General Introduce yourself!

Hi, welcome to smogon! Feel free to check out our list of mentors and also the Help Form (both are on the homepage). Also, you can sign up for Battling 101 when a new round opens up. Have fun!
Thanks for welcoming me, I try those you mentioned but first I'll see a bit how my team works.
I posted the link before, I'm unsure if I should use Mega-Scizor or Mega-Metagross.
Also I wonder if I should use Donphan or Clefable as my lead.
The great advantage of Clefable is softboiled, while the great advantage of Donphan is Rapid Spin.
I wrongly posted that as a XY Team, but the truth is that is a ORAS team,
should I talk to a mod to change that or isn't it really needed?

Thanks for your support :)

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Cool! Made a thread in the art forums so I hope to meet spark some comments :)
Your art thread is really cool. The art community needs more people like you so you should definitely stick around. :) Welcome to the community, I look forward to seeing your other work C:

Your art thread is really cool. The art community needs more people like you so you should definitely stick around. :) Welcome to the community, I look forward to seeing your other work C:
Hi skylight, I'm not sure if I can ask this for you but I decided to since you're a mod.
I've made a topic on rate my team but it's shown as a XY OU Team,
and it's a ORAS OU Team instead; could you change it for me please?

Here is the link for it: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/my-first-competitive-team.3528482/

Hi, I'm Andrew and this is my first time posting on Smogon. =D I played Pokemon for a long time but I haven't done any competitive battling yet. I've been lurking around the forums lately mostly to look for tips on taking on the Battle Maison, and thought that I may as well make an account. Anyways, hope we get along. ^.^

Hi Im 15 and i have been playing since 2nd or 3rd Gen. I haven't been in to competitive battling until now. I hope i can make some friend and gain some tips form everyone.

Hi guys!!

You can call me Chintz or Chinky, i like both so its ur choice! im 25 and been playing pokemon since Gen I with Blue version, though ive never been a competitive player. Ive only ever missed out on Gen IV games and with the new Gen VI games I am COMPLETELY hooked again. I play X and am saving up for ORAS. So i decided in the meantime to work on my game and build a competitive pokemon team. I am very interested in your tutor program!! I want to learn to bring out the best in my beloved pokemon, using everything they have to offer.

Good evening everyone, the names anima. Been playing pokemon since Red version, just starting playing competitively with ORAS. Mostly here for the mentorship program but, if anyone has any questions off topic about joining the marine corps, feel free to message me as I just got out of a five year contract last august and would love to answer any of your questions. Also i'm always down for a battle so hit me up and PM me and we'll get things underway.
-Semper Fi

xzern

for sure
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi Im 15 and i have been playing since 2nd or 3rd Gen. I haven't been in to competitive battling until now. I hope i can make some friend and gain some tips form everyone.
hey haven my whickedy whack home dawg qB^)

You're interested in competitive, you say? Which tier? All of the official Smogon tiers are listed here in the Competitive Discussion megaforum as the ones that have subforums. You can also talk to a mentor (list is here) that specializes in competitive aspects if you need any general help navigating a tier. As for myself, I could help you with the Doubles or NU tier (but mostly doubles because i havent played NU in a while). You can contact a mentor by PMing them by doing "Start a Conversation" while on their profile.

Hi guys!!

You can call me Chintz or Chinky, i like both so its ur choice! im 25 and been playing pokemon since Gen I with Blue version, though ive never been a competitive player. Ive only ever missed out on Gen IV games and with the new Gen VI games I am COMPLETELY hooked again. I play X and am saving up for ORAS. So i decided in the meantime to work on my game and build a competitive pokemon team. I am very interested in your tutor program!! I want to learn to bring out the best in my beloved pokemon, using everything they have to offer.
yo chinky my slick radical home slice qB^) i'm running out of good ones

I got hooked back on pokemon when xy came out too, I was kinda just lurking around showdown in the era of late BW but I got into Smogon when the newer gen 6 metas came out. To clarify, do you mean mentors of this subforum or tutors of the Battling 101 subforum? Us mentors help you guys get in to the community aspects of Smogon while B101 directly helps with competitive. (thats not to say we cant help with competitive also, though!) Anyway, the tutors of B101 are located in their subforum. iirc, the next round of tutoring starts a bit over a week, but you can linger with us until that happens. Us mentors are always happy to answer your general or competitive questions!

