Item: Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Earthquake is Garchomp's main STAB and an absolute necessity on every Garchomp out there. Dragon Claw hits flying type and pokémons with levitate, also it doesn't lock the user, considering fairies are immune to Dragon moves makes Outrage not as good as it once was. Stealth Rock is a move I really want on my team, considering Garchomp is one of the few good offensive SR user in OU. Swords Dance give Garchomp a way to boost it's attack to insane levels.

Offensive Dragon Dancer Gyrados:

Item: Leftovers
Ability: Moxie
Nature: Adamant
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance

Dragon Dance gives a nice speed boost, making it able to outspeed
most serious threats that would stand against it.
Moxie makes it become harder and harder to revenge kill.
Normally I switch it after putting Stealth Rock on the field
with Clefable and paralyzing the opponent but I don't do it
when there is some pokémon with an eletric move that's faster than it.

Focus Sash Offensive Gengar:

Item: Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Taunt

Shadow Ball is it's main STAB, it hits well on almost everything.
For Normal and Fairies I have Sludge Wave, which has an amazing Power Base,
100 accuracy and has a chance of poisoning. Thunderbolt gives it a weapon to face bulky water types such as Gyrados. Taunt would prevent defensive pokémon that would try to set harzards and status conditions, which is sets well on gengar considering it's great speed

Purely Offensive Volcarona:

Item: Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 Sp. Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
- Fiery Dance
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power(Rock)
- Quiver Dance

With it's 100 Base Speed, with beneficial nature and
fully EV trained on that matter, it can outspeed a lot
of the OU pokémons. Fiery Dance gives a very good
chance of Sp. Atk boost(50%), therefore I chose it.
Giga Drain gives it a great weapon against Ground,
Rock and Water types, and combined with Shell Bell
may give a great restoring HP power.
Hidden Power Rock is great a against Fire pokémon
in general, specially Carizard, which it couldn't do much
without Hidden Power. Quiver Dance is one of the best
stat increasing move of the game.

Specs Sylveon:

Ability: Pixilate
Item: Choice Specs
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 HP, 252 SP. Atk, 4 Spe
- Hyper Voice
- Psychock
- Shadow Ball
- Baton Pass

Sylveon is not definitive yet and I'm not sure what's the best use I could have for it.
I just want an offensive Fairy type and Sylveon seems to suit good that way.

Alternative Defog Mega-Scizor:

Item: Scizorite
Ability: Techinician
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 44 Def/ 204 Sp. Def / 4 Spe
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Defog

With this set Scizor can Wall finely both physical and special seweepers.
Bullet Punch combines stab and techinician bonus, making Scizor one of the best priority users in OU metagame. Knock Off gives scizor a weapon against steel pokémon that would trouble him and have that very effect we all know and love. Roost gives this bulky scizor a way of recovering HP, making it quite hard to kill without a fire move and defog could be used to eliminate harzards, especially SR, which cripples Volcarona.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Rapture

I got so much time today
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
ill edit this post for my full rate later since typing on my tablet is a comlete hassle. Anyway one thing i would change rn is to replace poison jab on garchomp, Earthquake plus stab does just about the same amount of damage on most everything you would hit with it. Personally I would suggest is making chomp Naive nature and giving it fire blast instead.

alright im not going to say much but please dont use donphan. seriously hes not very good. There are better setters of hazzards such as hipowdon and better spinners such as excadrill out there and donphan simply is not as good as he was.

You need to have a description for every pokemon
Is it all right now?

alright im not going to say much but please dont use donphan. seriously hes not very good. There are better setters of hazzards such as hipowdon and better spinners such as excadrill out there and donphan simply is not as good as he was.
Do you have any recommendation on a Pokémon that uses Stealth Rock and Rapid Spin?

Well the first thing that pops up is the amount of Pokemon you have. You do know that you have 8 pokemon? Secondly you can only have one mega Pokemon on your team.

I would recommend you not using donphan and using excadrill as your rapid support.

Sooooo I'm guessing you play on some weird pick 8 bring 6 server"? Seeing as u have 8 pokemon, 2 st setters and 2 megas
?_? And also, use excadrill as the person above me said, and probably run calm mind over stealth rock on clefs le, go with the team.!

Well the first thing that pops up is the amount of Pokemon you have. You do know that you have 8 pokemon? Secondly you can only have one mega Pokemon on your team.

