ORAS OU M-Altaria Balance:The ZardX of ORAS, Peaked 1700 (#100) on the Ladder

Yo guys,BlazingRed here with another RMT.ORAS brought about many new megas and the one that caught my eye was definitely Altaria.It got a great ability in Pixilate while also having decent stats,the fact that it can run Physical ,Special AND Mixed sets is really terrifying and the fact that nothing can reliably handle it at +1 is very scary,mirroring Aegislash's prowess imo.I tested this team against ArchPhantom and I won!Shout out to you bud!

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 64 HP / 192 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Dragon Dance

The star of my team :] It does find limited opportunities to set up but when it does,gg fren.+1 Return OHKOs Landorus-T w/Scarf after Rocks and even at -1 or unboosted as well,Lati@s are wrecked while almost half of the meta is OHKOd by it,see why I call out it the ZardX of ORAS ;] EQ to deal with the likes of Heatran,Bisharp,M-Metagross,Raikou,etc.Roost takes advantage of its bulk and increases longevity.This is one of my Win Conditions.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Will O Wisp
- Toxic
- Taunt

Okay,Heatran is pretty much the best partner that M-Altaria can have.It resists Fairy and Steel moves while being immune to Poison type moves,Tran also completes my FDS Core while being the start of my FWG Core.Also pretty much deals with Magnezone and other Steel types that give M-Altaria trouble and stop it from sweeping.

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Icy Wind
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump

Alright,I saw that my team was pretty weak to Scarf Lando-T so I decided on Keldeo as my Revenge Killer.Before you'll go ahead and say I should be running Timid over Modest,hear me out.My team as a whole really struggles against M-Metagross so that's why I went for damage output over speed,since it is Scarfed and its primary purpose was to outspeed Lando-T anyway.Scald,Hydro Pump and Secret Sword are the STABs of choice,Scald giving me a decent chance to burn the oppo while Hydro Pump is for better damage output than Scald if required in certain situations.Secret Sword hits things like Ferro and Bisharp pretty hard often forcing them out and giving me many chances to double :]
Icy Wind is for Bulky Lando-T and Lati@s to an extent.This is my other win condition.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Defog
- Thunderbolt

Apart from Heatran,BirdSpam especially M-Pinsir did give my team a lot of problems so I decided on Zapdos,its primary role is my defogger while tanking Physical hits pretty well.I also needed a Ground Immunity so I chose Zapdos.Thunderbolt and Heat Weave are the damaging moves I've chosen so that I can hit M-Pinsir, Talonflame and Azumarril while Heat Wave deals with Ferro and Bisharp.Roost is there to keep me in the running and recover from chip damage and increase longevity.

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 176 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Baton Pass
- Giga Drain
- Recover

Celebi was added to my team as a SpDef Wall as I thoroughly needed one.It also completed my FWG Core and does serve as a Win Condition in very few cases as I can NP on quite a number of things and then Baton Pass depending on how the situation is.I really like the idea of Baton Passing +2 to a Scarf Keldeo after I've gotten rid of all the threats to it and then sweeping past teams.Giga Drain is my STAB here dealing with the likes of ,Keldeo while also being a good check to Thundurus-I.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Is a very reliable Rocks Setter and helped me solve my problems against M-Loppuny and M-Metagross. EVs allow it to survive HP Ice from M-Manectric,Raikou and Thundurus while maximising bulk.

That's it guys,feedback is really appreciated and like I saso I'd appreciate suggestions[ I'll constantly update this with Replays and suggested sets,etc.

REPLAYS:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-206568015 vs ArchPhantom(First Battle with this team)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-210069693

IMPORTABLE:
Altaria @ Altarianite
EVs: 64 HP / 192 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Dragon Dance

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Flash Cannon
- Toxic
- Taunt

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Defog
- Volt Switch

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 176 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Baton Pass
- Giga Drain
- Recover

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind
- Toxic

Shout outs to Kacey Nu and Cypher Amir for helping me greatly with this team.

Disciple_1 Houndoomite scotti Nova Riahi helped me in working out the small kinks and details so thanks to you too guys!

