PU Torterra

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
QC: Galbia / Anty / Magnemite
GP: P Squared / Winry

Overview
########

Torterra is one of the best Pokemon in PU thanks to its solid dual STAB combination. Torterra sets itself apart from other Stealth Rock users in the tier with its access to reliable recovery, which allows it to set up Stealth Rock multiple times if need be, and its ability to beat common Stealth Rock setters such as Golem and Barbaracle one-on-one. Torterra's Grass / Ground typing also allows it to take on physical Water-types better than Pokemon such as Piloswine can while providing resistances to Rock and Ground and an immunity to Electric. At the same time, Torterra can handle common physical attackers such as Pawniard. Torterra's versatility allows it to function on a lot of teams. However, Torterra's typing does leave it weak to common types such as Fire, Flying, and especially Ice.

Offensive Stealth Rock
########
name: Offensive Stealth Rock
move 1: Stealth Rock
move 2: Bullet Seed
move 3: Earthquake
move 4: Synthesis / Stone Edge
ability: Overgrow
item: Leftovers / Life Orb
evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
nature: Jolly

Moves
========

Stealth Rock is great for all teams, as it damages foes switching in. Bullet Seed allows Torterra to bypass leads with Sturdy or Focus Sash such as Golem and Barbaracle, respectively. Earthquake smacks Fire-types such as Flareon and Ninetales, which resist Bullet Seed. Synthesis gives Torterra a reliable method of recovery so that it can take hits and set up Stealth Rock again if needed. Stone Edge is an option to nail Flying-types such as Togetic, Ninjask, and Dodrio, which resist Bullet Seed and are immune to Earthquake.

Set Details
========

Maximum Attack investment allows Torterra to hit as hard as possible. Maximum Speed investment with a Jolly nature allows Torterra to outspeed as many Pokemon as possible, especially Dwebble and Pawniard. Leftovers gives Torterra passive recovery and more staying power. However, Life Orb can be used to increase Torterra's damage output. Torterra's ability, Overgrow, boosts the power of Bullet Seed when Torterra's HP becomes low.

Usage Tips
========

Torterra's typing allows it to beat other Stealth Rock leads one-on-one, so it is best to take advantage of the fact and set up Stealth Rock when the moment comes. This doesn't mean that you have to lead with Torterra all the time. While Torterra's main priority is to set up Stealth Rock for its teammates, faster entry hazard setters with access to Taunt, such as Barbaracle and Kricketune, can stop Torterra from setting up its entry hazards, but neither of them appreciates their Focus Sash being broken, especially the former.

Team Options
========

This set is best used on balanced or hyper offense teams. Ghost-types such as Misdreavus and Dusknoir block Rapid Spin and keep Stealth Rock on the opponent's side of the field. Water-types such as Carracosta and Poliwrath are good partners for Torterra, as they both resist Ice and Fire for Torterra, while Torterra can switch in on Electric-type attacks aimed at them. The former also resists Flying-type attacks for Torterra. Setup sweepers such as Ninetales and Barbaracle appreciate Torterra's Stealth Rock support, as it helps them potentially sweep. Defiant users such as Purugly and Pawniard work well with Torterra, as they discourage foes from using Defog.

Tank
########
name: Tank
move 1: Wood Hammer
move 2: Earthquake
move 3: Synthesis
move 4: Stealth Rock
item: Leftovers
evs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
nature: Adamant

Moves
========

Wood Hammer hits Rock-, Water-, and Ground-types such as Golem, Carracosta, Poliwrath, and Marowak. Earthquake hits Fire- and Steel-types which resist Wood Hammer, such as Flareon and Pawniard. Synthesis provides Torterra with a reliable method of recovery from attacks or from Wood Hammer recoil. Stealth Rock is greatly appreciated on any team, as it wears down foes switching in.