I would recommend you not using donphan and using excadrill as your rapid support.
Sooooo I'm guessing you play on some weird pick 8 bring 6 server"? Seeing as u have 8 pokemon, 2 st setters and 2 megas
?_? And also, use excadrill as the person above me said, and probably run calm mind over stealth rock on clefs le, go with the team.!
As I said, I use the first eight, but I already used Mega-Scizor and was thinking to take the Clefable out of my team to use a Rapid Spin+Stealth Rock User.s
Do you guys have any suggestion? I only seen pokémons that doesn't have much use in competitive gameplay such as Claydol, Torkoal, Armaldo etc
The best alternative for me seems Donphan, unless I changed it to two pokémons, one with Rapid Spin and the other with Stealth Rock,
not what I wanted but may end up been a good alternative. Any Ideas?

get rid of donphan for exca and clef for tar. its getting confusing as there are more then 6 mons

sets:
Tyranitar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive / Rash Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast / Thunderbolt / Superpower

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide / Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin

Last edited:
get rid of donphan for exca and clef for tar. its getting confusing as there are more then 6 mons

sets:
Tyranitar @ Focus Sash
Naive / Rash Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Ice Beam

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
I'm using Clefary and I was wanting to switch to Donphan., I'll use Tyranitar instead.
I have Mega-Metagross and was thinking in switching it to Scizor,
but I'd need to take one of the others out for Excadrill, what pokémon should I take of my Team:
Garchomp, Gengar, Gyrados or Volcarona.

Rapture

I got so much time today
Taking everything you said in the OP into consideration, here are the changes I would make to the team;

Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Sp. Def - EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Ability: Magic Guard
Item: Rocky Helmet - Leftovers
Moveset: MoonBlast
Softboiled
Thunder Wave - Calm mind
Stealth Rock - Flamethrower

EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4HP
Item: Life Orb - Choice Scarf
Movestet: Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Poison Jab - Stone Edge
Swords Dance - Outrage

EVs: 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
Ability: Levitate
Item: Focus Sash - Life Orb
Moveset: Shadow Ball
Sludge Wave
Thunderbolt - Focus Blast
Dazzling Gleam - Taunt

EVs: 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Spe, 4 Sp. Def
Ability: Flame Body
Item: Shell Bell - Expert Belt
Moveset: Fiery Dance - Fire Blast
Giga Drain
Hidden Power(Ground)/Hidden Power Rock/Ice
Quiver Dance

EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 Def
Ability: Clear Body/Tough Claws(Mega)
Item: Metagrossite
Moveset: Meteor Mash
Zen Headbutt
Bullet Punch
Earthquake - Hammer Arm/Ice Punch

Most of the changes above are just to make the team more efficient in general, Hammer arm on Metagross helps to kill steel types a lot easier, Clefable's Spread makes it a great mixed wall to take hits, but that can be changed to better suit your team if you feel the need to. Taunt on Gengar makes it harder for stall to win against you, and Focus Blast + stab makes really hard for some teams to switch in safely on it. The hidden power on volc can be changed to hit a mon for super effective damage (Hp Rock can hit stuff like Char Y since your team is kinda weak to it while Hp ice can be used for Lando - T and other ice weak mons who try and stop you from sweeping) Finally The last thing I would do is to scrap gyrados and replace it with empoleon

Set:
Empoleon @ Leftovers/Chople Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 92 Def / 176 SpD
Bold Nature/Relaxed
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Scald
- Roar/Knock Off
Gives you a nice wall to set up rocks and get rid of opposing hazards as you need to, I get that you dont want to use multiple items but if you're gonna play on a simulator you might as well, other wise you can change it if you prefer.

Super long list I know, but I'm sure they will make this team a lot better :]]

sets:
Tyranitar @ Focus Sash
Naive / Rash Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Ice Beam

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
hmm id say get rid of gengar perhaps. dont use empleon. if your using drill you have no use for one.
Putting Excadrill in Gengar's place seems fine, putting Tyranitar on Clefable place also seems OK,
but this Nature and EVs of Tyranitar seem not that good to me, because Tyranitar's base speed iss 61, which is quite low,
is it really worth to effort it in speed when it will be nowhere fast? Wouldn't it be better to trade it for some bulky?

I was thinking about this set instead:

Tyranitar

Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 248 HP, 252 Def, 8 Sp. Def
Item: Smooth Rock(I was also thinking about Rocky Helmet)
Movestet:
Stealth Rock
Crunch
Ice Beam
Fire Blast

This would switch Clefable and would be the lead of my team.
It's one of the most reliable user of Stealth Rock in the Tier.
Fire Blast can KO bulky steel types that would be troublesome
for Tyranitar such as Ferrothorn, Scizor and Skarmory.
Crunch is it's STAB, it hits Latios, Latias and Gengar well.
Ice Beam takes Landorus-T, Gliscor and Hippowdon and
prevents Garchomp from switching in.