Good evening everyone, the names anima. Been playing pokemon since Red version, just starting playing competitively with ORAS. Mostly here for the mentorship program but, if anyone has any questions off topic about joining the marine corps, feel free to message me as I just got out of a five year contract last august and would love to answer any of your questions. Also i'm always down for a battle so hit me up and PM me and we'll get things underway.
-Semper Fi
hey anima my super radical main man qB^)

Welcome to Smogon! I'm going to assume that the tier you're talking about is OU, but correct me if I'm wrong. If you want to get into ORAS OU, their forum with all sorts of resources is located here. You can also talk to one of the mentors that specialize in OU to help get you eased into the community. Some cool OU guys that I know include Albacore and Aragorn the King. You can talk to them by PMing them by "Starting a Conversation" or VMing them by leaving a post on their profile.

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
Hi, I'm Andrew and this is my first time posting on Smogon. =D I played Pokemon for a long time but I haven't done any competitive battling yet. I've been lurking around the forums lately mostly to look for tips on taking on the Battle Maison, and thought that I may as well make an account. Anyways, hope we get along. ^.^
Hi Theron!
Welcome to Smogon! For a start to the simulator, go here. As for a guide to competitive, go here. Otherwise, feel free to ask questions; have fun!
Hey HavenXZ!
I've been playing since Emerald. I would recommend checking out the guide I posted above for you as well, as it is great for competitive battling beginners. Have a good time!
Hi guys!!

Hello Chinky123!
Nice to meet a veteran! I started with Emerald, then took a break and got back in with Y. After that, I went back and visited Generations IV and V. You can sign up for the tutor program as an apprentice here. :) Have a great time!
-Semper Fi
Nice to meet you xAnimaSola13x!
Again, it's always nice to see an original player! :o You can view our list of mentors here, and also PM one of them from there if you want some competitive help. And you're a marine? :OOO Cool!! Anyways, if you have any other questions, please ask. Have fun!

Also, everyone; please consult the Help form if you want some quick answers to questions. In addition, please give us your feedback once you get settled in. Have a good time, and I'll see you around!

Thanks for welcoming me, I try those you mentioned but first I'll see a bit how my team works.
I posted the link before, I'm unsure if I should use Mega-Scizor or Mega-Metagross.
Also I wonder if I should use Donphan or Clefable as my lead.
The great advantage of Clefable is softboiled, while the great advantage of Donphan is Rapid Spin.
I wrongly posted that as a XY Team, but the truth is that is a ORAS team,
should I talk to a mod to change that or isn't it really needed?

Thanks for your support :)
Hi, just change the thread title in thread tools->change title. Also please don't post about receiving rates here, that's what the RMT subforum is for and you'll automatically get help within a few days ^_^

yo chinky my slick radical home slice qB^) i'm running out of good ones

I got hooked back on pokemon when xy came out too, I was kinda just lurking around showdown in the era of late BW but I got into Smogon when the newer gen 6 metas came out. To clarify, do you mean mentors of this subforum or tutors of the Battling 101 subforum? Us mentors help you guys get in to the community aspects of Smogon while B101 directly helps with competitive. (thats not to say we cant help with competitive also, though!) Anyway, the tutors of B101 are located in their subforum. iirc, the next round of tutoring starts a bit over a week, but you can linger with us until that happens. Us mentors are always happy to answer your general or competitive questions!
heyyy thanks for the slick radical welcome =P
interested in Battling101 but until registrations reopen i guess i'll just be sticking around here.. figuring out what all these crazy acronyms mean and in which ranks my fav pokemons are

Hello Chinky123!
Nice to meet a veteran! I started with Emerald, then took a break and got back in with Y. After that, I went back and visited Generations IV and V. You can sign up for the tutor program as an apprentice here. :) Have a great time!
LOL a veteran...Gen I pokemon games were seriously special *nostalgic face* though playing them now with the new 3ds graphics would seem mundane to ppl that didnt grow up with it. thanks for the link..saw it just hav to remember to sign up in two weeks time! =P

Hello from California. I'm Volcarona563, I been a pokemon fan from the early days of Pokemon RBY. I only recently started to play competitively. I spend a lot of time playing ubers and ou. Other than pokemon I enjoy playing music. I look forward to knowing you and hopefully make good contributions.