Set Details
========

Maximum HP investment allows Torterra to be as bulky as possible to take hits. Maximum Attack investment allows Torterra to hit as hard as possible. A physically defensive spread is an option, with maximum Defense investment and an Impish nature, but Torterra misses out on getting guaranteed OHKOs on Pokemon such as Pawniard. Leftovers gives Torterra passive recovery. Overgrow is the preferred ability, as it boosts the power of Torterra's Grass-type STAB moves.

Usage Tips
========

Because of Torterra's STAB combination, it can force switches against other Stealth Rock setters such as Golem and Barbaracle and proceed to set up its own Stealth Rock. Switch Torterra in on attacks that it resists, such as Rock- and Ground-type attacks, or on a predicted Electric-type attack. Use Synthesis when Torterra's HP falls to 50% or lower, but be mindful of Synthesis's low PP. Opposing Pokemon that resist or are immune to Torterra's STAB combination, such as Gogoat, Tangela, Haunter, and Gourgeist, can give Torterra unfavorable matchups, so it's best to keep this in mind.

Team Options
========

This set is best suited for balanced or bulky offense teams. Ghost-types such as Misdreavus and Dusclops block Rapid Spin and keep Stealth Rock on the opponent's side of the field. Defiant users such as Pawniard and Purugly work well with Torterra, as they stop foes from using Defog. Steel- and Electric-types such as Probopass and Zebstrika can handle Flying-types for Torterra while Torterra can handle Ground-types for them. Water-types such as Carracosta and Poliwrath are good teammates for Torterra, as they both resist Ice and Fire. The former also resists Flying for Torterra. Setup sweepers such as Ninetales and Barbaracle appreciate Torterra's Stealth Rock support, as it helps them potentially sweep. Thick Fat Grumpig aids Torterra, taking Fire- and Ice-type attacks aimed at it.

Rock Polish
########
name: Rock Polish
move 1: Rock Polish
move 2: Wood Hammer / Seed Bomb
move 4: Stone Edge
item: Life Orb / Yache Berry
nature: Adamant / Jolly

Moves
========

Rock Polish increases Torterra's below-average Speed to respectable levels, letting it outspeed most Pokemon in the tier. Wood Hammer smacks Rock-, Water-, and Ground-types such as Golem, Carracosta, Poliwrath, and Marowak. Seed Bomb is an option over Wood Hammer, as it doesn't inflict recoil damage and still gets boosted by STAB, although Torterra will miss out on OHKOing Piloswine with Wood Hammer after Stealth Rock damage. Earthquake is Torterra's main STAB attack for hitting Fire- and Steel-types that resist Wood Hammer, such as Flareon, Ninetales, and Pawniard. Stone Edge provides great coverage for Torterra, as it hits Flying-types such as Dodrio, Ninjask, and Togetic, which resist and are immune to Torterra's STAB combination.

Set Details
========

Maximum Attack investment and an Adamant nature allow Torterra to hit as hard as possible. Maximum Speed investment allows Torterra to outspeed as many Pokemon as possible, especially after a Rock Polish. A Jolly nature can be used to outspeed Choice Scarf Pokemon such as Rotom-F and Mr. Mime after a Rock Polish. Life Orb is the preferred item to increase Torterra's damage output. Yache Berry is also an option, as it allows Torterra to survive Piloswine's Ice Shard and Rotom-F's Hidden Power Ice as well as reliably set up on Water-types that carry Ice-type coverage, such as Poliwrath, Golduck, and Simipour. Overgrow is the preferred ability, boosting Torterra's Grass-type STAB moves when its HP is low.

Usage Tips
========

Use Rock Polish on Pokemon Torterra can force out such as Golem and Carracosta, Pokemon that can't do much to Torterra, or faster offensive teams that can threaten Torterra. Try to set up only when Torterra's checks and counters have been removed or weakened enough for Torterra to take them out on its own. If running Wood Hammer, use it sparingly, as the recoil combined with Life Orb recoil will wear down Torterra faster. Torterra can be used early in the match to wear down checks and counters and then return mid- or late-game to set up Rock Polish to finish off weakened foes.

