XY OU Mega Scizor and Friends (ORAS)

Hello guys, this is my first post on these forums. I've been creating teams for a little while now but I've never gotten one rated, so I'd like a little community input. Here goes!

Scizor (F) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
Move set:
Swords Dance
Roost
Bullet Punch
Baton Pass

M-Scizor is my defensive tank and passer. It's a pretty standard set with Swords Dance for boosting, Roost for recovery, Bullet Punch as the sole attacking move for STAB/priority, and Baton Pass to help wingman her teammates to a sweep. The EV spread gives maximum bulk while being able to out-speed a Heatran lacking speed investment.

Tyranitar (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Sp Def / 4 Atk
Careful Nature
Move set:
Crunch
Fire Blast
Stone Edge
Earthquake

The other member of my defensive tandem. The EV spread, Assault Vest and use of sand make Tyranitar very bulky on the special side. Stone Edge and Crunch for strong STAB moves, Fire Blast for opposing Skarmorys, Ferrothorns etc., and Earthquake for coverage against the likes of Electric Pokemon. As well, sand is beneficial to Scizor and the next two Pokemon on the team.

Aerodactyl (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
Move set:
Stealth Rock
Taunt
Stone Edge
Aerial Ace

This is my team's lead. Focus Sash guarantees a turn for setting up Stealth Rock (barring moves like Icicle Spear, etc.). Taunt prevents other Stealth Rock leads from setting up. The two attacking moves in this set are Stone Edge, a powerful STAB move that will really hurt Talonflame, and Aerial Ace, a weaker STAB move but is useful for picking off weakened Fighting and Grass types, or completely killing frail Fighting types (I'm looking at you Gallade). EV spread obviously maximizes speed and damage output.

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 Sp Atk / 172 HP / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
Move set:
Volt Switch
Thunderbolt
HP Fire
Flash Cannon

The primary special attacker and pivot of the group. Volt Switch allows Mag to pivot out and gain momentum while hitting quite hard with Choice Specs. Thunderbolt and Flash Cannon are the standard STAB moves of the set (that don't make force me to switch out) along with HP Fire/Magnet Pull for those pesky Steel types like Scizor and Ferrothorn. The EV spread maximizes damage output, allows it to out-speed Skamory without speed investment, with the rest going into its bulk.

Dragonite (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
Move set:
Extremespeed
Thunder Punch
Outrage
Superpower

I ran a Dragon Dance Weaknite set for a long time but I decided to switch it up. With regard to the move set, Extremespeed is a solid priority move that will hit hard if Dragonite receives a boost from Scizor, Thunder Punch for coverage against Azumarill, Outrage because it hits like a truck and basically decimates anything that doesn't resist it, and Superpower for the likes of Ferrothorn, Heatran or Air Balloon Excadril. The EV spread maximizes speed and damage output of course.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spe / 4 Sp Def
Timid Nature
Move set:
Scald
Psychic
Rapid Spin
Recover

Starmie is the utility for this team. It's the sponge for status ailments and Fighting/Fire moves, Rapid Spinner, and it dishes out burns with Scald. Psychic provides strong STAB damage against Ghosts (spin blockers) and Fighting types that it will be switching in against. Rapid Spin and Recovery are self explanatory. The EV spread prioritizes speed, with the rest being poured into Starmie's bulk.

So that's it for my team. I still have more testing to do to determine what the major threats of this set are. Any suggestions or criticisms are welcome!

Sorry, I don't have too much time these days, so I'll have to keep this to some brief stuff I noticed at a glance.

No one these days should be running Assault Vest Tyranitar. For one thing you're wasting its potential as a hazard setter (not as necessary as you have lead Aero but still), or a status spreader. Careful prevents it from really doing anything on the offensive side (if I remember correctly you might be missing out on a lot of 2HKOs). Also I'm a bit wary of Tyranitar's position on this team, as setting up sand will cost you Dragonite's Multiscale if you switch it in while it's up. Sand doesn't really benefit any Pokemon other than Tyranitar (only Rock types have their SpDef increased, and Aerodactyl cannot take a hit anyway).

You could consider running Unnerve or Pressure over Rock Head, seeing as you have no recoil moves anyway, and Unnerve and Pressure are thus a little bit more useful in this case.

Dragonite running 4 HP EVs means its HP is even, and thus it can only switch into Stealth Rock 4 times. Remove them and put them somewhere else.

Starmie might be better off running Psyshock over Psychic, as most checks will be specially defensive, and that allows you to hit them harder.

Sorry this is so short, but I hope this helps.

Adding to AzureRain's point, the Tyranitar seems like a hindrance for your team. Especially for Dragonite since sand breaks multiscale. If you want to run an assault vest attacker, I'd recommend Goodra with Sap Sipper. It could switch into grass attacks aimed at Starmie and get a boost out of it. You have 2 steel types that could counter any fairy or dragon checks that attempt to KO Goodra. This is just a suggestion, of course, and I'm not an expert but I feel like you'll want to get rid of Tyranitar completely for this team to work effectively.

Thanks for the replies guys. Although I've had great success with Assault Vest Ttar on other teams, I was completely under the wrong impression that Steel and Ground types got their special defences buffed by sand! I will definitely look into a potential replacement for him, such as Goodra as suggested by wintermute0.
I knew that Aero's ability is useless with my current move set, but I was too lazy to keep breeding for Pressure or Unnerve, so I'll get around to it eventually. As for Dragonite's EV spread, I actually made a mistake! Those 4 EVs were put into defense. As for Starmie and its moveset, I prefer Psychic over Psyshock for the extra power but I may switch it based on the point AzureRain made.

Thanks for the replies guys. Although I've had great success with Assault Vest Ttar on other teams, I was completely under the wrong impression that Steel and Ground types got their special defences buffed by sand! I will definitely look into a potential replacement for him, such as Goodra as suggested by wintermute0.
I knew that Aero's ability is useless with my current move set, but I was too lazy to keep breeding for Pressure or Unnerve, so I'll get around to it eventually. As for Dragonite's EV spread, I actually made a mistake! Those 4 EVs were put into defense. As for Starmie and its moveset, I prefer Psychic over Psyshock for the extra power but I may switch it based on the point AzureRain made.

Well, steel typing grants immunity to sand chip damage. Which might have been what caused your confusion. Your team looks like it might have been based around that concept. If that's the case, then I would recommend finding a replacement for Dragonite... because she's really dead weight without multiscale. You might want to look into replacing Dragonite with Garchomp, as he benefits from sand and has fearsome offensive presence comparable to Dragonite. Plus, Garchomp is immune to sand chip damage as well.

Surprisingly, I've rarely lost Multiscale to sand thus far. I've considered using Garchomp but I think I'm just going to switch Tyranitar out. I like the idea of Goodra but I'd prefer a physical attacker with a strong special defensive presence so I have another option to pass along a Swords Dance via Scizor's Baton Pass.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)