Peak Proof:
I'm PBC Ishaan

Attachments

Last edited:
Pretty solid team bro. Since you are using taunt on heatran, it's better to use an EV spread of 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe. This gives you enough speed to taunt some annoying stallers. But your team looks pretty weak to Mega Garde. After one CM it pretty much sends your team to Kingdom Come. Also change Scald to either Hp flying or electric. Hp flying helps with venusaur and electric deals with Gyarados. One way of dealing with gardevoir is to use Talonflame with taunt+bulk up or the SD version. But this makes you weaker to birdspam so bulk up is preferred. Also heatran can't handle garde because garde 2HKOs with Focus Blast.

Hope I helped :)

Pretty solid team bro. Since you are using taunt on heatran, it's better to use an EV spread of 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe. This gives you enough speed to taunt some annoying stallers. But your team looks pretty weak to Mega Garde. After one CM it pretty much sends your team to Kingdom Come. Also change Scald to either Hp flying or electric. Hp flying helps with venusaur and electric deals with Gyarados. One way of dealing with gardevoir is to use Talonflame with taunt+bulk up or the SD version. But this makes you weaker to birdspam so bulk up is preferred. Also heatran can't handle garde because garde 2HKOs with Focus Blast.

Will definitely try this out,thanks so much :]

Nova

snitches get stitches
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey solid looking team. Just want to give a few suggestions on some of the sets that could help optimize them.

I would replace either Giga Drain or Psychic with Recover. I really don't like defensive Celebi without Recover since it pretty much limits you to only one opportunity to set up a NP. I would lean towards keeping Giga Drain.

Timid nature should definitely be used over Modest on Keldeo. Timid allows you to outspeed Scarf Garchomp, Scarf Base 100s, and tie with other Scarf Keldeo and Terrakion. Keldeo seems like the most obvious recipient of Celebi's Nasty Plot boosts so he should have enough power already. HP Ice should replace Icy Wind on Keldeo. With Scarf you already outspeed Landorus-T and non-Scarf Latis so the speed drop doesn't really do much for you. HP Ice offers 5 more BP and 5% accuracy.

Id recommend you to run offensive set on Zapdos, you already have a defensive poke in Landorus ,and i belive goign offensive you will be more effective with zapdos, he would benefit from nasty pass even more and wreck other teams.

Id recommend you to run offensive set on Zapdos, you already have a defensive poke in Landorus ,and i belive goign offensive you will be more effective with zapdos, he would benefit from nasty pass even more and wreck other teams.
What set do you suggest?

What EVs for for BulkUp Tflame?Also whom should I replace?

Nice team, you should give Zapdos and Celebi 32 Speed EVs to outrun Adamant Bisharp and Jolly T-Tar.

This Heatran set would probably work better for this team.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Taunt
- Earth Power / Flash Cannon

Last edited:
Nice team, you should give Zapdos and Celebi 32 Speed EVs to outrun Adamant Bisharp and Jolly T-Tar.

This Heatran set would probably work better for this team.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Taunt
- Earth Power
Thanks fren,will try it out in a few

Scotti

we back.
I would suggest trying out defensive hippowdon over lando-t. Defensive Hippowdon does better against mega metagross then lando-t, and does more for your team overall. It takes on more threats such as mega lopunny, bisharp, and physical attacker in general a lot better.

set
Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Toxic

hope i helped.

I would suggest trying out defensive hippowdon over lando-t. Defensive Hippowdon does better against mega metagross then lando-t, and does more for your team overall. It takes on more threats such as mega lopunny, bisharp, and physical attacker in general a lot better.

set
Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Toxic

hope i helped.
Thanks Scotti,Hippo could very well solve my problems

So Ishaan aka BlazingRed
These are the changes I made to your team after you graciously shared it so I could ladder to 1550 & climbing with it. Also, I only dodged Stealth Rock numbers where appropriate. Making everyone's HP odd is unwise - it shouldn't be divisible by the denominator of the fraction used to remove HP. Natures are unchanged.

Keldeo
48 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 204 Spe

-Outrun Jolly Scarf Excadrill - I actually ran into a few when my Speed was lower.

Altaria
64 HP / 192 Atk / 40 Def / 212 Spe

-Outrun Base 120 after Dragon Dance - doesn't outrun Noivern/Weavile but Weavile maybe be inclined to Ice Shard
I lost to a Double Dance LandoT after KO'ing one mon and barely made it through defensive ones. So I added Physical bulk to take those EQs marginally better, which is enough to make a difference. It also gives some hope against M-Scizor's Bullet Punch.