Team Options
========

Fire-types such as Ninetales and Rapidash are good teammates for Torterra, as they take care of Grass-types for Torterra and resist Ice-type attacks. Wallbreakers, such as Ursaring and Simipour, aid Torterra in weakening or getting rid of Grass-types. Entry hazard support from Pokemon such as Barbaracle, Probopass, and Carracosta helps wear down Torterra's checks and counters, making it easier for Torterra to sweep. Special Poliwrath is a good partner for Torterra, as it baits in Grass-types that Torterra has trouble getting past and hits them with Ice Beam. It also lures in Electric-types for Torterra and beats Piloswine, allowing Torterra to set up easily. Pokemon with access to Volt Switch or U-turn such as Raichu, Rotom-F, and Ninjask work well with Torterra, as they can use their momentum to bring Torterra in on an attack Torterra resists or is immune to.

Choice Band
########
name: Choice Band
move 3: Stone Edge
move 4: Bullet Seed / Crunch
item: Choice Band

Moves
========

Wood Hammer is Torterra's most powerful Grass-type STAB move, nailing Rock-, Water-, and Ground-types such as Golem, Carracosta, Poliwrath, and Marowak. Earthquake allows Torterra to handle Fire- and Steel-types that resist Wood Hammer such as Rapidash and Pawniard. Stone Edge hits Flying-types, such as Ninjask, Togetic, and Dodrio, which resist Wood Hammer and are immune to Earthquake. Bullet Seed can be used to break through Pokemon with Sturdy and Focus Sash leads, such as Golem and Barbaracle, while not having to worry about Wood Hammer's recoil, although the damage isn't as reliable as Wood Hammer's. Crunch is an option over Bullet Seed, as it hits Ghost-types such as Gourgeist, Misdreavus, and Dusknoir super effectively.

Set Details
========

Maximum Attack investment and an Adamant nature are used to hit as hard as possible. Maximum Speed investment lets Torterra outspeed as many threats as possible. A Jolly nature can be used to outspeed Pawniard, as well as Adamant maximum Speed base 65 Pokemon such as Flareon and Heatmor. Overgrow is the preferred ability, giving a significant boost to Torterra's Grass-type moves in a pinch. Choice Band increases Torterra's Attack stat to incredible levels, allowing it do dish out more damage.

Usage Tips
========

Use Torterra's defensive typing to switch it into resisted or Electric-type attacks. Earthquake is the safer attack to use if the opponent doesn't have a Flying-type or a Levitate user. Be cautious of what attack Torterra locks itself into using, as your opponent can take advantage of this and get a free turn. Bullet Seed should be used only as an anti-lead function against Sturdy users, such as Golem, or against Pokemon that normally carry Focus Sash, such as Barbaracle.

Team Options
========

Setup sweepers such as Barbaracle, Ninetales, and Carracosta are good partners to take advantage of Torterra's wallbreaking ability. Ninetales also aids Torterra in handling Grass- and Ice-types. Volt Switch and U-turn users, such as Raichu, Rotom-F, and Probopass make for good partners for Torterra for their ability to gain momentum while bringing Torterra in on a resisted or Electric-type attack. Entry hazard support from Pokemon such as Probopass, Carracosta, and Barbaracle is very useful in helping to wear down Torterra's switch-ins. Sticky Web or paralysis support from Pokemon such as Leavanny, Kricketune, and Grumpig can slow down faster foes for Torterra to outspeed and dent with its attacks. Torterra can also benefit from Trick Room support from Pokemon such as Beheeyem and Carbink. If Torterra is to be played under the effects of Trick Room, ensure that it has a Brave nature, 0 Speed EVs, and 0 Speed IVs.

Other Options
########

Roar is an option on the Tank set to phaze foes, especially setup sweepers, while racking up entry hazard damage. Toxic can be used to cripple Grass-types such as Gourgeist, Tangela, and opposing Torterra. Swords Dance is an option over Stone Edge on the Rock Polish set, as it allows Torterra to pressure more defensively oriented teams at the cost of additional coverage. A specially defensive spread of 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD with a Careful nature is also viable, as it allows Torterra to better handle Electric-types such as Raichu and Zebstrika as well as other special attackers such as Kadabra, Probopass, and Tangela.

