mamoswine your rock setter if you want which allows Celebi to potentially run Reflect/Light Screen/Aromatherapy/Healing Wish/Leaf Storm/Baton Pass. Baton Pass is pretty good for escaping Tyranitar/Bisharp and Mega Blastoise destroys either of them.

It's a good core, but Mega Sceptile is also very bad for it, as you can't even Thunder Wave it. And regarding Mega Sableye, Water Pulse won't help as much if it gets a Calm Mind in, whereas the passive damage from Scald burns can go a long way, and sort of improve the odds of getting a 2HKO anyway if you factor that damage in. Mamoswine would also be really good for this core. Ice and Ground moves really help against the Electric types and is a safeguard for Nasty Plot Thundurus who would wreck this core, and Ice Shard is perfect insurance for Mega Sceptile. You can also make Mamoswine your rock setter if you want which allows Celebi to potentially run Reflect/Light Screen/Aromatherapy/Healing Wish/Leaf Storm/Baton Pass. Baton Pass is pretty good for escaping Tyranitar/Bisharp and Mega Blastoise destroys either of them.
I'll make a mention of all these; though Sceptile is pretty wrecked by Talon, and Mamo who you mentioned.

Miridy

♩_♩
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Small change; make zard's spread 104 / 220 / 184 because with 220 Attack you guarantee the OHKO on Scarf Lando-T after Stealth Rock with unboosted Flare Blitz (speed boost from DD and intimidate cancel out), as Charizard really wants to have as much bulk as possible while setting up. Also, what is the speed on conk for? I'm sure its for something relevant.
Speed allows conke to outspeed Azu, Clefable, Chesnaught and (nonmega) 0 Scizor.
Anyways, looking back at the old Creative Moveset VR thread where 'Zard was posted Enki mentioned that the spread is 96 hp 220 atk 8 sdef 184 speed, this way scarf keldeo has 0% chance to ohko megazard after stealth rocks and not 6.3%.
Minor but wanted to point that out.

I have no issues with this core, but I feel that its quite similar to the Hydreigon + Mega Metagross core already posted, but obviously Sylveon differentiates it. Would it be reasonable to somehow merge the two?
boltsandbombers Well the way I use Hydreigon differs from whoever posted the other Hydreigon and Mega Metagross core. The other core struggled with Mega Sabelye and Steel types like Scizor, which mines doesn't with Sylveon and Fire Blast Hydreigon. Plus mine revolves around Rock Polish Metagross to sweep late game once it's checks are eliminated.

Last edited:

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Offensive Core:

Manectric @ Manectite
Timid Nature
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Overheat / Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
- Swords Dance / Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 HP
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Flying] / Icy Wind

The idea behind this core is really simple: Manectric forces a lot of switches – not only do mons switch out against it, but Volt Switch lets you bring in a counter forcing another switch. Take advantage of this by setting up your hazards and keeping the offensive pressure up.

Bisharp discourages opposing teams from using Defog which helps keep your hazards in play. Bisharp also smacks specially bulky pokemon like Chansey and Clefable which give Manectric problems. Knock Off can remove leftovers from the opposing team’s bulkier pokemon which allows you to wear them down much more easily. After a Defiant boost from Intimidate, Bisharp has a high chance to KO Scarf Landorus-T (one of Manectric’s main fears) with Sucker Punch when Stealth Rocks are up.

Keldeo provides coverage to clear out ground types and allow Manectric to Volt Switch more freely. Most of Keldeo’s common switch-ins are pummeled by either Manectric (Slowbro, Azumarill) or Bisharp (Celebi, Latis). Choice Specs give you maximum power to wear down and break walls. Hidden Power Flying is in the last slot to deal with Mega Venusaur which can be problematic for this core. Icy Wind is also an option for Garchomp.

Pair this core with a defensive backbone (or you can go for a more hyper offense approach, but hazard stacking is still recommended) that can set up hazards. A Rapid Spinner is recommended (not required) over a Defogger so you don’t remove the hazards you set. A U-Turn or Volt Switch user to form a VoltTurn core with Manectric is appreciated. This core is hit hard by Earthquake, so a couple of ground immunities are highly recommended.