Heatran
252 HP / 248 SpD / 8 Spe

Lava Plume/Flamethrower
Toxic
Will-O-Wisp
Flash Cannon/Earth Power
-Gets the Nature boost and outruns 0 Spe Blastoise
I use Will-O-Wisp on my Heatran a LOT. It catches and cripples so many things. I still needed Toxic for Talonflame (this guy set up 2 Swords Dances on me and KO'd me with a Brave Bird crit) and for catching some Water tpes on the switch in. Flash Cannon is the least effective move because Lava Plume does what it does and I'm usually facing CeleTran/SylvTran/ClefTran so I need something to hit the Heatran and not the Fairy. In fact Flash Cannon's damage on the Fairy is way too low when your Heatran isn't offensive, but I keep it anyway because all the opposing Heatran are also running Earth Power and could probably survive mine.

Zapdos
248 HP / 240 Def / 4 SpA / 16 Spe

-Outspeed Adamant Bisharp

Celebi
252 HP / 64 Def / 176 SpD / 16 Spe

-Gets nature boost from SpD
-Remaining EVs in Defense help me play against Jolly Bisharp depending on how much HP I have left. The EVs have also helped against Physical attacks like Ice Punch or Defensive LandoT's U-Turn.

So Ishaan aka BlazingRed
These are the changes I made to your team after you graciously shared it so I could ladder to 1550 & climbing with it. Also, I only dodged Stealth Rock numbers where appropriate. Making everyone's HP odd is unwise - it shouldn't be divisible by the denominator of the fraction used to remove HP. Natures are unchanged.

Keldeo
48 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 204 Spe

-Outrun Jolly Scarf Excadrill - I actually ran into a few when my Speed was lower.

Altaria
64 HP / 192 Atk / 40 Def / 212 Spe

-Outrun Base 120 after Dragon Dance - doesn't outrun Noivern/Weavile but Weavile maybe be inclined to Ice Shard
I lost to a Double Dance LandoT after KO'ing one mon and barely made it through defensive ones. So I added Physical bulk to take those EQs marginally better, which is enough to make a difference. It also gives some hope against M-Scizor's Bullet Punch.

Heatran
252 HP / 248 SpD / 8 Spe

Lava Plume/Flamethrower
Toxic
Will-O-Wisp
Flash Cannon/Earth Power
-Gets the Nature boost and outruns 0 Spe Blastoise
I use Will-O-Wisp on my Heatran a LOT. It catches and cripples so many things. I still needed Toxic for Talonflame (this guy set up 2 Swords Dances on me and KO'd me with a Brave Bird crit) and for catching some Water tpes on the switch in. Flash Cannon is the least effective move because Lava Plume does what it does and I'm usually facing CeleTran/SylvTran/ClefTran so I need something to hit the Heatran and not the Fairy. In fact Flash Cannon's damage on the Fairy is way too low when your Heatran isn't offensive, but I keep it anyway because all the opposing Heatran are also running Earth Power and could probably survive mine.

Zapdos
248 HP / 240 Def / 4 SpA / 16 Spe

Celebi
252 HP / 64 Def / 176 SpD / 16 Spe

-Gets nature boost from SpD
-Remaining EVs in Defense help me play against Jolly Bisharp depending on how much HP I have left. The EVs have also helped against Physical attacks like Ice Punch or Defensive LandoT's U-Turn.
Thank you,I'll try this out :]

set
Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Toxic

hope i helped.
So I tried out Hippowdown,the problem I faced was the loss of momentum

Blazing red i recommend special defnsive tyranitar as rock setter i have one on my mega taria team but i have 3 differnt pokes than you, i have m-altaria, magnazone, keldeo, tyranitar, latios and volcarona, is there anything you or other people can help me with?, i cant post a new thread until nwext monday becuase or rmt rules but i would like some help

Blazing red i recommend special defnsive tyranitar as rock setter i have one on my mega taria team but i have 3 differnt pokes than you, i have m-altaria, magnazone, keldeo, tyranitar, latios and volcarona, is there anything you or other people can help me with?, i cant post a new thread until nwext monday becuase or rmt rules but i would like some help
Sure,PM me

quick question. now on the ou suspect test metagross mega is not avaible. are u gonna change back keldeo to timid or are there other reasons? i made an rmt 2 if u dont mind me plz check it out [: maybe we can make a team together 1 day? and u should (dosent mean u have to) make a threat list telling us how u deal with mons that rekt balence suck as gengar or crawdaunt, landorus etc etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)