Checks & Counters
########

**Grass-types**: Grass-types, such as Tangela and Gourgeist, can take hits from Torterra fairly well, and the latter fears Crunch alone from the Choice Band set while it can cripple Torterra with Will-O-Wisp. Also, Tangela often carries Hidden Power Ice, which threatens Torterra. Quilladin can tank all of Torterra's attacks, heal off damage with Synthesis, and proceed to set up Spikes. Gogoat can switch in on a predicted Grass-type move, get an Attack boost from Sap Sipper, and proceed to set up with Bulk Up or get off a free Substitute.

**Ice-types**: Ice-types, such as Rotom-F and Piloswine, threaten to KO Torterra with their STAB moves but cannot switch in easily. The latter also carries Ice Shard, which can threaten the Rock Polish variant. Aurorus outspeeds Torterra and can KO it with Refrigerate Hyper Voice.

**Fire-types**: Fire-types, such as Flareon, Ninetales, and Heatmor, resist Wood Hammer and can easily KO Torterra with their respective STAB moves but cannot switch in on Earthquake.

**Flying-types**: Flying-types, such as Dodrio and Jumpluff, are immune to Earthquake and usually resist Wood Hammer. However, they must watch out for Stone Edge on the switch.

**Status**: Will-O-Wisp halves Torterra's Attack, rendering it useless, while Toxic puts a timer on Torterra's longevity.

Last edited:

TONE

is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Ready for a QC check. Pretty sure Torterra can run Jolly on the latter 2 sets, but couldn't think of anything off the top of my head that it would outspeed bar Adamant Rampardos. Additional input is greatly appreciated.

add a fast offensive stealth rock set. it's good because it can outspeed and ohko golem through sturdy with bullet seed, as well as generally being a good sr setter with a pretty decent speed tier. honestly it could even be the first set, it's a really solid set.

TONE

add a fast offensive stealth rock set. it's good because it can outspeed and ohko golem through sturdy with bullet seed, as well as generally being a good sr setter with a pretty decent speed tier. honestly it could even be the first set, it's a really solid set.
alright then. I'll make a note of that under Set details for the bulky set and make your set the primary one.

meh, they play a lot differently. the offensive set is more of a lead while the tank fits better on defensive teams and is used to actually check things. they're too different to combine into one set, at least imo. also the offensive sr set should be running jolly. I would make the first two sets as follows:

Offensive Stealth Rock
########

Tank
########

TONE

meh, they play a lot differently. the offensive set is more of a lead while the tank fits better on defensive teams and is used to actually check things. they're too different to combine into one set, at least imo. also the offensive sr set should be running jolly. I would make the first two sets as follows:

Offensive Stealth Rock
########

Tank
########
i see what you mean. tbh, i've never thought of running speed on SR Torterra, but being able to get the jump on Golem and other SR leads is very beneficial. thanks for the input. Can look over again for anything i missed and/or overlooked.

Last edited:

TONE

Slight changes were added to reflect the tier shift.

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
TONE114 this looks solid in general, but im posting not much here now, but will do a full check later.

For the rock polish set i definitely recomend seed bomb at least being slashed with wood hammer as eq already hits hard af and the recoil from lo and wood hammer severely weakens so it is easy KO from priority. Jolly is also an option as it allows it to beat choice scarf rotom-f and mime, and possibly haunter (dont quote me on that). Yache should also get a slash, as it firstly allows torterra to tank an ice shard after being weakened (even a scarftom-f hp ice), to safely let it sweep, and secondly gives it an easier time vs bulky waters. In UT i would not recomend using it early game at all, it really functions as a late game sweeper (i guess can be used mid game). It LOVES special poliwrath, which baits in almost every grass type, and beats both ice shard users, and Ninjask is a nice volturn partner as it baits in rock types which torterra set up on (you have a scyther mention >_>)

TBH im not sure on the viability of cb torterra, but i will ask around and try it out (keep it for now, if that wasnt clear). Also in c&c you should probably add more, like mention that pilo and sneasel can also stop rock polish variants with ice shard, for example

TONE

TONE114 this looks solid in general, but im posting not much here now, but will do a full check later.