What do you think about it?

erm its a more offensive stealth rock setter...if you change the speed you kinda ruin the set.... By removing the sp.a and speed investment you cant even use the same set. soooo yeah...

erm its a more offensive stealth rock setter...if you change the speed you kinda ruin the set.... By removing the sp.a and speed investment you cant even use the same set. soooo yeah...
This set is onde of the recommended by Smogon. I'd preffer a more bulky stealth rock user. Why do you say it ruin the set?

Rapture

I got so much time today
try pursuit over crunch that way once you get rocks up, you can switch out and trap anything weak to dark type moves like the latis and gengar since theyll be trying to switch out on you most of the time.

Also I would update the OP with any changes to the team that you made so far, like ttar and excadrill, that way people know what team it is you need help with.

thats the xy sets. were in oras
This includes ORAS sets as well.

try pursuit over crunch that way once you get rocks up, you can switch out and trap anything weak to dark type moves like the latis and gengar since theyll be trying to switch out on you most of the time.

Also I would update the OP with any changes to the team that you made so far, like ttar and excadrill, that way people know what team it is you need help with.
I'll test a bit both sets, one with pursuit and the other with Crunch so I can say which was more efficient. So fra I want to try a bit Crunch since it's the only Physiical Move in this set,
and combined with Stab grants a good offensive power.

I see 8 mons, but that's more than you can have. I know Megagross replaces Scizor, but I have no idea where Exca is supposed to fit, probably over Garchomp. I'd recommend editing your original post so raters actually know what they're doing, it's hard to rate a team and identify weaknesses and patches when we're not entirely sure what the team is exactly, just 6 definitive mons and no more.
Alright, working with what I can your team looks somewhat susceptible to stall, you might be able to crack through it eventually but you seem to lack the kick to actually kill their momentum. This is where Taunt Gengar comes in as mentioned earlier. Taunting defensive threats to keep them from spamming their toxics and recovers and all that shit that makes them feel tough really drives the momentum in your favour, it forces stall teams to play offensively which they cannot do. I'd advise running Focus Blast on it too to handle the afore mentioned threats from the other thread, but I can see you're not budging with this so I'd say replace Dazzling Gleam, it's exceptionally pointless and Thunderbolt at least helps you deal with bulky Waters that seem to hold you back. Focis Sash is also somewhat redundant since Sandstorm is just going to break it, I'd advise Black Sludge or Life Orb to either kick your attacks up a notch or to recover your health from the Sandstorm damage.
Shell Bell is an unreliable source of recovery on anything besides some F.E.A.R piece of shit, so I'd advise against running it on Volc. Life Orb or Leftovers are your two main go-to items for a Volc due to either offering consistent recovery or power. Lefties may be a superior option to roll back the Sandstorm damage you might be taking, Life Orb recoil + Sandstorm damage isn't favoured. There's Expert Belt too if you want some sort of compromise, I guess. I'd recommend HP Ice too, your team seems to have little to deal with Lando, Gyarados isn't the best answer due to taking super effective damage from a Stone Edge or whatever. You can bait Lando in with Volc and catch it with HP Ice on the switch, it takes some pressure of Gyara having an extra plan for Lando. Your team has so much Ground coverage anyway so losing HP Ground is not something you're missing.
I see digging into T-Tar is quite a trend here, so I'll join in the action. You seem to lack a solid answer to Lati@s, the Eon twins could potentially run through you depending on their coverage, if they're not HP Fire/Fighting runners then your best answer is risking a speed-tie with Gengar, and it's not safe to leave your strategy in the hands of RNG when you can avoid it. Scarf T-Tar is a thing for just that reason. It is the definitive anti-Lati machine, being able to outspeed it, trap it, whatever, unless it's a Scarfed HP Fighting Lati then you're clear for the kill. Also a relatively potent revenger in general against anything barring opposing Scarfers.
Garchomp, I have no idea what he does on your team, I'm guessing he's the subject of replacement with Excadrill? I can't see anything else he helps with. Regardless, your set is not optimal. The only sets Chomps really effectively run nowdays is Scarf or SR+SD lead. Given that I'm not all that sure about your team's overall direction I won't go into any more criticism of Chomp and assume it's being replaced with Exca unless stated otherwise.
Lastly, Scizor I'll assume the same thing as Chomp, it's being replaced with Megagross. Regardless, max Speed is recommended on Mega Sciz, or at least 224 speed to outspeed Timid Magnezone. Superpower can replace Bug Bite because, while Bug Bite is STAB Superpower offers more coverage against threats such as the afore mentioned Mag and Heatran who come in thinking they can check you. And SD over Roost, without SD (or Defog utility which is kind of dated on Mega Sciz) Mega Sciz is a waste of potential since it can't punch the hard holes or get the clean sweeps it otherwise would.
That's what I have for now. I might have more to say when I'm more sure of what your team is and what isn't (i.e: which 6 mons). Hope this helps.