Hello from California. I'm Volcarona563, I been a pokemon fan from the early days of Pokemon RBY. I only recently started to play competitively. I spend a lot of time playing ubers and ou. Other than pokemon I enjoy playing music. I look forward to knowing you and hopefully make good contributions.
Hey there! Seems like you've been playing Pokemon for a long while.

It's cool that you like playing music. What instrument(s) do you play?

Anyway, be sure to use this form or PM me if you need any help. Enjoy Smogon!

I've been lurking a lot and posting sparsely but I never formally introduced myself and I figured it would be nice to share a little bit of my Pokemon background.

When Pokemon first came stateside during my childhood it wasn't long before I found myself with a copy of one of the games. I'd played Pokemon entirely for fun right up until about 2004 which was when I entered my first small tournament. A convention rolled around in a local city and I managed to do very well (thanks boltbeam Regice.) The time period from 2004-2006 had me participating in a couple of tournaments and prepping for them using Shoddy Battle. In gen 4 and gen 5 I had a bit of a quiet period in which most of my experience was from wi-fi battles. Now I do a great portion of my battling on Showdown.

I wasn't really aware of a metagame until recently though. I wasn't a frequent contributor or viewer of competitive Pokemon discussion until this year. My only rating achievements I'd consider notable are reaching 1500 in the current OU ladder and reaching 2000 on Ubers under the old system in early XY. I'm still pretty inexperienced on the whole since my number of battles is actually pretty low. I have an awful case of ladder anxiety and I often stop playing a team once my winrate starts to tumble a little bit with it.

Anyway, I'm sure you guys will see me around occasionally. If you're interested in a battle, hit me up. I'm always interested in learning more about the game even though I'm probably not at the level at which one would recommend a mentor, so I figure I'll learn by experience.

Hello, my name is Guigi555. I'm 19 years old and whimsicott is one of my favourite pokemons (surprise!). I started playing pokemon on gen 4 and only started trying to play competively recently. I need some help to breed and someone to help me learn how to ev train. I play mostly uu and ru on showdown. Thank you for your attention!

Hi! I am Lushna. I started with platinum and played all of them since. I got into competitive battling recently and I just decided to make a smogon account. Used to hate gen 3 but Oras gave me new outlook. I am from India and my favorite is infernape

Hi, I'm Kenneth! I'm a chemical engineer, and during my spare time I sometimes play Pokemon on my emulator. I do not have a 3DS so the last Pokemon game I've played was Platinum (first one was Yellow, back in high school ^_^). I've known Smogon for a long time now, but I was hesitant to play competitive battling; the jargon being used was sooo intimidating I felt like I will be throwing myself to a pack of wolves if I play.

I decided to make my first PS team in UU a week ago since I've become bored in replaying past Pokemon games. Still struggling with the offensive and defensive properties of Fairies >_<, but in my first week I am quite surprised at the level of sportsmanship on the simulator. No fuuuuu, some players apologizing for the hax, some players suggesting moves when I made a bad decision even if I wasn't asking, etc. It was quite a delight that I decided to make an account here, allowing me to be more immersed in this community. Hoping that this first impression will last! :)

Hello, my name is Guigi555. I'm 19 years old and whimsicott is one of my favourite pokemons (surprise!). I started playing pokemon on gen 4 and only started trying to play competively recently. I need some help to breed and someone to help me learn how to ev train. I play mostly uu and ru on showdown. Thank you for your attention!
I'm a new user at Smogon but been playing since 1st gen and competitively since 4th gen,
if you want I can help you a bit into teaching you how to Breed, EV training, Natures and everything else,
just send me a message if you need any help ;)

QueBien

I've been lurking a lot and posting sparsely but I never formally introduced myself and I figured it would be nice to share a little bit of my Pokemon background.