For the rock polish set i definitely recomend seed bomb at least being slashed with wood hammer as eq already hits hard af and the recoil from lo and wood hammer severely weakens so it is easy KO from priority. Jolly is also an option as it allows it to beat choice scarf rotom-f and mime, and possibly haunter (dont quote me on that). Yache should also get a slash, as it firstly allows torterra to tank an ice shard after being weakened (even a scarftom-f hp ice), to safely let it sweep, and secondly gives it an easier time vs bulky waters. In UT i would not recomend using it early game at all, it really functions as a late game sweeper (i guess can be used mid game). It LOVES special poliwrath, which baits in almost every grass type, and beats both ice shard users, and Ninjask is a nice volturn partner as it baits in rock types which torterra set up on (you have a scyther mention >_>)

TBH im not sure on the viability of cb torterra, but i will ask around and try it out (keep it for now, if that wasnt clear). Also in c&c you should probably add more, like mention that pilo and sneasel can also stop rock polish variants with ice shard, for example
Sorry about that Anty, thought I got rid of the Scyther mentions, but I made sure I did. Also implemented the changes you suggested. Also Torterra doesn't outspeed Scarf Haunter after a Rock Polish, but I wouldn't have included it as that set has died down since the tier shift. Can check again when ready.

Grim

The Ghost
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Defensive and Specially Defensive Torterra are both viable and should at least be in OO imo.

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The overview is a bit lacking in detail, you should mention its niche over other pokes and what (and why) makes it successful

Offensive Stealth Rock
########
You make it sound like this has to be a lead, which it doesnt since it is a nice to pokes like pawniard. Also mention what type of team to use it on, and in team options definitely talk about its electric resistance with the water types, as one of the most appealing things about torterra is that its a reliable electric check. Adamant should be mentioned in set details along with positives and negatives.

Tank
########
Earthquake isnt just for fires, in fact eq is its main STAB since it has better coverage, and strength if running bullet seed. Im also not too sure on bullet seed, you get outsped by golem so its only niche is hitting poliwrath through its sub, but most might switch out anyway/cant touch you. UT doesnt really say much, you should talk about switching in torterra on specific pokes it walls. Try to avoid copy and pasting with in sets - especcially when its written up - as TO is looking very similar to OSR, which i dont think it should considering OSR is for more offensive teams, while tank is better on balance but can work on offense.

Rock Polish
########
I would avoid using 'exceptional levels' considering it isnt that high as it needs a + speed nature to outspeed most scarfers. Again with EQ, it is stronger than seed bomb, and definitely mention that it is STAB. I wouldnt say rain dance poli is a great partner, rather regular special sets, as they bait in and 2HKO grass types, also add that poliwrath baits in set up opportunities like electric types. The volturn thing which i mentioned last post should be implemented, as ninjask baiting in rock types is really nice.

Choice Band
########
Lol at the eq decription being the same with every post, also add that bullet seed doesnt have recoil. You dont have to mention every move in great detail in UT, as it is often obvious when playing what move to go for. Do say, however, be careful of locking it into moves that can be set up on. Healing wish mime doesnt have to be mentioned with every offensive mon; if torterra is used correctly it will have already weakened the opp down enough in its first life. Pokes that beat its checks and counters, mainly grass types, should be mentioned here

Other Options
########
Seed bomb is on a main set so should be removed

Checks & Counters
########
You still need to add more to this, for example under grass types talk about quilladin sets up spikes, or that gogoat sets up bulk ups, etc

TONE114
C/P isnt too bad now, but definitely dont do so when writing up, as it particularly pisses off GP

TONE

The overview is a bit lacking in detail, you should mention its niche over other pokes and what (and why) makes it successful

Offensive Stealth Rock
########
You make it sound like this has to be a lead, which it doesnt since it is a nice to pokes like pawniard. Also mention what type of team to use it on, and in team options definitely talk about its electric resistance with the water types, as one of the most appealing things about torterra is that its a reliable electric check. Adamant should be mentioned in set details along with positives and negatives.