Godzilla (Tyranitar) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

I see 8 mons, but that's more than you can have. I know Megagross replaces Scizor, but I have no idea where Exca is supposed to fit, probably over Garchomp. I'd recommend editing your original post so raters actually know what they're doing, it's hard to rate a team and identify weaknesses and patches when we're not entirely sure what the team is exactly, just 6 definitive mons and no more.
Alright, working with what I can your team looks somewhat susceptible to stall, you might be able to crack through it eventually but you seem to lack the kick to actually kill their momentum. This is where Taunt Gengar comes in as mentioned earlier. Taunting defensive threats to keep them from spamming their toxics and recovers and all that shit that makes them feel tough really drives the momentum in your favour, it forces stall teams to play offensively which they cannot do. I'd advise running Focus Blast on it too to handle the afore mentioned threats from the other thread, but I can see you're not budging with this so I'd say replace Dazzling Gleam, it's exceptionally pointless and Thunderbolt at least helps you deal with bulky Waters that seem to hold you back. Focis Sash is also somewhat redundant since Sandstorm is just going to break it, I'd advise Black Sludge or Life Orb to either kick your attacks up a notch or to recover your health from the Sandstorm damage.
Shell Bell is an unreliable source of recovery on anything besides some F.E.A.R piece of shit, so I'd advise against running it on Volc. Life Orb or Leftovers are your two main go-to items for a Volc due to either offering consistent recovery or power. Lefties may be a superior option to roll back the Sandstorm damage you might be taking, Life Orb recoil + Sandstorm damage isn't favoured. There's Expert Belt too if you want some sort of compromise, I guess. I'd recommend HP Ice too, your team seems to have little to deal with Lando, Gyarados isn't the best answer due to taking super effective damage from a Stone Edge or whatever. You can bait Lando in with Volc and catch it with HP Ice on the switch, it takes some pressure of Gyara having an extra plan for Lando. Your team has so much Ground coverage anyway so losing HP Ground is not something you're missing.
I see digging into T-Tar is quite a trend here, so I'll join in the action. You seem to lack a solid answer to Lati@s, the Eon twins could potentially run through you depending on their coverage, if they're not HP Fire/Fighting runners then your best answer is risking a speed-tie with Gengar, and it's not safe to leave your strategy in the hands of RNG when you can avoid it. Scarf T-Tar is a thing for just that reason. It is the definitive anti-Lati machine, being able to outspeed it, trap it, whatever, unless it's a Scarfed HP Fighting Lati then you're clear for the kill. Also a relatively potent revenger in general against anything barring opposing Scarfers.
Garchomp, I have no idea what he does on your team, I'm guessing he's the subject of replacement with Excadrill? I can't see anything else he helps with. Regardless, your set is not optimal. The only sets Chomps really effectively run nowdays is Scarf or SR+SD lead. Given that I'm not all that sure about your team's overall direction I won't go into any more criticism of Chomp and assume it's being replaced with Exca unless stated otherwise.
Lastly, Scizor I'll assume the same thing as Chomp, it's being replaced with Megagross. Regardless, max Speed is recommended on Mega Sciz, or at least 224 speed to outspeed Timid Magnezone. Superpower can replace Bug Bite because, while Bug Bite is STAB Superpower offers more coverage against threats such as the afore mentioned Mag and Heatran who come in thinking they can check you. And SD over Roost, without SD (or Defog utility which is kind of dated on Mega Sciz) Mega Sciz is a waste of potential since it can't punch the hard holes or get the clean sweeps it otherwise would.
That's what I have for now. I might have more to say when I'm more sure of what your team is and what isn't (i.e: which 6 mons). Hope this helps.

Godzilla (Tyranitar) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower
You say Garchomp isn't viable today except for SD+SR or Choice Scarf and I was thinking about putting Tyranitar specially for using SR.
What if I use Garchomp as a lead like this:

EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4HP
Item: Rocky Helmet
Movestet:
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Swords Dance
Stealth Rock

This would be instead as Stealth Rock Tyranitar, it would also leave a space open in my team, what do you think? If that's fine would you also have any suggestion for that blank space?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)