When Pokemon first came stateside during my childhood it wasn't long before I found myself with a copy of one of the games. I'd played Pokemon entirely for fun right up until about 2004 which was when I entered my first small tournament. A convention rolled around in a local city and I managed to do very well (thanks boltbeam Regice.) The time period from 2004-2006 had me participating in a couple of tournaments and prepping for them using Shoddy Battle. In gen 4 and gen 5 I had a bit of a quiet period in which most of my experience was from wi-fi battles. Now I do a great portion of my battling on Showdown.

I wasn't really aware of a metagame until recently though. I wasn't a frequent contributor or viewer of competitive Pokemon discussion until this year. My only rating achievements I'd consider notable are reaching 1500 in the current OU ladder and reaching 2000 on Ubers under the old system in early XY. I'm still pretty inexperienced on the whole since my number of battles is actually pretty low. I have an awful case of ladder anxiety and I often stop playing a team once my winrate starts to tumble a little bit with it.

Anyway, I'm sure you guys will see me around occasionally. If you're interested in a battle, hit me up. I'm always interested in learning more about the game even though I'm probably not at the level at which one would recommend a mentor, so I figure I'll learn by experience.
Hi Deoxys Prime!
Most of my competitive battling takes place in Showdown, too. 1500 in OU? That's pretty good; my highest was 1430 or something. :/ Experience is how I learned most of my team-building skills, too. I didn't learn about the mentorship system until a few months ago. Anyways, have fun and I'll see you around!
Hi! I am Lushna. I started with platinum and played all of them since. I got into competitive battling recently and I just decided to make a smogon account. Used to hate gen 3 but Oras gave me new outlook. I am from India and my favorite is infernape
Hey lushna!
Hate Gen 3? ;_; Well, in fact, Emerald was my favorite. :I If you have any questions, visit the Help form. Otherwise, have a good time!
Hi, I'm Kenneth! I'm a chemical engineer, and during my spare time I sometimes play Pokemon on my emulator. I do not have a 3DS so the last Pokemon game I've played was Platinum (first one was Yellow, back in high school ^_^). I've known Smogon for a long time now, but I was hesitant to play competitive battling; the jargon being used was sooo intimidating I felt like I will be throwing myself to a pack of wolves if I play.

I decided to make my first PS team in UU a week ago since I've become bored in replaying past Pokemon games. Still struggling with the offensive and defensive properties of Fairies >_<, but in my first week I am quite surprised at the level of sportsmanship on the simulator. No fuuuuu, some players apologizing for the hax, some players suggesting moves when I made a bad decision even if I wasn't asking, etc. It was quite a delight that I decided to make an account here, allowing me to be more immersed in this community. Hoping that this first impression will last! :)
Hello ChinChanSu!
I myself have not played Generations 1 or 2 yet. :p Yeah, I also like it when my opponent tries to be as helpful as possible, so I try to do the same, too. Anyways, try out the different forums here at Smogon to find a few you like, then get involved! If you ever have any questions, feel free to consult the Help form (see link above). Have a great time!

Welcome to smogon ChinChansu. So glad to see a long time fan. Happy to hear you having a good experience. I was in elementary school at the time of RBY. So glad to know someone older than me is still playing.

Hi! I'm Andrea, I'm a boy an I'm from Italy! I'm only 15, but I hope someone here can help me improve my terrible double battle skills, cuz I reeeally need to get better! See y'all soon!
Oh, sorry for my use of the language but I'm not very good in English guys lol.

QueBien

Hi! I'm Andrea, I'm a boy an I'm from Italy! I'm only 15, but I hope someone here can help me improve my terrible double battle skills, cuz I reeeally need to get better! See y'all soon!
Oh, sorry for my use of the language but I'm not very good in English guys lol.
Hey Andrea!
Nice to meet you! Visit the "Doubles" room to gain some insight on the tier. In addition, you could also PM a mentor for some help improving your competitive skills. You could also visit the "Competitive Tutoring" room for some more help. Have a good time!

Hey Andrea!
Nice to meet you! Visit the "Doubles" room to gain some insight on the tier. In addition, you could also PM a mentor for some help improving your competitive skills. You could also visit the "Competitive Tutoring" room for some more help. Have a good time!
Lol, here's the first stupid thing I did on the site, I meant VGC, but I confused with doubles .-. Thx, I've already completed the form for asking for a tutor, and I'm waiting for someone to reply! The competiting tutoring room that u quoted is a room on Showdown or what else?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)