Tank
########
Earthquake isnt just for fires, in fact eq is its main STAB since it has better coverage, and strength if running bullet seed. Im also not too sure on bullet seed, you get outsped by golem so its only niche is hitting poliwrath through its sub, but most might switch out anyway/cant touch you. UT doesnt really say much, you should talk about switching in torterra on specific pokes it walls. Try to avoid copy and pasting with in sets - especcially when its written up - as TO is looking very similar to OSR, which i dont think it should considering OSR is for more offensive teams, while tank is better on balance but can work on offense.

Rock Polish
########
I would avoid using 'exceptional levels' considering it isnt that high as it needs a + speed nature to outspeed most scarfers. Again with EQ, it is stronger than seed bomb, and definitely mention that it is STAB. I wouldnt say rain dance poli is a great partner, rather regular special sets, as they bait in and 2HKO grass types, also add that poliwrath baits in set up opportunities like electric types. The volturn thing which i mentioned last post should be implemented, as ninjask baiting in rock types is really nice.

Choice Band
########
Lol at the eq decription being the same with every post, also add that bullet seed doesnt have recoil. You dont have to mention every move in great detail in UT, as it is often obvious when playing what move to go for. Do say, however, be careful of locking it into moves that can be set up on. Healing wish mime doesnt have to be mentioned with every offensive mon; if torterra is used correctly it will have already weakened the opp down enough in its first life. Pokes that beat its checks and counters, mainly grass types, should be mentioned here

Other Options
########
Seed bomb is on a main set so should be removed

Checks & Counters
########
You still need to add more to this, for example under grass types talk about quilladin sets up spikes, or that gogoat sets up bulk ups, etc

TONE114
C/P isnt too bad now, but definitely dont do so when writing up, as it particularly pisses off GP
Implemented the stuff you talked about, but feel free to let me know if i missed out on any important inqueries. Also would like your opinion in regards to GrimoireGod's post regarding specially defensive Torterra for OO.

Anty

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Quick couple of things on the Rock Polish set.

First thing is that I think Swords Dance should at least be mentioned in moves if not slashed somewhere on the set. Reason for this is that when facing faster teams you obviously rock polish and against bulkier teams you have a way to muscle past them. Good enough for at least a moves mention.

Jolly on the Rock Polish set outspeeds the entire unboosted meta, while Jolly lets you outspeed base 90 scarfers but not base 95 scarfers (there are a couple of relevant ones that can revenge Jolly tort).

Usage tips needs to be expanded out on the rock polish set. Your 3 points are basically the same thing. You should say that Rock Polish is only needed against offensive teams while against defensive teams you should outspeed the majority of them anyways. If SD is slashed say you should set up a SD against slower teams and a rock polish against faster teams. Talk about when to use the moves on the set, should you predict the switch into certain things to 2HKO them? Add in more things than 2 ground types that you can set up on, say stuff that is weak and can only hit you for minor damage etc. etc.

Anty

let's drop
From plenty of use (as a lot of people know) i think sd is oo max. Setting up one boost is a lot easier than setting up, as by then they have either switched out to something that handles it, or 2hko you/do enough damage with 2 hits to where torterra is picked off by priority. Also losing grass coverage is annoying AF. The bulkiest teams you will find are balance, which still have plenty of faster pokes, sd may work in a meta where stall works, but in an offeensive meta like this, rp is more important

TONE

I included Montsegur's suggestion and slashed Swords Dance after Stone Edge and removed SD from OO, though I still feel that Stone Edge would still be the preferred option as Torterra does hit hard already regardless of a +2 Attack boost as well as the fact that it's running LO, plus Torterra likes the coverage that Stone Edge provides. Also did some fixing with the UT for the Rock Polish set. Can check again Anty.