Last edited:
Balanced core:

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
EVs: 248 Atk / 44 Def / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Fire Fang
- Aqua Tail

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 SpD
Impish Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Recover
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

This core has been absolutely fantastic so far. As is Mega Aerodactyl didn't already tear offensive teams a new asshole, Celebi can pass +2 attack to Mega Aerodactyl to have the enemy shivering in trepidation. We all know how much we've always wanted Aerodactyl to learn Swords Dance and not just Hone Claws, so why not use Swords Dance with Mega Aerodactyl through via a teammate? Not to mention a +2 Choice Banded Azumarill is practically a coinflip for the enemy as they just try to switch into it. Celebi and Mega Aerodactyl share pretty decent offensive and defensive synergy together as well. MegaDactyl takes on birds, fire-type attacks, and bug-type attacks for Celebi, Celebi takes water-type attacks, electric-type attacks, and to a certain extent rock-types for Mega Aerodactyl, and Azumarill takes on the dark-types and fire-types for Celebi and the ice-types for both of them.

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I've been meaning to make a good team with Mega Aero (and been failing miserably so far), so I'm considering trying this core out. One thing I'd note is that if you move 8 EVs from Attack into Speed you can get the jump on Jolly max speed Gyarados at +1. Not sure if those 8 Atk EVs hurt your KO chances on some stuff but you can always SD pass. I also might label it as an offensive core since Aerodactyl isn't running Roost

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Balanced core:

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
EVs: 248 Atk / 44 Def / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Fire Fang
- Aqua Tail

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 SpD
Impish Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Recover
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

This core has been absolutely fantastic so far. As is Mega Aerodactyl didn't already tear offensive teams a new asshole, Celebi can pass +2 attack to Mega Aerodactyl to have the enemy shivering in trepidation. We all know how much we've always wanted Aerodactyl to learn Swords Dance and not just Hone Claws, so why not use Swords Dance with Mega Aerodactyl through via a teammate? Not to mention a +2 Choice Banded Azumarill is practically a coinflip for the enemy as they just try to switch into it. Celebi and Mega Aerodactyl share pretty decent offensive and defensive synergy together as well. MegaDactyl takes on birds, fire-type attacks, and bug-type attacks for Celebi, Celebi takes water-type attacks, electric-type attacks, and to a certain extent rock-types for Mega Aerodactyl, and Azumarill takes on the dark-types and fire-types for Celebi and the ice-types for both of them.
Awesome core. Two things I'd like changed is for Azumarills spread to be 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe to outspeed uninvested Clefable, and for Celebi's spread to be 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 Spe so it can baton pass out of Jolly Bisharp.

The core above this one is solid too, dont think I have any qualms with it.

Offensive Core:

Gengar and Houndoom decimate stall. Gengar can stallbreak against most of the top threats in stall, whilst Mega Houndoom sets up on them. They can hold their own against offense too due to their high speed tiers. They share great defensive typings, with Houndoom absorbing Dark and Psychic type moves aimed at Gengar, whilst Gengar switches in on the ground and fighting type moves aimed at Houndoom. The burns they spread can ease Houndoom in setting up Nasty Plots. They also counter two very notable threats, which are Mega Metagross, and Mega Sableye, which Houndoom sets up on.

This Core should be paired with both Hazard Setting and removal, as well as checks to offence. This core is threatened by Tyranitar and Keldeo, which is why I paired it with Rotom-W, who also helps with burn-spreading.

Houndoom @ Houndoominite
EVs: 40 Hp / 8 Def / 208 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Will-O-Wisp

Gengar @ Black Sludge
EVs: 28 HP / 148 SpA / 80 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute / Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball / Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

Last edited:

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Offensive Core:

Gengar and Houndoom decimate stall. Gengar can stallbreak against most of the top threats in stall, whilst Mega Houndoom sets up on them. They can hold their own against offense too due to their high speed tiers. They share great defensive typings, with Houndoom absorbing Dark and Psychic type moves aimed at Gengar, whilst Gengar switches in on the ground and fighting type moves aimed at Houndoom. The burns they spread can ease Houndoom in setting up Nasty Plots. They also counter two very notable threats, which are Mega Metagross, and Mega Sableye, which Houndoom sets up on.

This Core should be paired with both Hazard Setting and removal, as well as checks to offence. This core is threatened by Tyranitar and Keldeo, which is why I paired it with Rotom-W, who also helps with burn-spreading.

Houndoom @ Houndoominite
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Will-O-Wisp

Gengar @ Black Sludge
EVs: 28 HP / 148 SpA / 80 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
If you really want to destroy stall I'd slash Hex on that Gengar set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)