Last edited:

Anty

let's drop
I really really dislike using SD
  • Swords Dance is an option over Stone Edge for this set, as it allows Torterra to pressure more defensive oriented teams at the cost of additional coverage.
The problem is that defensive teams dont exist in this meta, and you also have a worse matchup if you run SD considering you now lose flying types ala togetic. It is also a joke against offensive based teams now considering jumpluff is every where, along with other pokes like rotom-f and dodrio. You also dont set up on offense at all, and the most defensive teams out there are balance, which will run pelipper/togetic/avalugg if not pilo which already beats you. I really dont see why you would run a move that helps you vs a dead playstyle over a move that allows torterra to do its job and sweep

TONE

Point has been taken into account and Swords Dance has been put back in OO and removed from the RP set. Added some more input in UT for the Rock Polish set in regards of the moves. Can check again Anty.

Anty

let's drop
Sorry about the dumb formatting my keyboard is has pulled a kecleon and suddenly become broken :(

Mention in the overview about its grass typing as that is also a huge niche over pilo as it can tank physical waters

1st set: stress that jolly lets you beat dwebble and pawn; otherwise there isnt much of a reason to use jolly; and you should prolly slash adamant| 'This Torterra set is best used on balanced or hyper offense teams.' - that goes in TO rather than UT| In UT there isnt much to write; but talk about stealth rock being a priority (other than against golem)

2nd set: UT doesnt say much about how to use this mon; eg it is obvious when to use synthesis (although the PP thing is relevant); talk more about what you should bring it in on and that it should be careful around pokes that can bop it eg wrath| This and the first sets TO is similar; although they are similar; they are largely; ie they should be used on different teams

3rd set: You should talk about why you use wood hammer over seed bomb| Mention that yache also allows it to have more set up opportunities esp vs waters| I dont really like the stone edge point in UT as the only time things are switching in on it are when you set up| Mention that wrath also beats the two ice shard users| This is a bit general but talk about wallbreakers to weaken the opp

4th set: Say that bullet seed has unreliable damage out put| def mention that about beating pawn as a perk| Talk about torterras main use; ie being a wallbreaker| More could be done in TO like mention examples of what beats its checks and counter

TONE114 implement and i will prolly stamp

TONE

Sorry about the dumb formatting my keyboard is has pulled a kecleon and suddenly become broken :(

Mention in the overview about its grass typing as that is also a huge niche over pilo as it can tank physical waters

1st set: stress that jolly lets you beat dwebble and pawn; otherwise there isnt much of a reason to use jolly; and you should prolly slash adamant| 'This Torterra set is best used on balanced or hyper offense teams.' - that goes in TO rather than UT| In UT there isnt much to write; but talk about stealth rock being a priority (other than against golem)

2nd set: UT doesnt say much about how to use this mon; eg it is obvious when to use synthesis (although the PP thing is relevant); talk more about what you should bring it in on and that it should be careful around pokes that can bop it eg wrath| This and the first sets TO is similar; although they are similar; they are largely; ie they should be used on different teams

3rd set: You should talk about why you use wood hammer over seed bomb| Mention that yache also allows it to have more set up opportunities esp vs waters| I dont really like the stone edge point in UT as the only time things are switching in on it are when you set up| Mention that wrath also beats the two ice shard users| This is a bit general but talk about wallbreakers to weaken the opp

4th set: Say that bullet seed has unreliable damage out put| def mention that about beating pawn as a perk| Talk about torterras main use; ie being a wallbreaker| More could be done in TO like mention examples of what beats its checks and counter

TONE114 implement and i will prolly stamp
Changes implented. Also added a few small nitpicks to the sets. Can look over again Anty. Sorry for not tagging you sooner.

The ability for any set that runs synthesis should be Shell Armor, so that you counter Storm Throw Throh.
Change and reflect in set details.
1/3

Also give a mention to aurorus in ice types since it shits on lead sets very badly as it outspeeds

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)